Bramblepoint amble here, amble there
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
All Welcome 
@Hydra, decided to make this present day, since that works with his timeline, I think. I'll just keep things vague about Legion until I know better.

Kaertok slowed for the day, deciding it was better to amble along rather than go as quickly as he could from one place to the next. What did he have to gain from that, anyway? It would be easier to find Raleska if he took his time, talking to anybody and everybody that he could. Sungiwok was certain that he would find her in time. And when he did, he was sure that things would be shaky. She would probably be justifiably angry with him for leaving. She had confessed it was a fear of hers. He had told her he'd done it before.

The large wolf sucked in a breath and let it out with a whoosh. The day would come when they would meet again; he was sure of it. The Tartok wolf felt like he was getting closer to her, even though he couldn't explain why. Presently, he was just seeking the next wolf to interrogate, should he or she be willing.
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
Bat was ambling too; an awkward, shuffling walk was all she could manage on three legs. She held the injured one bent against her chest, though it often grew heavy and dangled until she was forced to sit and rest. It was a real drag, though at least she had @Tegan for company. After accepting help from the surly @Maegi and her benevolent pack mate (I'm assuming...), the two of them had moved on to this little woodland to convalesce. It was kind of like a winterized version of Coconut Grove, though Bat shuddered any time that thought crossed her mind.

Hopefully her ankle would heal soon and the two of them could pick up where they'd left off on their road trip. In the meantime, Bat supposed there was no hurry. Sure, winter was in full force—the thick blanket of snow glittering on every surface and the frigid temperature could attest to that—but the two of them had faced plenty of adversity and come out on top. Besides, they were seasoned nomads. Bat didn't doubt they could weather the cold season, just the two of them, even though they were invalids.

Might be nice to park it in a pack for a bit though, Bat found herself musing as she shuffled along, the thought interrupted when she suddenly spotted a white figure through the trees.
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Somebody was making noise. An awful lot of it. They weren't trying to hide it, either. It was uneven, stilted, and somewhat... odd. It took Kaertok some time before he recognized her as a wolf, and that was only when he spotted her dark form against the white of the snow that layered the ground and everything else around them.

Briefly, he tried to remember the descriptions of the wolves he was looking for. She wasn't Raleska; that one he knew by heart. Couldn't be Sugar Glider, since her nose was black. He doubted it was Isi, due to her apparent age. Still, she might have answers.

Hello, he greeted, ears up and alert, but in no way aggressive.
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
They'd been hanging out in these woods for over a week now, so once Bat moved past her initial surprise, her tail began to wag. It was good to see another face, even a stranger's. She had always enjoyed meeting people and making new acquaintances. It was one of the many appeals of life on the road.

"Hello," she echoed his cordial greeting, pale pewter eyes roving from head to toe in a quick once-over. "What brings you to Bramblepoint?" she wondered, not forgetting to add an introduction. "I'm Bat. I don't live here, just squatting for a bit." She gave her crooked foreleg a pointed look, then returned her attention to the pale male.
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
tegan was just a hop skip and a jump behind bat, finding remnants of some animal that he was definitely interested in. spent a lot of time observing. probably fox poop, he'd decided. shape and size and texture and -- what? no he wasn't eating some random shit... it was important to know if there was food nearby -- ya know? like maybe he licked it, just for experimental purposes, but he didn't eat it. it didn't even taste good enough to eat. oh -- shit, voices.

tegan quickly picked up the pace to catch back up with bat, tail waving as he spotted some white wolf nearby her. he chuffed to grab attention towards him as he approached, picking an amiable appearance since their last encounter hadn't gone south. what's up? he answered alongside bat, i'm tegan.
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
She was joined by another close behind, and Kaertok observed them without reacting in one way or another. He had learned long ago to listen and watch before making any drastic moves. He'd always been the stoic type, and age had only solidified that personality trait. Both of them looked a bit rough around the edges, especially the dark one who held one leg off the ground. They weren't a threat, as far as he could tell, and they weren't asking him to leave. Quite the opposite, it seemed.

Kaertok Tartok, he replied. I'm looking for somebody. Her name is Raleska. She used to run with a pack on the coast known as Rusalka. He searched their expressions for any signs of recognitions, one way or the other.
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
Tegan slotted in beside her, easy as you please, and Bat smiled sideways at him and offered a friendly nudge even as she kept her attention on the stranger. He didn't appear either threatened or threatening, so maybe the two of them could make a new friend today. If not, at least they could have a conversation with someone besides one another. Much as she loved Tegan, Bat craved a broader social scene.

Poetic, she inwardly remarked on his name, frowning thoughtfully as he cut right to the case. "I can't say I know of any Raleskas or Rusalkas. You?" she wondered, now blinking inquisitively at her (beloved!) ball and chain. But before Tegan could get a word in edgewise, her frown deepened into more of a pained grimace as she thought aloud, "The coast took a lot of damage a few months back..."
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
:):):):)

Hydra meandered toward Bramblepoint, again deigning to investigate the outer reaches of it. She had not desired to do so alone this evening, and had thought to invite @Dragomir along... except, she could not find him. Determining he was either training, patrolling, or searching for his sister, Hydra pushed ahead and found the familiar features of @Alya who she invited along. Friends, Alya had said; well, perhaps she might make those yet. But she did not want to do so alone. 

