Moonspear Heat
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Pack Activity 
Backdated thread! Just before any and all heats start. One response REQUIRED BY ALL OF BREEDING AGE before archival. Will be archived 1/25/19, round 2 begins next Tuesday, so please get a post in before then; if you are not on absence and do not post in this thread, there will be IC ramifications! Presence of puppies are not required, but highly encouraged. Not tagging Isi as at this time, she is not here! @Jarilo @Merrit @Dirge @Arcturus @Moriko @Nikai @Alya @Lyra @Katya Noir @Yama @Desdemona @Dacio @Dragomir @Vega @Antares @Osiris @Praimfaya @Atlas Since this is backdated I am just making some assumptions of arrivals in general, but will of course edit as needed if/when no post is there to note this.

Hydra moved toward one of Moonspears finer vistas, throwing her head up and calling to the pack; the winds had shifted, and things were changing. She felt it as surely as she had felt it last year, her ferocity and her temperament rising for it. It was time she make her expectations perfectly clear to all of Moonspear; she would not let there be any question about them, and were there any, now was the time to ask it. 

When her wolves arrived, Hydra surveyed the faces there slowly... and then she spoke. 

This Winter has been a hard one, she drawled, harder than any some of us have ever known. The prey was all but gone with the exception of few large game, though most of it was small, but we have survived it. The children are growing and well-fed for decisions made the year before. This year, breeding is reserved for only mated pairs that have asked my mate and I both for permission, she searched for Alya and Nikai among the crowd, though perhaps new love-birds might come from the season as she and Dirge had. As to that, so long as they asked they were likely to be granted the permission; her gaze drifted along the faces in the crowd again, no longer settled upon them. You must request this of us prior to your breeding so that we can take this into account for the oncoming Spring. If you defy me in this, your children will have no place here. I will not tolerate disobedience of such a degree to put a strain upon us or the children to come. Her eyes flashed. Last year, there was one such incident; were those children to be here, I do not know that all of Moonspears young would have made it this far, nevermind all but one of our adults. We have been fortunate for that much, Hydra drawled. 

Her gaze now was for the women of their pack. Speaking to them, Hydra drawled, I will look out for you. As your Queen, I have the ability to suppress your heat. If you come into your heat before you have a mate, it will be my aim to do so, she advised, ears pressing forward. Do not leave Moonspear while you are in heat; you are a beacon to all wandering men, and could be taken advantage of. You will want it then, but might come to regret it later. Even if you do not, you will have defied me—understand I am so strict in this as I do not wish to face the famine again with more mouths to feed than there are that can feed them. Do not defy me in this, she drawled, or if you do not regret it then, I will ensure that you come to. Hydra had done nothing but support her pack for years; she did not think she was asking much to request that the parties that bred be responsible in it, and make sure the mouths could be fed.

Hydra looked to the men in the crowd now, gaze landing on her mate. The alpha female was ever the ultimate authority in how the season would go, and Hydra drawled, I trust you to watch the men in the pack to ensure they do not breed at their leisure. Men, should you do so, her gaze darted over the faces, and anything is begotten of your trysts, you will take responsibility for it as well. Her tail lashed behind her, and she watched the crowd before her to ensure all understood. 

Am I understood? ...if there are any questions, ask them now, She hummed, ears pricked forward as she listened.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
have an arcturus post even though ICly he is at GLC!! since he has been ICly away during the time this thread is backdated I figured this was the best way to keep his continuity plus embrace IC consequences!! <3

arcturus was miles away when the call slipped up the mountain’s rocky throat, summoning those of the spear within. he never even heard the summoning of his sister, nor had he any idea of what was transpiring at home.  his presence, once all of moonspear had gathered under their matriarch’s stern stare, would be conspicuously absent.

for arcturus, in that moment, was ranging along the stony outcrops of ghost lion crag. where soon, his entire life would be changed forever by a chance meeting with a tall, fearsome female. he knew nothing of what was in store as he picked his way along the snowclad shale, eyes ever focused on the wintry wilderness around him.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
summoned to where hydra ( and dirge ) take up perch among the moonspearians gathered, praimfaya seeks out her companions dacio and opalia and seats herself near them; because still she struggles with the weight of her failures and because she cannot help but feel like an outside here. an guest welcomed into a place of largely blood relations that hunts and dines with them but still doesn't feel like her puzzle piece fits with theirs. perhaps, in time, this feeling will ebb but for now it is as predominate as her feeling of lost identity. no one has stripped her destiny away from her and she knows that with training and patience she will once more reform roangeda, perhaps more successfully this time than the last.

