Haunted Wood yn blath que me darienn
11 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
it's been ...well, within the bowels of the place that he hears the nightwalkers refer to as the pit β€” a ravine with steep walls and an uprooted tree that offers some shelter. it is a space he shares with one other β€” a woman whose story he isn't feeling overly inclined to learn, admittedly. instead, he spends his time humming tunes and trying words to string together into some sad, tragic ballad of this story of deception as he tends poorly to his own wounds.

he looks at his injured hind leg with flamboyant dismay. he is no healer and aside from licking it in the hopes of staving off infection ( is it even working, he wonders? ) is a desperate attempt at best. though he eyes the tops of the steep walls, the silhouttes and shadows of the wolves tasked with patrolling it seen by mis-matched eyes as dandelion lets out a hefty sigh and checks his wounds. they don't smell of infection and while the pain hasn't necessarily lessened it hasn't seemed to have grown worse either.

a good sign, the balladeer takes it.

someone β€” who is hardly important to the now pitiful balladeer β€” tosses a slab of meat into the pit, landing in the dirty snow just by his paws. it's ...relatively fresh; or at the very least not rotten and he considers turning his nose up at it to spite the nightwalkers but as his stomach rumbles β€” though the balladeer is petty enough to think that his action was because he doesn't particularly want the other captive to have it ( survival of the pettiest strongest darling ) β€” he snatches it up and pulls it close, a paw pressing against it guardedly as he nibbles at it.

as much as he wants nothing more than to devour it he knows better than to eat too fast and who knew when he'd be fed again. he intends to make this one last him longer than a few minutes; a feat he has yet to actually accomplish because when push came to shove immediate satisfaction almost always won out over his poorly contained patience.
nightwalkers are allowed to pp him.
just tag him for my visibility!
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
So many wolves were either trespassing over their borders or being dragged over by the vicious warriors of the woods and many more were willingly joining their ranks. As much as he found the man disgusting lately, Vengeance was forming a powerful pack filled with wolves that Valour was keen to rise up to one day.

Hunting had gotten a bit better and Valour dutifully carried an older piece of meat from a cache to the pit and tossed it over, retreating before he could be seen. He heard one of the captives grab it and settle down to eat and peered over the edge of the wall curiously, eyes moving to the injured hind leg that immediately reminded him of Hela's signature move. "Did a girl do that to you?" he asked motioning to the man's leg and rising to stand fully visible on the edge of the pit.
3/10 mastery
11 Posts
Ooc —
the meat, dandelion realizes, isn't the freshest admittedly but at least there wasn't maggots crawling 'round within it; it's a step up. not a big step; more like a reluctant baby step but as a beggar dandelion knows his predicament doesn't exactly warrant for him to be picky. movement catches his attention β€” for the balladeer is alert, mostly for the woman captive because he is not going to be sharing this slab of old meat thankyouverymuch β€” but it comes from above; atop the walls of the pit a head pops over the edge like a comical meerkat poking it's head out of its hole.

details are lost to dandelion's gaze as the sun casts the face mostly in shadow but the voice suggests a youth. not yet in his puberty. how amusing, the balladeer thinks. he peers at his hind leg, stretched out carefully as to not disturb the careful mussing of fur ( as if that was the worst of his worries! ) and examines it as one might examine their nails with a small hum in his throat.

❝hm, yes. quite lovely isn't it? her handiwork, i mean.❞ unable to quell his sarcasm even here in a muddy pit as regarded about as well as rat shit. ❝i do believe it shall scar... providing it doesn't get infected and kill me.❞ oh! such a cheerful thought. ❝she a friend of yours, lad?❞ dandelion asks conversely, taking another small bite of the meat; trying to remember to save it.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
The captive confirms his guess and he nods slowly lips slowly forming half a smirk. The man wasn't seething nor was he trying to be an ass and get a rise out of him. If anything Valour supposed he seemed to be content, sarcastic and humorous in the shitty situation he was in. "Yeah. Hela does have talent" he admitted sounding neither pissed off nor jealous but more frustrated by the girl. Intrigued by the dark furred man he settled into a relaxed lounging position, more of him visible as he lay along the ledge of the pit looking down and failing not to cringe at the mention of infection and death. He made no comment but peered for a second at the gnarly looking leg before sighing and making note to find serem later.Β 

A question was rattled off immediately causing his expression to sour and he curled his lips over his teeth though just as fast as he grew angry he dropped his eyes and shrugged "No but she sure isn't a friend" he said and snorted "I have it out for her" he cast a glance to the other captive, closing his mouth as he slowly looked back to the man not saying more.
3/10 mastery
11 Posts
Ooc —
hela does have that talent.

❝hmph,❞ dandelion makes the noise in the back of his throat; a twitch of his lip given as the boy speaks with noted frustration and what dandelion might venture to guess as feeble admiration, even ( though this was largely his own interpretation ). ❝i would hardly call that talent,❞ dandelion readily protests. ❝anyone can be a little savage.❞ he hisses the word; figuring that he was already injured and a captive. what worse could they possibly do to him for speaking his mind?

❝oh? aren't you a little young to have things out for someone else?❞ dandelion cannot help but ask; though he's quick to pounce upon the fact that this boy 'has it out' for that girl. ❝and what, pray tell, did this girl, hela, do to you to cause you to react so strongly as to 'have it out for her'?❞ shamelessly, the balladeer pries.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Though it was amusing the way the man spoke about Hela, Valour also felt the need to say something to defend her. But what was there to defend when in his honest opinion the captive was right?Β "Not all of us are savages but she...yeah. She usually acts like one."Β he said in the usual eerily mmonotonous tone he used when trying to be cautious of what he said.Β Β "I don't have to be old to be able to want to get someone back for doin me wrong"Β That part was growled eyes flashing at the thought that he should not try to take his place back as the alpha pup.Β "I saved her life and brought her here which I shouldn't have and was punished for it. Ever since she's...she's taken my place and made me look dumb"Β Β He tried to prevent the anger from leaking into his tone and failed, voice breaking for a moment before he took a moment to swallow the rage back down and compose himselfΒ "I am taking my time with it but I'll get her back"Β 
3/10 mastery