Emberwood you get lost in the sauce, you become the sauce
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
All Welcome 
assuming they all stayed in/around the territory. :)

it'd been some time since bhediya had last seen @Easy. after her conversation with @Dauntless, she'd kept an eye out for anyone at the border, wondering if either child was planning to make their return. the only one left to reacquaint herself with was @Lavender; having learned about her mate and children, bhe doubted that she would be coming back to the teekon. the scout wandered the border while she thought, eyes peeled for any passer-bys.

awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Lavender had remained nearby after reuniting with Easy and Dauntless; she needed time to herself before committing herself to another pack. It was easier to manage her grief, knowing that Easy was nearby, but Lavender grew lonely at night. She often stayed awake late into the night, tossing and turning as she wrangled with her sorrow. When Lavender did sleep, all she saw was Huskarl; his memory haunted her. 

Sleep-deprived and bleary-eyed, she laid not too far from Uaine Gorsedd's border. Curled into a doughnut-shaped wolf, with her spine facing the nearby claim, Lavender stared blankly at a snow-covered tree—a suitable distraction, for now.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
siblings can still jump in, hehe

there was a vague figure in the distance, curled into a ball atop the snow. bhediya watched for a moment, wondering if she should approach. with the other two children, she hadn't recognized them; was this the third, hiding in plain sight?

the magician did not want to get her hopes up. instead, she released a soft chuff as she started a slow walk to the stranger's side.

awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
KhoeBhediya's presence was what finally stirred Lavender from her trance. Upon feeling her birthmother's presence, she slowly turned and caused the pile of snow that had gathered on her head to tumble down the back of her neck. Even though she donned her coyote-fur coat, the sensation chilled her to her bones. 

"H-Hi," Lavender offered meekly, as she looked to Bhediya with sad eyes. It did not take her long to recognize the wolfdog as her mother, and she was unsure of where this exchange would take them; Easy had already brought Lavender up to speed with everything that she had known.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
introductions wouldn't be necessary. i didn't expect to see you, bhediya said. she sat down where she stood, still a short distance away. i'm glad you're here, though. lavender was grown, no longer a girl, but had bhe not known this, she might have taken her for a yearling.

small, but not quite as small as her mother. she smiled and shook her head to keep from laughing. i don't really know what to say here. easy had taken charge of their meeting and dauntless.. neither interaction was particularly inspiring.

awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
"Same," Lavender agreed; Bhediya was the last wolf that she had expected to encounter. "It's been... a while," she hesitated then, her ears flattening, "A really long while—I hope that things have been well for you." Lavender's words lingered, holding a weight that she hadn't anticipated; there was so much that she wanted to say, but she failed to find the proper words. 

"I don't really know what to say here."—Bhediya admitted soon after, and Lavender laughed. It had been so long since anything had evoked the emotion from her. "I don't either," she admitted once she had composed herself, "How about you, uh, tell me a little more about this place?" Lavender regarded their surroundings with a glance; Easy had picked a beautiful home.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
neither seemed particularly interested in that conversation. bhediya was grateful for this; as lavender laughed, she allowed herself to do the same. this is uaine gorsedd, she explained, motioning for lav to follow her back to and beyond the border, uh, currently led by a girl named ibis. there's two others, aside from myself: kavik and awol.

what more could be said? the pack seemed relatively mundane, so she didn't think that excessive details were necessary. how was your trip back? bhe asked, wondering if they'd both made it okay. moreover, she wondered if lavender might be experiencing homesickness, being so far from her own family.

awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Hoisting herself weakly onto all fours, Lavender followed Bhediya's lead. Lagging at first, it took her some time to fall into step along with her mother. 

"Uaine Gorsedd," Lavender repeated thoughtfully, intrigued by the forgein-sounded name. "It's ... unique" she offered, not knowing what else to say; it was much different than what she was used to. As Bhediya mentioned her co-leaders, Lavender nodded as she attempted to commit the names to her memory. "Ibis, Kavik, and..." she hesitated, "...Aye-wal, was it?" Lavender's face scrunched at the sound she had just made, as she regarded Bhediya with a thin smile. "That's not right, isn't it?"

When asked about the trip back, Lavender saved Bhediya form the nitty-gritty details. "It was longer than I remember," she admitted. "Turns out I'm not in as great shape as I once was," Lavender could feel the coyote pelt upon her back slipping, and she paused mid-step and readjusted her coat. Once it was back in place, Lavender caught up to Bhediya quickly, her steps fueled by a sudden, unexpected spike of energy. 

"Is this what it's like getting older?" she wondered then, smiling to herself at the realization. "Like, being able to do something before, and then finding out you're no longer able to do it?"
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
close enough. bhediya knew that awol was a good man with admirable ambitions, but she enjoyed thinking of herself as his superior. lavender's mispronunciation reinforced this belief, earning a small smile and attempted shoulder bump. he's a real charmer.

continuing onward, the magician's ears twisted back as she listened to her child speak. she didn't like having to imagine her experiencing discomfort, but that's what was implied. do you need to rest? she asked, concern clear on her expression, there's plenty of places for you to do it, if you want. easy had insomnia, lavender was aging prematurely; bhediya could only imagine what plagued dauntless.

that's a part of it, she laughed, i'm not as old as you might think i am, though. bhe wondered if the children knew how young she'd been, how inexperienced...

awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Grinning, Lavender watched as Bhediya's shoulder-bumped her. Somehow, despite everything, their exchange felt natural.  Lavender could genuinely enjoy herself as no feigned feelings were involved.    "Ah, a charmer," she mused. "You'll have to introduce us— I enjoy the company of charmers." Huskarl had been a charmer, too. 

When Bhediya spoke of her concerns, Lavender shook her head. "Oh, no, I'm fine," she reassured her mother. "Actually, I'm feeling a little better now that I'm up and walking—I appreciate it, though..." Lavender trailed then for a moment, unsure of how to address her mother. "Thank you," 

Lavender's self-imposed, awkward interlude concluded as Bhediya remarked about aging. Pausing, she glanced at the wolfdog with a once-over; Lavender had never considered how old Bhediya actually was. Now, with some wisdom instilled within, she realized how young her mother looked. "I always assumed you were the same age as Dad," she replied, her words chosen carefully, as she stepped forward to resume their stroll.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
bhediya shook her head. grayday was old enough to be my father, she laughed, which is weird to admit. she'd never verified their age gap, but knew that it was significant. he'd had a pair of adolescents when they'd first met, whereas her litter had hardly opened their eyes. 

the magician didn't like to think about those things. all of her children were better off far from her reach, from her corruption. she would never be a good mother and while she loved each one in her own way, bhe knew that she couldn't love them in the capacity that they deserved.

she remembered easy mentioning lavender's children. bhediya wanted to ask where they were, but thought that she already knew the answer.

have you seen sunny? she asked, hoping to clear her mind. he's at easthollow. he wasn't in the best state, but she doubted that lav would mind. from what she could tell, the girl had grown into a woman worthy and representative of her namesake.