Silver Creek quiet night
time falls like moonlight
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 
It had been long, since she went to a path of uncertainty, a graduate yearling to a beautiful Maiden, Miriam had grown. She had made her way back to the wolves many moons ago, but her heart never felt within the Orchid as it did with the rest.. She had enjoyed the fulfillment that the travels had given her, and said her dearly departing to the others, as it was official- she did not want to go back. May the Lady Goddess always be within her, but she will not return to the home, where her heart throbs to part, but her spirit desires differently.

She felt enlightened, and sorrowfull, but it was a change she knew, that the Lady had given her. It has been a full year and more, since she had aged another year, and another winter to embrace. Though a winter alone, as she skulks through the white woods, a wisp of a spirit through the snowy terrian, she ventured forth.

Oaks and maples stood tall among her, she gave a look with her star-eyes and looked in wonder at the unfamiliaity. She thought her waywards compass led toward the previous beach, but the fresh river said otherwise compared to the previous salty sea. Shimmering she felt allured by the short waterfalls and pools within this creek that it faintly reminded her of the Orchid's, but she shook at the thought, attempting to avoid those heartfelt nostalgia. For she made her souls choice, her heart may argue. Though she could feel herself soothe to the idea, and felt captured staring within the waters, looking back at the lilac wolf against the white sky. A creek of a name she did not know, but a beautiful place it was.
35 Posts
Ooc — Flyleaf
Away
Dakota trots through the thicket of these tall trees, gazing around, attention caught by the beauty and serenity of this new place he’s wondered into. Still in search of his long, lost paradise his paws refuse to let him stop moving, too eager to find it; no matter how long it takes him. 

He drifts to the edge of the river, looking to take a drink of the ice cold water just about as clear as glass. He trots lazily over, his muscled body flexing as he lowers himself to drink from the river. Once his thirst is quenched his honeyed eyes look just past the thinnest area of the river just a few meters away. He smiles to himself and squints his eyes. He thinks he can jump it. Now that he’s set his mind to it, he’d make himself do it.

A pep in his step he gallops several meters back, stretching his body with that same devilish smile littering his muzzle. Being a sled dog his whole life has conditioned his body in a way a wolf or dog in the wild wouldn’t be able to compare to. While most wolves are big and slow, he’s blessed with being quite large and rather fast for his size. So without further ado, he shoots himself towards the edge of the river. Dakota’s front paws leave the ground and his well muscled, thick back legs launch him into the air.

He’s basically flying while he’s in the air and lands roughly, almost skidding and falling on his tailless ass, he just hardly catches himself on the landing. He laughs cockily, at the small feat and just as he spins around to head further up the river he sees, just by the small flowing waterfalls, a wolf. His smile fades into a tight line and he’s intrigued.

As a sled dog he’s seen wolves. He’s fought wolves to protect his pack before. After all he was the only dog of the team who was part wolf, he still considered his dog pack his family rather then the stranger wolves that would hang around to stalk them in the night during their travels.

Dakota’s ears perk up and face towards the beautiful silver wolf. It’s coat is one he’s never seen before and it stuns him for a few seconds. He can’t even smell whether it’s a male or female so he takes his shot. Trotting over like he owns the place, he makes his presence known with a loud clearing of his throat and a smirk littering his face. 

“How are you?” He asks voice full of confidence. trying to alert them that he’s coming so he doesn’t surprise them.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
A wild entrance she thought, as the other barged within giving a wild jump across to her side. A tailess wolf, she originally thought, before Miriam's wisps were to get a clearer image to what he really was- a dog. Though she held no ill-intent toward them, nor' felt a disgust to the other canine breed. She remembered her Orchid had taken in a few some, and it wouldn't be a surprise if a few of her ancestors were of the dog-kind, tracing within her blood as well. None had appeared as a trait, so she could never be sure if the fleeting thought could be true. 

"Hello," the lilac wolf greeted, a dip of the head before responding, "I am doing well, how are you?" A friendly one, as most would cower in fear toward the wolves- she held respect for him.
35 Posts
Ooc — Flyleaf
Away
His face perks up, it’s nice to meet friendly wolves. “Well, if you must know, I’m doing quite fine.” He smirks as he drawls casually.

Truthfully, since he’s begun his journey, he hasn’t come across one too friendly yet. Though he can see the different way this wolf carries herself. She actually seems to have manners; now, where Dakota lacks manners he still makes up for in kindness. He’s a gentle soul until he doesn’t have to be.

Dokata tilts his head, looking at her bluish coat and marveling at the color. His honey eyes make contact with her own. “You are pure wolf, yes?” He asks with a light smile. “I mean no insult by that, your coat is just something I’ve never seen on a wolf before. It’s beautiful.” He comments walking casually along the side of the river.

