Tuktu Weir unusual and unraveled
time falls like moonlight
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 
Miriam, was not sure what she was looking at. The Maiden was making her way through the land she had not ventured to yet, and was hoping to make her way back to the beaches. Though stopped by a few other events, another had appeared before her. She was not sure what this structure was, as she did not know of the creatures around the area. The word beaver was not in her dictionary, and was not within the Orchid, nor' near. 

Unaware what it was, the wolf could only peer around in questioning, absolutely puzzled by this, just as she was by a coconut on a previous year. She was across it, watching the wood blockade while Miriam stood by the little lake, hoping if she stared enough, maybe an answer could surface.
41 Posts
Ooc — Mar
tag for visibility

Jasper was eager to travel further, in the direction his parents had told him to go. He wanted to see the Caldera his parents had lived and he wanted to meet the wolf he was named after. He decided to scout ahead perhaps for a meal for him and his sister @Dhalia. He wasn't really worried of losing his sister, they would always find each other. And of course, the young male made sure that he wouldn't roam too far. He wanted to keep his nose to the ground but his eyes kept being distracted by something else he hadn't seen before. 

When he reached a lake he was eager to have a drink. He lapped up the water until he saw something moving from the corner of his eye. He was instantly alert but then saw that there was another wolf. His eyes widened for a moment. Exciting. It was a grey female, perhaps she knew something of these lands! Jasper let out a chuff and then quirked up his lips into a grin. Drops of water falling from his chin. "Good day," he greeted, his parents had taught him to be polite. The female looked amazed for some reason, his eyes followed her glance. The beaver dam? There wasn't really anything special about that?
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Miriam was perplexed, and studying what it could be. She could not see her fellow wolves, able to make a structure near the water surface without a few incidents.. It almost made her sad, if the theory was to be true, she would fear who would thought of the idea. Though intriguing, simply looking from afar would not grant an answer with her curious mind, and only could guess on it. She debated, to go near..

Though thoughts disrupted, as a golden wolf came by and gave the maiden a little shock as she was not expecting anyone near. He was not hostile to her relief, and gave a friendly smile with a greeting. She felt flushed, and her little paws felt hot to the cold ground, almost burning. While trying to remain calm in her more animated denemour, Miriam dipped back politely just as she was taught, "...Hello," her soft voice greeted back, but in a whisper that almost couldn't be heard.
41 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Jasper watched her with a curious glance as the female seemed to notice him. The male flashed her a charming smile when she greeted him. At least, it sounded like a greeting but her voice was so soft. His ears swiveled forward to hear her voice better, but she said nothing afterwards. He realized that he was probably going to need to do the talking here if he didn't want the silence to last longer. The male's eye fell on the structure behind the female.

"Why were you looking so curiously at the beaver dam?," he asked curiously. "Oh shi-- Were you hunting? My bad!," he stated. No wonder she spoke so softly probably still in hunter mode. The male never really tried to hunt beaver before. On land perhaps, but he was not fan enough of water to dive after them. Then again, he didn't know the behaviors of the wolves in this region. He remember how different each pack was they stay with. They all had their own customs.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"..Beaver dam?" Miriam softly tilted her head in a mild confusion, as she looked at the earl with curious, starry eyes, wondering on the words he had spoken. She had not heard of what a beaver was, and only continued with confusion as he had mentioned the word of 'hunting.' Were they creatures just as herself? A prey for the wolves? She was aware of the Goddess having many creatures disposed within the world, and many she had yet to reach her ears, perhaps these 'beavers' were one.

Miriam softly clarified, "I do not know what that is. What are they?" She innocently asked the stranger, a slight sparkle within her wispy gaze as a thirst for knowledge came to be.
41 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Jasper tilted his head a bit as she seemed confused about it. Then his assumptions weren't correct. She had not known what it was instead of being quiet and hunting them. "Ah, I see," he spoke and flickered his tail for a moment. "Well, beavers are animals we can eat, but they are not as easy to hunt since they live underwater or underground. They are brown of color and have a strange flat tail. What you see there is how they build their nests. They have long front teeth and chew small logs and twigs to then drag it into the water. Their nest often create a blockade in the water, hence why it is called a beaver dam." Jasper explained to the female in calm tones.

His pale blue eyes took in her lithe and grey form to see if she understood. To then smile at her. He could always take example from his father who had always been calm and kind with explaining things. Jasper had seen many things already in his one year life as they had always been on the move. Always another home or new customs he had to learn.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Earnestly listening, the maiden calmly wathed his blue eyes and dark facial mask as he went on to explain what was not understood within her own small, naive world. She was interested in what was seen, for she only knew of ducks that desired to live within waters and around for the fish, or the large rat-like creatures swimming within the reeds. Miriam originally thought of them, but they were not ones to chew on the small logs. Fascinating, she thought, and tipped a head of gratitude, "Thank you." She was not without manners, "I been unaware of their.. Existence, but I hope to see them." she admitted.

