Hoshor Plains What would Dory do?
35 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Joining 
[ooc]I'm tagging @Ira because we talked OOC, but this is AW! Oh and yes, Dory as in the Finding Nemo Dory! ;)
[/ooc]
Peony had been aimlessly walking around for quite a while. She didn't have a place to be, nor a person to be with. So, why go somewhere in particular? There wasn't really anything to base her direction off anyway. Peony had no sense of smell, didn't hear anything special, and there wasn't any unique landmark to look at. One could say she was lost, but that still wouldn't help would it? No, it wouldn't.

"Hello there blade of grass!" Peony said in her usual chipper voice. "Have we met before?" she inquired. While a fake smirk swept across her face, her tail slapping the grass behind her; back and forth... back and forth. Plants were her specialty, why not make herself seem even more crazy by talking to the one thing she understood? Peony was already deemed crazy by some because she can't smell. Even though it didn't change who she was, plain and simple. But, for some reason people still make a huge deal of it. 

By this time though, the pup had gotten used to everything. Except the looks. What was a pup who couldn't smell? Useless. No bother though, every encounter so far, she'd survived. There wasn't a single dent in her personality. Sure, she was anxious, but she was never one to change herself for others. She wasn't gonna start now. So, Peony sat herself next to her new grass friend, and listened to the sounds of nature.
-If found return to Kaistleoki!!- 
Peony has anosmia (loss of smell) and is extremely extroverted, good luck!
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
I love it :'^)

The Count roamed the plains, thankful for the freedom her leg gave her once more. She had only just announced her new position and there was still much to do, but at the very least it felt good to be moving. As she headed towards the boarders of Kaistleoki she noticed a small shape amongst the field, one that had passed their borders. While the mountain wolf drew near she was preparing herself for what could be a decent meal, only to notice the creature wasn't a fox or some other small prey but a pup...

Ira stopped in her tracks as she looked down in confusion, surely she would have smelled the borders, so was she just not aware that it was inappropriate and dangerous to cross into claimed lands? Usually, she would present herself in a more authoritative approach to those who trespassed, but Ira had always had a soft spot for kids. For all she knew, the pup was never taught better, but if that was the case it was amazing she was still alive and wandering alone.

Clearing her throat, she began her approach once more, Am I able to assist you? You seem rather relaxed for someone standing on claimed land. She would take a seat once she was close enough, showing that she would not be a threat, but she still studied the younger wolf with inquisitive eyes.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
35 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
<3
      As Peony rested on the soft matress most called ground, she allowed herself to be taken away into her fantasies. It was only the sound of large footprints that seemed to shake her out of such a state. Peony was unnaware of her current trespassing, so out of habit, when she heard another wolf approaching her mind raced to push out the bad and settle on the hopes of a new friend. As usual, her high hopes won. 

Peony threw herself off the ground as the stranger came forward. By the time the mountain of a wolf was in hearing range, she called in a joyful tone "Oh hi, oh hi, oh hi! Who are you? I'm Peony. You look strong! Woah.." It wasn't until her mind finally processed the words ejected from the wolf's jaw that she realized what happened. Her glee turned to confusion and her confusion turned into fear. 

It was obvious that the thought of trespassing had dawned on Peony. Peony was nothing but a lonely swimmer, and waves of panic were coming to get her. Her ears sprawled against her head, she crouched down to make herself a smaller target. But, only far enough so that her muscles could be prepared to sail her away from the misery she was now drowning in. Peony began slowly receding, back one more step, one more, just one more.

Waves of terror caught up, pounding her. Whoosh, crash, splash. Whoosh, crash, splash. Beating her up, causing her brain to scramble itself even more. Had the wolf even ever said anything about trespassing? Peony wasn't sure. She hadn't even noticed she had been talking like a broken record. She lost her happy tone as she clumsily attempted to explain her presence.  "I- I- I'm s-sorry. Am I- I trespassing? Oh no.. oh no... oh no.. I'm sorry! So- so very sorry! I- I didn't mean to!" Over and over she muttered and stuttered her way through her twisted speech. Apologizing again and again, bracing herself for attack, all the while retreating; oh so slowly, oh so carefully.

Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Before the Count even had the chance to open her mouth the young girl had already barraged her with greetings and a bubbly attitude, only to quickly backpedal her whole demeanor once she did get the chance to speak. Needless to say, Ira was stunned. She would not advance, simply sitting where she was hoping to give the young girl some breathing room and a chance to get her panic out before continuing.

Hush now, I appreciate your apology, I have no plans to harm you. You may breathe. If she needed the chance to catch her breath or calm her obviously racing heart, Ira would allow the child to do so before continuing. You are on my land, but I will allow it since you are being supervised. What brings you out here, shouldn't you be with your parents?

It was always hard to gauge a pup's age, but if she had to guess the girl was around her new siblings' age. Old enough to not necessarily be babied, but not ready to leave the safety of a pack alone quite yet.
35 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
      Peony watched the wolf as she cautiously sat a careful distance away. Knowing that the wolf couldn't attack from there, especially in a seated position, she stopped her walking. Instead, she took a few steps toward the wolf again. Peony looked the she-wolf up and down, she seemed peaceful enough. The stranger's speech seemed to support her assumption.

She allowed her ears to perk up once more, and in doing so, her muscles followed and relaxed. Her mind was racing, but if she could slow her thoughts, maybe her heart would follow. So, Peony collected herself in a few beats, forcing her positive thoughts back into the light. Hope reclaimed it's spot within her fiery eyes as she neared the stranger.

Peony allowed the she-wolf to speak this coming round. She stilled needed time to catch her breath anyway. Yes, she was on her land. But it's okay Peony reminded herself. The wolf permitted her being on her territory... for now. What brings her here? Parents? Start with question one she assumed.

With the re-appearance of faith, Peony got back to her spirited mood. "What brings me here? Hmm.. Well I was just a-walkin'. Wandering around y'know? Like I said, me trespassing.. it was an accident! How does that happen? Oh well.. wait what was I saying?" oh she was so stupid. How could she forget the entire conversation?

Wasn't there something about family? "I have no parents! They died.. or something like that I think. While ago actually. Oh wait maybe not. Maybe it was only a couple of weeks ago. Oh I'm not sure!" Peony was obviosly loosing track of the conversation. Her memory was always scattered. So, instead of continuing she simply sat her behind on the grass once more. "Who are you again?" Peony asked, gazing upon the wolf again with flaming, innocent eyes.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It took a few moments, although slowly but surely the girl recomposed herself speaking once more with her oddly cheery attitude for someone who was on the brink of a panic attack. Ira listened carefully trying to follow the girl's story, but she seemed to jump around and even forget parts of their short conversation. The Count could only really raise an eyebrow as Peony started questioning what she was even saying.

It wasn't until she continued that the other eyebrow raised in surprise. This kid had been wandering alone for a couple of weeks or longer? She couldn't help but wonder how she managed to hunt enough prey to feed herself and not stumble into the wrong paws for however long she was alone. You have no home?

The fact that this kid had crossed borders was no longer the issue that pressed her thoughts. Kaistleoki was still recovering from the earthquakes that plagued their land a few months ago, but leaving this girl alone was almost unfair. They were founded on new beginnings after all, so why should she not offer the chance to survive?

The roan woman tilted her head back glancing to the plains they resided in. If she joined some ground rules would have to be set to keep her out of trouble, but that wasn't her first priority right now. Golden eyes shifted back to the small girl, I am Ira, Count of Kaistleoki. We currently claim these lands as our home, but spring come we will return to the forest river bed. Might I inquire once more to make sure my understanding is correct, you have no permanent residence? You simply wander?
35 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Sorry for the delay!
When Peony had finished her muddled anecdote she looked at wolf again. Had she said something wrong? The wolf had a look of surprise and utter confusion sprawled across her face. When the she-wolf resumed speaking once more, Peony understood what had her so dumbfounded. Home. 

"Yup! No home!" Peony confirmed with still not a single dent in her bubbly attitude. Peony looked down at her paws as she once more looked upon the thing she undestood. Her heart had slowed now; she felt more comfortable with the mountain of a wolf. So, when the stranger began speaking, she was glad to have a name.

