Moonspear she may not be a pharaoh, but she guzzled down the Nile
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
attn @Lyra or @Alya i miss u

Hydra prowled the borders, closer to the edge of the Glen this eve. She marked and patrolled, diligent in her efforts, though her mind wandered as she dwelled on all the events as of late. What was most important to prioritize, now? What no longer demanded her attention? Need she waste her time on Neverwinter when there was a murderer on the loose? They, since her altercation with Markus, kept away... wise decision, that, or she would have a far more obvious answer to that question. 

And then there was the matter of the new drifters in Bramblepoint. All of Moonspear by now knew her feelings on the matter of more settlers in the Wilderness with the food being as hard to find as it had been. Due to their tenacity, they were far from starving... and they would not starve, either, so long as they continued to work together as they had... but it was not as though times had been easy. Hydra had grown all the more harder for it, and harsh. 

Her family must be fed. Her children must eat. 

It was then her eyes fell upon a sickly looking lone coywolf, younger than her but by no means young. 

They had not seen her in the shadows, even despite her contrasting entirely with the snow—but even from here she could see the look in their eyes, sunken into the gaunt face though they were, was without regard for much of anything in its immediate surroundings. This was a being driven by hunger. Hydra, motivated by hunger herself and more than that, rage, fell into a surging sprint to intercept. 

She would kill them, this bastard, and surely any other she might come across that ever again did the same as this cur did.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
these violent delights
402 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Lyra was not as hands-on in her patrols as her sisters; rather the woman would keep to the upper reaches of their mountain and watch for intruders from on high. It was mostly a tactical decision, but it also gave her a sense of superiority to have such an eagle eye view of the outskirts of their territory — the perks that came with living on a mountain such as theirs. Today, however, she descended from her perch as she spied a filthy coyote stray wander into their home, his gait haggard but oddly determined. Her first thought was the pups, but they were old enough now that they would be able to put up enough of a fight before help arrived. No, this creature was after their stores.

As the Ostrega quickly picked her way down the mountain, she spied a black shadow stealthily following after the cur and felt a wicked smile tug at her lips. Falling into step behind her sister, Lyra followed at length for a few minutes before Hydra suddenly broke into an all-out sprint towards the perpetrator. She matched her warrior sister's strides, but headed in a diagonal direction as opposed to Hydra's head on charge. Her plan was to flank the intruder and block his exit — he would have nowhere to run.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The intruder realized they were being followed. Rather than quit the scene, they too saw Lyra and simply moved ahead; whose fangs would find him first? 

Hydra was gaining on the other fast; its petite stature served it for the time as it flew over the snow, but the matriarch was relentless. Before long her headlong strides granted her access to a hindleg; a too-rough nip to a heel was enough to cause its bumbling misstep and slow it. Hydra's own speed adjusted, but she surged past the animal a moment before she turned on her heel to clash into it head on, moving to shove it roughly toward Lyra with bowed head and sharp shoulderblade.
these violent delights
402 Posts
Ooc — Laur
I rolled to see if she managed to grab him BUT BOTH LYRA AND I SUCK IT SEEMS LMAO

It seemed the creature was not put off by the two wolves now following it, and it continued doggedly on its mission which only served to enrage the twins. Hydra's teeth were first to find purchase around a hindleg as she eventually caught up to it. It stumbled roughly in the snow before emitting a fiendish growl that set Lyra's hackles on end.

Her path curved as she sprinted towards both her sister and the coywolf as Hydra charged ahead and spun to meet it with the rest of her fangs. Lyra noted the way she directed it towards her with a rough shove and made a quick lunge to grab ahold of its nape to force it to the ground. Only the wild cur was quick, and twisted just in time to meet her jaws with a snap of his own, nicking her lip with a stray tooth. Flinching, Lyra bowed her head in response, suddenly tasting blood upon her tongue.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Out from her sisters jaws, well and truly into her own as Hydra seized the opportunity. Such was their way. Hydra snared the animal by the scruff and with a savage shake of her head, its neck was effectively broken. It might have been dead before that, so sure and crushing was Hydra's snare-like grip. She released it then, and it fell limply to the earth at her feet. 

Panting, Hydra looked to Lyra. There was blood upon her, and Hydra felt great anger toward the thing at their feet. With a rumble, Hydra grabbed at the hindquarter of the beast and whuffed around the haunch, dragging it her way and tempting her sister to a game of draw-and-quarter. A childhood favorite, between she, Lyra, and Alya... or as others knew it better, tug-of-war.
these violent delights
402 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Without any hint of hesitation, Hydra was quick to ensure the cur's end. Lyra did not hear the dull crack of its spine between her sister's teeth nor even a gurgle as the coywolf gasped for its last breaths of air. No, it died quickly and silently, afforded little mercy for daring to set foot upon their mountain. Lyra's eyes watched its form slump lifelessly to the ground, before she wiped away the blood on her lip with a swipe of her tongue. Good riddance.

She noticed then Hydra looking at her with her mirrored stare, before her queen dipped her head to grab at the creature's hind leg. Lyra's features twisted into a smile; she remembered this game well. It was not the most efficient way of quartering their prey, but it was fun. With a soft but excited wuff, the Ostrega fastened her jaws around the lower end of its spine and gave an instigating tug, hoping between the both of them they could pull the hindquarter straight off.