Razorback Ridge bruises on both my knees for you
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
All Welcome 
Set for the 8th

Tundra. Aries. Wintersbane. And fainter but fresh, the smell of Rowan and his mother, his sister. 

Maegi was livid as she scented the edges of Courtfall's boundary.  

She prowled along the ridge, gazing down into the valley. The place where those once loyal to her had chosen to congregate. 

Why? She would have bled for them, any of them. She had led not from ambition but from a hope that a home could be made for all. And when the promise of that home had crumbled, she had found them another one. A stronger leader. 

And yet, they shirked it all. Left without warning, without word. 

Mahler must know this. He must know that the wolves of the vale were those of fickle loyalty, and furthermore, in a land of limited resources. . .they were too close for comfort. They would create conflict, trouble. It was Damien all over again. 

Maegi was sick, green with the worst of envy and rage. Her eyes flashed, raking along the valley. Would it be that Cicero's legacy in her fiery left eye could set it all ablaze.
super-adorable little shrimp
506 Posts
Ooc — Me
Maegi's faithful shadow was not too far behind her. Elfie had found a fresh trail left by his favourite person in Diaspora and with nothing better to do, he followed it diligently. Now that he was better, he tried to let his friend have her privacy more often and be more independent, but he was not ashamed to express, how very much he liked the girl, who had saved his life, and she always seemed happier to have him around.

He had got a little side-tracked along the way, because one of his daydream moments had wrapped his mind in it's soft haze and had him stand still for a good while, without realizing it. So, when he finally caught up with the trail and saw the familiar form of his friend ahead, he was a little agitated and out of breath. "Maegi!" he warned her about his presence and approached her with an amiable smile and wagging tail.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She turned, craning her neck to stare at Elfie's approaching form. Hey, there, she called out softly, smiling. The boy really did have a way of putting her in a better mood—to make her smile after feeling so low was a gift. She shifted to fully face him, brows slightly raised. Decided to come for a walk, too?

Maegi let loose an infinitesimal sigh, eyes returning to the valley. I'm glad you came to Diaspora with us, Elfie, she said fervently. It would be so lonely without you and Mou. I'm very thankful. Elfie had been loyal above nearly all others. He had already earned a special place in her heart; now, he was nearly at the very center of it.
506 Posts
Ooc — Me
Elfie did not know anything about Maegi's past, he had never cared to ask and it was not likely that his good opinion of the Blackfeather girl would change, even if he knew of the dark chaos and constant challenge her life had been. Love is blind and love does not question.

He stood there and saw a sincere smile whisk away that troubled look in her eyes. Joy filled his heart and made it whole, and he knew he would give anything for that moment to last. She was beautiful, perfection in his eyes, he was completely smitten with her and not the least embarrassed of it. 

"I am glad to be your friend," he walked to stand shoulder to shoulder with her to watch the valley she had been observing earlier. "What is down there?" he asked, wondering, why would Maegi come this far to look at a forest below.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She pressed her muzzle to his cheek as he spoke and held it there, smiling. Me, too, she agreed softly, and left it at that, pulling gently away. His question came and she chewed on it for some quiet moments, trying to piece together her sullen thoughts enough to create something coherent for Elfie. Internal anger rarely made a better argument outside one's head.

A pack called Courtfall, Maegi explained, jaw slightly clenched. Many of the wolves who once lived in Blackfeather Woods chose to leave the forest and go there, instead. Those who had been loyal to me, who I trusted. Loved. She shook her head. I don't understand why.

But yes, of course she did. She had been a deficient leader, lacking in physical prowess or cunning. The earth had trembled and terrible things had come, and they had left for greener pastures. But she had tried—oh! had she tried, and now with little to show for it.

Except Elfie. Elfie and Mou. The last of her cherished inner circle.
506 Posts
Ooc — Me
Elfie felt sorry for Maegi's loss and tried to come up with something meaningful to tell her. He had not yet been disappointed by friends or family (not that he could remember), he could not even imagine, how it could hurt, but he saw pain and sadness and wished to take it away.  

"Perhaps, they weren't true friends," he told her. "They did not know, what they lost, when they left you."  They had not understood, but he did. He would never leave her, if he could prevent it from happening.

Together the two of them returned to Diaspora, passing time in pleasant conversation.