Ira. Nice name. Count. What's that? Kaistleoki. Must be the pack. Residece? Wander? Now those were questions she could answer! "Mmhmmm" she answered with a satifised grin. "Occasionally I get hungry. But you would be suprised at the amount of traveling herbs, berries, and fish around here!" Peony assured. Figuring that was what threw the wolf off earlier.

When Peony looked at the ground once again, her eyes shifted to beautiful purple flower a few feet away. She bounded over to it and attempted to smell it. Maybe this time? But, still got no results. In frustration, the pup plopped next to the flower and pawed her snout. "Why won't you work!" she sqealed at the little black object residing on her muzzle that refused to pay it's rent. 

I'm not alone. Bounced threw Peony's head as she looked back at Ira with surprise. Remembering what she wanted to say earlier, she scrambled up. As she trotted back over she recited what she was gonna say. "Did I mention I can't smell?" was all that came out. No explanation, just straight to the point uselessness. Oh Ira sure wouldn't want her now! When she had spoken before she had always looked the wolf in the eyes. Now, after saying that, all she could do was look down in shame.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
No worries!

Once again the Count was patient as Peony worked her way through her explanation. In some ways, she reminded her of Arlette. The white girl had remained small and bubbly well into adulthood with enough compassion to go around. Once again the firey girl seemed to surprise the count at the use of traveling herbs and loss of smell.

Ah. Now it all made sense. She was like Hieronymous. Peony seemed to drop her head at the admittance, and while it was unfortunate it was not the end of the world. After all, Hiero had been quite helpful taking up duties around the pack while she was bound to bedrest, even if she did not like admitting it. I see. So you truly did not mean to trespass. There is one more like you here.

Ira thought for a moment. She particularly wouldn't mind watching over her and teaching her what her parents didn't, but she could not say the same for everyone. Ideally...assigning her Hieronymous as a mentor would be a huge help. Then she would not be slacking in her own duties and the girl would be learning from someone with a similar disability. You may stay if you wish, I can not ignore a pup without a home.
35 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
<3 
      Peony had noticed that the wolf had been uncomplaining, even through her probably annoying attitude.  When Peony had finished speaking, once again, the Count wolf had a bewildered expression. It didn't surprise her though, Peony expected that type of reaction. After her shameful confession, Peony looked up at the wolf as she began speaking. 

Ira understood? She understood! What else did she say? One more.. like her? Did she mean another that couldn't smell? Her tail launched into an unstoppable wag. Starting slowly, and quickly enhancing its speed her tail shook. At this point, Peony had completely forgotten about her close mental collapse. 

Peony was so lost in her own thoughts that she didn't even notice the brief silence before the she-wolf began speaking again. Only when Ira did begin speaking did the young wolf turn her ear to listen. Stay. Did she say stay! Again, her tail began shifting. She could ignore me. Peony listened intently, and almost as soon as the wolf ceased her conversation Peony jumped in. "Oh yes! Oh yes! Thank you Ira!" the youngling exclaimed, with as much excitement as Peony had greeted the mountain wolf with. Then realizing what the wolf had said earlier, she added with a clear smile "I mean.. Count. Thank you!"
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Sorry for the wait! We can def wrap this up here and get another started so she can meet hiero and learn more about KO

It was evident from the girl's body language what her answer was even before Ira finished speaking. A small and rare smile graced the roan woman's face as she pushed herself onto her feet. You have no need to thank me, Ira will suffice. With that, she turned to head deeper into the territory, Come, there are some things that must be explained.
35 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
No problem! Okay sounds good! <3

No need to thank her? Maybe this wolf was crazier than she thought! Peony wasn't sure she could keep up this whole "Count" business anyway, so calling her Ira was a blessing. The young one still hadn't paused her tail's shifting by the moment that Ira had stood.

When the mountain wolf turned and told Peony to follow there was no hesitation before the she-wolf had already caught up and began trailing the older wolf. "Where are we going Ira?" Peony questioned in a not-so-rare sing-songy pitch as she accompanied her new companion on what she assumed would be a grand adventure into her new life.