Emberwood I don't mind the thorns
174 Posts
Ooc — Jay
All Welcome 
Anyone from the pack is welcome

Each day that went by she felt the urge to explore somewhere new growing. The desire to sneak off and take a risk in pissing off her dad grew bigger and bigger until the decision was made. Lainie walked the borders slowly, rubbing against trees to leave her scent upon the borders, more often than not she marked somewhere close to her father's scent out of habit. Inside her mind she thought  about how she had survived the landslide, the one that Zephyr and Papa had to rescue her from. She wondered at the chances that her family had survived and if they had if they were missing her too. Did Papa ever hope that they lived? It felt wrong that she had not yet taken a look herself, that she had not gone out to look for Polaris and Maman. Her tail drooped and she paused, turning wistfully to walk away from the pack and hesitating. What if she was dumb and got herself into trouble again? Papa would never let her escape again if that happened. Ears flattening back she sighed with frustration and pawed at the dirt turning and shuffling back down the borders as she mused over the choices.
"Love life" may be a rather grandiose term for staring at women on the bus
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
The girl reminded him of what his and Bhediya's children may look like, which drew him to her immediately. He watched her pace for a while, standing a ways away, his pale fur utterly conspicuous in the dull brown and patchy snow of the wintery Emberwood. Out in the open, he could conceal himself, but within the trees. . .

What's on yer mind, lassie? Pygmalion asked, padding toward her with an amiable chuff. He paused a few paces from the girl, head cocked. Ye look as if ye're aboot tae take on an entire herd o' moose yerself. 

He wouldn't doubt that she had it in her. But he wanted to know more. Who was this? Why was she here? Were her parents, too? Oh, God, was she another one of Bhediya's kids? How many children did she have?! His thought process spiraled quickly, and it took some effort to rein it in as he waited for the girl's response.
As of January 18, this wolf is in the final stages of the rabies virus. Violent interactions are at your own risk.
174 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Startled she turned quickly and glared at him, stumbling as she struggled to maintain her balance with the tremors and twitching in her limbs. Lainie did not recognize the man but she also hadn't done much to meet anyone in the pack besides Ibis and Bhediya. He was kind enough and apparently had noticed the funk she had found herself in, asking her about it with a cheery enough tone that she found herself relaxing in his presence "I wish I could" she said and then looked off toward the outside of the pack again wistfully "I miss exploring but my father doesn't want me off on my own" she said frowning as she intentionally left out the reason why he didn't want her roaming.
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
In attitude, she kind of reminded him of Lolita. Spunky. It warmed him even further to the girl, and his muzzle curved in a soft smile. Och, yer faither means weel, he replied, though gently enough to let her know he wasn't chiding her. I understand bein' restless, though. It's hard to be cooped up in one place.

He took in her dark appearance, her silver-ringed eyes. Yer faither's here, then? What's his name? Perhaps not one of Bhediya's children, then, seeing as if she was accompanied by at least one parent. Still, he remained on-edge, a sensation that would not fade until the girl gave a name.

And even then, it didn't answer every question.
As of January 18, this wolf is in the final stages of the rabies virus. Violent interactions are at your own risk.
174 Posts
Ooc — Jay
His demeanor was charming, for the only older male presences she had known were her father who lately had been so stoic. Lainie wagged slowly and flashed him a wary smile ears perking before he began to stick up for her dad again. She frowned and sighed shaking her head "I made a mistake and got hurt and now he wants me around always and has everyone protecting me. How am I supposed to ever prove myself when I can't go out? I can't train my body to get any better either" she didn't mean to sound whiny and her tone was rather blunt and just bitter than bitchy though she dropped her gaze guilting anyway. "His name is Kavik. He is a great father and Bhediya already said that she would take me out" she said not realizing that he may not know the women's name. She had known most everyone back home at least by hearing their name in passing. She began to walk slowly hoping he would follow, her tail swaying back and forth at ease behind her as she waited for him to reply unsure what to say that wouldn't make her feel or seem worse.
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Pygmalion listened to this speech with a patient expression, nodding intermittently. His father had been quite strict, keeping the youngsters under tight wraps—especially the ones he deemed most vulnerable. Which, funnily enough, had been the girls.

Lolita would understand this young lady's plight quite well, yes. . .

Ye'll have plenty o' time to get oot there, Pyg responded warmly, tagging along as she began to walk. But it's good Bhediya wants tae take ye scouting—she's my mate, and she's verra smart. Never mind his trepidation of Bhediya, not at all a bodyguard, accompanying the girl away from the Emberwood. That was beside the point. For now.

He cocked his head, glancing down at her. I'm Pygmalion, but ye can call me Pyg. What's yer name, lassie?
174 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Age appropriately Lainie pouted a bit though she softened slowly as she knew he was right. She couldn't rush out alone anymore, the last time she had nearly gotten herself and Zephyr killed. A pang of sorrow struck her quite suddenly as she realized just how troublesome she had been for her family and now they were gone. She only had her father and Zephyr whenever he popped up. 

Lainie was silent as he spoke though the more he did, the more that she was drawn from her sadness and focusing on what he said. Bhediya was his mate, she remembered that word, that Maman and her mother were Papa's mates. She gave him a curious glance her tail wagging as he introduced himself and with a smile she did the same "Nice to meet you Pyg. I'm Lainie." she paused and stopped to scratch an itch on her flank against a tree trunk "What is a mate?" She asked as she pulled away from the tree and started off again, her gait lively and for once free of any trembles or spasms.
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Verra nice tae meet ye, lass, Pyg rumbled warmly, smiling. Her question brought his grin even further light, and he paused for a moment to ponder the right words. A mate is someone ye love verra much, aye? Someone ye care aboot more than anyone else. Someone ye want tae have children with.

He opened his mouth, about to add something about her father and mother—but realized she hadn't mentioned a mother. Was she half-orphaned, then? Or—

stop. Don't think it.

Instead, he let his good nature override the dark thoughts, relaxing into his smile. What sort of training do ye want to do? Hunting, fighting? I may be able tae help ye wi' some o' that, Pyg said, his voice sincere. It had been a while since he'd mentored a youngster; it would be good practice for his upcoming litter.
174 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Her gaze focused on him with a thoughtful expression as she pondered over the explanation. She didnt know how two wolves had children but it wasn't something she figured she needed to know anyway since she was a kid herself. She nodded slowly to show that she understood and continued walking perking up as he asked about her interests and offered help. "Fighting really because with my...injuries I would ruin a hunt" she said averting her gaze and trying to hide her embarrassment.