Hoshor Plains The Calvary has arrived, but it's just one guy.
Big Man, Walking In The Park
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Private 
@Ira C:

The pack meeting had newcomer Connor in a twist, he felt the aura of pain of each member during that conference, and he wanted to make a difference. The titan was the type that helping others gave him the dopamine that he craved, assisting made him feel good about himself, it made him feel like he was worth something. Back in the mountains of Colorado, aiding others was everything, he was told from time to time that even if it looks like someone doesn't need help, you should lend your paw anyway. The titan didn't see that ideology as a bad thing, the more teamwork, the more tasks get done so they don't get left in the dust since Connor was a hard worker, he wanted to do anything within his ability to do so.

The cinnamon male first met the headstrong leader with Hiero, she had the ability to command like it was nothing and like she was doing it her whole life, Connor was fond of those who seem to have their head in the game all the time but he was a jokester at heart. The man did have to admit that she looked like she needed to loosen up a bit, then again, she was under a lot of stress due to the fact that the previous count had to step down due to an injury. The large man traveled to the river where he first met Ira, perhaps she was there? He wanted to demonstrate to her that he was true to his word and that he is the type that is determined to get things done, but he knew deep down that he didn't need to prove anything to anyone.

Connor's gaze swept the area where he stood, his coal tipped paws were at the bank of the river with a curious expression on his face as he wondered where she could be.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Many knew that when the Count was not patroling she could be found resting near the river. It was this common knowledge that made the newcomer's presence less than a surprise. Golden orbs followed the man as he moved to the river, head craning as if he was looking for something. Ira let out a boof to redirect his attention to the rocky outcrop she had made into a temporary den. It really wasn't much but it was better than sleeping completely in the open.

You're looking for something, perhaps I can assist? Chances were he was here for her. The only other reason to be searching the river bank would be in hopes of a meal, but fishing with snow on the ground was something only a truly desperate mad man would do.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
The man's ears swiveled to the sound of Ira's call followed by his head swinging towards her with his eyes alert and his eyebrows raised in surprise, but this expression would be short-lived. Connor's emerald gaze lit up with delight as a smile peeled onto his lips, he knew that she would be here somehow even if they only met once but it was worth a shot. The Count stood at a makeshift den which is where she made the call so Connor was more than happy to come to her, and with his tail slightly wagging in greeting he swiftly trotted up near her. The titan gave a swift dip of his head out of respect for his leader with a beaming look on his face, the Count asked if she could be of assistance if he was looking for something or someone.

"Actually, I was looking for you," he was just happy that he, well, she found him quick so that he didn't have to search the whole territory. But the cinnamon man needed to get serious for a moment, his ecstatic expression slowly turned into one of sympathy and sincerity. "I was there at the meeting when you announced the whole you taking the position of Count and how the previous count was injured and how Kaistleoki had been through some rough patches and how you all had to move homes because of some terrible accidents." The man didn't want to step on her toes and shoehorn himself into this headstrong but he couldn't help it, his heartstrings were being dragged just by explaining the story. To make this easier on himself, the man gave her a determined expression, "you said that you will be sending scouts to go back to your old home to check if everything is okay and I was wondering if I could be one of those scouts, I did say that I could scout." He blinked, "and not to toot my own horn here but uh, I'm pretty good at it," he casually shrugged, he really didn't come off as arrogant, or at least want to.

Connor realized he was exciting himself internally a bit too much, his steadfast expression turned into one of slight embarrassment with a nervous grin, "sorry," he chuckled, "I know I am new and haven't experienced what your pack has experienced and I really don't think this is a game at all, I assure you." The titan gave an apologetic look to the Count, "I just want to help as much as I can because I get joy out of it... If that makes sense.." He gave himself a brief confused look as if he was trying to calculate something but this would be abrupt, "I can go right away," he swiftly lit his eyes up again with excitement and encouragement. "Or whenever..." The titan's eyes slide back and forth swiftly like he was unsure of something, but most importantly, needed to back up a bit, he didn't want to step all over the Count and her decisions
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The Count waited for the man to finish. At first she expected the conversation to take a different turn, somewhere between their health or perhaps that she too should not lead, but instead the topic was direct to their old lands. In all honesty, she planned to wait until the snow had cleared to assess what was left of the woods.

Nevertheless, it was good to see even one of their newer recruits jumping at the chance to help. But perhaps he was too quick, I believe you, I'd be concerned of your motives if you found this to be a game. I can say I am not the only one excited to leave the plains, but I fear a fair assessment is impossible with winter in full swing. Perhaps they would be lucky and the winter would be short, but the mountain wolf was no expert when it came to the weather.

I can't stop you from leaving now, but your efforts could be wasted. If you still wish to assess the damage when spring nears, I'd be happy to include you in that group.
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
The giant man listened to what the Count said with a nodding head and his gaze respectful. He completely understood what the woman was telling him, her concerns about the snow were completely valid however Connor did know a lot about the snowy weather and how dangerous it could be. However, he was a mountain boy and that is the only field he is an expert in, he didn't really know how the snow conditions would work in the plains and he could only assume that it would work the same in the mountains, but he had his doubts. The cinnamon man was glad that Ira understood that he was taking this as seriously as he could, he will admit that he would get excited about exploring and helping out others since it gives him that sweet dopamine in return for his good deeds.

The Count offered that he could go on the expedition team and to this Connor wagged his tail a bit to show his gratitude, he didn't want to overstep his boundaries. "Thank you miss," he dipped his crown with a smile with his eyes beaming, and as he craned his head back up to her, the man gave her a determined look with his emerald gaze. "I would be happy to be put on that team and use my skills to aid in the move of Kaistleoki," he said with a curt nod, but there was more if he was going to be in this pack, he needed to get to know his leader a little better first now that he had her attention.

"Now that I got that off my chest," he sighed with a slight playful chuckle, "do you mind if I ask you a few questions?" He looked at Ira with a curious and polite expression on his face as he sat back on his haunches like a child waiting for story time.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
sorry for the long wait I've been putting trade and joining threads at priority when I have time to post :(

Connor seemed more than happy to be included in the search party. Truthfully she was still building the list to go so his offer was a blessing. Even if he was new to the pack it was a kind offer to throw his services so willingly to a group he had yet to form a strong connection to. It was the type of wolf she hoped each new face at the border yearned to be.

The roan wolf thought that might be the end of the conversation, but the cinnamon man remained standing before her. Before she had a chance to ask what else he might be wondering, he continued asking if he was allowed to ask some questions. His demeanor was a tad odd to her, especially given the question. It reminded her of those who gossiped around her growing up, but she'd shrug the feeling off for now. I suppose I do have the time. What answers do you seek?