Moonspear Pluto has been declared imaginary
453 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
A brisk alpine breeze swept the fur up around Dragomir's ears, chasing him down the mountain in favour of the woodland serving as its base. The wind was sharp and swift with icy fangs, and in spite of his plush winter coat, the Omicron would prefer not to be caught out in it. It was a nasty sort of day, the kind of day where staying indoors was impossibly tempting. The forest was the next best thing. He shook himself mid-stride when he reached the trees, then padded leisurely into the cover of Moonspear's lower reaches.

From here, he dipped his nose and began searching for signs of prey or wolves, or both together. The nights were longer and hungrier of late, especially with winter's tension heavy over the pack, but he was just as eager for company as he was for a bite to eat.

99 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Many of her days were spent wandering the mountain’s peaks, taking shelter in her hideaway only when necessary. The winds were often harsh, tossing her back and forth between its chilling palms; she wondered what it might be like to dwell in the lowlands, only to promptly remind herself that she could handle the cold—she was a mountainous wolf, after all. She had to be able to handle the cold.

Well, maybe simply trying to handle it was good enough—it had to be, today at least, as she found herself abandoning the heights for Moonspear’s base. The trees, more abundant and closer together the lower she went, offered a much-appreciated break from the wind; it was still there, creeping past the various trunks, but the force behind it was decreased significantly. Still, a decrease was not as ideal as she preferred and Yama was soon searching for another hideaway to add to her collection—but, instead, she spied another wolf. Familiar even from a distance, someone she’s only ever seen in passing (that she could recall). Opening her mouth, little more than a chuff came out to request his attention, curious to discover what he might be up to.
453 Posts
Ooc —
Company it was. He recalled the tawny Yama not only from the recent pack meeting, but from chance sightings here and there where the air grew thinner and the mountain wind was cold and cutting. The gold-eyed Ostrega seemed to favour the heights, but just like Jarilo, she was enigmatic and elusive, very unlike Hydra and Arcturus. Dragomir didn't see her often, and got the distinct sense that she preferred it that way.

So when she appeared in the trees and called to him with a low noise, Dragomir blinked in surprise. He lifted his head slowly, as if he feared she would flee if he moved too quickly, but when Yama didn't, he canted his head and began a gradual approach. Can I help you? he wondered, but even if the answer was no, he was happy for the company.
99 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The movement of his head was slow and she wondered if she may have interrupted something. Suddenly self-conscious, she licked her lips nervously and contemplated whether or not leaving would be the better option. And as she considered her choices, he made his approach, the question taking her by surprise. “Help?” she parroted back. “Oh, uhm… no, I don’t think I need any help.” Originally, she was more curious about what he was up to and whether or not he might need any help. But did she need help with anything? Whilst she considered asking for help with finding another hideaway, she ultimately left her former answer as her final; Yama wasn’t sure if she was ready to share those burrows, hollows, and dens with anyone else yet, anyway.

“Can I—Can I help you?” she asked, feeling the need to return the favour. She knew next to nothing about the other, including how he spent his time and what he was presently up to—actually, the same could be said about the rest of the pack. Maybe by making an effort at… whatever he was up to, might be a step in the right direction to unite with the pack once again.
453 Posts
Ooc —
Yama's response confused Dragomir. Not because it was unusual or anything, but because she'd made a sound to get his attention and he had no idea why and her answer did nothing to clear that up. Oh, okay then, was his slightly awkward rejoinder. She bounced the question back and the sheer absurdity of their meeting made Dragomir's voice bubble with abrupt laughter.

I was looking for food, he said, or company. You qualify as that, if you... wanna join me on a walk? He took a slow step forward and stretched out his neck, hoping to catch a snatch of Yama's scent to try to jog his memory. There was nothing really there, though. Hers was scattered around the highest paths on the mountain but there was nothing forthcoming about it, which told him she was probably a recluse.

Haven't really met you before, he conversationally noted. I'm Dragomir.
99 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The sound of his laughter caused her ears to fall back, taken by surprise. Why was he laughing? Did she say something funny? Whatever budding ease was formerly felt was immediately scared away, body rigid and gaze searching for anything to focus on other than him; she was reminded instantly that making any effort whatsoever was not an easy task, not after going so long without any real interactions. But, luckily—or unluckily, she couldn’t decide just yet—for her, he seemed to have no difficulty steering the conversation.

When he spoke again, her unasked question was answered: he was looking for food, possibly company. Almost instantly she found herself wondering if her approach was a disturbance, only for the thought to be (partially) laid to rest by his offer. “I…” A walk she could do, she was sure of it. It would be just the same as her usual wanderings, only with someone else there, too. “Yes, I would like to join you,” she decided. “We can look for food on our walk, too…? If—if you want to, I mean.” She threw a glance his way, more curious than anything, but didn’t linger—the more she stared, acknowledging that there was someone else there, the more nervous and out-of-place she felt.