He gazes back towards her and plops the plume of his butt onto the bank. “Are you with a pack?” He asks, he can’t smell any other wolves on her; or let alone smell at all. “Are there a lot of wolves around these parts?”
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"I would think so, yes." If the Goddess said so, then so she was- but she would never be certain if it remain true. Though like the other had mentioned, a lavender pelt, so unlike an average wolf would hold within their many colors, but not one that still remains afloat to the group. She was one of the many, to hold the lilacs along with a snow-white gaze, who smiled warmly at the other, "Thank you." A compliment she accepted, but an internal flush came to be, an embarassment for a compliment was one not thrown easily toward Miriam, "you have a unique pelt." One a wolf such as herself, would rarely have, a beautiful chocolate and honey, a sweetful combination.

"I am not, but many of my kind are around." She only knew very few, but far too many then the normalacy forests contain. A paradise for them- but not for the others that shared the land, "it is rare to see a dog deep within forests, are you alone as well?" They preferred their own groups, but a safe distance from wolven lands, definitely not too deep where they would make their territory. Most hated the dog-kind, for a lesser blood some shared whispers, but it was a sadden racism, for Miriam knew all were the same tree, but yet another branch.
35 Posts
Ooc — Flyleaf
Away
“Ah.” He sounds in acknowledgement as she replies to her being full wolf and he does a smooth smile of his own when she thanks him for the compliment. He stands, doing a lazy spin and smirks, showing his rather large canines. “I appreciate it.” He says, obnoxiously displaying his coat. “My mother used to say that I was a dog in wolf’s clothing.” He laughs at the memory. 

Then he nods as he listens to her explain that there are many wolves in the area and he shrugs to her next comment. “I’m alone physically; mentally I carry the thoughts of my pack.” He says with the voice of a rather wise old man, very different from his usual bouncy personality.

Dakota perks up and furrows his brows. “I am looking for a certain paradise though. A place I can lead my pack where they’d be safe.” His gaze becomes intense gazing out into the forest just beyond Miriam’s shoulder. “Somewhere they will always have their bellies full, a paradise where everything’s perfect.”

“I know it exists somewhere. Just gotta find it you know?” He sighs finally, tension leaving his shoulders. “Think you might know where it’d be? I’ve been looking for a damn long time.” He laughs. Not even realizing that to most the idea of Paradise doesn’t even exist.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
She chuckled softly, "a suiting saying," accurate for the dog before her. He was unafraid despite Miriam being a wolf, as many would cower, or result into violence due to the fear that the wolves create, and she understood why. They were predators, who did not enjoy another within their lands, even their own kind they shun if entering the realm. 

He was a leader, she thought, who cared for his pack. He wanted his own Summerlands, "This place is brimming of life, magic runs through it's veins." Life spoke to Miriam, and told of it's many tales. Though hardships might be, it was full of many different kinds, wolves and elks, cats and dogs, all were around. While chaotic, but with harmony, "in the North," she started, "is a beautiful sea, a place of desire." Where she would enjoy to step back to, the beautiful blue waves and the salty air. A glorious sight she had never seen, that surely he too, would know.

"I am Miriam, Miriam Iris Willows, it is a pleasure to meet you." She remembered, the Maiden never introduced herself.
35 Posts
Ooc — Flyleaf
Away
His large ears face towards her and his honey gaze is soft as he listens to the wolf speak of this place up north. Where the sea flows and the land before him is full with life. Surely full of other creatures trying to find their own paradise.

Dakota gives a smile as she then introduces herself. That’s right, He thinks to himself. We never proberly introduces ourselves. He laughs internally.

“Very nice name, Miss.” He compliments smoothly. “I’m Dakota Tikaani of Holy Cross.” He introduces politely with a dip of his shoulders and head he bows briefly.

Then embarrassingly so, his belly rumbles. He smiles awkwardly and chuckles. “You wouldn’t be able to point me int he direction of food would you?” He tilts his head, ears lying back on his neck. “It’s hard out here not being able to smell haha. It’s lead me to be a damn good tracker though.”
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"Holy cross?" She questioningly spoke outloud, not hearing such a name before, "I am from the Orchid," was her immediate reply to him. She was a maiden from them, while their religion had no name to speak of, they simply called themselves The Orchid. Perhaps he was an associate of them, as she remembered being young, they would communicate with other groups, be it of foxes and dogs, to other wolves, a trust between nearby groups was important. It would be exciting, if this wolf was one from nearby. Though a slight flush from the compliment, upon realizing what he had said, for she was too caught up in thinking he was from somewhere she possibly knew, "thank you," Miriam whispered ever so softly.

"Ah," she thought, "I'm afraid I am new to this area," Miriam admitted, "I do not know much of the prey around, besides the fish by the river." She said with remorse, as she felt guilty to not be able to point to the right direction. Even with the mention of fish, she thought, winter had fallen, and they would be deep within, barly avaliable to catch. She was sad to say; she knew nothing.
35 Posts
Ooc — Flyleaf
Away
Dakota grins, white canines on display. “Holy Cross is the place I was born.” He says to help her where she was confused.

