Sunbeam Lair the absolute world
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
All Welcome 
01/19

the sun was beginning to set upon the wilds. bhediya descended from the prime peak beside their lair in an attempt to make it back before nightfall. making just later than intended, she walked quietly to the heart of the cave to commune with aatma. 

it didn't take long to enter her solitude. ears focused on the whispers of empyrea, she wouldn't have heard anyone approach.

22 Posts
Ooc — mista
He’s new to the area, and while he’s trying to find a place to settle, the nightfall has already descended upon them and he isn’t fond of the cold. The lair provided shelter from the intermittent snow at least.
Out of a tunnel and into a main chamber, the boy halts. A gasp leaving his lips while blue eyes widen in awe. Although winter has dampened much of life—as it does everywhere—the evidence of plant life within astonishes him. Let alone the small opening in the roof, in which light floods in, highlight snowflakes which dance in the glow.
He is startled, however, by the shadowy figure that lurks just beyond. Heart racing, the boy is tongue-tied until he swallows the lump in his throat. I’— Eligius starts, before he clips his mouth shut. Oh, uhm, hello there! He tries instead, with a smile hesitantly growing across his round cheeks.
Empyrean — One month @ Feb 15
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
the silence of the lair was broken by an unfamiliar voice. the seraph was on guard, but quickly remembered that their domain was not yet claimed; how could she be angry? on the off chance that this (seemingly meek) boy did want to harm her, the others were only a call away.

so with confidence, bhediya stood and turned to walk toward him, a smile wide across her maw. hello, she called to him, this is... — the pack needs a name, bhe! — this is empyrean. what's your name, ajanabee?

22 Posts
Ooc — mista
His tail tip wags between his ankles—the anxious vibes rolling off him in waves, no matter how much he tries to keep it contained. She turns towards him, approaching with a wide smile. Eyebrows lift, and his own smile widens in return. His muscles relax just a hair.
Eh—Empyrean? I’m sorry, I— He grows nervous again, ears folding back to show his apologetic nature. This damn cold he has, maybe it clogged his nose that much he didn’t smell the borders. I’m… Eligius, Eligius Castell.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
the boy stuttered, opening a window for bhediya's reply. it's okay, she laughed, we're...new. she didn't want him to be upset over something that could have been prevented, were she a more active leader. they had enough members now that a pack meeting would do them good, if only to mingle. she thought about it while listening to his introduction.

it's nice to meet you, eligius, the seraph replied with a courteous nod of her head, i'm bhediya. the lingering anxiety moved her to sit down, hopefully easing his nerves. are you from here? the teekon.

22 Posts
Ooc — mista
He is a whirlwind of on-guard and at ease, a soldier flipping back and forth between stances as if trying to remember he is no longer on duty. Her reassurance and the light laughter brings him to relief;
Oh, phew! I felt so awful for a moment… Well! I still do, the last thing I want to do is, uh, get off on the wrong foot! Even if you guys are new, I’m sorry I didn’t notice…
The blond boy rambles, ending it with a quiet, short laugh.
But, uh, nice to meet you, Bhediya! I’m not from around here, no. He mirrors her and sits, too. Are you?
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
bhediya calmed herself, maintaining the smile but taking on a more professional posture. not originally, she began to explain, but i've lived here for a long time. when she'd first arrived in the teekon, bhe had hardly begun her second year. it was a strange thought to ponder.

bringing her attention back to eligius, she asked, do you have somewhere to sleep? food? from what she could tell, the boy was nice...but she worried. winter, famine; could he take care of himself?

22 Posts
Ooc — mista
Oohh, he hummed—how wonderful that she was able to find a life here. It gives Eligius hope that he, too, can find it within… Teekon, she said it was called?
The subject shifts to him, of his basic necessities—
I’m making do! It’s been fun sleeping underneath the stars, he says, keeping his smile. It’s difficult, but he takes the challenge in stride. I’ve been looking for a, uh, home? though.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
you like the stars? bhediya asked. there weren't any virtues within their ranks; would he be the first? these thoughts only began to stream after eligius's mention of a home. they had room and based on those she'd met, bhe couldn't imagine any potential objections... do you want to join us here? she asked, open to either possible response.

22 Posts
Ooc — mista
Ears flicker forth in his excitement, and he nods his head with vigor. Yeah! The stars are awesome. No matter where you are, you can use them as a map to find your way to any location— He rambles.
Yet, Bhediya offers him something unexpected; a home! In which he seeks, and Eligius gapes in wonder. Me? Are you sure? I mean! I’d love to join! He isn’t certain what test he passes to impress her, but he won’t doubt her, even if he doubts his own abilities.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
is that your trade? bhediya asked him. there were seldom wolves with such an interest in something they didn't wish to pursue. she didn't see the importance of having a naturalist in their ranks, but being so new, she was willing to take the chance.

the seraph moved forward and bumped her shoulder against his. had he been standing, she might have had more trouble reaching it. there are others here. you'll get to meet them all soon.

22 Posts
Ooc — mista
Eligius blinks, tilting his head to the right; Trade? I… guess so. More a hobby, but I can learn of course! Perhaps something else better suit the Empyrean wolves, and the golden boy is determined to pull his weight.
A soft giggle of surprise leaves his lips as she approaches him, bumping his shoulder. He himself is not the tallest of wolves around, so it is an easier feat than a giant. Hesitantly, he taps his back to hers lightly.
Oh?! What are their names? What are they like?
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
bhediya shook her head. you don't have to, she assured him, i'm asking for your trade so i can tell you your rank. the system she was conjuring seemed smooth enough in her mind. soon, she would gather the group together to discuss and make sure everyone was in agreeance.

eligius seemed curious about the afforementioned. bhediya thought about it for a moment before responding, two girls, kaori and moonshine. there's one other male called salvatore. i'd rather you meet them than let my opinions create a bias.

22 Posts
Ooc — mista
Ohh, that made sense! Eligius nods his head—although he isn’t certain how that would fare, he is content to be a part of a pack in general. Only time would tell whether he flourished in Empyrean or not.
Awesome! Sorry though, I got a little ahead of myself, chuckle, I’ll have to seek them out soon.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
ready to wrap?

here, bhediya said, i'll show you to the densite. there was a small chamber off of the main hall, just big enough to fit a few beds. each one was made of fluffed moss, picked by their respective owner from the walls of the cave. 

she motioned for him to pick a spot of his own. i was about to take a walk, if you care to join me. your choice. the seraph did not wait for eligius to respond. instead, she turned and made her way back toward the lair's mouth.