Nocturne Summit avaritia
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Nano prompt! Open thread. Tags are for reference!

Hydra trailed @Dragomir from faraway; he had indeed informed her, and she in turn had shared she did not think it wise for him to go independently. Naturally she had let him go, but this time around it would not be without backup. Isi's faint had begun to grow scarce even days before she had been made aware of the presence of Merrick and Caiaphas, but Hydra had imagined perhaps she would wish to find her mother and would in time return. She had not known Isilme's sentiment toward Aurewen, but knew full well of her brothers. 

To think the duo successful in discovering Isilme was, to Hydra, improbable. Isilme likely would have slowed them down if she was not already dead, and if she were dead Hydra was certain a body by now would have been found. Hydra wondered if the pale man from days ago had seen her... she would journey soon to find out. If they caught wind of her, at least they would know for certain she might still be living. 

Of course, Isilme might have inherited her mothers wanderlust spirit. Hydra knew too little of their father to wonder what she may have inherited from him, but was learning—from others—the matter of a man he was. What more could she learn? What more might she? Hydra sniffed at the earth and wondered at the girls whereabouts, pausing to listen for any song from her brother indicating she might be found... alive, or otherwise. 

He would come to find that in joining Moonspear, he would not be abandoned—not by any of those that had ever been there. A family entirely different than his own. It was likely why he wished to search that way; it was all he had ever known. With a sigh, Hydra continued meandering in the shadows while searching the places Dragomir had missed, ears pricked atop her head as she listened for the presence of any passing through, too.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
7 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She hadn't been here long but already, she hoped she wouldn't find her brother in this place. There was not much to eat, which would not have completely sullied her opinion of this wilderness on its own, but the ground shook angrily and the sky in the distance was dark with a thick smoke; it did not seem like a place she would like to stay for very long. She would first make sure that Liir was not here, and then she was going to get the hell out. But checking these new lands off her list meant exploring them despite how ominous they seemed, and she did so with the efficiency of someone who had been searching for a long time. Nor had traveled north through the mountains, nose to the ground as she took in the various unfamiliar scents. The nights had been cold and lonely and as much as she despised the feelings, they were nothing new—nothing that she hadn't felt every night for most of her short life. 

The day continued on as cold and lonely as the night had been. She trotted along the cliffs drawing in the scents over and over until the scent of a stranger filled her nostrils. She wasn't much for getting to know others, but a stranger meant someone who might know of her brother. A large black form moved gracefully below her, and she watched silently from atop her ledge. She wasn't sure yet if this one was safe to talk to.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra continued to pick her way along, nose drifting over and under rock and stone, root and abandoned bone—which, she noted, had been picked clean to the marrow—and there was nothing yet to show for it. The evidence pointed to Isilme having left of her own volition; it caused her heart to harden, only for her to undo this. If such was the case the girl was worse than her mother; at least Andraste had spoken with her of her leave! Still Hydra hoped to find her in case she was wrong. It was easier to think the contrary; easier to react with anger than sadness or even worry. 

In case she was wrong, Hydra did not abandon her own duty to the cub as her present provider. She searched as best she could, frustrated that this would transpire at all. It interferred with time she longed to spend with her own cubs that Alya and Lyra, at least, were able to this eve. Hydra spent more than enough time with them, but she ever wanted more. But at least this journey was twofold; food and child both were searched for. 

As she moved, she had that strange, niggling sense that she was being watched; Hydra did not pause as she continued ahead, though did look around, eyes seeking more than just a meal and the cub, now. Her gaze drifted upward, but had yet to land upon Nor; if the other wished to retreat to the shadows, there was time yet.
7 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She waited above, silently debating whether or not to alert this stranger of her presence. She hadn't talked to anyone in a while, something that never bothered her until recently, mostly because she found alone time to be severely lacking. Still, she had no idea how dangerous this woman was, but she figured she was unlikely to find out any way that was easy. Finally, boredom won out, and she stepped closer to the edge and took a seat. She would be in clear view to the woman now that no shadow or cliff hid her slender form. It was risky, allowing herself to be known; the stranger was much larger, but if this was her day to die, then she didn't expect that she'd have much say in it. Her face remained calm, a hint of curiosity in her expression as she waited for the other woman to notice her. There was no aggression in her posture, only relaxed awareness that she was the one at a disadvantage here even given her position atop the ledge. Maybe she would be up for a conversation and maybe Nor would obtain some useful piece of information from the shadow. Or maybe she would be met with teeth; either way, she waited patiently for whatever reaction would come from the wandering stranger.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Her eyes traced the stones that surrounded them; Nor blended well with what was all around them, down to her ink-dipped muzzle that merged perfectly with the shadows she presently emerged from. Slate-grey matched perfectly with the jutting rock behind the strangers person, and Hydra's gaze very nearly passed over her. Truthfully, were it not for her bright, golden eyes, it may have; as it was, Hydra found the other soon after they decided to be discovered thanks to them, even subdued by the shade as they were. 

