Emberwood It's time to get out of Iraq, Bush
"Love life" may be a rather grandiose term for staring at women on the bus
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Private 
He needed to speak with @Lolita. He was more on-edge than ever after the encounter with the old woman. Bhediya's constant wandering did him no favors, either. . .and while his sister couldn't assist with the former, she certainly could with the latter. After all, he was quite aware that Lita had accompanied Bhediya on one, and perhaps more, scouting expeditions.

Lolita could take care of herself, but Bhediya was small, vulnerable. And if she was going out to rendezvous with Sunny—

—but wouldn't Lita tell him if so?!—

He stalked through the forest, following the winding trails cut by seasons of various fauna. Big game had still not returned. He was hungry, and the irritability factor that came with that hunger, well. . .it explained a lot. 

And he was annoyed with himself, too. This was supposed to be the happiest time of his life! A supportive pack, a beautiful mate, children coming in spring. . . Why should this restlessness rule his days? A good chat with Lolita would sort this out, he reckoned.
As of January 18, this wolf is in the final stages of the rabies virus. Violent interactions are at your own risk.
love stupid, I know it, I know cause I'm a fool in love
37 Posts
Ooc — summer
is this set before or after body discovery? :o gonna be vague lol

She was settling in well to Uaine Gorsedd. Lita hadn't really met anyone new yet- but that was alright. She had her big brother and she had Bhediya, and she was sure others would join her little circle too.

Now she came upon Pygmalion. He looked slightly distressed... she could read his face like a book. "Pygmalion, hey, something wrong?" She wonders, her voice thick with worry.
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
This is present-dated.

He might have felt a little worse if he'd known how small Lita's social circle here was—but the threat was too dire to take that consideration. He gave her a fleeting smile before his face tugged downward in a frown once more. Lolita, he greeted tersely, and drew to a halt.

Can we talk? Pygmalion asked, already beginning to shuffle away. I need to discuss some things wi' ye. Things ye should know. If anyone should be his confidante, it should be his sister. Pip would be better. . .but his brother, sadly, had disappeared once more. Lolita was all the blood he had in the Emberwood.
As of January 18, this wolf is in the final stages of the rabies virus. Violent interactions are at your own risk.
37 Posts
Ooc — summer
aight cool thanks

Pyg greeted her with unusual curtness, getting straight to the point. Her brother asked her to talk, telling her there were things to discuss that she had to know. His seriousness made her tense. 

"Aye, go ahead. But once yer done, I have things to tell ye too..." She mumbes uncomfortably, thoughts of the corpse flashing through her mind. Not that Pygmalion had to worry about being a victim- but she figured he could at least be on the lookout. And it didn't hurt to keep him updated on such a major crime. If Bhediya hadn't told him already, she saw it as her job to do so.
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Her response took him aback, and he held her gaze for a long moment, brow knitted in concern. Aye? he asked, voice low. He took a deep breath and forged on, looking ahead. It took several more paces before he found the words, and even then, he wasn't sure if they were right.

They needed to be right.

Bhediya isn't to be trusted, Pygmalion started, jaw clenched. I love her, but she. . . Well, she's still in love with a man from the past, aye? I dinna think she's in my corner at all—and I'm afraid she might turn on me, soon.

He shook his head, scoffing. The price ye pay for true love, he muttered, then looked at his sister. I ken ye two have become close. Just be wary of her, aye? She's no friend to you if she's stabbing me in the back. Sound enough reasoning. Panglosses needed to have each other's backs.
37 Posts
Ooc — summer
His face turns concerned at her words and she nods at him, but he begins to tell her. Telling Lita that Bhediya can't be trusted. That she didn't love him the way he'd thought. Lita's expression turns sad, and all she could feel was empathy for her brother. And something else- a burning little fire that would only grow- a little anger towards Bhediya. For pulling in her brother like that only to abandon him. 

Sure, she wouldn't accept his word immediately. She'd just spent time with the sweet little wolf-dog the other day and she'd been a joy to be around as well as a great help when the time came. But oh, she'd watch her back alright. Maybe play nice for now but she'd have her eye on that little bitch who was breaking her sweet and oh-so-innocent brother's heart. 

