Horizon Ridge Flouride mouthwash
137 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
All Welcome 
Nothing was living up to Chip's standards. Nightwalkers—she still cringed at the name—had been a complete bust. And now she was just out here wandering all willy-nilly. It was stupid. She was sick of following other wolves around on their high horses. Maybe it was time for her to get on a high horse and ride it around. Yes, that's what she'd do. Chip was going make this little patch of land hers, even if it took her a lifetime to accomplish it.

Strutting around like she owned the place (which she felt she did), she pissed on the ground every few hundred paces. In between that, she rubbed herself on the trees, dug at the ground, and rolled when convenient. This was going to be her year. She was sure of it. Maybe she could finally follow in her older sister's famed footsteps.
81 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Well this place was a dump. A smashed slab of rock. Dried up tide pools, or pools full of gross water. Still, the forest was nice, and the whole place overlooked the ocean. Somehow, it felt too far away from the actual water for Strand, but it was still part of the coastline, and therefore she liked it well enough. Plus, it belonged to her. This whole coastline did. Once, she had thought only the island that had birthed her belonged to her. Now, no longer. Now, she traveled the entire coastline, bothered by no one, or almost no one, for everyone had moved inland or otherwise left in her absence from the Teekon Wilds. 

Except here. Now. The smell of a female, and her excrement, were strong in Strand’s nose. She breathed deeply, wrinkled her snout in disgust and anger, and marched forward, following the scent trail. Soon enough, she came across the offender, who was marking this ridge as if it belonged to her. “What the fuck do you think you’re doing?” Strand demanded. Normally, such a thing would have been asked loudly, brashly. This time, something was different. Her voice was quiet, deadly, her eyes cold and calculating. “This place belongs to me.”
*Posts will be short (~100 words or less)
137 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" a voice asked, accusatory as all get-out. Not only that, but this stranger then decided to proclaim that this land was hers, when not a single drip of her piss was around. What an interesting development. Maybe one that Chip could use to her advantage. There you are! she said, chipper (hah) as could be. I was only trying to help you keep it secure. You see, I was sent here to help you. To assist you with your claim. I am to be your loyal advisor. Your second-in-command.

Chipmunk smiled a broad, genuine smile and settled on her haunches. Her posture remained relaxed and patient, as if she was meant to be here all along.
81 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
It was as if Strand had been slapped in the face. Her entire demeanor went from aggressive and dangerous to… confounded. In all of three seconds. She was speechless, her mouth opening in shock, metaphorically dropping to the ground like in cartoons. No one had ever reacted to her outbursts so well before. They either shot back with their own aggression or cowered in fear (the second one happened way less often). And… and what did this woman mean, she’d been sent here to help her? That made zero sense, actually.

As quickly as she had been dumbstruck, she was on the defensive, squinting hard at the woman. “I don’t believe you,” she said slowly. “I don’t even know you. Who sent you to me?” Her lower jaw jutted out as she continued to stare at this stranger with narrowed eyes.
137 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
It had worked well enough. The stranger went from wild and angry to utterly confused. Good, keep her on her feet! But what was this, she didn't believe Chipmunk? Well, that was probably good, because Chip was a goddamn liar. But that didn't mean that the stranger knew this. Quick as a whip, Chipmunk responded promptly.

You sent me, silly. You know... you came to me in my dream. Said I should come here and start claiming this place. You said you'd be here today. Chip paused, looking up at the sky pensively. Thing is, I woke up before we could exchange pleasantries. My name's Chipmunk. But maybe you already knew that, seeing as you can teleport yourself into my head while I sleep. Thumping her tail against the ground, Chip felt like she could get into this character. She eagerly awaited to hear the name of this dream-hopping wolf.
81 Posts
Ooc — Harvest
Strand’s suspicion of this woman only grew by the second, the more words that came from her mouth. Strand had come to her in a dream? Told her to come here? Her eyes narrowed further, if that was even possible. In fact, she was squinting so hard, she was pretty much blind. Her suspicion was now more related to the fact that this… Chipmunk woman was clearly insane… or trying to pull a fast one on her. It was hard to tell. Her demeanor was all rainbows and unicorns, but maybe she was just plotting to attack Strand the second she turned her back on her.

“Okay, Chipmunk,” Strand said finally, after staring at her for way too long. “I’m Strand.” She motioned with her snout out towards the ocean. “I own this whole coastline, so if ya wanna help me claim it, it’s gonna be a lot o’ walkin’.” She paused, scrambling in her brain for anything else to say. This woman had her completely stumped, something she wasn’t used to. “You, uh… you have dreams like this often?”
137 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Chip was beginning to believe her own lie. How easy it was to slip back into old habits. And why not? Honesty had never gotten her very far, and this game was much more fun than her old ones. She nearly choked when Strand proclaimed that she owned the entire coastline. That just... didn't seem feasible. At all. Then again, it meant that Chip could probably blow her off pretty easily. How could one even begin to try and claim so much at once? Chip was having a hard time just keeping this place for herself. She had a better idea.

Never before, she said, putting on her best pensive face and staring wistfully into the distance. There's another thing you said in the dream, she added. You said that I was meant to stay here, on this ridge, to keep it safe. You said you would choose several wardens, like me, to help you with your claim. Wow, Chip, you've really outdone yourself this time. If she could make Strand believe that she was helping, maybe she could actually get some support, too. They could build an empire! An empire built on lies!