Hoshor Plains Open Your Eyes
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Private 

Weeks, perhaps even months now had passed since the pack resettled in the plains. Thanks to everyone's hard work the borders were now strong enough that there was no denying Kaistleoki's presence and that provided some relief to the constable's troubled mind. Her leg still had aches or pains, but Speedy's treatments were working and she found herself able to put some weight on her hind leg after the weeks of restless healing. Ira would take it though, she was glad to be able to provide once more, even if her contributions were small. Kaistleoki would be strong again.

The Count was a different story...it seemed that while she healed Evergreen's recovery would be much more complicated if there was even room for him to fully recover. She wanted to hope, but with how much time had passed, the roan woman knew she had to be realistic if he would not. Stretching her leg, Ira made her way through the plains until the bear-like figure came into view, a light chuff announcing her presence as she grew near. Evergreen.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Kaistleoki is the people. That is what should matter. Eve constantly reminds himself that their settling in the Plains is a temporary move to ensure their survival. Yet, the bearish Count nonetheless finds himself conflicted. During the beginning of their transition, he’d forgotten where they were numerous times. His lapses in memory grew greater, and although his physical pains were starting to wane, he’s never been quite himself since.

His mismatched eyes stare onwards, at nothing particularly. He doesn’t notice the roan Constable’s approach, nor hear her beckoning for him… until he shifts his head a little and catches her figure in the corner of his vision. His round ears stand alert while his shoulders jump upwards briefly in surprise. Iraaa, he greets, whe-uhnn you get here?
Working on wrapping up current threads!
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira stands for only a moment before Evergreen actually turns, although it's clear that it wasn't her call that gained his attention. The constable furrowed her brows with concern, shouldn't he have heard her approach? Or at the very least maybe smell her, but that was precisely why she had sought out the bear. She sighed taking a seat, her eyes drifting out towards the woods.

Only a moment ago. Do you have a minute to talk?
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
A heaviness fills the air, and Eve furrows his eyebrows until the motion pings his head too much. He eases the tension in his muscles, or at least, tries to. Alas, the bearish Count takes a seat, mirror the motion of his Constable.

Instead of using words, he nods. He always has time now, especially for Ira and Kaistleoki in general. The pack comes first.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The bearish man sat giving a short nod. It was enough for her to continue, Ira was aware of the man's difficulty communicating lately. After all, that was just another reason why she had sought him out. I think we need to reconsider the structure of Kaistleoki. After the quakes, we lost half our numbers and the pack is barely holding together. They lost both their leaders and we still have no idea when you will recover... If he will recover. She didn't dare say that. She had seen how losing his eye affected him and she'd rather drown herself before she gave up on him.

The truth was they needed strong leadership to rebound. The roan woman's gaze softened as she tried to find a softer approach to the harsh words she had to say. It's ok to take some time without the pressure of leading.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
His mind whirls, spinning at the implications.

Ira is his friend foremost, he knows she is being gentle with him yet her truths nonetheless sting the sensitivity of the bear. Round ears stand forth, grasping each word he hears and yet, the flicker away moments later, as if it is a falsity that he sinks in.

Wha- He starts, his head pounds and his teeth click back together. He swallows. I… Failed them. Each one who’s gone from Kaistleoki, he’s failed them in some way. The grip he has over his emotions is weak. In the end, he drowns in them the same way the River flooded.

He sucks in a breath. You… You’re right.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The realization was clear on the Count's face. It hurt her to even suggest it, this is everything the bear had worked towards and now she was telling him to leave it to someone else. In all honesty, she was expecting him to fight her on the subject...but this just showed how much it needed to be done. You can always step back up later, Evergreen... Perhaps he would overcome his struggles just as he had when he lost his eye.

You know I won't let your work be for nothing. The Constable stepped forward to press her nose lightly into the man's shoulder. He had always been there to comfort her, even after everything. It was only fair that she lingered a moment longer to try and repay him.