Northstar Vale break up with her
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Private 

Today Star worked to fill the caches. The sun was close to the horizon, setting, as she dragged the last bit of prey in. Nothing particularly large- a rabbit here, a bird there- and large game to be seen nowhere. The famine had taken its toll on the lands and the old woman wondered if she would even see an elk again before her life's closing. She certainly hoped they would return soon- it would make the Mavroimë's job easier.

After the last bit had been stored away, the woman headed into the very core of the Vale, intending to take a short walk before making her way to bed. Only way to keep those old muscles in shape was exercise.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
tag for reference.

melkor spent majority of the day patrolling; fortifying borders — not that they truly needed it. they were well patrolled, well guarded ...but old habits refused to be broken and as master warrior he feels a deep rooted obligation to assist in maintaining them. as the suns descent grows ever nearer to the horizon and the sky darkens with the vibrantly painted colors of dusk melkor heads inland of the vale. he considers heading straight to @Andraste but worries that her monarchy duties may not yet be wrapped up and instead makes his way towards a cache in the hopes of scrounging something up to quiet the ever present hunger in his stomach.

it was on his way that a familiar ivory figure comes into view. the matron, he recognizes. for a moment, the tundrian considers avoiding her all together: her interruption fresh in his mind. however, he doesn't; greeting her with a soft chuff instead.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
A soft chuff interrupted her and she turned to see who it may be. There was the man from the other day- large and smokey and generally intimidating. The faintest hint of Andraste still lingered on his coat, and she wondered if they'd seen eachother again. If this man was going to become a staple in the lives of the Court- then she ought to form a comfortable relationship with him. Star still worried that he would make an enemy of her now, for disturbing the lovers. But considering his chuff of greeting, the old woman figured maybe he'd forgiven her after all. 

For a moment she debates over whether to bring it up, finding it still awkward for her to discuss. But finally she settles upon a greeting of- "Hey. Sorry about the other day... I hope we can get along though. I'm Star, mavroimë." She introduces straightforwardly, hoping he would do the same. Secretly hoping he wasn't a riddle-talker like Andraste, though she respected the queen so.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
melkor watches as the matron turns to face him; facing in turn her apology without shame or flinching. after all, they are both adults and as far as melkor was concerned nothing to be embarrassed either. he might've been annoyed at the time but that came and went like the ebbing of the high tide. he does not blush ( if wolves could do such a thing ) as a teenager caught mid-act by a parental figure. of course, melkor responds; to both her apology as a non-verbose way of accepting it and to the terms of them getting along.

melkor, he offers her his own name. valitúrë. spoken only as sparse afterthought and only offered because she has given her own rank. still not entirely familiar with the workings of courtfall's rank system he isn't sure where these ranks stand in the hierarchy.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
gives u my 400th post <3

Not what she expected- the large, intimidating man forgave her immediately, agreeing that they could still form a comfortable relationship. Already she felt warmth towards him growing. Andraste had made a good choice, she believed- a strong man with a good heart and perhaps something of a handsome face. Once upon a time she would've liked someone like that, but those days were behind her. 

He introduces himsef as Melkor- the valitúre. Admittedly Star had no idea what most of the ranks meant. She knew a few here and there but that was it. And yet, she would not bother to ask exactly what it entailed- perhaps she would learn in due time. "Pleasure to meet you, Melkor. What brought you to the Court?" She wonders, part of her secretly wanting to know the story of her leader and the man.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
ooh, congrats!! <3

with bygones forgiven the pair, matron and warrior seek to move past it as she inquires, naturally, what brings him to the court. after running for so long i believe it's past time i plant roots, melkor tells her sincerely. his life has been nothing but running from pack to pack and past the wilds only to return time and again. a message, he thinks, to tell him that his future lay here. and andraste. i've known her for a long time, he admits to the matron. i respect her and admire her. among other things but he doesn't particularly feel like indulging in the private matters of their relationship which tumultuous as it's been might've always flirted with the borders they could only cross now.