"Aye, I'll keep my eye on 'er, brother. Too bad. She seemed a sweet lil lassie." She sighed with some genuine sadness, that her one girl friend here so far was hurting her family. "D'ye think ye'll still pursue 'er, Pyg?" She wonders suddenly, blue eyes looking up to him. Hoping the relationship could be patched.
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Lolita was more than willing to accept the truth of the matter, which gave him a great deal of relief. His shoulders sagged, and then he shrugged. I've nay choice. I still love her, Lita, Pyg said, voice despondent. She is sweet. . .but sae often that sweetness is accompanied by somethin' bitter. I thought it might be different, with her.

But he'd take the bitterness in spades; he'd take the wounds. He just didn't want to see his little sister disappointed by Bhediya's treachery.

He cocked his head, glancing at her. What did ye have tae tell me? Pygmalion asked, feeling dread pool once more in his stomach. Whatever it was, it likely wasn't good, based on her delivery. Which. . .God, he could use something good, right now. Why did it all have to be so bad?
37 Posts
Ooc — summer
Defeated brother explained his feelings further, Lolita's tail drooping all the while as she felt a sense of empathy for him. Poor, heartbroken Pygmalion. That little black witch had cast her spells of seduction on him, only to rip away her love. Lita shook her head slightly at the thought- that damned woman. Just as he said, she was a sweet and bitter mess all tied up into one petite little thing. Why had her brother fallen for such a complicated old hag? She couldn't understand it, only provide him support. "Aye, she's troublesome. But I'll be rootin' fer ye, Pyg." 

Finally he addresses her own issue, and she clears her throat as her blue eyes flit awkwardly to her paws. Too uncomfortable to make eye contact, she explains- "Well, um. Bhediya and I, we were oot the other day, n' we found something disturbing..." She sighs, and then the words come rushing out, nervous and fleeting- "A body. A pretty little lass, all torn tae shreds. And she had this smell of-" pink nose wrinkling as she recalls it, "Rape. Like some no-good motherfucker had his way with her and tore her to shreds. We looked for a trail-" Lolita paused. Gathering her breath again- what a theatrical moment would it have been, had she known that Pygmalion himself was a key component in this tale! Would his heart beat a mile a minute? "But we couldn't find 'im. All his scent was washed away. But it was tae fuckin' scary, all the same. If I were ye... I'd keep my eye on little Bhediya. She might've messed up but... ye wouldn't want tae lose her. Be careful brother." She sighs finally, blue eyes flitting back up towards Pygmalion as she shifted uncomfortably.
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
His eyes widened, breath coming up short. My God, he replied, swallowing a lump that had risen in his throat. Where'd ye find her? That sounds like an awful thing tae stumble upon. His ears flattened and swiveled, as if expecting. . .something. . .to sneak up unexpectedly behind them.

Bhediya will be safe as long as she has me, Pygmalion vowed, giving his sister a solemn nod. And so will you, Lita. I willna let either of ye come to harm. God, imagine! Bhediya or his little sister in the place of that murdered lass. The image brought his stomach up in knots—

He let out a shuddering breath, closing his eyes. Neither of ye should leave the Emberwood, Pyg said firmly. Not while a killer is on the loose. D'ye understand? He felt confident enough to make this judgment call; he was the master of his mate, after all, and an elder to Lolita. Their superior, despite what rank or intelligence may show otherwise.
37 Posts
Ooc — summer
"Oot by Mudminnow River. And it was, it was awful." She sighs, and listens intently as he continues. When he promises he'll keep them safe, her heart swells. He was a courageous man. And she did feel safe with him around. That was one comfort in this hell- her big brother would be there to protect her from whatever cruel killers lurked nearby. 

Finally he tells her not to leave Emberwood. And though the girl could be a wanderer on occasion, she was sure she'd take his advice. Lolita trusted his judgment, and she wouldn't want to risk anything. "I understand, Pyg. I won't leave if ye don't think it's a good idea." She sighs with a firm nod of her head.