Stone Circle your boy is a soldier
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Read Only 
tags for reference! i really debated with myself on whether i wanted to go through with this 'self-discovery plot' but the 8ball bot decided I should do it & everyone knows the 8ball is a great source of wisdom. :p

decision weighing heavily in his mind, draped across broad shoulders like a hefty barbell and volleyed back and forth for weeks now; at the borders of easthollow newt lingers and paces. arlette's advice hangs at the forefront of his mind; insistent. yet, he doesn't listen ...by youth rebellion, perhaps. convinced by his own mind that talking about how he doesn't like what has happened to easthollow — even though measures were taken — wasn't going to change anything nor soothe the unrest in his heart and mind newt doesn't even try.

perhaps that, too, was arrogance of youth.

perhaps @Greyback, @Valette, @Leta and @West Tyree would resent him for this. perhaps he deserves their resentment ...but he needs to do this, he knows. clay was still missing and ...and he was still so unsure of how he feels about the morals and values he's once placed so high; bothered even now by the banishment of one of their own. newt knows that staying at home and letting his parents soothe his worries and convince him to stay will only solve surface issues. in order to figure out the chaotic mess of what he feels and what things mean to him once more, he knows this space is what he needs.

like a kid fresh out of high school getting their own apartment; too young and too naïve but convinced that it is what they must do to grow. 

he tilts his head back and howls, letting family and easthollow know he is leaving; albeit temporarily ...he hopes. he wants to include that he'll be back but he doesn't want to make a promise he can't keep. not while there exists so much uncertainty within him.

before anyone can stop him, before he gives himself a chance to second guess his second guess, he turns and runs into the valley.

and tries to convince himself that he has not made the biggest mistake of his life.
━─┄ these jaws of brevity
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul