Haunted Wood i love it when serial killers have a fun little thing
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
she's on the hunt for yet another member she'd missed at the borders. she'd found @Hashut's trail quickly enough, though it's proving somewhat difficult to follow. she's not an exceptional tracker, having focused the majority of her energy on the training under black hat and other nightwalkers. it's her determination to find the man that keeps her going, until she decides she must be close enough. pausing, she tilts back her crown and issues a short howl for the man, peering into the wood where his trail leads as snow begins to fall from above.
Loner
81 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
He heard a feminine sounding howl and surely enough there was one when he went to check it out. "Yes?" She had summoned him so surely she wanted to ask something. So for now he patiently waited.
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
he answers promptly enough, and it is with a single-worded question that he greets her. gimlet stare traces him, missing the bare resemblance to the consort. "who are you?" comes her first question, offering a moment in which he may respond before following up with, "why did you join?" since her very first interrogation of Abbadon, she'd gotten better at asking the right questions. she is wary still, remembering the pale man's wordplay and determined not to let anything like it bother her as it had then.
Loner
81 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She was a curious one and rightfully so and he would do his best to answer whatever questions she would have. "My name is Hashut, I am Serems brother." Surely she knew her. "I joined to see what became of my other sister and to help my serem during her season once she told me she would be having pups in due time here." His nieces or nephews. He would teach them all he knew. "May I ask who you are?" He would play nice for now.
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
"so you're a babysitter?" she clarified, disdain clear on her features. she didn't see why he'd been accepted, really; he didn't seem particularly impressive. she supposed they needed someone to care for the young, though a male being involved with pups seemed novel; she, and all the other pups born in blackfeather, through some twist of fate had been raised without fathers. "hela," she offers after a moment.
Loner
81 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
He chuckled a bit. "No, that's her job. " he would not watch children who were not his maybe on occasion. "I came to make sure during her pregnancy she is fed due to a certain point she won't be able to strain herself. As well as teach my future Nieces and nephews all I know about survival etc."
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
her brow furrowed again. "no. she'd be their mother." was serem pregnant, then? she looked the same—though she doesn't suppose she would know what someone pregnant would look like. the disdain on her features fades, but she's still certain the new recruit isn't all that bright. "that's what a babysitter does. a teacher." 
Loner
81 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
He was not very sure about this whole thing. "Yes I'm aware." He said and now onto what she said next." I guess your then. Then yes." Was all he could he say to her, they weren't a talkative bunch and normally he would walk away
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
he's fairly dull, she decides, when ultimately he agrees with her. "can you fight, at least?" a critical examination reveals scars, most of which remain hidden beneath his fur, but she's come to learn you can have them and be a coward. she can hardly see Vengeance allowing a babysitter into their ranks, so he must have some other skill besides.
Loner
81 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Finally she changes the subject and it is one that Hashut can actually answer without sounding like a complete idiot. "Yes I can." Is how he responded. "I'm a bit rusty but can you? Perhaps we can spar." He should get a bit of practice in for the time being.
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
he reveals that he can, apparently. he ought to have led with that, the whelp muses, but remains silent on the matter. "fine." immidiately, after, she moves; a direct lunge towards the male's face, ready to snap her muzzle down should he try for her jugular, yet otherwise aimaing to snap at his own muzzle, cheek, ear; whatever presents itself.
Loner
81 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Without any warning besides a single word the female lunged towards his muzzle and luckily he was used to no warning and he moved out the way of her snapping jaws attempted to turn her attack towards his shoulder so he could attack her neck and possibly tackle her to the ground.
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
he slipped to the side; his shoulder seemed the easiest, but most obvious target. and so likely the worst idea; if something was offered easily it probably wasn't a good idea to take it. instead, she shifts her forward momentum, crashing sideways as she lunges for the side of his face; should she grasp it this time, she'd attempt to force it down into the earth.
Loner
81 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She didn't take the bait and he was impressed at her fighting skill and he watches as she lunges towards the side of his face and he feels her teeth grab hold of his muzzle as he sniffed in dirt and Hashut attempted to rear up and push her down with his paws
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
the male's head is wrenched to the dirt, but the rest of his body stays more or less upright. then he surges upward, her grip broken; but as she seeks to push her down from above he opens up his throat, chest. valuing those targets over getting out of the way, the warrior presses forward, aiming her fangs to sink into the soft underside of his muzzle, neck; if she lands her blow he will succeeded in pushing her down, but she will not relent her grip.

for a few moments longer they struggle, until the girl withdraws, auds pressed forward. his skills are commendable enough, she decides, and so she makes her goodbyes and sets off toward the inner territories.