Greatwater Lake I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Babe, there's something wretched about this
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
All Welcome 
-3C°, currently it is snowing and set during late afternoon. Located in Kintla Flatlands, greatwater lake | ooc notes: last thread before he heads back to Rusalka! Last of lost Rosencrantz <3 | Current Wounds: 2 broken ribs, scabbed shoulder (deep), chest (deep) and muzzle (shallow), multiple bruises

Three. He had counted the moon's cycles and today, give or take a few days or so, would mark the third week where he had been away from Rusalka after getting turned around a lost in the bog - before everything had gone down. Before seeing her ghost in the field of frozen flowers. Since that day he had been wandering for days, anywhere but there, anywhere but the field of flowers where the ghost of Rhaella had awoken the hatred he had allowed to subside. 

Three long weeks had gone by, and not one of those days were spent in bliss. He wondered about Tundra and how she faired, did she come by Rusalka while he away and believed he had abandoned her? He didn't even know where to find her in order to explain otherwise, to try and salvage that glimmer of happiness he had. Was she even doing well, did she find her home again?

Thick feet sank into the sandy bottom of the glacial lake, spongy as it devoured his toes while the snowy mountain of a wolf sat in the icy waters, looking out into the horizon. The soft current of the water tugged and pushed against his solid frame, washing away the dirt and blood that had gathered on his pelt in the last few weeks. Finally, he had found clean enough water to wash, and instead, he sat there soaking up the sunset while thinking of what had happened. The chill of the lake had long ago stopped stinging as his skin turned numb to the cold. 

A welcoming feeling for once.

No longer did he feel sore, angered or fear as he floated there in the sand with no sensation to ground him. For now, he was truly at peace.
New Threads: closed
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
mwaha

she is for once, not an eye catching phantom drifting in a world that caters for other beings. as snow coated the bare flatlands in undisturbed bliss whilst the feathery substance cascaded about their queen, she smiles. one with the land and perhaps possibly regarded now as something more akin to a sylph with drifting steps rather than the harsh unapt ghost that haunted the summer months. 

she is headed for the mountains, having spent the previous night in the dark blur of her woods after departing from the dark man which we'll be vague about bc that thread just started. restlessly her raven circles above and she spares him the cursory glance of equally, starkly dark eyes, seeming to be even moreso amongst the muted hues ecompassing her small frame. there is an uncharacteristic lightness to her step considering that her journey led her away from blackfeather and towards courtfall but perhaps it was down to nothing more than the freshly sharp air to sting at her leathery nose. of course it would be her who'd claim a love for the harsh beauty of the winter months.

yet there is a disturbance to her oncoming reverie in the form of another snow spirit. squinting against blurring flakes, a large creature resides by the significant landmark of the flatlands, the greatwater lake. further squinting, it is difficult from this distance to make out where it and the snow separate to become individuals but unlike the chilling powder, the other is certainly living. a hesitant inhale, rocking on toes - she can make a wider arc and avoid conversation or she could allow herself to wander close and risk confrontation. yet then, a breeze- sharp and humming with possibility as it carries his scent right to her and oh!

rosencrantz

hesitation dissipates like morning fog as she moves determinedly towards his hulking frame, skilled paws making little mark on the snow as she moves lithely forth. it is only when closer does she realise he has settled within the icy waters. alarm makes a dull attempt at disconnected emotions and a frown crosses pale features as she reaches the banks. she may praise winter but she was no fool, it was the greatest predator. this version of mother nature would draw you in with false pretences of pure beauty only to snatch you with a blackened heart. it was what the soldier found most enthralling about it. yet it also told her that this was no way to aid ones own survival through risky months. "rosencrantz!it lifts from her jaws as smooth as the gently rippling waters before her and travels to the man. there is something off about his demeanour and her tail gives a restless swish as bertók eyes curiously from above. what was he doing?
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
Finals are over, no more wild Christmas parties that I know of - my posts should be faster now!! YES TUNDRA!!!

He sat there in pensive tranquility. Pondering over his recent adventures, trying to make sense of it all. Allowing his brain to mull over what he had seen, done, reactions and faces he had met. The chill was numbing, a welcomed feeling of sensory deprivation from the chest down as the water rhythmically pulled and pushed at his body. The sting that previously pricked at his skin was still much more welcome than the dirt and grime that began to cling to his body while waiting to find a clean pool of water to bathe. 

With a soft exhale the plume of white escaped his maw as his eyes shut to let himself drift away in thought - until a voice rang out and stole his attention. Swiftly his ears flickered back in response, gathering her one word, his name, it sounded joyful. Tundra. She was either not mad at him for not being at Rusalka's borders to welcome her, or she hadn't made it back there as just as he didn't.

