Bearclaw Valley some kind of nature, some kind of soul
i'm going to bring it all back to you
848 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Guardian
Rogue
All Welcome 
hope the PP is ok!! dm me if not and I’ll edit <3

a crimson bloodwake contorted its way past the stone-studded gates of bearclaw, a trailing of thin scarlet that ended near relmyna’s secondary altar. 

on this snowscape of stone and ice, @Orochi had been placed — with a small mound of moss pressed to his perilous wound. 

it was not for compassion that astara had stymied the blood; but of passionate pragmatism. orochi’s form had been difficult to drag, and the blackbird was consumed of thirst. she slaked what she could by lapping snow from the flowstone, and then lifted her thin muzzle, a howl pulsing from her throat to summon @Merrick.

»» they may promise you that the river ain't too deep. ««
»» player policies ««
what is the colour of night?
139 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
It was the scent of fresh blood that drew him in, and he followed the tracks in the snow where someone appeared to have dragged something through the snow - deeper into Bearclaw territory. Spurred by hunger and curiosity, the she-wolf's howl served only to quicken his stride.

On his arrival, Venamis was disappointed to find that the raveness had not brought the body of a deer or goat to be feasted on, but that of their own species. He seemed to be in poor shape, and the sight of his festering, mangled limb (or what was left of it) was enough to curl his lip in disgust. 

He paused a short distance away, primarily because Merrick's dark companion still gave him the creeps, but mostly because he could smell something akin to death on the air. Venamis didn't particularly want to get too close should this half-dead guy prove infectious or something. Questioning pale gaze shifted from the wounded stranger to seek Astara's obsidian features, knowing there was no point in communicating with words.

sanguine, my brother
this is my book
and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
he drifted and burbled and laughed, a magpie madness guttering in his one-eyed stare.
a very good mood was upon merrick, and he moved to attend astara's summons. venamis was already there; the coywolf flanked him for a teasing moment before trotting toward his lover.
single eye roved with a growing interest over the wounded man upon the plinth; merrick stepped back and bestowed a grin upon his companion.
"what should we do with such a precious thing?" he inquired wonderingly, knowing she would not respond but wanting to speak aloud.
"venamis," merrick purred over one shoulder. "i have a job for you."
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
He opened his eyes; one was blinded by incoming light whist the other froze in the snow. His side lifted in one slow, drawn out motion again and again until it fell into a steady pace.

The first thought he had was move, but he was swiftly reminded of the situation as he squirmed in place. His leg, that precious thing he took for granted, gone. Plucked from his body by a scavenger he'd probably never see again. How pathetic was that? This was all the girl's fault, Valour's fault, Vengeance's fault. He'd find them soon and he'd make them suffer, but that day was not today.

Today Orochi was a lame piece of meat surrounded by hungry wolves. Their footsteps and voices were muffled by the blood rushing through his ears. His voice was too weak to tell them off, so he opted for a low, guttural growl.
848 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Guardian
Rogue
soon joined by venamis, astara noted his distance with a thin and menacing smile. it faded from her muzzle as merrick appeared, unusually jocular for one so plagued by his humors. astara felt jealousy twist like a knife as venamis was greeted first — and smoothly hid that ugly emotion with a bland smile of silence as merrick trotted over to her. 

their captive stirred, issuing a feeble growl. no doubt fever and infection would soon overcome him; astara had little more use to him other than as a gift for the creature of her affections — neatly, she sat in the snow, glaring at the male that was summoned forth.

»» player policies ««
139 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
The she-wolf looked upon him with that same creepy little smile she'd worn when they encountered one another in the mountains, maintaining her odd silence as usual. Venamis, though curious, did not feel any desire to better acquaint himself with her. She was pack and he could be civil, but the spider was unprepared to consider any .

He did not register any jealousy on her part as Merrick drew in to greet him. Instead his focus shifted, pale eyes turning upon his mentor's sharp features as fangs parted to briefly mouth at the underside of his chin in a respectful, almost playful gesture. Rooted, he merely followed the coywolf with his gaze as he strode forward to giddily inspect their newest arrival.