The Queen did not assume they were not aggressive simply because they had not yet decided to attack; rather, she imagined they might be measuring her person. Hydra kept her distance and began to pick her way upward on a different rocky face, sniffing at the earth even still while she went but putting herself in a place where the stranger could not lunge at her from above, keen to not be at any sort of disadvantage. Hydra never underestimated any, even when they presented themselves as Nor did. 

It did, however, bring her some comfort and prevent an aggresive introduction on her own part. 

Perhaps this she-wolf might be of assistance to her by way of news; but then, Hydra's trust in strangers was minimal at best. Contemplating only a minute more as she sniffed at the earth, Hydra lifted her head and spoke to the other: I am looking for someone. A young girl, white-furred with a pink nose. Have you seen such a wolf on your travels? She inquired, watchful for any indication of recognition.
7 Posts
Ooc — Hela
For a moment, the stranger's gaze scanned across her face, and she knew she had finally been spotted. She waited for the other woman's reaction, a little perplexed when she continued to walk. Maybe they weren't in the mood for company and that was their way of giving her a chance to take off before things got tense. But then the shadow began to ascend up the incline of the cliff, and she then realized what was going on. She turned to face the woman, careful not to let their gazes meet; she had learned that lesson the hard way. She had learned most things the hard way after being tossed out on her own while still a child. And although she promised herself she would never let anyone make her feel helpless again, she wasn't stupid and she wasn't interested in getting her ass kicked today. Once the stranger was in a spot level to her own, she began to speak, asking if she had seen a white-furred girl with a pink nose. Nor shook her head. I have not seen any wolf fitting that description, she answered. I haven't met anyone yet, except for you, she continued. How strange that the first wolf she met here was also searching for someone? She thought it might be a sign. I'm looking for someone too—my brother. She added next, tone turning wistful. She had been seeking him for some time now, and she wondered if she would ever find him.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
They had not seen her. A shame, really; Hydra hoped to narrow her hunt (the path of it, really) down in some capacity but today gave her nothing to do so with. Still, the day was early and Hydra had only just begun her search this day... there was still plenty of time to find a lead, so she liked to think. When the other went on, Hydra deduced that this she-wolf must be new—and as it turned out, she was also looking for someone. 

Perhaps I have seen him, she offered at length, I have been here for years. I have met many in this Wilderness, she drawled. Even if the other had not been able to help her, Hydra was feeling kind; perhaps for it, luck would be on her own side during her search for Isilme. Her ears pricked, wondering if the dark stranger might reveal his appearance to her; she could only hope that she would be specific about her description of him, as she had not been lying when saying she had met many; she had. And often, the first had few distinguishing qualities from the second she might have met. For the others sake, Hydra hoped her brother was not a very common wolf by the look of him.
7 Posts
Ooc — Hela
His name is Liir, she began. We were separated a long time ago, so I'm unsure how he looks now. I remember that he was grey and tan and that he had black on his shoulders. It was all she could remember. The time since they had last seen each other wasn't long comparatively, but her life had been turbulent and uncertain since being left on her own, and so it felt like it had been a lifetime since she had seen him. She wasn't too hopeful that this woman would know of her brother. The conversation would probably go like every other time she had it: they hadn't seen him but would offer some, mostly insincere, promise to keep an eye out for him. But, she never stayed anywhere very long anyway. She figured if he was there or had been she would know, and she never wanted to to stick around very long once her search turned up nothing. She studied the shadow, curious but hesitant from mistrust beaten into her by a life of little to no stability, and waited for her to answer.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nor was prompt in her response, though Hydra was quiet as she listened. The matriarch looked thoughtful, as though she were running through all the names and faces she had ever heard and seen. There was a wolf that fit the description well enough, perhaps in more ways than one... But in the interest of keeping all those among her ranks safe, Hydra, still looking as though she were sifting through memories, queried in the meanwhile with earnest, well-intentioned, curiosity: How was it that you two came to be separated? Had her own brother sought to escape her? He had not mentioned running from any enemies... but then some, in the interest of their own skin, might naturally neglect to say such things. Nor's answer would certainly dictate Hydra's own.

