Hoshor Plains But there's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Private 
@Connor
Backdated 1 day to 1/1 if that's okay

She stared down at her dwindling collection of herbs, her face twisted in concern. She had just done a massive clean out of her herb stores, and she was worried to find that she was lower on plants than she had originally thought. There was nothing viable right now to replenish anything, and she hoped that any injuries remained at a minimum until the spring. The spring would surely bring more food and more plants, and then they could put this last year behind them. Until then though, she would need to get creative. She would need to find different ways to heal and would be forced to use even smaller amounts of plants than she was already using. She released a long, soft sigh and prayed that they would all make it okay through the winter.
Big Man, Walking In The Park
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
The titan was keen on meeting the wolves of Kaistleoki, so far he met Hiero who was a charming wolf and Ira, a woman of command and no-nonsense. Connor was keen on making good impressions with every member he met, for he wanted good relations with the wolves around him so that they could work together better. The cinnamon wolf made his way through the territory with his joints moving smoothly as butter and his eyes sliding from left to right to check every inch he stepped with his ears swiveling towards any sound that came rolling into his ears. 

Connor was making a peaceful journey until a smaller wolf came into his view, but he had to squint his eyes to make sure that it was a wolf. The titan perked up, perhaps this was a packmate that he had yet to meet, so the man quickened his pace to a trot with a smile on his face. But he knew better than to sneak up on someone so he slowed to a stop as he was fast approaching her with his head tilting a bit to the side for he wondered what she was fiddling with, or if she was even fiddling at all. Connor practically towered over her even if he was at a bit of a distance, "hello," he began with a curious look, "my name is Connor, I um, I am new here and I was wondering if you need help with anything." His curious expression formed a little encouraging grin and he gave a small tail wag for he was excited to meet new wolves.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She was pretty focused on her work, so she didn't immediately notice his presence. When he spoke, she jumped a little but covered her surprise (hopefully) with a grin as she turned to look at him. Hey, nice to meet you Connor. I'm Speedy, she offered amiably as she took a few steps to close whatever distance was left between them. She noticed then that there were remnants of dried plant stuck to her fur in random places. It wasn't a totally uncommon thing for her, but he didn't know her and she supposed it made her look kind of like a slob. So she quickly shook them from her fur with a quiet chuckle and then spoke again. Sure, I always love help, she replied. I'm just going through my plants and getting rid of the stuff that has gone bad. She walked back over to the three piles she had made. The biggest is what needs to be sorted, the healer explained, pointing at the large pile dotted with brown and green. There was quite a lot left. She pointed to a smaller pile next, the contents of which appeared predominantly a dull green. These are still usable since they're still mostly green, she continued. Then she pointed to a slightly larger pile of dead, brown plants. She grimaced a little, her disappointment obvious. And these are too far gone to be of use to me anymore. Speedy looked back to Connor. I could definitely use some help sorting if you don't mind. She wouldn't blame him if he changed his mind; it was not a very fun task for most. She always enjoyed caring for her plants, but she knew not everyone felt the same.
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
It was obvious that he had caught the woman off guard to which he did feel bad about but he knew to apologize about it would be futile at this point. Connor remained calm and curious as the woman addressed herself as Speedy, and to be true to his polite nature, he gave a swift dip of his crown and craned his head back up to meet her gaze. The titan gave her a curt nod and a small wag of his snow-tipped tail as she accepted his offer of helping her with herbs and she didn't hesitate to jump right in to instruct him on what needed to be done.

Connor did his best to look interested and try to keep his focus on what she was saying for he wasn't an expert in the medical field. The medic was pointing out what needed to be sorted and how he could tell which needed to be tossed and what didn't. The man craned his giant head down to examine the herbs, it was common sense really to tell what was dead and what wasn't. Speedy expressed that she could really use the help and Connor tilted his head up to her and smiled, "it's no trouble at all!" He beamed and shifted his head back down to the task in front of him and began to sort the dead herbs in one pile and the more green herbs in the next.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Thank you so much, she said with a bright smile. She too began to work diligently beside him, letting a calm quiet settle between them for a bit. He seemed like a nice guy, especially offering to help her out with a task that probably wasn't interesting to anyone but her. Her curiosity about him won over after a few more quiet minutes, though. She dropped her current mouthful of dead herbs in the trash pile and then looked up at the giant. What brings you to Kaistleoki, Connor? she asked with a warm, curious smile. She wondered if his past had been as troubled as hers or if he had just been in need of a place for the winter.
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Sorry for the very late reply!

Connor beamed at the woman, he truly didn't mind helping his fellow packmates. He turned his muzzle back to his work, he didn't see this as a hindrance, in fact, he could use this knowledge of medicine to his advantage someday. Though he did have to admit, he didn't entirely know what he was doing for in some of his sortings, he had to pause and squint his eyes to check if the herb really was dying or of no use.

The woman then spoke to him asking what brought him to Kaistloki, he twitched his black-tipped ear, but he kept his eyes glued on his work. He knew how to multitask. "Well I guess I just wanted to find something to do, use myself to help others as much as I can," he replied as if he was telling a story. "But I guess that really isn't interesting," he chuckled to himself, giving a little amused smile.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
no apology needed <3

She worked quietly while she waited for his answer. Inspecting a few marigolds that seemed to straddle the line between being useful and being trash. Marigolds were some of her more important plants; they helped fight infection and even though she had collected many before the earthquakes started, she was starting to get dangerously low. After a few moments of serious consideration, she picked them up and placed them in the keep pile, deciding they still had some use left. 

She looked up from her work and smiled at Connor as he spoke. I don't think it's boring at all, she assured him. I think it's great that you want to help others. Kasitleoki was definitely lucky to have someone so willing to help. Is that what you like to do with your time? Help others? the healer asked. She wondered if he'd be interested in healing; he definitely seemed like the type.