Moonspear The recent expansion of the forbidden dog park
453 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Looking for someone Dragomir hasn't officially met yet, tagged some of you!

With his nose to the ground, Dragomir plowed through the snow on one of Moonspear's higher ridges, tracking the scents of packmates he wasn't well acquainted with. Each time he came upon the scent of Hydra or Dirge or Arcturus, he turned another way. Not to avoid them, but to seek out others. At one point he discovered the trails of @Moriko and @Alya crossing paths and followed the latter for a little while, only to veer away on @Jarilo's trail instead.

The lower he went, the more he began to smell @Osiris and @Vega, along with the rest of the Ostrega family. It was in the lower reaches, following a path through the snow laid by the two siblings, that Dragomir found himself sliding precariously on a long patch of ice with an alarmed, woah!
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
Moriko poked her head up at the remark, snow trailing off her head and ears, some sticking onto her nose. She was nearby, but could not see the wolf who had made the remark. She went to hop out of the little snow pile she was in and slipped, smacking her face on the ground. Hopefully they couldnt see her.. She shook her head, snorting out the remaining snow in her nose.

"Hello???" She added, beginning to sniff, trying to follow the direction of the smell without smashing her face into the ground again. Her paws crunched softly in the snow as she trotted towards the noises direction
453 Posts
Ooc —
It didn't take long for Dragomir's careening legs to give out under him. He crashed onto the icy path, biting his tongue when his chin thwacked against the ground. Damn, he ground out as he slid to a halt. Between his smarting chin and stinging tongue, he wasn't surprised to feel tears burning on his eyelids. Not exactly the best look for a noble Moonspear wolf.

Thankfully he wasn't the only wolf around who was less graceful than a newborn fawn. From a nearby snow bank, a scruffy off-white she-wolf emerged, only to fall in the exact same fashion. Dragomir almost couldn't believe his luck that he'd witnessed it. A soft snort of laughter was his answer to her question as he attempted to sit up. He wouldn't test his luck standing on the perilous path just yet.

That was smooth, he chuckled, trying to ignore how the mess of snow in his black fur betrayed him having the same luck with the ice.
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(December 30, 2019, 08:19 PM)Dragomir Wrote: It didn't take long for Dragomir's careening legs to give out under him. He crashed onto the icy path, biting his tongue when his chin thwacked against the ground. Damn, he ground out as he slid to a halt. Between his smarting chin and stinging tongue, he wasn't surprised to feel tears burning on his eyelids. Not exactly the best look for a noble Moonspear wolf.

Thankfully he wasn't the only wolf around who was less graceful than a newborn fawn. From a nearby snow bank, a scruffy off-white she-wolf emerged, only to fall in the exact same fashion. Dragomir almost couldn't believe his luck that he'd witnessed it. A soft snort of laughter was his answer to her question as he attempted to sit up. He wouldn't test his luck standing on the perilous path just yet.

That was smooth, he chuckled, trying to ignore how the mess of snow in his black fur betrayed him having the same luck with the ice.

She shook her head, as she sneezed sofltly, laughing at not only the other wolf- but also herself.

"I mean, the ice was smooth-" She jested, smirking at her own remark.

"I must say- you pull that look off well-" She gestured with her nose at him. "You look like a beautifully snow dusted pine tree."

She shook out her fur. "I look like I fell in whats below the ice- and not the ice itself-" She laughed, poking fun at her scruffy coat.
453 Posts
Ooc —
He didn't want to laugh. It was kind of a lame joke, but how long had it been since Dragomir got to indulge in and enjoy a joke? He cracked a grin and before he realized it, he was laughing aloud. Good point, he agreed. That was precisely the reason he remained where he was, lying on the ice and hoping he wouldn't have to try to stand up where Moriko could see him.

Heat rose in his face when she complimented his fur with the clumps of snow from his fall. The embarrassment was misplaced, of course. Dragomir thrived on praise because he was a needy wolf, so a compliment like that flushed him a weird sort of pleasure. That only rose further when she claimed she couldn't pull off the look herself, because he understood self deprecation. It was his constant state of being.