"I am Miriam, Miriam Iris Willows." Politely, the pale lady introduced herself, with another small tip of the head as she spoke on her name in a delicate, and soft mannerism, perhaps too whispery for her own good.
41 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Jasper felt himself lift his chin a bit in pride as the female was listening to him. He dipped his head down as she thanked him. "You are welcome," he spoke, ending with a hum. He liked that he could tell her about things she didn't know. "Perhaps they aren't common here? I believe they are mostly active at dusk and dawn," he spoke thoughtfully. He wasn't entirely sure if they were active all through the night or just at dusk and dawn. Oh well, he had no time to really wait for them to appear.

"Oh, nice to meet you!," he spoke amicably. He totally forgot to introduce himself. "I'm Jasper. Jasper Elwood Rochester," he introduced. He looked at her reaction to see if she knew the name Elwood. Perhaps she could bring him to the location of the man he wanted to meet. He twitched his ears when he taught her heard his sister call but it was nothing. "Are you with a pack?," he asked curiously.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"Rare?" She said, wishing to reconfirm his words. Though day was still afoot, if she desired to see the so-called toothy beavers, Miriam would need to wait for quite a few hours. She was a bit willling to do so, as her time was not spent anywhere else, nor' needed at the moment, "Quite a bit of time before then." She said, her white eyes craning to the bright sky, before looking back to his baby blues.

"It is nice to meet you, Jasper." He too had a rather long-ish name, as there has been a few wolves which did not harbor a middle, nor a last name such as themselves. Did it vary from wolf to wolf? Was it a culture issue, some did, some did not? The sheltered Miriam was far too curious, but not enough wolves she has seen to answer the various of questions, despite a rather unknowingly curious look she held back on asking.

"I am not. I am.. A bit new here," she couldn't say totally new, for Miriam came back, left, and continued the cycle for around, three times, she supposes? "Are you?" She assumed he was familiar with the area, knowing of knowledge she had no aware of. The lilac wolf was thankful for the information, and was interested to where he had come from. She did bare interactions with the Packs in the neighborhood, meeting one- which she had embarassingly ran away from in the end. If they were still around, she had desired to apologize- for the little lady grown just a bit since then.
41 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Jasper dipped his head at the female in answer. It was a long time to wait for the beavers to appear. He had seen them quite a few times so was not as interested in the beavers as, for example, other wolves that lived here. "I am not familiar with this area yet, so I don't know if they are common or not," he returned to her. He would probably not wait around to see the beavers unless she would find that impolite of him. He had a mission to find the pack and the male that he was named after.

He had been disappointed slightly when she hadn't reacted to his middle name. So she didn't know an Elwood then. As she spoke, she confirmed his suspicion. She was new to this area and it was clear to assume that she didn't know Elwood, or the Caldera pack. "I'm new as well. My sister and I left our mother and father to travel to the lands, Teekon, where they used to live. They lived in a pack called the Redhawk Caldera. It was ruled by Fox and Peregrine, and Elwood and Finley. I was named after Elwood!," he spoke.

'It is our first time on our own. But we are experienced travelers, don't worry," he grinned, rather charmingly. "We are on our way to find them." Jasper gave her a curious look. "Do you have a mission?," he asked curiously. She seemed sweet, but she was so quiet. He wasn't really used to wolves being quiet as his sister and him were rather loud and boisterous.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
A nod of understanding, albiet a bit disappointed but it was a situation that could not be helped, especially if neither had known the area. However Miriam was thankful toward the golden man, for the knowledge she had gained to what laid across the lake. She had met a few socialable wolves while travelling through the coast, but it had been some time since the wispy maiden had met one so bright, and warm. He felt like the sun.

"I do not know much of the wolves of these lands," she admitted, "I am a sole traveller." While the other had a companion that was a sister, Miriam came alone. It wasn't a lonely adventure she thought, as witnessing a new land within her white eyes was an excitment to it's own. Sometimes it was nice, to meet another within the newly found area, such as one as Jasper. A hope to continue onwards, with the exploration and socialibity of finding new wolves and new terrians. While also interested in Packs, she had not found many, nor' knew. Approached one many moons ago, the lady embarassingly fled in shame for a request to see his territory. That was the only pack she interacted with, and to this day the name was unknown. Redhawk Caldera, was another name that did not dip into her memories. Though he had a strong connection to the claim.

Despite the younger age, he held experience that surpassed Miriam's, and beamed with confidence upon his 'mission' to seek them out. In a way, she had one, "Yes." Though more of a thoughless adventure, to say the least, "I desire to see- everything." A simple but bold claim the soft dame claimed, truly wishing upon it. Determined she was, it was to be uphold she would see everything. All that this land had, she would see discover it all.
41 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Jasper felt bad for her being out here all on her own. The protector in him was instantly worried. A girl, all on her own? Perhaps she would be safe but a lone wolf always had it tougher. His dad had taught him that. That was why his family always joining packs because there was safety in numbers. "Don't you feel lonely, all on your own?," he asked curiously. 'And, what if you are in trouble? You would have no one to protect you," he spoke. His family, or his father, had always been very traditional. The male would protect and take care of the family. So for him it was wild that she was exploring all on her own.