With a twist of his neck, he greeted her, Tundra, I didn't think we'd meet like this yet again. Randomly he meant, always finding one another in such unarranged situations - but it was a pleasant surprise, to say the least. Shifting in the sand he turned to face her, the waters sloshing around with his movements, perturbed by his sudden motion that disturbed its original tranquility. Did you find your home? From here, he couldn't tell what scent she held - all he could smell was water and the cold.

For a moment that one eye lit up, she was beyond a welcomed sight, a companion with whom he could relax around - a familiar face, a friend, and he felt himself decompress even in the chill of the waters. Of everyone who could have come across him at this moment, she was possibly the best of them all.
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
ears lean forward as she leans in to his every syllable; head tilted slightly to the side as she regards him with something akin to bemusement. sitting in the literal freezing waters of a lake and chatting her up as if nothing were odd about the entire situation, lips turn upwards slightly. sidling closer so that the water laps hungrily at her toes, she gives in to the smirk so that it blossoms across softened features. despite knowing the true meaning of what he says, she decides to purposely take it too literal as a snort accompanies words strung with impish intentions. "perhaps i lost more of my memory than i initially registered because i do not recall ever meeting quite like this nor did i ever imagine i would come across you taking a well earned rest in the treacherously chilled waters of this lovely lakeher tail flicks at her hocks as another slow step has her paws covered by the water whilst it ripples with excitement at the prospect of getting to claim her slight body. 

a soft sigh shifts forth at his next enquiry, rare hints of playfulness subsiding at the depressing element of what her reply would have to entail. glancing back in the direction of blackfeather, her head shakes whilst shoulders sag slightly. "noshe glances back towards him, hesitant. seconds slip by before she inhales slowly and straightens to stand taller again, eyes flashing. "i..wasn't doing great so i joined the first pack i came across, which is courtfall- it's in the mountains. i'm sorry i didn't come to rusalka, i would've! i was just stubborn and eventually ran out of time...i did find the woods eventually but i was too late, not that i could've just gone back but they aren't even there anymore. i met them just before they planned to departit's spoken listlessly as if she were simply reciting a passage from memory, refusing to let building emotions taint her tone as eyes grow reproachful in preparation to grow defensive.

deep down she even knows now that he would not be the type to attempt using any stray emotions against her and yet still she cannot bring herself to fall into a vulnerable state. he'd admired the soldier she'd been raised to be, not the mess she was becoming. 

ears lean back slightly as her eyes lift to the skies, desperately drinking in the familiar form of bertók as he continued to circle curiously above. her little piece of home, always by her side.
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
I know you just replied, but I'm too thrilled to wait for .3.

Honey dips towards her toes as he watches her test the waters, the warrior found some amusement in her attempts, allowing the chill to only kiss a small part of her. Then she speaks, stealing his gaze once more as he searches her face for something while she spoke. He respected the phantom woman, perhaps a little too much for his own liking as he continuously fought a rising sensation within him as he continued to study her features with every word. I know you know that is not what I meant. His words teasing in return. Of course, she had to know he meant in the midst of turmoil, yet again. Perhaps not outwardly as they did before, but the turbulence still raged within despite his calm exterior.

Riddled with wounds that threatened to open and bleed again, along his chest and face, bruises tender to the touch and still recovering broken ribs - the weeks were not kind to the battle-worm champion. But he wouldn't dare bore her with his prattling. He was simply reveling in her presence. 

Tundra continues, speaking of her time between their previous meeting and now. Things were not easy on both ends. Courtfall, he would remember the name and somewhat location in which it stood - in the mountains... the ones nearby perhaps? Once she finished he shakes his head softly. You're well, that is all that matters. And at least she hadn't gone looking and found him missing at their borders, it was a relief to hear. He would never admit to being disappointed that she found a home away from him, not to himself and less so out loud. 

Her head twisted toward the skies and he felt the pull to do the same, what could she be looking at? a frown found its way to his lips as he spotted the bird, the raven who circled above. Did she always have a companion to watch the skies? Feeling the urge to stand nearer, he lifted himself from the depths, feeling the drag of the waters fight against him weighing down his fur, sleeking it against the thick frame of the warrior with muscles bringing him closer to her, to Tundra, all the while keeping his eye on the raven. Is it yours? He spoke lowly, stopping his encroachment on her space just inches away. Should the thing be a spy he would take precautions for now.
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
a wry smile paints her lips as she nods slowly; "i knowit's breathed slowly as dark eyes trace over his pale figure. they did appear to come across each other at the most sporadic of times and she cannot help but ponder over the chance of it. so many wolves roamed these wilds whom she would likely never meet and yet by chance alone she had come across rosencrantz three times in such different settings. she didn't believe in fate but if she did....with a metaphorical shake of her head she refocuses on the present, not wishing to fall prey to that spiral always threatening the center of her mind. there was no reason to at that moment and so she would refuse to let it destroy what could be a potentially pleasant moment in time, her jaw grits slightly. 