What he did not expect was to be summoned closer. A raven ear pricked forward and the hint of a frown appeared on his muzzle, heart skipping an uncomfortable beat as he took a moment to wonder why. What sort of job? A test, perhaps? Despite a certainty that he could feel his blood begin to run cold at the idea of disappointing his new teacher, the boy stepped tentatively closer in quiet expectation.

sanguine, my brother
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
astara's jealousy was felt but not acknowledged; too focused was merrick upon the wounded thing she had brought to their encampment.
"someone fucked you up, huh?" the mad boy teased in a whisper. ursus roiled in his chest.
blood to take to take to take
a blink, laughter clinking like sharp shards of glass.
and here now darkhearted venamis, ready to do merrick's bidding, and in turn, merrick would do the will of
god
he drew a breath that shook with anticipation.
"make him scream."
teacher; pupil; if venamis looked now he would see the violent gutter of merrick's last eye, an encouraging flame.
he turned to astara, rushed to cover her tense and baleful face with soft kisses and whines and murmurings of his gratitude.
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
The rumble of his throat grew louder, louder as eyes glued onto him, as the man whispered, as he chortled. The growl was derived from the fact he did not know what would come next. That cluelessness bred fear. But he had to conceal it. He could not give this cluster of rogues the satisfaction he gave his captors. They could not make him scream.

When the man skipped back to his violet-eyed shadow, Orochi dug his claws in the dirt, attempting to pull himself up. He grunted and winced and growled. Leaning forward, falling back again and again. He had to get up and fight.
848 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Guardian
Rogue
make him scream. 

astara turned her livid gaze upon venamis, knowing this moment was his defining crucible. a smirk settled the edge of her lips - how she hoped he would fail in the eyes of his master, so their roles could be reversed. a flame of jealousy darted in her heart as she reviewed what had just transpired: how dare he be greeted first, when she was the one that had made all this come to light!

she was still as merrick leapt upon her, her gaze still focused on the boy and his captive. she hoped bitterly orochi's bared teeth might prove more than just empty threat -- like an animal fascinated by the glut of bloodletting, astara tensed under merrick's ministrations, waiting for the killing blow with baited vehemence.

»» player policies ««
139 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Pity. It was all he felt for a time, as he watched the broken creature laid on the alter before him. What had happened to him, he wondered. Who had brought harm to him, and for what reason?

Venamis blinked. He wanted to believe he deserved it, that the three-legged youth had first brought harm to someone stronger. The spider had several names on his hit list, wolves who'd wronged him, and as Merrick made a dark request of him, his initial reaction was to say no.

But he did not back away, not even as the stranger managed to find enough energy to scramble to what paws he had left. Ven pricked his obsidian ears forward briefly before they smoothed back again and, with one last look in his mentor's direction, he stepped forward.

Midar.

A low rumble.

The bitch from the mountains.

Lips peeled back to reveal pristine fangs.

Maegi.

Damn them all to oblivion!

Father.

He was driven then, fueled by a fury that he'd tried hard to bury deep within him, and his jaws parted as he rushed in with slavering jaws parted - seeking to sink his teeth firmly to whatever part of the stranger that he could source.

sanguine, my brother
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
skipping astara and merrick w/ permission!

He kept his glare glued on the inkling that was ordered to attack. Blood rushed through the dragon's body as he took a step forward and bared his teeth. No more running, no more defeat, no more humiliation. Orochi may have been beaten and broken, but he would not bow to these wolves. He'd give them all the fight he had. 

Orochi had to think quickly. The minion was coming at him as fast as a bolt of lightning. He could not try to dodge, so he shoved his shoulder towards the incoming teeth. The sharp pain made him cry out, but he could now dwell on it for too long. He drove his head forward with jaws agape in an attempt to grab his head.
139 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
PP/injuries discussed via PM.  :)

He may not bow, but that was not what Merrick wished of him - but he would scream.

Venamis would make sure if it.

Driven by all the anger and hurt he'd harboured for almost his whole life, the world around him was blurred grey and white. His target stood shakily before him on three wearied limbs, having somehow gathered the energy to pull himself upright, and eyes of alabaster held him firm in his stare.