Reminding herself to breathe and relax, she nearly missed his introduction. “I’m Yama,” she returned shortly after, bringing herself back into focus. “I haven’t… I guess I haven’t been around much to meet you before now.” Or anyone else, for that matter; Yama could only name those within the pack that she was directly related to, all others yet to be properly met outside of official meetings. But she was trying to get better, slowly but surely.
453 Posts
Ooc —
Dragomir was pleased that Yama decided to join him. I'd like that, he smiled, selecting a course that would carry the pair lower into the forest. Better to find food, and better to avoid the howling wind, too. While he was keen to get to know a packmate better, he wasn't interested in exposing himself to the elements, particularly when they were being nasty.

She introduced herself and immediately excused herself for being scarce. Dragomir waved it away with a rolling shrug. It's no biggie. I've been with Hydra and Arcturus a lot, anyway, haven't met too many folks myself. He could probably count on one paw the number of Moonspear wolves he was really familiar with. Hydra and Arcturus were a given. He'd met a few others here and there, but only in passing or informal interactions. Nothing major.

They're teaching me to fight, he added, by way of clarification, in case it was unclear why he'd spend so much time with the Alpha and Beta. He deviated from the path to clamber over an inconveniently fallen log, then asked, breath hitching when his feet hit the ground, are you a fighter, too? Everyone here seems to be.
99 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
That the male took the lead was a relief and Yama followed after with ease; far more familiar with the mountain’s peaks than the lower grounds, she wasn’t entirely sure where she was going. No matter, she trusted that his place in the pack meant he could be followed with the least amount of worry the Ostrega was capable of; to not feel anxious was difficult but, thankfully, she found a distraction in his words.

“How is Arcturus?” she asked quietly—regretfully, even, perhaps. When did she last see her brother? When she realised she could not pick out the last time they saw one another from her memories, she felt bad. He was her only remaining littermate and yet it was the boy she walked with, a stranger to her, that spent more time with him. Maybe she was a bad sister.

When he explained why he was spending so much time with them, she understood a bit better—maybe it wasn’t strictly that she was a bad sister but also because their interests differed. Engulfed by these speculations, her body moved as if on autopilot, pausing just after she brought her forepaws to rest atop the log. “A fighter?” she parroted, then slowly shook her head. “No… I don’t think I am. I—I don’t think I would be very good at it.” The cowardly Ostrega, a rare breed.
453 Posts
Ooc —
To say he was puzzled when Yama asked about Arcturus was an understatement. The look he shot her way bordered on naked suspicion, which was only tempered by his lack of awareness regarding their relation. You don't see him much? he wondered aloud, finding it hard to believe. Arcturus was as steady and persistent a presence on the mountain as Hydra herself. Dragomir assumed the Beta spent time checking in with all the members, including Yama, but he supposed if she was as reclusive as she seemed to him, then maybe she avoided Arcturus as well. He's well, he added after catching himself.

He's a really good defender. I learn a lot from him. If he thought back on all his lessons great and small, he couldn't doubt for a second that he had the skills now to hold his own in a fight. Maybe he wasn't equipped to be victorious in all or even most fights, with his lack of real experience, but he could certainly dish it out as good as he got it. Yama didn't seem to think she would be any good in a fight. Despite himself, Dragomir loosed a good-natured snort. Nonsense, you're a Moonspear wolf. Everyone here has fight in them. I bet all you need is some practice. With a sly look, the boy seized the opportunity to show off a little. I could spar with you if you want, see what you got.
99 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The question that presented itself in response to her own did little to ease the troubled mind of the young Ostrega. Truthfully, she could not recall when she last saw her own brother—truly saw him, and engaged with him as they used to do as pups. “No, not... it isn’t often I see him,” she stated, leaving out the why; Yama herself hardly understood why, in actuality, knowing their shared tragedy should have pushed her closer to him. But instead she dragged herself away, hid in seclusion, and strained any bonds that were once there. “But I’m happy he’s okay,” she added, ever the worry wart. Perhaps she would seek him out, eventually, when she felt herself able to face him.

However faint, there was still a trace of a tail wag when he continued to speak of her brother; a defender and teacher of the mountain, she couldn’t help but to be proud of his accomplishments. He was most similar to mama and papa, she decided, although she hadn’t the time to remark on that before an offer was made.

“I—I don’t know about that...” was her initial response, ears slowly flattening themselves. “I could try to spar”—saying it herself was even more nerve-wracking—“but... okay.” Maybe this could be another way to connect with the memories of her parents, by doing something they both excelled at.
453 Posts
Ooc —
Fading!

Yama seemed hesitant, but accepted his offer to spar in spite of her obvious nerves. Dragomir shot her a warm, encouraging smile before sinking into a play bow. Maybe a little run to warm up would settle the butterflies in her stomach. Getting his blood pumping always helped Dragomir to focus on a spar, so without further ado, he barked and turned and ran into the windy woods, inviting Yama along with a sharp slap of his tail against a trunk as he passed it.