Haunted Wood Get out of here, Demencia!
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Private 
Backdated a few days. @Vanity!

He heard about Vanity's meltdown and how it landed her in the pit through the grapevine, and there was no way he'd pass up asking for more juicy details straight from the source. He wondered whether it was just a moment of weakness or she had snapped for good.

Approaching the pit's lip, Black Hat sat perched like a raven and peered down at the lieutenant. There was another woman down there as well, and while he knew nothing about her or why she was here, she was of little interest at the moment. What are you doing down there, dear Vanity? He asked with just a dash of playful contempt.
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
A shuffle by the lip and Vanity turned her attention away from some bug looking for winter shelter to the face that popped over.
Great.

Of course, Black Hat had come to taunt her, but she could easily hop out and maul him, make it look like an accident of him getting too close. And not be reprimanded for it.
She smirked, wandering closer to him.
"Having a break." She really would have to leave, like tomorrow or something. She didn't really want to sit here with a friend nor have Black Hat nosey about. 
She still didn't feel 100% though.
"Come to visit, I see?" Her tail coiled about her sitting haunches.
A coiled serpent.
| | | |                              "Common" "Spanish"
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
So far, she seemed to be back to her normal self. He was a tad disappointed; seeing her torn at the seams would've giving him a good laugh. Ah, well. Equally aware of her ability leap out for a scrap with him, Black Hat remained firmly planted where he was. He'd toss her back in if he had to.

"Having a break," She answered. He tilted his head.

A break from what, exactly? If he could crack open her skull and see what went awry there, he would. Since he couldn't, this was the next best thing. Something had to push Vanity past her breaking point, and he doubted it was anything superficial. He knew he was prying, but he wouldn't push it too far if she clammed up. That was an exercise in futility.

I have. I was worried about you, you know. Good to see your head hasn't come totally unscrewed, 'Worried' wasn't the most accurate word to describe his reaction, but he wouldn't get anywhere in the world if all the connections he made were enemies.
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
"Life," she muttered. She didn't think he had, or ever would, take a break. As a Queen, she could take a break and let everyone else do the work for a while. All she had to do is organize, and she liked that.
She just wanted to sit, and she did.

Then he admitted he was worried, which made her laugh, almost hysterically, tipping her head back. She fished her broken laugh, coughing softly, but grinning. 
"You lie, Black Hat. You are selfish I know. And you'd enjoy seeing me in madness, as much as I'd like seeing you." There was certainly no romance in their relationship, more like tentative trust. She didn't find him attractive either really. Her tail brushed the floor, more than happy to be talking to him. Perhaps he'd venture down, for whatever reason.
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He was visibly unimpressed at her answer. Laziness is unbecoming of anyone. Weren't you a queen? Even with the luxuries that came with being a king, Black Hat remained vigilant in his duties. Though both had once ruled, she was born into the title while he had to work his ass off for it. He was disappointed; it seemed Vanity was little more than a spoiled brat with a pretty face.

She made a show of laughing at his lie, seeing right through it. He snorted. Me? Selfish? Never, He jested, taking no offense to the accusation. It was true, anyone who remotely knew him could see that clear as day, including himself. Still, he was trying not to be overtly dickish, though their back and forth made it hard for him not to be a smartass.
♚ JOIN CORONA
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
So he was suggesting that she was some pretentious brat that did fuck all for all of her life.
She had to fight her siblings for the position of Cerro Picacho del Diablo. 
"No one is handed anything," and he should know that better than her. She climbed from halfway up the ladder, not the bottom.
"I was, and one day will be again. Sooner than anyone may think." 
Her head tilted, looking at him intently. Waiting for his move.

Only her eyes showed her amusement from the sarcasm. She wanted to know why he thought of her as spoiled and unbothered.
Perhaps she'd have to entice him to relax one day.
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
She said no one was handed anything, but Black Hat begged to differ. Some are, He returned, speaking from experience. Whether she was one of those people or not, his opinion that she was lazy remained firm in the absence of evidence to refute it. Vanity went on to assert she would regain her title as queen once again, but those word rang hollow to him. We'll see about that. She was no doubt scheming something, but weren't they all? He didn't feel too threatened.
♚ JOIN CORONA
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
"Mhm," she mused. Quiet and brooding now. But she didn't want him to leave just yet, but also didn't want to talk. Just the quiet company. Hopefully he'd stick around for a little bit whilst she brooded. If not, she wouldn't be in a rush to stop him. That was his choice. 
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Silence fell between them. Not being one to relish the presence of others, he rose and turned to leave. But before he did, Black Hat shot something over his shoulder: I'll stop pestering you. Enjoy your vacation. With a lingering sneer, he departed.
♚ JOIN CORONA