Moonspear unfortune
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
The Netherwoods v2

A solid pace she traced around the mountain, rarely taking a moment to pause except for the duties one would carry. A cautious wiff for intruders, a passing mark, and a rare stare out, thinking she had caught something within the dark abyss there was. The moon hung high within the clouds, shining down on the charcoal beauty, but she did not have time to enjoy the scenary Moonspear had to offer, for she was a busy guard.

Duty comes before pleasure.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
And quite opposite to her was Dirge, who had stolen away to take in those very sights.

Try as it may, but winter did not choke out the deepest of greens from the towering pines. Frost could cling and glitter in heavy, snow-laden boughs but it was little in the way of a preventative measure that he took to break trail and wind through the old wood. Nightfall was perhaps the best to do such—the world was all at a hush and seemingly still, the children nestled in for the night, and his time relatively free in some sense.

It was here in the depths that the moon made all shimmer, and here where he saw the whippish frame of a dark figure cut along a path. He made short work of figuring out who she was—an old acquaintance of @Hydra's, he did believe being told—and let her gently pass him at a distance before he curiously fell in behind her and the path she forged.

"So you pulled the short straw for the night watch," became his opening line.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
While startled, she remained stoic, and calmly turned toward the 'invader.' A thankful refresher it was not a stranger, she knew it'd be hard to combat within the hazy area Desdemona had yet to grown accustom too. Though while not formally knowing, she had seen him around, and knew he was alongside the Queen, as the King of this land. Dirge, she recalled, who ruled alongside Hydra. Per' respect, she gave a head dip of a greeting before responding, "It is my duty," she replied like a soldier, and felt the same words resound within.

"It is not an issue, day or night." All day, she would do since coming to Moonspear, though at times admittingly wandering to the surrounding territory to observe, and know what was about on the outside. Tonight would not be one of those days, for she grew tired, and body growing sore from minor exhaustion.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
Rather flash in the pan, he saw why Hydra liked her.

Hawkish gaze, a mouth of good teeth, and an unwavering sense of duty. He wouldn't have considered her much of a soldier at first glance, but demeanor was certainly half of the battle. It was always the small ones to watch for though, wasn't it? A humored note escaped him, though he had been keen to watch her much in the way she did him now.

"I see our queen left out the part where you're supposed to enjoy my poor sense of humor." A thin smile graced him, feeling the best way to beat a joke to death was to literally just beat it to death. "But you've certainly been on top of things. You cut some of the paths through here earlier, didn't you?" He wasn't entirely oblivious to the fact that she was constantly moving, nor was he about to hold her up for the sake of conversation. He gestured to the path ahead—they could walk and talk just as well.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Though she did not have a sense of humor like he held, "I apologize." While lightened up since her first times in the wild, she was still serious and unnwavering, a laugh did not follow along with those traits. Perhaps there would be a day she could learn to smile and cheer, but Desdemona felt there was no need, there was never a reason to. 

"I have." There was no reason to hide it, she had been in various of areas, tracking her own path-line, finding routines, scavanging every corner. The more she knew, the more comfortable the dark dame felt in a new area- secure knowledge to gain ability to navigate was the key she desired to hold, "I wish to acquaintance myself with the areas." Not much of a conversationalist she was, but she tried with her dead-pan answers.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
For a moment, he almost told her that there was no need to apologize, but instead found his tongue snared. In the same way she found no need in humor, he found no need in trying to explain further. It was far easier to focus on the perceived task at hand and especially something he at least had a foothold on with experience. Briefly, Dirge surveyed the path that wound through the trees ahead of them.

"Do you have much experience with the foothills? The mountain itself is one thing; it's rather impossible to scale every nook and cranny. But the lower reaches like this have their share of secrets. Best to let instinct suss out what you want to know and curiosity fill in the blanks from there." Provided of course, she was at least blessed with the latter. She may have been cheerless, but he was being optimistic.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"I do not," Desdemona admitted to her inexperience without shame. She wasn't used to the mountains or the areas around, finding it difficult- but a gradual learn of the terrian, "My land was flat forests, one of pines, then of maples." She was used to the flat lands of many trees, and the endless forest they held. A run for miles, but now she must navigate the boulders and ledges, and pray to not fall downwards to infinity. 

"Are you from around?" Was he a native like many within Moonspear, or had he been with the Queen since young, and been within the ranks for many moons. Desdemona only hears whispers, of current and relevant news, but the past rarely came up unless a direct confront with another Moonspearian- which was rare for the lonesome bastard.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
All things considered, Moonspear was quite a bit like the place he had grown up. Jagged peaks all in a row with ravines and crevasses to unknown depths butting up against forests that rolled out into partial flatlands; the familiarity was undeniable and if not for the things that kept him morally shackled there, he would have ventured off far more than he did. At least in the permanent sense.