yet unknowingly his next string of words open a whole new can of worms and dark eyes drop to the cracked reflection gazing solemnly back. 'you're well at least' was she? did she appear to be? ears lean back slightly as she inhales a little shakily, nodding with a pained slowness. she was okay...right? it made no sense for her not to be and yet, why did her heart disagree so wholly with that statement? having spent so long focused on refusing to acknowledge clamouring emotions, shutting them down with an unhealthy obsession to be the soldier she'd been raised to be, be able to perform her duties of dispatchment with the efficiency only present when one gave in to the true life of a soldier- it had done more damage than she could ever understand. for even now that her life had taken such a different turn and murmurings had leaped free from the thawing of iced walls; she knew not how to understand or care for what now shared this vessel with her. having been beaten in such ways, her mind searched only for physical hindrances and upon finding none; considered the being that was tundra; okay.

as for what winced and twisted within, it could only be considered a plague. some broken part of her letting this substance in that would silently kill her from within. so the question remained forever unanswered; was she okay? clearly yes, healthier than ever and yet...no, she did not feel okay. suddenly quite breathless, she busies herself with leaning forth to lap at the water; relishing in the shocking chill of it running down her throat. luckily, rosencrantz appeared at least somewhat distracted by bertók and she glances up once more, little droplets of waters dripping from tense jaws and clinging to the thick fur of her chest as a weak smile snakes forth. "i am as much his as he is mineshe would never use possessive words to explain what bertók was to her, he did not belong to any and she dared say the raven was wiser than any of the wolves she'd met; herself included. seeming to notice the attention had shifted to him, he gives a lofty caw and she cannot resist chuckling lightly as fond eyes track his movements until he lingers just by her head. "this is bertók, he's from blackfeather too. and bertók this dashing man is rosencrantz

hints of playfulness trace her words once more but it's more out of an effort to ignore what had been uprooted only moments previous as she casts another look to her company now that he's closer. part of her wishes to fill that twisting little bit emptiness left between them and it takes all her strength to ignore such a wish until eyes widen with slight surprise at a sudden realisation that the honey eyed man did not appear quite so seraphic as usual. beaten and injured, a frown presses to her features as she now does wade slightly further to stand centimetres from his sodden form, eyes tracing over his true unhidden frame as she puts effort into simply not getting distracted from what had helped draw her closer in the first place. "what happened to you?she murmurs a little guiltily, how self obsessed of her to think so much about her own well being without taking a moment to consider that her companion may not be so perfect himself.
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
Watching the Witcher on Netflix gave me sooo much Rosen muse

Could it be fate? Destiny? Maybe he was just lucky. Something had to be bringing them back together over and over in such random circumstances. The brute believed in none of it and yet it was an interesting thought. He could see why some would pour their heart and soul into such trivial beliefs - it was a magical thing that made sense of the nonsense. Those who feared the unknown would cling to such stories as predestination or Gods. Unlike them, he didn't fear the unknown. 

Despite her best attempts in hiding the turmoil that took siege of her heart, the signs were hard to ignore. Even one who lacked social graces as the wet knight could tell that he had triggered her somehow with what he had said. Wallowing in silence he watched as the gears turned within her head, quietly observing and not daring to disturb her own internal war. It was like he could see it all play behind a white sheet, a play made of shadows. He couldn't make out the details, and the message was as clear as an uncut crystal. The question didn't sit well, that was for certain. Are you not? Deeply but softly he inquired, not wanting to force her to speak should she close herself off.

He knew more than most when it came to closing themselves off to the outside world. It was something he was all too familiar with. But the bird was a welcomed distraction indeed. Shifting the conversation while a more defensive nature arose within. Watching the beast fly above made the paladin weary, yearning to reach up and pluck the raven from the skies with his bare teeth. Or not.

Only now did Rosencrantz feel how stiff he had become, melting away with her confirmation that the bird was in fact, not a spy. I have never had an ally with a familiar. His focus remains on the bird, this time with less fire as he appreciated the new company among them. 