for now, however, she stands attentive as hydra speaks; admiring of the warrior woman and how she lays down the law as she talks of suppressing heat and breeding. praimfaya's ears cup forth and she wonders if perhaps she should nod and act like she knows what it is hydra speaks of; too green to truly understand what exactly 'breeding' and 'heat' all mean. though within the word lies a lesson of it's own as hydra speaks of how 'heat' is tempting to wandering men.

having no questions to ask, if only because much of it went over her head and she was too young to go into heat herself praimfaya opts to stay silent; though curious to hear any questions that may be asked by wolves more knowing than she.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
It was here that he discovered just how little he cared for the political. Though unsurprising that Hydra would gather them all up to pass down a decree of her own—given the year before, such did not surprise him. A repeat of that and such turmoil would do them more harm than it did good, and as it were it was not the sort of thing that he cared to expose their children to.

But in spite of boredom seeping into his thoughts, such a gather was a fair chance for him to set proper eyes on those that had come to their fold late. Some he knew of through Hydra's ties to them, and then there were some who were entirely foreign to them both in a manner of speaking. It was she who had worked to foster the beginning of their integration to Moonspear; Dirge had busied himself otherwise. Moonspear had no end to what they could do, namely in the hunting department. Even the goats were beginning to look like tasty morsels if only they'd come down from on high...

He caught Hydra's gaze turning towards him and met it curiously.

Right. Keep the boys in line. He understood, and his gaze followed hers out over the crowd. He didn't anticipate this being a difficult sort of thing; Jarilo had never raised concern with him and he wouldn't have faulted Nikai for Alya. Arcturus was, well, Arcturus. The bulk of men beneath him were too young; Dragomir and his sons, and he would wager Merrit and Dacio not quite of age either—the latter two were still streaked with their youth.

Which left... the one fellow.

Dirge found Liir easily, and let his gaze linger.
453 Posts
Ooc —
The best Dragomir could do was pretend to comprehend what Hydra was talking about. Some of it made perfect sense, like not having kids with someone who wasn't your mate and not wandering out to have kids with random wolves in the wilderness. Seeing as he was the product of an unwed pair whose family subsequently fell apart, he understood that sentiment implicitly. There was nothing to be gained bringing children into the world with a loveless union. They would only end up like him.

The rest, well, most of that went over his head. His father's sagely advice on the matter was simply that he would one day want to have babies with someone, and Aurëwen had failed to supply any wisdom in that department. There'd been no talk of birds and bees for Dragomir, so he needed to rely on his instincts to understand these things, and luckily, those instincts wouldn't kick in for another year.

But he was loathe to be the only wolf in the gathering who didn't really get what Hydra was saying, so he nodded along with the rest and hoped whatever it was wouldn't apply to him.
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
He had come, but said nothing as he settled in among the rest of the pack. The weight of it all had found him in hearing his sister decree what she did. Especially after confirming that last year's acts were in the right (which was a very good suspicion of his already), he couldn't disagree... for time immeasurable, he sensed that their dam knew this and weaponized her thoughts on that accordingly, always. Hydra had learned this.. some of them had, and now, she was here to leave no room for error this year after a famine to insult their injuries over the last several months. Only the foolish would disobey that.

As he listened and stewed, accordingly, came creeping in that uneasiness when his thoughts roved around these carnal subjects of the season's rules--towards what he had learned last year, and even the one before from his parents. He knew his father's wishes for a Wilds of their domain and seen, firsthand, how that had panned out for him with his approach. He knew, too, his father's wants for his kids to one day have families of their own to all contribute towards his overarching scheme of dominion. Right here was promptly where the first son still felt the urge to balk.

And right there to catch him was his mother's more subdued outlook on such propagation.. that one day, maybe it may be. Maybe not. That his worth was high alone, but that he was not the whole story.. that timing mattered, and so did the place and all of the right reasons. All daunting, all corralled into place by what his sister said before them now, that he could feel their mother's influence in. He simply didn't have everything in order, so he should have no need--right? He was no alpha nor king, despite what might sing in his blood.. and had no business as anyone's father. Above all, it was his best interest to stay uninvolved if he could help it.