It had been so long since Hydra had made a true one beyond Towhee, Hydra was not sure it was possible anymore; and yet, Alya encouraged her that it could be so. Hydra was inclined to believe her, and even somewhat inspired by her kind outlook. Hydra's was harsh even still, but Alya was a good influence; where once Hydra had tempered her sisters, Alya seemed to take that post now; they lived in a perfectly struck balance like such. 

Pausing near the outer reaches of Bramblepoint, Hydra sniffed; the scents of the pack she had detected but days ago had faded even further. Perhaps they had moved deeper into the wood, or perhaps they had left altogether; Hydra was not certain, and glanced over her shoulder to her twin. It was then a vaguely familiar voice sounded in the distance, incredibly indistinct in what ways said but... she thought there was a familiar scent on the wind, too. 

Hydra turned the way the sounds had come from, though was careful as she moved toward the party... unsure of how she might be received. None of these scents screamed enemy to her, and one in particular stirred strangely kind memories... a rarity, these days. It was no wonder she desired to see that through. There was not a lick of malevolence upon her person as she approached, only a healthy sort of curiosity any wolf might possess when strangers, or perhaps acquaintences, were near.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
After their conversation in the high reaches of Moonspear, Alya had not bothered Hydra any more with talk of friendship. She was not one to nag, and knew that Hydra would remember her words even if she did not agree with them. It was up to the Queen to decide how, if at all, she would act on the reccomendation, and Alya respected her authority to do so.

So she was happy to follow along on a trip away from the territory. The children were big enough now that they did not need constant watching — and had not, in fact, for quite some time — and there were plenty enough weathered adults around that she was comfortable leaving for a short amount of time. While they walked, she expressed a desire to visit Easthollow with Nikai during the winter, and told her about Valette and Leta's desire to come and see Moonspear in the spring. It was idle, pleasant chatter that the sisters often shared while not talking of murder or intrigue.

Conversation halted when voices pulled at their ears. Alya had walked beside Hydra for the duration of the trip, but now fell back a foot or so to flank her, likewise curtailing her aggressive nature in order to appear kind and curious.
i can't help but be my own god
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
oh man tegan nearly shit himself as he watched the most beautiful wolves he'd ever laid eyes on pad through into the light. sorry bat, but it's true. whatever he was going to say to the guy with the cartoon name was swiftly swiped away as tegan so excitedly recognized the moonspear princesses... little did he know one was now queen. he held it together for long enough to spit out a friendly hello.

hey hydra! and lyra?? or? did tegan even know there were three? i can't remember, what are you guys doing all the way out here? his tail wagged ecstatically, really not being subtle in any way shape or form. but, here's the thing. a long time ago tegan realized that if you don't have any chance with a girl... you might as well just fuckin not give a fuck. because you could be on your best behavior and she'd still turn the other cheek. so looking like a complete idiot... well being turned down was just expected. 

oh, yeah, and he had a lady. that he actually loved. so it wasn't like he was trying anything anyway... unless they were all up for something. then he would definitely be up for something.
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Two additional, identical wolves approached the trio, and Kaertok shook his coat to ease the instinctive anxieties of being around this many strangers at once. He had spent most of his life in the company of those he knew, or at least pack mates, and meeting this many at once was a bit overwhelming for him. Still, he pressed on and thanked the skies that these were more wolves who might be able to help him.

Before he could speak, the other male was shouting names he could only assume were the names of the two latest arrivals. So they all knew each other? Kaertok's nose told him these twins were associated with Arcturus, the wolf he had met some weeks ago. He had not been able to help him find Raleska, but he had been pleasant to speak with.

Kaertok let the conversation transpire between the other male and the twins, feeling as though he was a stranger to this party.
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
Before Kaertok could respond to her comment about the coast, two black wolves slunk into view. Despite her social proclivities, she felt a beat of trepidation at their approach. There was something intimidating about the way they moved, in perfect sync. They looked utterly identical too, down to a tear in each of their right ears. How'd that happen? Bat caught herself wondering right around the time Tegan greeted them openly and by name.

She blinked at him in surprise. He didn't greet them with only familiarity but casual friendliness. Bat wasn't prone to jealousy, though she did feel a mild pang of insecurity. These two were not only powerful in presence, they were also undeniably beautiful. Compared to them, Bat felt small and a little ugly. It was a strange and unpleasant feeling, which she caught and tried to brush away like a pesky fly.

Her pewter eyes flicked to Kaertok, who was now regarding the exchange with silent curiosity, and Bat decided to mimic him. She didn't say anything, giving the two new arrivals an opportunity to answer Tegan's question, though she tried to put on her best game face, tail waving tentatively as she marveled at this impromptu gathering. Well, she had wanted to socialize!
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She recognized him at once; the thickheaded boy who had trespassed past the Woods boundaries. For the right reasons, though; to eradicate the world of a threat that seemed small, but was not. Hydra thought she recalled lecturing him; she hoped since then he had not continued toward such a path of trespassing. Hunting murderers, though? Acceptable, and admirable too. 

