Haunted Wood Hello, inferior evil beings
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Private 

He waited a while before approaching the new warlord (oh, how unnatural that felt to even think). This allowed her time to be looked at by Serem and, more prominently, time for him to devise a plan. Not a plan to overthrow her, but one to decide where he'd go with his life. There was nothing chaining him to this place now, and Black Hat felt ready to move on to greener pastures.

With the state she was in just the other day, he presumed she'd be resting at the densite. He trailed her scent, which led up to what was once Vengeance's rancid home. The odor had since faded somewhat, but not enough to keep him from suppressing a gag. Black Hat wouldn't dare touch the place if he were in Hela's shoes. He sat at the entrance as he once did in an unpleasant confrontation with the previous warlord, praying this one would end on a higher note.

Hela, He uttered, voice even but not too forward. A word, if you would. There was nothing foreboding in his tone, only a cool collectedness like that she always wore.
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
the warlord (it still sounds as new and strange in her own mind than it does black hat's) moves through the densite, mind working. serem, tzila, polari, the grunts. those that were not in immediate danger of challenging her, a few she might grow to call allies. vanity is a wild card, at the moment, and valour and black hat remain potential threats, though their motives she has yet to clearly discern. 

and so when she catches the latter's scent does she thread her way toward where he stands, poised, outside of Vengeance's den. she'd been by earlier, if only to confirm it stood as still and empty as it had early, and the day before that. she pauses a short distance away, stance at ease as she speaks, greeting him not as a warlord would some lesser but as a packmate. she is in no hurry to press her authority unless it is warranted, and thus far, it is not. "black hat." a nod, then, indication for him to say his piece.
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He was only somewhat surprised to find her not, in fact, resting. Black Hat turned to her and chuckled. On your feet already, warlord? But he soon got down to business. Firstly, I'd like to say something I rarely ever say: I'm proud of you. He let that sink in for a moment. Secondly, I've no intentions of taking your position, though I do have my concerns. To get right down to it... I believe my time here is up. You see, I didn't join Nightwalkers by choice; Vengeance wanted to make a meal of me, so I struck a deal with him. But he is gone now, and so is that murderous ex-convict. He took a breather before making his proposal.

I seek to rebuild a kingdom I lost, but I'd like to be allies. I could settle nearby, just a howl away. What do you say? He asked, waiting to hear her answer. She was young, all too young, yet he was asking her to make a very adult decision — her first big decision as leader.
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
he chucked, disarmingly charming, and yet she could not afford to grin, to feel the pride at his praise. she nodded, accepting the words at face value, though she hardly thinks he's sought her out only to ensure she knows his pride. and there it comes, assurance, and then intention, requests. at first it seems simple; her mentor will take his leave, unbound, and she will not worry that his motives might be mercurial, changing. an easy solution, then, though she remembers a spar wit Hashut, seemingly so long ago. The simplest target, path, was anything but, and so she was silent a long moment as she gathered her thoughts. "your actions are your own choice; I won't try and keep you here if you want to leave." she states, knowing this to be true enough. "but the nightwalkers are not your future recruits. do not try to make them into your own followers." she has learned the importance of keeping a pack together, remembering well the emptiness that had been Blackfeather. we were too few. 

the 'deal' he speaks of is interesting; she makes a note to ask @Serem of it when she sees the woman next. she pauses once more, before continuing after a beat. "I don't see why we can not be allies. I can't speak for Moonspear; you'll have to speak to them yourself." hunting grounds, explicit guidelines; those things can come later, should black hat's group even be a success. she will seek out her general for the details, understanding her lack of experience in this area. she's careful even as she falls silent, knowing the silver-tongue that many of the members seem to share, and determined not to fall prey to it so early in her leadership.
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He nodded as she spoke like a leader with years on her. She was not to be underestimated, he knew this perhaps better than anyone (alive, anyway). Of course. Hela agreed to being allies, assuming he succeeded in his endeavor. He'd see about contacting Moonspear; they were a strong pack, certainly not one to be trifled with. A powerful ally, they'd make.

Splendid, He said with a growing smile. I won't be here much longer, then, I'd say two days at most. Black Hat glanced out at the misty forest and felt... conflicting emotions. Though not by choice, this was his first home here in the Teekons, and he'd grown accustomed to it. Dare he say, he was a bit fond of the place. What more, he undeniably made several connections here that would serve him well. His head swiveled back to one such connection, and he stood. That's all from me for now. Feel free to voice any questions or concerns before my leave.
♚ JOIN CORONA
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
that was it, then. she wants to breathe a sigh of relief, wants to ask his advice, do a thousand things besides. but she only remains still, features set as she regards him. "alright." she agrees, wondering if she should watch him while he remains. doubts begin to creep in once again, shifting in the slightest when he glances away. she is not vengeance, who had brought this pack into existence and existed as an uncontested leader. until two days ago.

"I will," she replies, as it seems the best thing to say. "you're welcome back again, if you want. you've taught me well." sentiment. perhaps it's stupid of her to bring into what seems to be a mostly political discussion, but she feels it needs saying. without him, and the time he'd spent teaching her, she would just have easily been the broken body on the borderline. with that, then, she turns heel and cuts toward Serem's den, seeking to inform her and do something about the weeping gash across her neck.
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
why is their relationship somehow wholesome, sobs

Her sentiment earned a rare, warm smile that didn't fit on his ragged, angular face. I have. I appreciate it. Black Hat loathed to even imagine the possibility of failure, but even he wasn't egotistical enough to discount it as a possibility. Having someplace he could return to was a welcome sense of security.

In typical Hela fashion, she spun on her heel without another word and marched away. He lightly shook his head before departing, himself. There were a few people he wished to speak to before he went on his way.
♚ JOIN CORONA