Neverwinter Forest i’ll help your all
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
All Welcome 
NWF wolves plz

At the edge of the forest sat a boy with his bird, waiting... waiting. For days, weeks. Oh gods, had it been months?

Where was he? Where was that golden face that had grown all too familiar? Ah that face. Aside from his feathery companion it was the only thing that could bring him comfort. He was the only wolf that he truly felt safe around. Now he was gone.

This—this wasn't right! When he went somewhere, he'd usually come back within the same day. Well, the sun had rose and fell at least a dozen times since he'd left and there was still no sign oh him. Alarian where are you?

That night he sat by the borders of his new home (it really didn't feel like it), back straight and ears leaned forward. He'd come back someday, maybe tonight would be that time! Each time he heard the leaves rustle or the wind blow he'd shoot up with a smile and sink back down when he realized it was nothing.

Twig? he looked up at the branch where his little owl sat, Do you see him? Quiet hoots followed. Oh... guess not. Phillip slowly fell to the earth and rested his head on his paws.
and i'm wondering who could be writing this song?
209 Posts
Ooc — mercury
bless his heart, cam wasn't the most observant of wolves. though phillip had been within the forest for days now, it was only now that he came across the boy, looking morose. at first, he was just excited to see another child around his age. when he came closer, though, a jolt of recognition went through him.

it's you, he exclaimed softly, emerging from the shadows, his verdant eyes glowing. it was one of the elysium kids, the one with the little thing that had rested on his nose. cam remembered being jealous of the boy's ability to befriend such a tiny creature.

what was he doing here?!

where's your brother and sister? cam asked, unaware of the potential can of worms he had just opened. your mum and dad? had he gotten separated, just like reif, just like him? it seemed as though everyone from the willows was now scattered.
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Phillip shot up when a voice called out to him Alarian?! He spun around  with bright eyes and a hopeful smile. His dear guardian had returned, oh joy! Only it wasn't him, it was a stranger. A child. It was like looking in a mirror, save for his much more chipper attitude. All his features turned downwards once more 

The things he spoke of were unfamiliar, much like the things Aurewen had told him about just a month ago. Trying to understand made his head ache. I don't know what those are, he sighed . His eyes drifted to the ground and he displaced some dirt with his paw. Why does everyone keep telling me I'm from strange places w-with strange things. I just—I don't understand! His voice rose and cracked at the tail end. Now was certainly not the time to be questioning where he came from again; especially when Alarian wasn't here to help him.
209 Posts
Ooc — mercury
cam's face scrunched in confusion as the boy began to jabber on about not knowing. . .well, any of what he'd said. he hadn't the foggiest idea why. what was wrong with him? we lived in the willows together, cam informed the newcomer, ears flattening slightly. he had been so excited to find a friend, but. . .

don't you remember me? he asked, canting his head slightly to one side. there was some desolation in his voice; the farther he was away from home, the more removed he was from everyone he'd known, the more he was convinced that it all had been some sort of dream.

except mummy was dead. that was no dream—he'd stake his life on it.
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
There was that word again: willows. When Aurewen told him about it he could hardly believe it existed. And now another wolf was affirming such. Even still, it was hard to take his claim as the truth. Before the cave life did not exist, he was almost certain. But hearing the boy's bleak voice made him second guess himself. Maybe, just maybe, he hadn't always been Phillip.

I-I don't... I'm sorry. he paused, then added, The first thing I remember is being in a cave and I was really sick, but Alarian and Midar helped me and- The rambling took his breath away. He seemed so eager—desperate even— to tell the boy his story, the only one he knew. The one that was familiar. The stories strangers weaved for him were daunting to think about.
209 Posts
Ooc — mercury
again. . . what was wrong with him? how did the boy not remember? cam shook his head, absolutely beyond words. nothing explained this; it was as if elysium never existed, and his time with the boy and the snail had been only a dream.

but it wasn't! it hadn't been! how?!

dunno who they are, cam responded dully, frowning. sorry. you're from elysium—another forest. i met you when we were both younger. and that was all he had to say. if the dark-pelted child did not remember, it couldn't be helped. something obviously had gone awry.

but hadn't it gone awry with everything? elysium was gone, the willows were empty, and his family was missing (or dead). nothing had ended up for the better.
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
It can't be right, he whispered to himself. None of this was right. Up until this point he had such a simple story and he was fine with that for the most part. Now he was bombarded with this new information from all these strangers. Phillip was curious yet fearful. Dare he inquire further? It would surely lead him down a rabbit hole, one he wasn't sure he could handle. Still...

Someone told me that before. That I'm from this... Elysium. But I don't- I can't... goodnes, it's just so hard to comprehend. He let out a shaky sigh. What was I like when you saw me?
209 Posts
Ooc — mercury
cam was growing frustrated, both with the boy and with elysium. why had they just disappeared?! this whole thing might be solved if he could just take this wolf to the willows and show him everything. perhaps he'd remember.

i dunno, pretty much the same, he responded, mouth still twisted in a troubled frown. you liked little creatures. bugs and things. i thought you were very nice.

it was the most he'd ever elaborated on another soul before, and it took him aback. what other descriptions did he have in reserve? it only served to increase his irritation; never again would he be able to tell lana, ziggy, daddy, mummy, all the things that he liked about them. that he remembered.

i wish i could show you, cam sighed. but they're gone—elysium. i went back and checked.
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
The description wasn't anything new to him, or most of it wasn't at least. Twig was a little creature and he loved her! But bugs well, he couldn't say he didn't like bugs. They weren't bothering him or vice versa so he payed no mind. Phillip was nice too, at least he tried to be. No one he met seemed to hate him, well, other than Midar.

A dumbfounded look crossed his face when the boy mentioned Elysium was gone. Just weeks before it seemed this place was full of mythical things and faces. And now it was gone, just like that? How? What happened?
209 Posts
Ooc — mercury
cam shrugged, looking a little irritated. if he knew, wouldn't he say so? dunno. they were just gone. i was away when it happened. and he would regret it for the very rest of his life. . .but the other boy didn't need to know that.

i'm cam, he sighed, figuring that he might as well introduce himself, since—well, he wasn't sure if he'd ever introduced himself in the first place, really. what was the other youth's name? maybe proper introductions had never been made. cam hadn't been very good at those (still wasn't, but improving).

his brows raised. have you met mal? cam asked. he could tell you more about elysium. nothing good, he recalled, but at least mal had a familiarity he couldn't quite offer.
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Again he was left to wonder if this place existed in the first place. One moment it was there, gone the next. The only way he'd know if it were truly there was if he saw it for himself. That was something he wasn't sure he wished to do yet.

It's nice to meet you Cam. Despite the anxiety that sat in his gut, he managed to work up a smile. I'm Phillip.

As for this Mal, he had no clue who he was. The boy shook his head and commented, It seems like everyone around here knows what Elysium is. Except me.