Blacktail Deer Plateau got a little woman. found her in an old bar
3 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
This had to be the worst few months of Manny's life. It was just one thing after the other! First the earthquakes, then all the herds decided to run off to god knows where. And when he thought things couldn't get any worse, the whole pack just turned on him. Tossed him out like trash while saying it was "in his best interest". Well, that was a nice way of saying "we hate you. fuck off." Honestly he should've seen this coming, he was the infamous, smooth-talking troublemaker after all.

Didn't matter if he expected it or not, he still ended up out here. All alone and practically starving. There was no way he'd survive on scraps through winter. He needed a place to crash, at least till some decent food came back.

So that's how he ended up near a border that night. It was strange being so close to a group other than the one he was so used to. Oh well, he'd get used to the new folks eventually, if they were to let him in that is. Manny raised his head and sent out a howl.
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
When the male unleashed his voice, Aningan was near enough to respond with ease; already crossing into the pack’s outskirts as he decided to patrol, all it took was a slight change of direction to deposit him before the other male. Unlike many that appeared before him, this stranger lacked the salty sting of the ocean on his coat; he wasn’t sure if he should appreciate his disconnect from the shore or be wary of it, given recent visitors. Well, either way—

“Who are you?” he asked, feeling like a broken record. “Are you looking for a home?” A bold assumption, he realised soon after, but he did not take it back. If this guy followed the theme of the day, he would be looking to stay—although, he technically already broke the pattern by being male.
Characters are more than welcome to mistake Aningan for a polar bear.
A snowy owl can also be noted hanging around with Aningan, usually in the trees or sky, unless stated otherwise in my posts.
3 Posts
Ooc —
The speed on which his call was answered was a bit startling. One moment he was alone, enjoying the cool nights breeze and the other there was some dude standing before him, already asking questions.

Damn dude, no 'hello' first? Ok that was definitely not how you talk to a guy in charge. This was the kind of stuff that probably got him kicked out from his previous pack. Manny smiled and chuckled, maybe that would excuse his inappropriate response.

My bad man. Name's Emmanuel, but you can call me Manny. And yeah, I'm lookin' for a place to stay.
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Damn dude, no 'hello' first?

Aningan’s brows knitted together, processing what was said. Had he forgotten to greet the other male? He thought back to the seconds prior and realised the missed portion of the conversation but thought it too late to add it now; he assumed the other male moved passed it already, too, based on the smile and laughter. All was good, then, he was pretty sure now.

“I’m Aningan,” he said back. “How’d you find our home?” Why do you want to stay here? he wanted to ask, too, but didn’t. After playing the question over in his head, he was pretty sure it didn’t sound the greatest—and he was working on being less blunt in these situations.
A snowy owl can also be noted hanging around with Aningan, usually in the trees or sky, unless stated otherwise in my posts.
3 Posts
Ooc —
Ah y'know. I was just walkin' around. Smelled your border, decided to check it out. Honestly, what kind of question was that? How else would he find it, word on the street? Actually that was a plausible idea. Wolves always liked to talk up their packs with potential recruits. The more helping hands they got the better.

Alright, imma cut to the chase. I'm here cause pickings have been pretty slim and I need somewhere stable to stay. He realized how unsavory that may sound to a recruiter, so he added, But dont't worry, I ain't no freeloader. I'll do whatever needs to be done around here as long as I don't—y'know—starve. Seemed like a fair trade to him! So how about it, Aningan? Sound good to you?
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Another to happen across them by chance alone; he wondered if that meant that everyone meant to return had done so already, the word of travellers gone from the wilds. Whatever the case, he took note of how he appeared there but made no further comments in regards to it.

Then came the blunt remarks.

The male answered questions Aningan didn’t even ask—perhaps some that he wouldn’t ask, too. He wanted a place to stay, somewhere that he could live and work and all he asked for in exchange was to not starve. Seemed easy enough; although the herd was reluctant to return, the stream that cut through the territory was full of fish, easy to pick out. “Okay, sounds fair,” he said after processing everything. “Do you want me to show you around?” Rosalyn offered the woman from before time to be shown around, so he figured he should offer the same to this guy.

Whether the offer was accepted or not, Aningan found himself leading the other male through the territory anyways. Along the course of their trek, he would show him various key points of the territory, where caches and the rendezvous site were. After which, the Inuk left him to his own devices, granting him time to familiarise himself better with his new home.