Gyrfalcon's Keep You say the hill's too steep to climb
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
All Welcome 
She had one on the mountain with her.  With @Enkhtuya promised and recruiting as well, Kiwi felt optimistic about her plan for the first time in months it felt.  Not having Yami here had been a bigger bummer than she'd wanted to let on, even to herself, so the company of even one other wolf made things infinitely better.  She'd return more frequently to the mountain now to ensure that nothing set on it and that any who came would meet her presently.

Today she was doing her own part in the efforts.  The coast was ravaged if any packs but that did not mean all of the hearty had left.  In fact, it meant the chances of running across the strong were better, and that those she found would have no place to return to either.  She had little interest in speaking with those already pledged; she found it was rare to turn them.

Kiwi scaled the ridge before her and then glanced back, scanning the shore.  This place was not bad either; defensible and teeming with trees.  Another option should the peak prove to be untenable.

tag for reference <3
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
81 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
I think I took some liberties with the description of the mountain or whatever this territory is. It's a place where a bunch of gyrfalcons have nests so I imagine it's nasty and covered in bird poop.

The coastline had been ravaged, that was clear to Strand. She wondered when such an event had occurred. Had it happened because she had left? She smirked at the thought, her pale golden eyes taking in her surroundings. Perhaps the sea that had swallowed her once had grown angry that she had dared leave it. What was it to eat now? Well… it had chosen the entire coast, it looked like. “A jealous lover, then?” she asked mockingly as she walked along, chuckling at her own remark.

But overhead, the sound of birds was beginning to drive her nuts. These were not the calls of seagulls. These were different birds entirely. And the smell of bird shit was strong on the wind. She looked ahead of herself, wrinkling her snout as the smell grew stronger. She stopped in her tracks, spotting a red shape up ahead. A wolf. A wolf here, on her coastline. Well. Normally she’d be angry at such a breach of her territory (because Strand is stupid and believes she owns the entire coastline ok), but she couldn’t muster the territorial rage for a place like this. The red woman could have this stupid bird’s nest if she wanted it. Still…

“Oi!” she yelled, not wanting to get any closer to the place. “What’re you doin’ over there? You like standin’ in bird shit or what?”
*Posts will be short (~100 words or less)
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Kiwi was a short ways up when some random wolf yelled out to her from below.  Her ears pinned at the tone and the obvious lack of respect; this wolf clearly needed some manners taught.  Was it even worth deigning to respond.

She deliberated a moment, then smirked.  Looking for eggs.  You too stupid to know what hunting looks like?  She called back sweetly over her shoulder, then kept pressing on.  Ugh.  As she did, she kept an eye on the sky beside her.  Not too much longer and the parents would begin to take offense.
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3