A collision came fast, fangs finding purchase on a shoulder thrust his way. He bit down hard, a new determination to not let go as he attempted to shake his head violently, when the other's teeth sank into the tender flesh at the base of a tufted raven lobe.

Venamis released his hold to yowl in pain, moved to yank his crown free from the rogue's grasp, which resulted in the sickening tear of an ear. Blood spilled fast from severed vessels, obsidian cheek and throat promptly made slick, but this did not deter. He swung around to snap at his opponent's muzzle and missed, so pinned a higher aim with every intention of delivering a ferocious attack to the side of his face.

sanguine, my brother
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
The tender flesh between his teeth is an odd, unfamilar feeling, made worse when it is forcefully ripped from the base. It disgusts him at first; the blood pouring from where his opponent's ear was supposed to be, the fact that it was still dangling out of his mouth. But seeing the pawn wounded gives him a surge of pride and determination.

The inkling did not give him time to breathe. It's a miracle Orochi was able to yank his muzzle away just in time, but luck wouldn't be on his side forever. Teeth sank into his face, dangerously close to his eye. The dragon cried out. He had panicked, he was hurting, he was tired and angry. Swiftly, foolishly, he pulled back, freeing himself but leaving a gaping wound beneath his eye in the process.

Orochi was tiring more quickly then he hoped he would. In a last ditch effort to subdue the enemy, he catapulted himself forward. Perhaps his weight would knock the other boy down. He could hold him underneath his paws, or better yet between his jaws.
139 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
@Merrick, @Astara, maybe join in again?

His heart beat wildly, an erratic thrum that pulsed in his horribly rugged ear. Venamis felt his head swim and his grip on the rogue's face might've lessened with this sudden feeling of faintness, had he not ripped himself free of it.

Bloodied teeth cracked together and the spider swayed, stumbling backward a couple of strides as he tried to pull himself together. He shook his head and sent fresh crimson blood splattering to the snow beneath him when, much to his surprise, his opponent came at him again with jaws parted.

Venamis attempted to veer away, his gurgling snarl serving a warning that tapered into a strangled sound laced with pain. Orochi's fangs found purchase on the Ursus youth's upper forelimb and was successful in bowling him to the ground, but Ven was determined not to fall alone. He reached for the other boy's shoulder and, if successful in gathering a mouthful of flesh and fur, would be sure to drag him onto the bloodied snow where he could further assault him with snapping teeth.

Fucking scream already, he willed of him, [i]and it'll be over.[/i]

sanguine, my brother
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
merrick's single eye darted back and forth with a full-fledged and dark enthusiasm. excitement as first blood was drawn, droplets of it flung up into the air. the arc of it dazzled the boy; his jaws widened in a smile and burble of laughter that went on and on and grew louder and louder and LOUDER
until
he had lunged forward to separate the two. "not enough screaming," merrick called to astara in a show of faux exasperation, snapping toward their captive. not to provoke more wounds, no, no, only subdue. 
there would be time enough for the shrieks.
"i think he will be our guest for a little while."
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
He grabs hold of limb and he can feel his attacker lose balance. A victorious smile is quickly wiped away as he is taken by the shoulder and dragged down to. There on the ground, he is helpless. Orochi tried snapping back to defend himself, but he'd grab onto nothing. His energy slowly drained after each blow. By the time they were separated, Orochi had fell out of consciousness once more.
139 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
They were both on the ground, snapping and clawing, bloodied. Venamis stopped only when his mentor moved in to intervene. His frame was shoved aside and, scrambling to shaken limbs, the rugged youth tucked his tail and stumbled away.

He painted with exhaustion, with the unbearable pain at the side of his head where blood continued to spill. It spilled onto the snow beneath him in hot red droplets when he shook his crown, and he did not bother to acknowledge the broken body of the young wolf he'd assaulted. Ven simply stumbled away to nurse his wounds in private, leaving the captive to Merrick and his silent blackbird.

sanguine, my brother
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
fading!

it was over swiftly. off venamis went, and merrick stepped forward into his place. an amused glance to his nightshade, and they began to drag their prisoner forth, making small work and talking little as they ensconsced him into a place he might not be discovered for a long while.