Jarilo's stare was tired. He didn't want to go through this again but he nodded. He understood. It was his responsibility.
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
99 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
bruh i didn’t even realise yama is Off Age:tm:???? wtf?????? SHE BABY

When her sister summoned them, Yama was quicker to respond than to past meetings; the seasons were changing, she could feel it, and with those changes, she knew she would need to move with it. Her parents were long since gone, and although her heart still ached for them, she knew she could live in the past no longer. It was time to move forward, to become one with the pack—with her family—again.

But maybe now wasn’t the best of times to do so.

Yama listened attentively as her elder sister spoke, although she did not fully understand what the topic was about; poor Yama, as innocent as a baby bunny, didn’t know the first thing about boys, let alone more mature subjects such as heat and mating. But she nodded along anyway, agreeing to whatever it was that Hydra was talking about.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai arrived by @Alya's side and listened to what Hydra had to say. He didn't miss her glance in his and Alya's direction -- he could imagine that if the Queen were to let anyone else breed, it should be her own sister -- and he couldn't help but spare a glance in Alya's direction when that happened, too. Did she want it? Nikai had felt like he might want it some day last year when he had seen his siblings get born. But now he was in a different place that didn't feel entirely like home to him. Had they been in Easthollow he would've said yes in a heartbeat, but now a lot would depend on how Alya felt about it, too; how strongly she wanted for them. The thought of being a father was appealing, but there was something cold about Moonspear that made Nikai feel as if he didn't entirely fit in. What if his children felt the same way?

He decided these were worries for another time and nodded towards his leaders as the news was brought, mapping the information for later. He and Alya would have to talk it over in private later.
bury all your secrets in my skin
361 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Breeding. Offspring. Dacio listened quietly, unsure how to feel about this discussion. Only weeks prior had he considered the possibility of sourcing himself a mate in the coming months, as had been his right - his duty. Roangeda-born pups would've been a joy to shape and mould for their purpose, as he and his siblings had been in Drageda. Alas, such things were not meant to be.

And probably for the best.

Dacio, not quite of age but with strong ambition, didn't particularly appreciate this firm lesson. Still, he maintained his silence and understood the need for it: it was the responsibility of leaders to make sure their subordinates did not disrespect their laws. He looked on at the Alpha pair as they concluded and dipped his muzzle stiffly in agreement, eager for dismissal.

"Trigedasleng" "common"
i'm good to go, and i'm going nowhere fast
it could be worse; i could be taking you there with me
10 Posts
Ooc —
He arrives quietly, slipping in among the other wolves with a dip of his head to the leaders. He'd expected something like this after Hydra's warning at the borders when he'd joined, but what he hadn't expected was the reaction among the others. There is a quiet acceptance settling within the crowd, one he finds no difficult echoing with his own nod, yet there is no excitement for the season. No anticipation of new children. If anything, the whole scene is slightly uncomfortable; especially given the way Hydra's mate is eyeing him. He lowers his head, deciding he won't get anywhere near any of the women except their leader until spring is over. It shouldn't be that hard anyway; his own interests lay elsewhere.
spectrelight
260 Posts
Ooc —
For a wolf who had been laying relatively low, and even before that, flying with so few beside her.. this was quite a gathering she had been called to attend. Naturally, her place was neatly beside her brother and Praimfaya and accordingly, the yearling was at attention to her new leaders. It was the dark Hydra had commanded the scene primarily, though.. now and then, Opalia was sure to glance to her agouti mate most importantly, and maybe a few other faces in-between.