Ha, dashing. It slithered free from his maw, mocking not the woman but the irony he saw within her statement. Seeing it more so as a joke and playing along with its dark humor than anything else. Quickly brushing it off before delving into his own self-hatred and loathing. No, not now, this would be a good day. As she moved on too, he found a smile again, faint but it was present. It's the reason for my bath in the 'treacherously chilled waters of this lovely lake'. Words fluttered free, mocking her previous words playfully; his focus returned to her, those familiar deep eyes. They seemed warm. Just as you, I had gotten turned around in a bog. It's been hell finding my way back. From fights to tumbling down the side of a mountain - it was one shitty occurrence after another... Meeting you again has been the best thing before and after this journey.
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
aa i haven't had time to start that yet but im so excited to!

'are you not?'

her breath hitches, a glitch in the matrix as ears sweep low and she finds herself utterly nonplussed. fingers trail down her spine at the soft touch of his enquiry, yet egged on by his uttering they dig deep and cruel into any cracks they may come across and tug with enough force to tempt forth a gasp; stilled only by the remnants of an iron will before reaching the frigid air. tenebrous gaze catches hold of his starkly luminescent orbs, trepidation stroking the curves of her tensed figure; he really saw her didn't he? and yet he didn't appear repulsed in the slightest. it terrified her.

feathered ivory continued to dance throughout the air about the two and she cannot help but briefly marvel at how ethereal it appeared in its fleeting, transient moment of life from sky to earth before it was as trapped and damned as the rest of them. she gets it now, there was no chill to the water that roved restlessly about her limbs; it was in fact, welcomed in the numbness to crawl slowly through burning veins. yet must that mean he too suffered, and she did not just mean the wounds to scatter his body. "rosencrantz...she breathes, suddenly desperate to break the pressing silence. 

she wishes to speak, truly express the uncertainties and doubts that plagued her waking moments. the inability to sort what had awakened within her, the simple truth that was she was incapable of handling these new emotions to the point that they slowly poisoned her. yet there was no way to express that without sounding completely out of her mind, and that would not do because despite it all; she was in complete control of her brain, in fact it was all she could rely on. all she ever had. so; "i truly don't know sometimes but for the moment that's okay..we all got our shit right?a weak chuckle slips forth, haggard yet something akin to fondness usually reserved only for the raven above flickers briefly across ashen features. "....but, thank you, reallybecause no one had ever truly asked was she okay before.

inwardly shaking herself, she focuses back on the increasingly curious circling of her friend; soft smile playing daintily along blackened lips. "yea we kind of just..found each other and through a shared sense of cynical humour, we grew attached i guessa steadying inhale of the crisp air as ears lift to tilt towards the warrior at his snigger. a brow arches, smirk growing bolder. "i hope your mocking tone isn't trying to suggest i would lieinstinctively leaning closer whilst eyes glint with mischief "because i never liesmoothly whispered before leaning back once more to hear what else he had to say. 

brows furrow slightly as she listens, only to capture that flickering smile once more with the finishing words. what a charmer. coy smiles dances forth across seraphic features as eyes are rolled good-naturedly. "well it must've been quite the horrid experience if meeting me had to be the highlight of ityet eyes cannot help roaming his state with lingering concern.  "sounded quite eventful though...she muses, leaving it open for him to delve deeper into what happened if he so wished without directly pressing on it. already so close, her willowy frame tilting forward to get a better look at the scabbing wounds brings the proximity to the point of her warm breath stirring what fair hairs of his chest weren't completely slicked to his muscle. swallowing hastily; she pulls back, meeting his gaze wholly for a few long moments before murmuring "well after all your efforts i would hate for you to catch your death in this freezing lake nowbefore turning with a quick swing of her hips to slip back towards the bank with a panther-like gait.
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
It's pretty good! We binged the whole first season already lmao

Maybe it's the way she said it, or perhaps he was getting fond of hearing his name call from her lips - but something flickers within him as his name slips from her tongue. A form of life, a light that lifts him from the inside. It was a familiar feeling and it struck him with horror to recognize that same feeling. That same feeling that left him empty for so long, filled with rage and the belief that he was unworthy of anything than a dream. Was he capable of exposing himself again to such a thing? Could he? 

But one thing remained in question, she couldn't feel the same for a man like him; and just like that, the flickering flame was ignored. Doomed to die behind the iron walls that guarded his heart. We all stink, and everyone enjoys their own brand. Each and every one of them, just as she said, had their own shit. Some more exposed than others but none were clean of the stench - the young only stayed shit-free for so long but no one was immune. Rosencrantz liked to think he wreaked the most. 

Interesting. He heard of others who had gotten themselves familiars, a sort of symbiotic relationship as one parasite feeds off the other, using each other for either companionship or safety. Corvids were always a popular choice, and Rose was often on the other side of that team. Corvids were often a bad omen of things to come, a sign of war or trouble on the horizon - but it seems his view on them might change. Who knows, he might grow excited to see one approach thinking Tundra would be in tow. 