Y-yours looks beautiful to me, too, Dragomir replied, stumbling awkwardly over his tongue in his attempt to return the compliment.
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(January 06, 2020, 01:10 PM)Dragomir Wrote: He didn't want to laugh. It was kind of a lame joke, but how long had it been since Dragomir got to indulge in and enjoy a joke? He cracked a grin and before he realized it, he was laughing aloud. Good point, he agreed. That was precisely the reason he remained where he was, lying on the ice and hoping he wouldn't have to try to stand up where Moriko could see him.

Heat rose in his face when she complimented his fur with the clumps of snow from his fall. The embarrassment was misplaced, of course. Dragomir thrived on praise because he was a needy wolf, so a compliment like that flushed him a weird sort of pleasure. That only rose further when she claimed she couldn't pull off the look herself, because he understood self deprecation. It was his constant state of being.

Y-yours looks beautiful to me, too, Dragomir replied, stumbling awkwardly over his tongue in his attempt to return the compliment.

She gave a sweet smile, wagging her tail softly. "You're sweet- thank you-."

"What are you doing here? Just exploring? I myself enjoy the snow." She added, gazing around at the frosted land around her.

She wiggled a bit, but not enough to fall- shaking some snow out of her fur, letting out a small sneeze as she did, snow on her nose. 

"Makes my paws cold sometimes though-"
453 Posts
Ooc —
Moriko's further compliment was almost too much for Dragomir, who lapsed into a shy silence. Did she really think he was sweet? Did she really think he was beautiful? Dragomir couldn't remember ever being spoken to so kindly, not since his mother's disappearance. She had often whispered to him that he was her dragon, strong and brave like this father, and though he had never felt that way about himself, Drago had always cherished her praise. In the same fashion, Moriko's went directly to his head.

His heart gave a sudden squeeze in his chest. Did she... did she like him? Was she flirting with him?

She'd asked a question. Dragomir unstuck his tongue from the roof of his mouth and answered, oh, uh, yeah. I was lookin' for Osiris and Vega, he revealed, then quickly added, but I'd like to hang out with you, too! If only he could stand up without falling back down like a complete doofus. Unlike Moriko, Dragomir was indifferent about the snow, but with that strange heady feeling of being appreciated still buzzing around between his ears, he would've said anything to have something in common with her.

Thus he answered, I like it too. It's not cold to me. Then, in a great effort to channel some of his father's suave appeal, he gulped and said, a-are you cold? I could sit by you and, uh... w-warm you up, maybe?
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(January 07, 2020, 04:26 PM)Dragomir Wrote: Moriko's further compliment was almost too much for Dragomir, who lapsed into a shy silence. Did she really think he was sweet? Did she really think he was beautiful? Dragomir couldn't remember ever being spoken to so kindly, not since his mother's disappearance. She had often whispered to him that he was her dragon, strong and brave like this father, and though he had never felt that way about himself, Drago had always cherished her praise. In the same fashion, Moriko's went directly to his head.

His heart gave a sudden squeeze in his chest. Did she... did she like him? Was she flirting with him?

She'd asked a question. Dragomir unstuck his tongue from the roof of his mouth and answered, oh, uh, yeah. I was lookin' for Osiris and Vega, he revealed, then quickly added, but I'd like to hang out with you, too! If only he could stand up without falling back down like a complete doofus. Unlike Moriko, Dragomir was indifferent about the snow, but with that strange heady feeling of being appreciated still buzzing around between his ears, he would've said anything to have something in common with her.

Thus he answered, I like it too. It's not cold to me. Then, in a great effort to channel some of his father's suave appeal, he gulped and said, a-are you cold? I could sit by you and, uh... w-warm you up, maybe?

She smiled. "Thats sweet of you- but I don't think I can move without falling flat on my face again." She laughed.

She shook slightly. "My fur is mostly just wet from the snow- making me look like a wet rat."

He was sweet- a little awkward, but sweet and very open, which she appreciated. She just wishes her first impression on the other wolf wasn't her falling over. 

"One of my favorite things about the snow is how it twinkles softly as it falls." She added happily. "Not particularly into the slippery part-" A nervous laugh, rembering she made that clear moments ago.