She probably understood as well as she could without having experienced it all directly herself and nodded along. Drageda had educated their young.. or rather, a healer for a mother (with an older sister ahead of her) really gave her the important foundations early, but these were faraway memories, ones that the pale Roankru had not thought to bring up until Hydra brought the notion to the forefront. Still.. even if she were of a proper age for it yet, no part of her current lifestyle even left her in any place to consider such. Neither did she want it to be, either. From the sounds of all this, she was better off not involving herself if she did not have to--and that was that.
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
Moriko listened intently while gazing around at everyones expressions and reactions. Her ears were up at she focused on her words, allowing them to circulate through her head. Heat, mating? The thought made Moriko flustered, as the thought of someone even being interested in her or even mating with her made her want to laugh, but also again, flustered. She twitched her nose, fixing her sitting position as she continued to listen, reminding herself that she need not worry because it probably wouldn't apply to her much anyway. At least she thought. Though just incase, she kept her focus and listened.
fragile
57 Posts
Ooc — Hero
She was probably the last to arrive and as such she slinked in slowly, her posture low in an effort to conceal the fact that she had been outside of the pack when Hydra's call came through. She settled in a corner by herself, not really knowing many of the wolves who settled next to her even despite the fact that they were family and she'd been in the pack a month or more. Ahead of her, large and proud, was Hydra who quickly explained the importance of announcing to her the coming of her heat and that letting into her urge would surely and quickly get her kicked from the pack. She had no intention on breeding, in fact she had but one other heat and that was at her first birthday, that had been months ago and the feeling had been perhaps the worst she'd experienced. She didn't quite enjoy the sudden urge to hump and be humped at will, the weakness was unsettling. She nodded her head at the dark woman, understanding the seriousness of the request and looked around her in silence, wondering what the others would be thinking about the limitation to their breeding.
I have returned back to work full time and am also taking care of a newborn so bare with me in regard to replies. I will make it a priority to reply to threads at least within a week, if you have concerns do not hesitate to PM me and I can make our thread a higher priority. Posts are typically responded to by the weekend!
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Desdemona was quite late, being far from the border and hearing the call just barely in time, albiet nearly the last one, but there. A flush through her pelt as she paced rapidly to arrive in time, as toepads felt damp from the sweat, and she listened with a keen interest. A first meeting, but arrived late and offered a small tip of her head to express reprent- and to hope, to herself as well, it would not happen again.

Though a meeting she did not expect, one of the season. Mating. A right she was never given, nor expected to be given. She dare not share the ruined blood, and sire' another bastard such as herself. There was no need to worry about the wide-eared wolf, for she had no interest, or hope in an act. Cold-blooded, she felt about the season, despite the slight discomfort, she wouldn't give in to it. Her fire would be placed with the loyalty, and guard more feriously, but closer to the border this time. She would follow the words the Queen would give, and guard along the woman.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior

There were no questions asked, and so Hydra felt they all understood her well enough. Her eyes browsed the young face in the crowd; her children listened, though they themselves were quiet too. This was well before their time... next year, Dragomir would become a man himself. Her eyes sought the crowd for both @Merrit and @Arcturus; neither of which were among them now. Dissatisfied and irate by this, Hydra's tail lashed behind her. 

Good, then; you are dismissed, she drawls with a nod of her head. Looking to her mate, Hydra rumbles: find Arcturus. I will find Theseus, and my sisters, the missing Merrit, as it were, in this moment. That in mind, Hydra waited until all departed the scene until she herself moved to find the other male to get to the bottom of why he had not deigned to show; even Alya and Lyra had deigned not to show, though for what reason that was Hydra could only imagine. Perhaps they were running late, and Hydra rumbled, my sisters, too, if they deign not to show at all, with much annoyance toward that. But she suspected that nothing would keep them from this but for necessity; perhaps there was a matter they took care of at the borders, and perhaps Merrit and Arcturus were with them? She could only hope. For all their sakes.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Short, but understood what was expected. Her jaded eyes quietly grazed the others, as many were unknown to Desdemona, she knew few Moonspearians. Though she did not seek out to socialize, and once the meeting had been done, and they were dismissed, she too would leave the area unless requested otherwise. She was the least to worry about, as the blackened wolf rarely left the land regardless, finding her days patrolling without a rest. Others? She knew not who would be of trouble, but life was never a perfect sympathy.
53 Posts
Ooc — Kate
While the subject of this particular meeting didn’t apply to her, and wouldn’t for some time, Vega listened raptly in the background. She understood her mother’s purpose for this speech, both intuitively and from what she had learned from her parents thus far in her short life. At the core of the message was this: Hydra’s word was rule.

