Whitebark Stream prepare the platter
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Private 
the presence of evil had corrupted their home and so empyrea was made to leave. the uninjured and able were commanded onward; with all paws to the ground, it was a two-day journey. bhediya did not stop to alert any of her once allies, nor did she alert her foes. they moved without interruption until reaching the bordered stream.

she asked for privacy — please, the first word she'd uttered since their departure. looking over each shoulder to ensure that all had left, she called for @Dawn and waited patiently for her answer.

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she comes swiftly at Bhediya's howl, having almost forgotten about her offer with all the events of day's past. but the sound of her voice reminded her at once, and so she closes the distance between herself and the minute woman within minutes, arriving at the border's edge to find her there, visibly travelworn, the scent of other's intermingled here and yet notably absent. 

"bhediya," she greets, looking her over and glancing once over the woman's head, to ensure she was alone. "what happened?"
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
oh!, how bhediya wanted to collapse. she was humiliated and ashamed, and although she doubted that dawn would know any judgement, presenting herself to the possibility made her stomach turn. still, she tired to maintain a professional gaze betrayed only by the slight furrow of her brow.

she drew in a deep breath and shook her head. pygmalion, bhe said, her voice callous as it rolled over the curse, he's not a concern of mine anymore. whatever had happened at the lair, she didn't wanted to forget. whether he lived on this plane or had met his fate, he had died to her and that was enough.

i have a decent-sized group with me. does your offer still stand? she waited for dawn's response, hoping that it would be quick; bhediya did not know how long she could maintain her composure.

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she offers the reason; she'd been right, then, he had posed a threat; and evidently done her, or rather them, harm. her next statement is cryptic, her brow furrows a moment. "he's dead?" she confirms, for she seems entirely convinced of it. 

her next question is somewhat unexpected, though not entirely surprising. she hesitates only a moment; having vetted all the wolves she has with her now and knowing nothing of bhediya's group. but she trusts the woman enough not to have a lunatic among her own, and more bodies to fill their ranks, with winter and the coming season, is an obvious benefit. she dips her head then, sensing that bhediya is not as put-together as she attempts to seem, deciding to put off more detailed conversation until later. "our borders are open to you and yours," she confirms, gesturing over her shoulder. she has further questions, but has the sense to know that now isn't the time.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
yeah, bhediya replied; he was dead enough. she heaved a sigh of relief upon hearing that the offer still stood, but found her breath hitched again soon thereafter. dawn did not know that she was pregnant. it didn't seem like an important detail because before, they hadn't been officiating a merger. at their last meeting, bhe wasn't even sure that she was pregnant but there was no denying it anymore.

how would she go about bringing this up? she didn't have the best reputation as a parent, and knew for a fact that dawn still held that over her head. still, it was important that she tell the truth. before you agree, she said, biting at the inside of her cheek, i have to be honest. i'm going to whelp this season, and probably sometime soon. she doubted that the wait would last beyond early spring.

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she hesitates, stiffening a moment as bhediya begins to speak. perhaps she does have a lunatic among her numbers, or—she's pregnant. she blinks, surprise flitting over her features before she can stop it, mind working. she can not deny the possessiveness; this is her place, and she will raise children here. but she had given her word, and after a moment her features settle as she comes to a decision. 

"you can raise your children here," she decrees, "with your numbers and mine, the ranks should be able to support them." but should that change—well, those details could be hammered out latter. and she'd meant what she'd said, earlier; despite everything, khoe was still family.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
bhediya sensed dawn's apprehension in the momentary pause but thought nothing of it after a second assurance. thank you, she replied. for her children, this was a new start; bhediya was too old to have one of her own, but that was fine. this was an opportunity for the younger wolves and she was proud of them for claiming it. she howled for the others to gather but did not wait before continuing. can i come in?

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
the huntress dips her muzzle, stepping aside. "follow me. I'll show you the cache, and where you can make your dens," she offers, gaze skipping over bhediya's wolves as they arrive. she's got a fair number; the leader will have to meet with each of them, eventually. she hardly likes the idea of any member of her group remaining strangers long. 

together, the group head into the territory, huntress speaking softly with bhediya as they go.