Lil vaguey bc my thread with Liir isn't done yet, and he hasn't yet said his name to her in their thread!!!
7 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She didn't say whether or not she had seen her brother, but instead asked for more information; it caused a flare of irritation in Nor's chest. She didn't have time for this. She wouldn't be able to search for Liir once winter was fully upon them, which meant she hoped to find him before that. Otherwise, she would have to wait somewhere until spring, spending another winter alone. Still, she kept her expression even and studied the shadow some before answering. My mother abandoned me when I was just a pup, she answered flatly. I have been on my own, more or less, since then. There was a time when admitting that would have brought back a rush of insecurity and resentment, but now she felt nothing when she thought about it. She had, however, promised herself to never give anyone that kind of power over her ever again. She controlled everything in her life now, and she wouldn't let it be any other way. I've only recently decided to search for him, she added after a short pause. Have you seen him? Or was the woman just toying with her like some wolves liked to do.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
i wrote this and it ate my post HUFFFFFFF.

Hydra listened to the other, reflecting for a quiet moment. It aligned in a way with what Liir himself had said, though it was told differently. Bastards, the both of them. Hydra felt contempt for their mother; it only furthered her feeling towards those that bore them. Irresponsible, and foolish—for what? Children did not deserve such a life! 

As the other admitted they had only just begun to search for their brother, Hydra considered. Liir had not mentioned he was running from anyone, or anything; he just wanted more for himself. Better. If he worked for it, it could be achievable. If he did not, it was par for the course; Hydra did not desire dead weight, and would only tolerate the feel of it for so long before she rid herself of it. No doubt others must feel the same! 

In any case, the two of them had endured and survived much. From where she stood, Hydra could not tell if the other dealt with great hunger on top of her familial longings... but she suspected it, if only because so many suffered in these times from this. Hydra blinked as Nor inquired if she had seen him, and Hydra nodded. I have, she confirmed, he runs with my pack now. If you wish him no ill will, I can take you to him, she offered, seeing no harm in that much. And if the other did, then they could simply kill her for it; she could put Liir's scrappiness to the test, and see how well he worked with others all in one fell swoop should such a thing come to pass. Such thoughts, though, were not at all apparent as she regarded the other with a simple, harmless sort of interest; the sort that came from having a known individual in common. What is your name? She inquired next, right ear rotating as the sound of scree bounced from the rocks nearby. It was due to a passing breeze, and Hydra's senses detected nothing else around them but for stone and sky even still.
7 Posts
Ooc — Hela
noooo i hate when that happens :(

I have. The words she had waited so long to hear. So long that she suddenly became wary of the answer. What if this was just a trap to lure her back to their pack and become their meal or something. She had seen worse in her travels, and she wondered how wise it was to put her trust in a stranger. But what else was she to do? She had been searching for him for months, asking strangers everywhere if they had seen her brother; what had she been planning to do if she ever found anyone that knew him? Obviously, she had planned to follow them to wherever they told her he was. He is my brother, and I've searched a long time for him, Nor started. I don't wish him any harm; I just want to see him again. She had this notion in her head that he would somehow soothe the growing hole of loneliness inside her heart. 
She dipped her head respectfully to the shadow. I would be very grateful. My name is Nor. She still couldn't believe she had finally found a lead to her brother's current whereabouts. It seemed too good to be true, and she was eager to prove herself wrong.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra nodded. That she could do for Nor at least. I will take you to him, then, she offered. Liir could determine whether or not he wanted her company in that moment from there, but Hydra would not deny the woman her reunion. Times were dark enough, and Hydra thought that by doing this perhaps the universe might do her a favor in turn. Not the right reason to be certain, but for once she thought not of herself here as the thought came but of Dragomir and his own sister. 

I am Hydra, Queen of Moonspear and this Wilderness, she introduced lowly. Come, let us not delay any longer. Nor had been searching for long enough she was willing to bet... and she ought to head home herself, now, though she would have liked to search a little while longer. Drifting in the direction of home, Hydras ears turned backward only to listen for the sound of Nor following. 

fader! i can archive this or y'can put another post up, ill let it sit for a day/two <3
7 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Thank you, she said with a stiff nod. She introduced herself as the queen of not only her pack but also of the surrounding lands, which Nor thought made her either very lucky to have found her or very unlucky. Only time would tell, and right now, she didn't care; she just wanted to see Liir. She would deal with everything else later.

She quickly fell into step behind her, saying nothing else. She would continue to keep her silence unless spoken too, instead choosing to pay close attention to her surroundings should she need to make a quick getaway.