“That’s unfortunate.” He then says at her comment of not knowing where any prey would be. “That makes two of us then.” He laughs.

Jumping atop a nearby rock just a bit bigger than he, Dakota gazes around to hopefully spot any prey nearby. His eyes scan the landscape and they land on a rather large jack rabbit in the distance. A devilish grin appearing across his maw. His honey eyes slide back to this she-wolf.

“There’s a hare just over there. Looking to go hunting, Miriam?” He asks. “I’m sure you’re quite the huntress being a wolf and all.” He comments to her.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"Overtime, the land will be mapped." Miriam had her heart set; discover everything, and everywhere. The time where to settle down, was far away, for she was still young and thriving, and had a selfish goal, that the Goddess had let her venture. The signs were clear, to follow her heart and go out; even if her sisters and mothers, as well as Amma did not want, she had to. They never expressed it outwardly, but she knew, they didn't want her to leave, but she so desired to see the world, "I hope to see for all it's worth."

A small smile of pity, "it'd be a pleasure, but I cannot guarantee a success." While it was true she a wolf, Miriam wasn't horrible, but nor' was she the best.. Average, to say the least for the lilac wolf.
35 Posts
Ooc — Flyleaf
Away
The mutt grins and darts off in the direction he saw the hare go, silence and stealth be damned, there he goes bolting off like he’s in a race. The white hare catches his eye and his tongue hangs from the side of his maw. Taking long quick strides with his powerful, muscled body he seems to be catching up. He only glances over to smirk at the beautifully coated wolf for a split second, perhaps to encourage her to let out her more wild side.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
He ran like the hare he chased, and it took the maiden a few moments to realize what had happened before getting up to follow along. She had the confidence within her stamina for the long travels she has had over the time of being around. Miriam felt at ease, even as he smirked toward her, she was to keep up.

Though were they running at this point, or hunting? She wasn't sure but was enjoying the ride.
35 Posts
Ooc — Flyleaf
Away
I am soooo sorry for such a late reply! I’m on a work related trip and it’s basically 24 hours so it takes up a a lot of my time. Imma do better!

His paws thump against the ground and he slides into a turn he makes when the rabbit spins around a tree. His eyes looks to her, excitement clear within them. “He’s coming that way, don’t miss him!” He yells to her, maw stretched into a panting, open-mouthed grin.

Of course he continues chasing it but the rabbit goes in a z shape pattern that has him skidding across the snow. He’s fitfully struggling to keep his footing and at an alarming speed, he’s rolling on his back and sliding through the snow. His hind paws flipping in the air as he comically splays himself on the ground in an embarrassing attempt at a sharp turn. Snow coats him and there’s skid marks in the snow around him as he lies there on his back panting, all four legs splayed in the air.

“Damn...” He breathes, trying to catch his breath. “Guess I overshot that one, huh?” He laughs in earnest tilting his head upside down to stare at her from a distance.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
you good!!
rolled for a successful hunt

Even though some animals may differ, there was one that all carnivores can do in peace; a chase of a hunt. Even herself, a maiden of the Gods, felt her spirit lighten but the chasing and the venturing off to catch the foe, "Thank you for this life, may you rest in the Summerlands," but even so, she would be taking a life. A silent prayer, to the one she would take.

She didn't realize her companion skid across the snow, as she was focused on the rabbit. A ghost of the night, she felt at ease with running, Miriam graced herself with a steady pace to catch the one. A motion toward the left, she knew where it was to go once the z-shaped pattern was to an end. It would try to preform another, but she had the nature of a wolf, and knew the fellow well. A study of nature itself, she could preform tasks of hunt with an ease. Her speed was a confidence, and grabbed the rabbit by it's neck, before slowing down.

A crack, and a silent prayer.

"Are you alright?" Miriam dropped the dead hare on the ground, and padded toward him in a worry. She didn't see what had happened, but he was on his back, panting like a wild man. She wondered if he banged his head..
35 Posts
Ooc — Flyleaf
Away
He watches from his sprawled out position on the snow as the she-wolf expertly takes a hold of their prey. He notices the reverence she gives to the rabbit as she silently and as gently as possible kills the other animal. Then finally her eyes land on him in a concerned expression. He laughs and his honey eyes land on her as he begins rolling over to get in his feet.

“I’m fine, I’m fine!” He chuckles. “I appreciate it. Look at you go, got him real fast too!” He exclaims trotting over to meet her halfway. “I can see the wolf in you.” He jokes, giving her a winning smile. 

He begins going over to their shared meal, grabbing it by the mid section and giving it a vigorous shake. The rabbit splits as evenly as it could. Blood coats the snow and entrails decorate the scenery. Blood splattered on his muzzle and chest, he merrily brings half of the kill to his new companion with a dazzling smile and drops it before her feet before digging into his own.