Naturally, no one spoke up against her, and those present seemed to be in agreement. When Hydra dismisses the group, Vega slipped away quietly.
453 Posts
Ooc —
Without further fanfare, the pack was waved away. Dragomir remained seated for a moment, watching the Alpha pair and arching a brow as Hydra rumbled something to her partner, but it was no business of his. He was curious, especially due to not understanding all the circumstances of this meeting, but he wouldn't make a fool of himself nosing about where he didn't belong. Licking his chops, the Omicron rolled to a stand and padded away with the others. At least he understood one thing.

It would be unwise to cross Moonspear's Alphas.
patron saint
are we all lost like you?
253 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Unfortunately for Merrit, he also was not near when the call rang out, but he was close enough to hear the dying chords of the howl echo off the crags and flood into the valley where he lingered, thinking, steps beyond Moonspear’s claim.

He arrived just as the meeting adjourned. A look to Hydra, ignoring the the others... he imagined she would not be pleased.
with quiet words I'll lead you in
fragile
57 Posts
Ooc — Hero
As just as quickly as the meeting had been called it was dismissed. No questions were asked and the consequences were easy enough to understand given the seriousness of the crime. She nodded her head and sought to find something to occupy her time, perhaps venture to the outskirt of territories in search of anything to keep her mind off of the pit in her stomach. It would seem, that the woman would eventually come into a heat that would send her into a whirlwind of emotions and would leave her unprepared.
I have returned back to work full time and am also taking care of a newborn so bare with me in regard to replies. I will make it a priority to reply to threads at least within a week, if you have concerns do not hesitate to PM me and I can make our thread a higher priority. Posts are typically responded to by the weekend!
bury all your secrets in my skin
361 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
A dismissal came, and he was glad for it. Dacio collected himself, gathering to dark paws as Hydra granted permission to depart and moved toward her mate with a rather sour look on her face. He took note of it, though did not stare for too long. His glance toward the Alpha pair was subtle, as he turned attention toward his Roankru companions with a thin smile.

He would leave the meeting area alongside them if they'd allow, encouraged both Praimfaya and his companion to accompany him on a patrol with a suggestive cant of his speckled muzzle. It would be nice to catch up with them, a pleasant distraction from their new leader's stern warning.
"Trigedasleng" "common"
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris was seated next to @Vega, with his concentration intently focused upon Hydra and Dirge. They had summoned the pack for a meeting, and he did his best to understand the information that Hydra provided; there was still time to spare until the season affected Osiris. 

The gathering was short-lived, and his gaze swept across the masses as they were dismissed as he attempted to gauge the other's reactions. The crowd appeared solemn, solicitous—expressions which further confused the child. Osiris wondered how the news— namely the information regarding the season— could elicit such a reaction.

Hoisting himself onto all fours, Osiris reached over and nudged his sister's shoulder. "Want to go do something?" he asked, seeking a distraction from all of his unanswered questions.
spectrelight
260 Posts
Ooc —
With nothing to add, the dismissal was a welcome relief. She was fine to keep all of this in mind, and honestly, this inspired her to fly low beneath the radar for a bit and mind her own manners. One good look at Hydra, her sisters, and her mate... Opalia wasn't feeling in the mood for ruffling any of those feathers any time (or lifetime) soon. Thankfully, she went with the thought that it should continue to not be her problem for long while to come--honestly, that seemed like the easiest plan to have right now after this.

She was more than happy to pick up on the suggestion to make for the borderlands, knowing it would clear her head and loosen the muscles all at once. When Praimfaya and Dacio were ready to head off, she went with them, off to the next thing for the day.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya had arrived with @Nikai and, when she heard what Hydra had to say, felt a little put on the spot. Mainly because she could feel at least two sets of eyes on her. She tried to remain stoic, simply because there were not only loved ones around, but inwardly began to wonder if she wanted pups after all.

Like Nikai, she had begun to feel strangely distant from Moonspear. This was not unusual; she often suffered through periods of strange disconnection and melancholy. She had allowed one to keep her from breeding this last year, however, and she wondered if it would be smart to allow that trend to continue.
i can't help but be my own god
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
the wolves of the spear milled about, some lingering and some leaving. their shadows were long as they moved, trickling down a snow-capped mountainside.

arcturus was miles and miles away -- blissful, and unaware. for his fate had other things in store that day, a cataclysm in which the young boy had nary a clue lurked just out of the horizon, waiting for dawn to break.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away