Tegan, she greeted, tail swaying behind her. Amiable toward him for his ways, she had never disliked him; Hydra, she spoke for herself, and gestured toward her sister who would inform him of who she was. She could play Lyra if she so wished, or she could be herself. As for his question, Hydra gestured toward the mountain. Moonspear is not so far away. I heard we may have new neighbors and wanted to see for myself, she answered, though none of the scents had ever belonged to him, Bat, or Kaertok. How about you? Who are your friends? she inquired; Hydra had never known that Tegan had even left the Redhawk family, so had much to hear if he would share it. Hydra's eyes fell to the too-large earred Bat, and the pale, fine features of Kaertok; she thought of Lyra for a moment, and how she had no suitors... 

He seemed fitting. One ear back-turned toward Alya, wondering what she might think. Strong, sturdy... handsome, even... he would do in a pinch, so long as he had a bite to him.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
"Alya," she corrected with a faint wag of her tail to show that no hard feelings were had. "Lyra stayed home today," she added instead of just saying that there were three of them. She wondered if, perhaps, they could convince the wilds that there were many, many more.

Her eyes caught on the flicker of her sister's ear, and she came to stand side-by-side with the other woman to better view the wolf in question. At first, she had no idea why Hydra might want her opinion on the man. But they had talked of this often enough that she quickly caught on, and after a quick surveil, she responded with a tentative sniff of approval. He was handsome enough, certainly. The only thing that remained to be seen was whether their personalities were suited.

Alya had not met many wolves whose personalities were suited to Lyra's.
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Looks like Tegan's gone inactive, so skipping him! Kat said we could skip Bat as well, which would put @Hydra next (then Alya, then Kaertok again). :)

Kaertok failed to grab anybody's name, figuring since none of them rang any bells, they probably weren't useful to him anyway. When asked who he was, the white bear answered. Kaertok Tartok. I'm looking for my friend, Raleska. She once lived on the coast with a pack named Rusalka. Perhaps one of these two black wolves might be able to point him in the right direction. If not, he'd make a polite exit and be on his way.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra's ears pricked as Kaertok spoke first, her gaze lingering upon him. The name he mentioned was a familiar one, but not one she knew personally. Vengeance had told her of Raleska's relation to Caiaphas, and even of her appearance... but that was where her knowledge of the woman ended. Rusalka she knew less about. Kaertok called the woman 'friend', and so his mission was clearly not one of aggression... unfortunate, as she might be inclined to join him in his pursuit for blood if it meant finding the seawitch. 

I do not know where either are, presently, she drawled, adding, If Rusalka was on the coast, I hope they have moved; from the mountains, much devastation was seen done to it. Perhaps look inland for them, she advised, and though her tone was cool as it ever was Hydra shared such information to be... dare she think it?... friendly. Hydra was ever a woman to keep her cards and knowledge close, but she took Alya's words to heart.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya had no information to offer regarding Rusalka or Raleska. This displeased the woman, as she was meant to be a scout but had not actually ventured far from the territory in some time. She would have to remedy that. In the meantime, she decided to get on with it and get the information that she and her sister were actually after.

"Alya Ostrega," she introduced. And then, in the next breath, "You're quite handsome," she complimented, bumping her hip against Hydra's as if to prompt her, Isn't he? "Do you have a mate?"
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Trying to wrap up some of these older ones!

More dead ends. Everybody seemed to know that Rusalka had once been on the coast, but nobody seemed to know where they'd gone after that. It was frustrating at times, but Kaertok figured he would have to run into somebody from there eventually. The Teekon Wilds was only so large, and not all wolves moved about as much as he did. Most tended to stay in one spot for a majority of their lives.

The other dark wolf (re)introduced herself, and he assumed them to be related in some fashion. Perhaps mother and daughter, cousins, sisters, or something of the sort. It really wasn't any of his business. The one named Alya then proceeded to compliment his appearance and ask if he was single. That was rather... forward of her.

No, he replied simply, nor am I seeking one. There was only one wolf he sought, though his feelings for her weren't exactly romantic. They were feelings of duty, of honor, and other such things. Kaertok had not known romance in his life, nor had he thought to seek it out. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a search to continue. He nodded briefly to the other two wolves lingering by, then the two identical ones, then the Tartok removed himself from the group. Small talk wasn't his game.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra blinked at his immediate response, one ear flicking as she thought: how small-minded. Perhaps he could be persuaded, but this day she would not bother. You are excused, Hydra drawled, ears pressing forward. Looking to Tegan, she drawled, it was good to see you again. We should return home ourselves, before she glanced to Bat and nodded. The matriarch could not say whether or not it was nice to meet her given her lack of contribution to the conversation, but it certainly was not bad

They had learned plenty of valuable information today in any case; there were no wolves remaining at Bramblepoint forming a pack, which pleased her. The Ostrega peered to Alya and said, that Kaertok fellow, do you think he could be convinced? with a wave of her tail, conversating idly—and not so idly—with her sister along the way. 

last from me <3