His eyes widened at her mission. "Oh-wow, that is a lot," he commented but it was perhaps a good mission to have. She didn't want to settle and that made her more interesting. "But would you never settle down in a pack? Or would you just be nomadic? My parents lived a nomadic life with us," Jasper explained to her. "We would teach wolves of the pack we stayed at about healing and medicine, and we never really stayed longer than a month. I don't... I don't recommend it," he admitted then. "But everyone has their own thing," he quickly added, wanting to stay polite.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"Sometimes," Miriam admitted. She grew up surrounded by protective and caring wolves within the Orchid. All together, none alone, but they were secluded from others. While open in arms, they were not ones to seek out what was around them, and preferred to stay within their lil sanctuary, with the protection of their Goddess, "but I meet many who dilute the feeling, like you." While at times, lonliness crawled forth, she has, and would meet many that would make the feeling sulk away. Though.. He was right, "I do not know, until that time comes." Fighting was a very limited experience she had, and had not learned. Instinct was the only one that the Maiden held, and thankfully the issue never approached. There would be a day though, it will creep up on her.

"One day," she Miriam started, "I would like one, a home, a family and friends," she would never deny that, but her 'mission,' was put ahead of the desire, "but I am young. There is time." Her second winter had come, and she had many more seasons to venture through. During the travels, she would 'live, laugh and love,' perhaps scorn and cry. An adventure, she oh so desired, and at the end of it all, a home could come forth.

"They sound very nice," not many would do such a kind act such of him and his parents, but it seemed Jasper did not enjoy the life, "then do you desire to a permanent residence?"
41 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Jasper felt bad hearing that she felt lonely sometimes. But then she continued about the loneliness would be cured by meeting others including him. The male offered her a dashing smile. "I'm glad I am helping you feel less lonely then," he spoke. However, now it would make him feel guilty for leaving her later. He disliked that she didn't have a plan for if she would get attacked. Then she would need to learn how to fight or to run quick so she would be able to flee. "By the looks of it you are quick?," he offered. He was not as quick as he had a big body to transport.

Jasper agreed. He was thinking about it the same way. He was young and ready to explore the world. He was especially eager to find out what lifestyle he liked or what suited him. "I don't know since I never had one," she admitted to her. "I am curious what it is like to have a home for a longer time. Now I only know how you are always treated like a stranger, every time there were different rules, and once you were starting to become part of a pack we would leave again," he spoke. "I am not sure I like that lifestyle or perhaps I will appreciate it after staying in one place for a while. I don't know. I hope to find out," he said.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
A light smile of gratitude to the sun-child, that soon followed with a small nod, "I would like to think so." She wasn't much one for strength, though Miriam likes to think her stamina surpasses a few, and excels more on speed with her wispy body. Though she would think, that one would have difficulty running away from a battle upon being tackled. She still prays to her Lady Goddess, that the chance will never come..

"I understand why you would want to find a home." She commented softly, a look of pity flashing across her face. Miriam had stayed in one place majority of her childhood, and had those friends and family, however Jasper was another story. She couldn't imagine how it must be felt, to find friends, only to be torn away. His parents meant good, she thought, but it wasn't good for him

"I hope we both find what we are looking for, in these wilds."
41 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Jasper smiled softly and then nodded. He was curious about having a home for longer but he kept an open mind because perhaps he would get bored when staying in the same place for a long time. He did dislike the bit op pity in her eyes. He shook his head lightly at it. "Who knows," he just returned. He was mostly excited to meet the wolves that knew his parents.

"I hope so too. So if I would leave you now, will I ever see you again?," he asked curiously. The female wanted to see everything while he was looking for the Caldera folk and wanted to settle. It didn't sound that their lives or a friendship would be compatible. "Perhaps howl sometime, maybe I am in the area,' he grinned. He would be curious how her mission would be going.
317 Posts
Ooc —
Away
end?

"If fate lets it happen." Miriam would like to see the golden boy again, perhaps if her Goddess would let fate intertwine once more. Though their paths, their goals, differed, for one had the aim for his home- but she, wished to see it all before home would find herself again. For now home would be astray, a place she did not desire to find just of yet, unlike Jasper who had searched, and was seemingly done with the lonesome travels. She could see why- but urned for the world too much to pass.

"I hope we meet again," she smiled.
41 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Jasper knew he had to press on but his conversation with Miriam had been pleasant so he was sad to see it end. He dipped his head. "I hope so too," he spoke in return to the female. He gave her one last smile before he would turn around into the direction he came from. He would try and find his sister to see what she had been up to. He wondered if a wandering soul like Miriam would ever cross his path again.

- end-