Haunted Wood cause you never know who's watching you
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Joining 

the border was well-kept. reminiscent of blackfeather, tedious in its marking. abeja kept her distance, wary the potentially volatile nature of the wolves hidden on the other side.

she rolled her shoulders back and prepared herself for the routine. there would be questions, for each she'd thought of an answer. 

eventually, abeja felt confident enough to call for an audience. she allowed her song to ring out, then settling into submission and awaiting an audience.
spanish english
hover for translations!
sometimes, dead is better
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
2C°, currently it is overcast/foggy and set during the afternoon. Located in Haunted Woods, borders | ooc notes: swiggy swooty!

Another call rang out. The woods were quiet for a while, but lately, there seemed to be more activity around the borders. Perhaps the famine was bringing in more wolves and coaxing them to join packs - never the less, even if they were temporary, he would not turn his head away from a possible new member. Even temporary members spread the word of their presence and capabilities, or perhaps they would stay longer than anticipated if they piqued their interest... 

Once again the Warlord made his way toward the border, where he was greeted by another female who had found her way here. Curious enough, there were more females in the pack than he had originally guessed would be. Male-dominated, equally numbered - but never did he think they would take in as many females as they did. How interesting. Of course, that was if she was here to join, she could very well be bringing a message to deliver and nothing more.

She was older looking, possibly well-aged and battle savvy should he give her the benefit of the doubt. I'm the Warlord of these lands, Vengeance. Why do you call me?
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
the greeting was followed by a momentary silence. i come to join, abeja explained. she moved to seat herself, taking a moment to study the brute's features. vengeance, he'd called himself. i am a mercenary and a scout. i am sure that i can be useful to you. the meaning was clear: whatever he required of her, she would do in exchange for her survival.

she waited for a response before continuing. my name, abeja. dulce, if you wish. a small smile twisted at the corner of her maw, falling quickly to avoid suggestion.
spanish english
hover for translations!
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Carefully he listened to the woman as she spoke, slowly as she decided on her words and decision, something he came to respect in any individual. So she did come to join, as she confirmed immediately the moment she decided to speak. For the time being, he remained silent, allowing her the stage to speak and make her introduction - once she has given a name, he mulled over her words before parting blackened lips to continue himself. 

We are a pack of mercenaries, you will fit in just fine. A scout is always useful. We have plenty of use for you, that's for certain, Abeja. He confirmed her offer first before continuing. You'll begin as a Grunt, but in one month you can climb the ranks. I look forward to watching your progress. Turning to face the woods once more, he shot a glance over to the woman to invite her to cross the border and find her place among them.
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
abeja lifted fully then, moving to walk beside vengeance. she made sure to keep a respectful distance between them, only once bumping shoulders. and this pack, is called? she looked around, gaze bouncing along the foliage. can you tell me more of this land? your philosophy, your history — anything to keep you talking. 

the time to offer her services fully would come, but not before they developed a mutual trust. just as easily as she could wrong him, the same could be done to her.
spanish english
hover for translations!
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
As they walked, the woman decided to join him and ask questions. Not many were open to such things, but she decided to take her time to get to know her new pack as much as possible. He respected that, she was clever, they needed more clever individuals around. Those who think before they act. Collectively we go by the name of Nightwalkers. His eyes darted to her as their shoulders bumped, paying attention to it for a brief moment. 

The misty woods is our home. We are allied with the mountain wolves called Moonspear, I advise you to not trifle with our alliance. The good of Nightwalkers pack comes first, and our alliance with Moonspear grants us much power over Great Bear Wilderness. Together, Hydra and I lay our claim. There was much that Vengeance turned a blind eye to. Shit, he asked a vindictive escaped captive to remain among them in order to pad their numbers, keep his rage on their side in exchange for the safety of one to two of his own members. One, of course, is more of a thorn in his side.

But that was no topic of conversation. He didn't think she must know such a thing... There were certain things he preferred they learned on their own here.
Grunt
157 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
nightwalkers, they were called. vengeance mentioned another pack, moonspear, but abeja wasn't familiar. she assumed that at some point, she would have to go and meet this hydra. and if i call for you, the scout then thought to ask, will you answer? or is there another leader i should know? 

after breaking apart from vengeance, she would seek out the other wolves of this wood. make conversation, small talk. i believe these are all of my questions for now. abeja would wait to be dismissed, not moving from the warlord's side until he indicated it was okay to do so.
spanish english
hover for translations!
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Perhaps. He said with a coy grin. He was a busy man after all. He wasn't always around to answer every call that came around for him. Though he had a hard time ignoring when he did hear a call ring out for him, curiosity was a devilish thing that dragged him by the neck to investigate the cause behind the summons. I have a second in command. Alison. A fire coated woman with an icy stare.

Very well. With a nod, he sent her on her way. He wasn't one to talk too much unless questioned after all. He preferred for them to discover the lands and their new packmates first hand. She was already informed that they were all mercenaries, she had her imagination to prepare her for what was to come. While she was on her way, he remained near the borders, continuing his patrol for now.