The Heartwood little bird
thoughts, they are like restless beasts in my head
time, it slowly kills me in my cold bed
· TW gore/yell
266 Posts
Ooc — mista
Private 
Fuck, he growls—a click of his tongue follows after.
The Wayfarer hasn’t slept a restful wink; leave it to drunken swaying in a forest of ash and cinders to beat him down where none could with teeth and claw. Injuries of recent brawls cut into his skin, yet none hinder him like this.
He lifts his right paw. A thorny twig lay jammed in the bottom of his pad—deep from the weight of a step pressed into it.
4 Posts
Ooc —
Somewhere in the dead, darkened forest, a twig snaps; elsewhere, a wayward princess startles and jumps nearly out of her skin. Sleep has not come easily for the travel-worn sylph, and now that she hears the shuffling and cursing of another in the distance, she knows it will be impossible. Her heart beats fast as she rises, turning slowly toward the sound as if in a dream. The scent of blood reaches her first as she crosses through the cold, long-burned forest, well before she glimpses shadowy red through the blackened corpses of trees. She soon finds that this is no dream; the massive creature among the dead trees can only be something out of a nightmare. At least, that's her first thought. Her heart stops for a moment as her steps halt, and her eyes go wide as she takes in the sight of him — a wolf, not some monster of the night. Then she notices his paw, lifted unnaturally as if he cannot bear to put weight on it. He's hurt, she thinks past the fog of fear, and then she's speaking before she can stop herself. I-I can help.
written by xynien
· TW gore/yell
266 Posts
Ooc — mista
He leans to his left; his shoulder collides with the skeletal remains of a tree. Once sturdy, yet now it groans and crumbles underneath the yearling’s touch, as if it would collapse if he rest a hair more.
The ruddy boy twists his muzzle, about to attempt plucking the annoyance from his paw when he hears the hushed footfalls. He freezes. Jaw relaxing back to its place as he tenderly places the paw towards the ground. His champagne eyes eventually stare off, finding the shadowed figure.
Eerie in the way it makes his spine tingle. The cogs in his mind tick into motion. Something about this is familiar in a way he doesn’t like.
It clicks when he hears her voice.
Thought you never wanted to help me again. His lips peel back, curling upwards at the corners.
4 Posts
Ooc —
Confusion floods her as the other wolf speaks, and her fear intensifies. I-I'm sorry, I don't t-think we've met, Ever the quivering, stammering disappointment, she struggles to get the words out. If her father could see her now, he might even shed a single tear from those stony eyes of his; he'd always been so certain that independence would harden her. Or at least, it'd seemed that way to her. He must have threatened her with it a thousand times. She takes in a breath, fighting to compose herself. He's not here, she tells herself as she struggles with her fears, and I'm no one's disappointment now.
written by xynien
· TW gore/yell
266 Posts
Ooc — mista
He wonders how many times she’s thought of how she ought to have left him to die—at the time, he wouldn’t have argued with it. Akin to a flame being snuffed out, that day is when hope died.
Forget about me already? He snaps, stepping forth uncaring of the damage it does to his paw. You forget all about him too? The anger boils up, thinking of the windwalker's last breath uttering her name.
4 Posts
Ooc —
He steps forward, snapping at her with more words she doesn't quite understand. H-him? She cowers, cringing away even more violently than she always had at the first flash of scarlet in The Pit. She's never been able to stomach violence, or the threat of it, but somehow it feels different when it's directed at her. More cutting. Tears sting her eyes, and she urges herself to think, to remember —
You — Her voice falters, and she tries again. The P-pit. You were there — you — You're the one. The reason he stayed, the reason he died. I will never forget him. Her voice breaks on the last word. The tears come then, but not from fear.
written by xynien
· TW gore/yell
266 Posts
Ooc — mista
It grows, near enough now to overflow from the pot as the anger continues to boil within him. What is he going to do though? Beat sense into the girl? He’d be no better than his keepers, but that’s just it; he’s never been, and never would be. There is no redemption.
He snorts, exhaling slowly as he deflates. Each sharp edge of his face flexed in irritation, of anger and sorrow and grief. Jealousy eats at his soul for she can cry so openly about it, when he’s yet to shed tears since the first they fell in the Pit that awful night.
They lost someone irreplaceable.
If not to find him and take vengeance then—Why are you here.
4 Posts
Ooc —
She blinks rapidly to clear the tears away, reminding herself of who she is; a daughter of kings and queens, royal blood flowing through her veins. Queens never cried. But I'll never be a queen, will I?
Mostly dry-eyed now, she forces herself to answer the question. I... there was nothing left for me in Dynverther, and the Empire sickened me, She takes a step back, hoping to calm her still-racing heart. I'd hoped for a new beginning. Not a ghost from the past.
written by xynien
· TW gore/yell
266 Posts
Ooc — mista
To think she came here from her cushioned life as a princess, frolicking alone in the muck like a commoner. He finds it humorous she’s got the gall—some part of him knows he ought to be thankful she isn’t like the rest of the royal lot, but the stench never changes.
In the end, she’d never understand what it’s really like.
He barks a laugh, rough and lacking true mirth.
Bunch of fucked up fools they are, if they think they can run off to some god forbidden place without the loom of Rothskel. He’s run this far, and yet he can never escape his past. That’s what he learned the moment he set eyes on Ghost. And now she’s here, haunting him in a way the windwalker couldn’t quite.
New beginning, he huffs, shaking the end of his muzzle. Life that kind to you, Princess?