"Around enough," came his vague answer with the roll of his shoulders. "I've been here long enough to have what I have, but I wasn't born here." A similar story to her own in that regard and one that he had no interest in going any further with. He changed the topic back in the deftest way he could.

"You'll get used to the mountain eventually, just pace yourself. No sense in running ruts along the borders for fun or trying to see the views from on high if you aren't ready. At least don't go it alone if you do want to climb, all it takes is one slip and you're bound to disappear until the snow pack melts." He had been there long enough to know that much, and Hydra far longer and able to tell the tales of packmates and lost prey alike.

"I prefer the forested parts here myself. Easier to get somewhere in a hurry, easier to hunt on... no mystery holes to disappear into and the like. I prefer to keep unfortunate ends off my agenda." He breathed out a humored note.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"I had already seen one disappear within the crevices, it is understandable." She did not know that mans fate, however, if he had fallen within it or simply sought it to be the final resting place for @Tye. Desdemona dare not underestimate the mountain paths, it was a large reason to avoid the pile of earth. She had no real desire to see the views, or find herself fallen, so she remained downlow in the pines and maples. 

Destiny took another twist, and here she was, up high in the stars, finding a ways to adjust to these mountains.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
A passive note lodged in his throat at her mention of Tye—Dirge hadn't particularly known the fellow, but was acquainted with his end well. Hydra had been disappointed, while even here, he merely accepted it. An unfortunate end, but at least it had not been his own.

"I'm sure there are others like him," he added quietly. A shake of his head cast the thought out; he cared little for this morbid topic. "Besides, the better game to be found and had will always been through these woods and hills," he found a better topic, only to add softly, "when they come back." Or if they come back may have been the better of choices, but even fewer were exposed to his worry of such.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Her head tilted to the side unknowingly, and questioned the male, "I do not understand what you mean on 'when they come back?'" Desdemona had been gone when disaster struck, the earthquakes, the famine, all had been thankfully evaded. She was healthy, and lean, muscle roducing and body had enough fat to look well-fed, she was more well off then some, and did not think much on it.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
His ears flickered; she didn't know? That was easily rectified.

"There's been a famine here for some time. Started with the earth quaking, like it was fearful of something. The herds went with it," and again, he held his tongue on the question of if they would come back. They had to eventually, at least now that the earth no longer trembled beneath their feet, no smoke painted the eastern skyline like a worried bruise.

"We've been fortune thus far and were prepared for the winter, but even our stores will need topped off before too long. Some of our neighbors I fear did not fare the same." That could not be helped, and could have just as easily been them had they not had a firm grasp of hunting grounds to pilfer through.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"I was not aware," she flickered an ear, "I was not at the wilds for some time." She was fortunate enough to miss the whole event, especially an earthquake. Desdemona came in healthy, she was not a skeleton compared to some she had seen, coming to here, and a few at the Spire. Especially the more lad she found in the crevice..

"It is fortunate Moonspear has survived. How long has it been standing?" A year ago, Moonspear stood tall, and even now, it seemed like it would never fall. Even though they been through disasters held firm, and it couldn't be denied that it was an impressive feat. She wondered how long they have been around.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
"Quite a long time," he said, not just able to put into words how long it had been there. "Perhaps longer than I've been alive. Hydra's parents claimed this peak." He knew bits and pieces of Moonspear's history from what Charon had imparted to him, but in truth he had never gathered the whole story of it. The past was the past, and for the same reason he did not comment on what had brought Desdemona to them, he did not dwell on what had brought Moonspear into creation.

"And though we have been fortunate, there is always work to be done. Even as things seem to mend, our borders have had their share of unsavory visitors at all hours. Scavengers and the like, but also troublemakers. It's good to have someone keen on ensuring the upkeep." Though just as well, as they had no shortage of able bodies to do that job or to be rallied to the cause, and they were the better for it.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
She wasn't sure how long her maiden pack had been standing, she didn't like to think much of them, but even when she did, Desdemona wasn't positive of her own origins. The only part she knew, preferred to kept away.. Disgusted and unpleasant, she hoped other wolves would not know of it. For now, as kind as they were, the woman left them unaware, and remained it that way till' otherwise. Even if the guilt hurt.

The earthy wolf listened and nodded. Despite peace may be, and the traumatic events passing, work was to never end. She knew there was always someone, or something disrupting the peace... Desdemona was prepared to protect it. 

There was not much to say from her, as the two walked in silence.