Blacktail Deer Plateau i just took a DNA test: turns out, i'm 100% that bitch
12 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
The coast here was still far from habitable, even after time away. It was clear that whatever forces of nature had wreaked havoc on these lands were formidable enough to have long-lasting effects. While Artemis mourned the distance from the waves, she knew that carrying on was better than moping.

Action was better than wallowing in thought. This was an incontrovertible fact of life. 

But it was midwinter, and well past time to offer her services to a pack. Her mission had ostensibly failed. Her ribs were curved shadows along a grayscale pelt gone dull with hunger and fatigue. No wolf did well in the cold season on their own. 

Once she had reached this inevitable conclusion, Artemis stopped at the first border she found and gave a howl, standing proud but respectful just behind the boundary line. It was not so far from the sea, after all, and perhaps come spring. . .
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
More and more seemed to find their way to the plateau these days, which made the boy wonder: were other lands just as troubled as their own? Was the prey loath to return all across the region, to the point that it drove those in search of it to new homes? He wondered about it intently, wishing he could see all of the lands from the comfort of his own home. The thoughts plagued his mind as he left the heart of the territory for the outskirts, until they were wiped away clean by the familiar—and reoccurring—scent of the sea.

“Are you from the coast?” was the first question to leave his mouth as he made his approach, although he already knew the answer; yet to find anything that smelled close to the coast, he assumed all salt-infused smells came from it. “What brought you here?” he asked next, wondering if it was a home that she sought, too. The suspicion that, that was her reasoning for being there made him wonder all the more—why were so many suddenly coming from the shore?
Characters are more than welcome to mistake Aningan for a polar bear.
A snowy owl can also be noted hanging around with Aningan, usually in the trees or sky, unless stated otherwise in my posts.
12 Posts
Ooc —
The first to heed her call was a man, and to her mild surprise, carried himself like a leader. She knew cultures varied, but Artemis knew not whether she would ever be able to accept a male at the helm. It would always take her aback.

Nevertheless, she compartmentalized these feelings (saving them for later digestion) and gave the white wolf a businesslike nod, choosing her words carefully in response to his second query. 

Necessity, Artemis replied succinctly, then elaborated. A home, and like souls with it. Were these like souls? The scents of both sexes painted the border, nearly indistinguishable. This was a far cry from the land of her upbringing. 

She gave the man a level, cool stare, gauging his reaction. What do you call this place? she asked.
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Necessity drove her to seek out a home, though the criteria that followed wasn’t something he could say they met. “Like souls?” he questioned, seeking an elaboration. Everyone there seemed different to him, not a single one like another—save for the trio of sisters but, even amongst them, they differed so greatly from one another. But… maybe their differences didn’t matter too much for the stranger?

“This is Rusalka,” he answered, then followed it with a question of his own. “What do you call yourself?” If she wanted to stay there, he at least had to know her name (and some other stuff, too, probably—but Aningan still isn’t very good at interviews).
A snowy owl can also be noted hanging around with Aningan, usually in the trees or sky, unless stated otherwise in my posts.
12 Posts
Ooc —
Artemis nodded, feeling a little irritated that he couldn't grasp what she meant. That must be a warning sign, right? After all, any like soul would be on her wavelength. 

Wolves of honor, who guard and care for their own, she explained briefly. I can protect and provide for Rusalka. The name felt oddly at home on her tongue: a good omen to counter all the bad.

I am Astrateia, the woman continued, giving, as always, her warrior name. No one outside the chambers of her heart would call her otherwise. And you?
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
When she spoke of seeking out those that protected their own, Aningan could almost immediately feel himself liking her just a tad bit more; he wasn’t yet comfortable, that would take time, but she at least seemed like someone that could be trusted. “You’ll help protect wolves that you just met?” he asked, more curious than skeptical. It didn’t seem too far-fetched—but it made him wonder more about her, and what made it easy for her to adjust just like that to a new home and group of individuals.

“I’m Aningan,” he introduced, following her own. He was pretty sure he would struggle with her name the first few times, not that he said anything about it—that would be weird.
12 Posts
Ooc —
What was he getting at? Of course she would. Was there ever a pack in which you could take freely without giving back? Not in her experience, there wasn't. 

Of course, Artemis replied, her tone smooth and low. If I pledge myself to a pack, I am obligated to serve them. Each and every one of them.

And if problems should arise. . . Ah, well: a bridge to be crossed upon arrival. 

She bowed her head slightly. A pleasure to meet you, Aningan, she said. Do I have your blessing to join Rusalka? Her tone was serious; internally, she guffawed. Imagine!—seeking approval from a man to live a life of worth. This must change, and soon.
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
When the woman spoke of serving the pack, his brows knitted together with visible confusion: was that how other packs worked, with the members serving it? “You don’t have to serve us,” he said, wondering now more than ever about where it was she came from. “We all work together to take care of each other. You’ll be a part of that.” How she worded it prior made him feel as if they would be taking advantage of her—and he didn’t like that feeling, not one bit.

She questioned whether or not his blessing was given—he found her choice of wording to be strange, unfamiliar, but didn’t linger on it for too long. Nodding, he answered with: “Angittuk, you can join.” Another new face to recognise, another new wolf to familiarise himself with; he was equal parts nervous and excited. “I can show you around if you want?” he offered, remembering how Rosalyn had done the same. If she did it, then he should, too.

Despite what her answer may have been, Aningan took it upon himself to at least show her the more common aspects of the territory. Once well into the heart of the land, he left her to her own devices, permitted to explore and investigate at her own pace.