Moriko loved the outdoors, but was somewhat clumsy sometimes as she clearly displayed.
453 Posts
Ooc —
Moriko declined politely, claiming that she was neither cold nor capable of moving, which doused the nervous leaping warmth in Dragomir's belly. She thought he was sweet, but she didn't want him to sit with her to warm her up, so maybe he was looking a little too far into things. It was unlikely he would discard the thought so easily, but at least for now, Dragomir felt a little less like butterflies were eating up his insides.

You don't look like a wet rat! he was quick to stammer, feeling the urgent need to reassure her. Sometimes he felt like that about himself—like he was good for nothing—and it always helped when someone praised him. So he blurted out, complete with a teenage voice crack, I think you're beautiful! But exactly why, Dragomir couldn't say, because he didn't really know Moriko. He wasn't really checking her out, either. He just knew she was being especially kind to him and that made him feel warm and fuzzy inside, so warm and fuzzy that he kind of wanted to kiss her wet cheek.

But he wouldn't. He wasn't that forward. She turned his attention to the snow and he nodded. She could've said she liked how it froze her toes and he would agree with her. It's very pretty, he granted. So, uh... what were you up to before you slipped here?
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
(January 21, 2020, 12:12 PM)Dragomir Wrote: Moriko declined politely, claiming that she was neither cold nor capable of moving, which doused the nervous leaping warmth in Dragomir's belly. She thought he was sweet, but she didn't want him to sit with her to warm her up, so maybe he was looking a little too far into things. It was unlikely he would discard the thought so easily, but at least for now, Dragomir felt a little less like butterflies were eating up his insides.

You don't look like a wet rat! he was quick to stammer, feeling the urgent need to reassure her. Sometimes he felt like that about himself—like he was good for nothing—and it always helped when someone praised him. So he blurted out, complete with a teenage voice crack, I think you're beautiful! But exactly why, Dragomir couldn't say, because he didn't really know Moriko. He wasn't really checking her out, either. He just knew she was being especially kind to him and that made him feel warm and fuzzy inside, so warm and fuzzy that he kind of wanted to kiss her wet cheek.

But he wouldn't. He wasn't that forward. She turned his attention to the snow and he nodded. She could've said she liked how it froze her toes and he would agree with her. It's very pretty, he granted. So, uh... what were you up to before you slipped here?

She gave a laugh almost immediately, but not a mocking one, on of comfort and joyfulness.

"You're very sweet, I've just met you and all you've got is nice things to say. I see you wear your kindness on the outermost coat of your fur."

She a genuienly happy smile. It was good to see someone young being happy, instead of unusually angsty or even upset. He seemed very genuine as well.

"You owe some of that confidence that you're handing out for yourself as well though."  She flicked her ear as she continuned. "Don't forget to give your kindness to yourself as well."

She inhaled softly, smelling the crispness of the snow as she enjoyed it. She heard soft crunching from various sources, a noise of winter. Moriko loved all seasons, they all had their little quirks. Things that only they had to offer to her and the planet.

"I was looking for small dens that may have been caved in from the snow."She wagged her tail happily. "As the animals within them could have gotten stuck- thus provided easy snack access!"

Really Moriko? Snack access?
453 Posts
Ooc —
Where Moriko went next was deep, unbeknownst to her, and cut right to the heart of him. Dragomir tried to be kind on the outside mostly to drown out the suspicion and hurt that forever followed him. His kidnapping and subsequent injuries had buried him in fear and darkness. His mother's abandonment when he needed her most had cut him to the bone. His father's death was a constant source of grief. His sister, a constant source of worry. All of these things threatened to make Dragomir jaded and distrustful, the same angsty youth Moriko was glad he wasn't... but he didn't want to be that way, and so he fought it by working hard and attempting to remain kind and open.

But when it came to loving himself, and being kind to himself, that was harder. There was always a voice in the back of his head trying to persuade him that he was worthless. That his mother left because he was nothing but a burden. That his father died because he was weak and pathetic. That his sister left because she was tired of looking after him. That Hydra and Arcturus and Dirge only tolerated him because they must. That Mahler never came looking for him because he'd never truly wanted to bring Drago back to Diaspora for the winter. There was a devil on his shoulder always trying to make him paranoid, and so it was difficult for Dragomir to be kind to himself, because on some level, he hated himself for everything that ever happened.

