Haunted Wood i haven't been good to myself
i'm a mess, ain't nobody gonna clean up
I BEEN IN THE MARKET FOR A BRAND NEW SOUL
3 Posts
Ooc — mista
Joining 
The four horsemen are feared not only for the might of War, but the combination of disaster that strikes. Madanach is not a warrior, yet he has killed. Thus, when wind comes about a mercenary group, he nears. A new start, he thinks, away from the abode left behind, yet close in the clutches of another Melonii stronghold—or at least, the ruins of it.

He arrives in the chill of night. Exhaled breathes appearing in vapor before him, jaws agape, chest heaving. Mismatched eyes focused ahead, on the eerie woods that both send a shiver down his spine and urges him to go forward. Yet he halts by a marker, knowing soon enough the hounds would be upon him. He doesn't bother call.
sometimes, dead is better
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
-7C°, currently it is misty and set during the night. Located in Haunted Woods, borders | ooc notes: oooo another melonii joins the ranks?!

The Warlord wasn't far from where the new face had chosen to wait by the border, roaming the lands adjacent to the Haunted Woods, keeping an eye on those coyotes who continuously roamed their borders for a break in their defenses. None were encountered today, perhaps they were beginning to back away and try to avoid confrontation... a new tactic perhaps to try and get to their caches?

There was something else that caught his attention however, there was one scent that caught his attention, a scent that brought him closer and closer to Nightwalker borders, to his borders; and this was not a coyote. No, this was someone else. A messenger perhaps? There had been quite a lot of newcomers requesting to join too... could he be one of them?

Not quite behind the boy, but perhaps off to one side approaching from behind, he let loose a short warning growl to announce his presence. The boy patiently waited to be found and found he was. Have you waited long? Finally, the silence was broken. Vengeance didn't approach any further but waited for the midnight boy to turn around and face him.
3 Posts
Ooc — mista
Hopefullyy :eyes:

Skin crawls, the intensity of eyes upon him is the first warning that he isn't alone. Large ears swerve behind him, a growl moments later confirms his suspicion. Fur rising on end, Mads turns to face the devil. His eyes avoid staring directly at him, bulk slouched and ears turned in submission.

Cool, collected, the boy clicks his mouth together, swallowing any panted breaths.

No, Mads answers. Are you the leader of the Nightwalkers? Or just a guard dog. By the smell of the place, there are plenty, although this man’s scent reigns supreme.
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
!
"he is," she answers, moving to observe a stone's throw from Vengeance's side. she defers to the Warlord with a flick of her ears, though her attention remains on the boy at their borders. she has much to learn, she knows, and greeting strangers on their borders with something other than bared fangs is one of those things. 

it is the muted tones of their conversation that had drawn her, but the lack of any howl that had interested her enough to join in. in her experience thus far, those at their borders either howled, or charged directly in and ended up in the pit. this stranger, then, was decidedly different.
3 Posts
Ooc — mista
Not sure how to go about this with Ven gone, but if an OOC joining/this thread works, Mads is still interested in joining & we can fade it! Otherwise, we can have them part :)

Out from the shadows, another appears; a girl who barnishes a similar aura to the man ahead. She gives him an answer, ahead of the Warlord. Then, he is at the right place, with the right people.

I would like to join you, he says, and a beat later introduces himself; I am Madanach Melonii.
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
we should be able to finish this up! feel free to vaguely brush over the spar if you'd like to fade this thread out.

melonii. she blinks, unable quite to hide the surprise from her features. she glances to Vengeance, knowing what comes next in this process and now suddenly invested in doing more than simply observe. when approval is given, she faces the man once more, features clear once more. "we will spar." a glance back to the warlord, and then, "if you impress, you can join." then she moves, a quick and obvious grab for his muzzle. she doesn't want to win in the same desperate way she would in a rank challenge or against her peers, but she test the reactions of this stranger-kin.