He grinned, unmoving as she leaned forward but instead continued to study every little detail of her face. Once she moved back, he leaned forward in turn, filling that space this time with his own presence. A lie? No. But I know when someone is being overly kind. He caught her smell once more in this distance, it was intoxicating, if he didn't pull back when he did the knight probably couldn't have stopped himself from closing that teasing distance. After all, with a mug like his, there's no chance in heaven or hell that he stood a chance.

Oh, but he couldn't help himself. You'd be the highlight of it even if it was a pleasant trip. His words only above a whisper, perhaps she could hear him or not after turning her back on him to head back onto dry land - and he, hopelessly trailing behind her as if he hadn't had enough of their meeting just yet. He caught himself hypnotized by the sway of her hips, but unless she looked back, he would indulge at the moment and watch. It was all he could do after all. I assume you've never had a polar dip. He continued, innocently enough despite his eye following every one of her movements. He was a man after all, with needs and desires... he was not above watching - though his eye would move away should she turn to face him again.

It was unwise to be caught after all.
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
a shiver, pleasant in nature as it lightly traces the fringes of her svelte frame at the touch of his complimentary whispers. so softly murmured that they could have all too easily been lost forever to the lapping motions of the lake but no, she'd caught them and she was glad. ears lean back slightly as smiles dance across her charcoal lips, unable to help the flicker of warmth in her chest for the sincerity was what hit her hardest. anyone could speak such a string of words but it took something else to exhale such soft tones, yet in this case what exactly did it mean? swallowing against a drying mouth, her sodden form reaches the pebbled bank and she hops free with a dainty spin on minute paws to face him as he presumably followed suit. 

a brow arches, perhaps glinting with bemusement at the way his eyes would dart up with a hastiness that could only lead one assume where they'd lingered previously. yet, had tundra been aiming for that exact reaction? was the sway of her hips as she snaked through waters intentionally put on? hot air pushes visibly from her snout as a nebulous gaze slowly traces the curves of his body only visible when fur clung slick to muscle, except there's no effort made to hide this unabashed marvelling. "no i haven'tis finally hummed in response to his earlier question only when eyes return to cradle his luminous orbs. "admittedly i do prefer the cold to the heat yet i feel no want to subject myself to excessive amounts of eithermouth still twitched upwards as amusement continues to flicker amongst shadowed depths. 

shivers prance freely about her body now as the cruel grasp of such chilled air takes advantage of her sopping pelt yet she appears immune to such a chill for within she tingles with a growing warmth. it stems from the tightening chest and prowls forth in its giddily buzzing motion so that only half of her shudders are a result of the cold. the other trembles to cradle her are a result of heat energy, growing to a point that she could barely contain its nature. salmon tongue snakes forth to slip quickly across pearly fangs as flighty steps carry her to stop only centimetres from him. eyes press forth, intense in their searching as she finally murmurs: "considering your first words to me were 'fight me' i've got to say you're quite a big ol' softie. i guess first impressions can be rather misleading...brows arch, teasing.
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
Sorry if it's not very good! still fighting sickness ;3;

She spins to face him, and though his gaze shifted from her behind onto the horizon around them, he continued to steadily pace forward. Water dripping from every inch of his body as it trailed along the ground behind him in a soft tapping against the freeze-dried soil. Just as he passes her his pace halted, a teasing grin splitting his maw before the base tones fluttered free from those pearly jaws of his. Shame. He shrugged. I could have warmed you up. He teased finally.

Catching a glimpse of her shudder, he chuckles deeply, a couple of short musical tones. Turning his face toward hers again he continues with his jest with a light tone. Although it seems the option could still be open. Wet, there was no way he could provide much warmth to Tundra right away, but he didn't feel such a thing. Nothing but a glowing warmth that radiated from within as his heart pounded strongly, steadily in his chest. The mere proximity of the two heated him from the inside out.

A softie? Perhaps she was right, to a certain extent. He had attacked a few unprovoked but had also protected others for no reason whatsoever. So who was he? Perhaps sometimes I could be. He didn't feel very soft right now should he be completely honest. Maybe he was peacocking around the pale woman, but he felt rigid as though trying to show off his muscles and height. As if to try and convey what a great specimen he was.

My father would be disappointed in me if he ever found out. Musing to himself he thought of to what the great Birserkir leader would think of his son now, being called soft by a woman of all things. Whatever it could be it didn't bother the paladin, the barbarian lifestyle was behind him for the most part, being left further and further behind as he aged.