Nova Peak You say you'd like to see me try
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
All Welcome 
Back.

Kiwi closed her eyes as she crested a rise, a short distance up the peak.  She took a deep breath and let her mind drift, imagining the ridges full of warriors, training in the clearings and meadows, kills plentiful as the herds returned and hunters prospered.

She could taste it.  She'd yearned for a home of her own ever since departing Firebirds, and she knew now that place was never meant to be hers.  No place ever could be that she did not take and form for herself.  If Nomi had taught her anything useful, it was this; true warriors claimed what was theirs, they were not handed it.

She smiled, and with her eyes still closed, she let loose a powerful howl.  It echoed down the mountainside and spoke of her intentions.  There was no official claim here yet, but she needed it known there would be, soon.  She did not need to do all of the work - perhaps some could come to her.
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
thoughts, they are like restless beasts in my head
time, it slowly kills me in my cold bed
· TW gore/yell
266 Posts
Ooc — mista
North again, he trails—his feet never seem to stop moving, and it isn’t just because he’s restless. It’s more so that he still lacks a purpose. He’s got freedom, but what does he do with it? Hell if he knew.

So far he’s run into a variety of people; ones that want to make “friends” and others that remind him of what he’s left behind him. The Wilds are a mystery, no two people seem alike here. The Wayfarer finds it exuberating.

Scarred ears twitch at the call, the summons that lay claim across the peak he is so near. See? The surprises are never ending here. War-like, challenging any who lay in their path. This is mine.

The Wayfarer is lured in. He marches upwards, rising across the mountain peak towards the russet woman there. His posture is neutral for now, and no words pass his lips, just an arched eyebrow in question.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Not only did someone answer; they took it upon themselves to walk right in.  She felt her hackles rise as the male came into view.  She didn't have enough claim of this place to attack on sight, but she had enough to feel wildly possessive.  Kiwi did not like that he was here so casually.

You are walking on soon to be claimed lands, she said with more than a touch of ice.  This is Skairipa.  What do you want?

If he came to challenge, she'd fight him now, though he was an impressive specimen.  A valuable soldier, maybe, she thought.  Yet only if he had no delusions of grandeur.
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
· TW gore/yell
266 Posts
Ooc — mista
Tiny and prickly.

It reminds him of Ghost, who is tiny and prickly in a similar way. A frosty tone to her voice despite the fiery colors she boldly wears.

Just wanted to see the boss myself, he says with a shrug, what’s Skairipa all about? The Wayfarer butchered the pronunciation; it isn’t a word he knows and languages have never been his forte.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Hmm.  Queen, she corrected, though she relaxed considerably as she eyed him.  He'd confirmed for now that he wasn't there to challenge her, and that was good enough for the moment.  And Skairipa is about respect. Power.  Pride.. We deserve it and no one will be able to say otherwise.  Not unless they mean to test us to prove it.  She said this with a cocky smirk.

He couldn't pronounce the pack quite right, but she'd overlook it for her priority right now.... getting his considerable bulk and power behind her.  Why?  Looking for something more worthwhile than coasting?
· TW gore/yell
266 Posts
Ooc — mista
Ah, another two traits to add to the mix, or maybe it’s just one; royally entitled. The Wayfarer isn’t here to complain, doesn’t see it as a bad thing. Lips twist in what could be a smirk, but mostly just looks akin to an awkward attempt.

That means someone tries to walk all over Skairipa, your hounds would rip ‘em to pieces? Say yes. That sounds like fun.

Maybe, he hums, shifting broad shoulders. I’m not interested in turning over my freedom and being chained somewhere though. The path of slavery is over for the Wayfarer if he’s got anything to say about it, and he’d fight to the death to keep it that way.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mmm, she liked the sound of that.  Hounds.  Once I've found a huntsmaster, she responded, and my claim is set.  Right now she had to be cautious.  She could ring out her intentions and draw in lost souls, but she could not fight those who walked these slopes quite yet.  To do so would only weaken them; she was fine biding her time.

She lifted her lip a little at his explanation, distastefully.  Freedom without purpose is meaningless. She replied, with full conviction.  What is the point?  Here you would have something to defend, a place to prove, and those to command if you earned it.  And still you'd be free to roam, so long as you knew where your home and loyalty lay.  How could he choose to wander 'unchained' and chase nothing?  Kiwi had never lived without a goal; she couldn't imagine it.
· TW gore/yell
266 Posts
Ooc — mista
Right, the Wayfarer supposes that is logical. No need to fight off everyone, else you wouldn’t have mindless soldiers to do your bidding if all of them are too frightened to step foot near the claim. A Queen on her own would be a lonely wolf in tales than a true royal.

It ain’t meaningless to me, he corrects, defensive as ever about his freedom. If he is to join any place, it meant that he would do his bidding. The Wayfarer would never be a slave to any again.

You ain’t wrong though, he says with a shrug. Fortunately, he gained purpose when Zephyr and Phillip decided to welcome him into their rag-tag little group—a trio instead of a duo. But he doesn’t have a purpose outside of chasing their missing… friends? Was it?

I’m… on a job right now, he pauses, unwilling to say he’s “helping” per se. Searchin’ for two wolves, but I’ll think about it.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Kiwi appraised him as he spoke, and as she sensed some confirmation, she gave a small self-satisfied smile.  Of course she was right.

She understood needing to finish a job.  She upheld deals on her own terms, but she did have some measure of accountability.  Obviously doing this task had some outcome in his better interest.

When you are done, if you need something to fight for, you know where we are, she said, giving him a last knowing look.  She assumed he needed to be on his way, and her own interest in the conversation was done now that she'd played her hand.  She wouldn't count this a loss yet.
· TW gore/yell
266 Posts
Ooc — mista
Thank you for the thread!

With that, an interesting encounter is put to rest. The Wayfarer turns to go back down the Peak where he’d come from. Until then, Queen. Whether he truly returns or not will be up for debate, but his curiosity is sated for now, and eventually, he will hunger to know what has become of this one’s Skairipa.