He realized he'd been silent for a while, longer than was typical, and he cleared his throat. He didn't have a response for Moriko's compliments and suggestions and would've stood there awkwardly if not for the change of subject, which he appreciated immensely. Snackcess, he blurted before he could stop himself, followed by an upward twitch of his lips. It wasn't that funny. Don't laugh at yourself like a loser, said the voice, and Dragomir squashed it down.

Do you wanna still look for some? I like hunting, he said, by way of explanation.
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
Moriko, on the other hand snorted loudly before laughing.

"Snackcess-! That's a good one- you should trademark that-" She's giggling to herself.

She shook and wiggled a bit- shaking some leftover dampness from the snow off.

"If you'd like to I wouldn't mind at all-! Your nose will get cold though- its a lot of sticking your nose in holes and biting."

She scraped at the snow with her paws lightly while bouncing on them. "I could also show you how to feel the movement- sometimes you are able to feel the movements of the animal underground- or rather- if the soil is thick or hollow."

She was hoping that her odd ways of... Snack research wouldn't strike this wolf by surprise and make him weirded out of uncomfortable. She was always happy to offer her ways if they helped, and loved to teach them as well. They had helped her get through some tough and lonely times in her many travels by herself, and was happy to help her fellow pack memebers by passing those methods down.

"I aplogize if my methods are somewhat odd-" She added, giving a small nervous smile.

She'd never really taught a teen or even talked to a teen about her hunting methods. They could be... a bit judemental to say the least, which is normal during that time in life. But still- Moriko would rather not be seen as strange and weird, even if it was just because of a teen phase.
453 Posts
Ooc —
Once Moriko laughed, Dragomir allowed himself a self-indulgent grin and a chuckle. I'll think about it, he promised, although he didn't know how he would go about trademarking it. Spreading it around as Moonspear jargon? That, he could probably manage. Dragomir was glad she offered to not only hunt with him, but to show him how she found animals under the snow. It meant he could spend more time with her, get to know her better, and sharpen his skills in the process.

What Moriko described next did sound strange, but Dragomir had luckily bypassed the judgmental, snotty teenager phase of his development thanks to being too busy mourning the losses of his parents and recovering from his own traumas. Instead, he said, you must have pretty sensitive paws to be able to feel stuff like that. He wasn't sure he would be able to do it even if he tried; his were calloused from walking up and down the mountain every day.
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
She gives a small laugh.

Not sensitivity- focus and somewhat practice- here.” She slowly stepped over to a small patch of snow, gesturing to follow.

She took a deep breath, exhaling before she replanted her paws in place, repeating her breathing.

Do you feel that? Thats the vibrations of the Earth below your feet.” Cue a happy lil smile and a tail wag. “If you focus over an area where you think there is a den-or hollowed area within the Earth- an animal scurryrinv disrupts the feeling beneath your paws and legs.”

She sits, adding awkwardly. “It took me a long time to figure it out- but when youre hungry and alone for so long you become aware of these things- also helps with boredom  though it only works if the animal isnt too deep. This is more of a last resort method- as it doesnt always work.” A small smirk. “Digging in caved in dens has better results- per usual.”
453 Posts
Ooc —
Dragomir pressed his paws into the snow, watching the way Moriko did it and doing his very best to copy her movements exactly. Throughout her explanation he did everything he could think of to bring greater feeling to his feet. He flexed his toes against the ground. He wiggled them in the snow. He closed his eyes and took a slow breath, trying to push all his focus down into his paws. In the end, he wasn't able to feel any kind of vibration or sensation in them besides the chill bite of the snow.

The crush of failure threatened to seep into his chest, but Moriko's assurance that it took her a long time to be able to do it helped. It's really cool that you can do this, said Dragomir. I can't feel anything but... maybe I just need to practice more?
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
She laughed softly.

”Of course- practice makes perfect!” She let out a small sigh, freeing her paws. “It was also something I learned when I was starved and alone, somethung that also helped me ground myself and calm down.”

She gave a dorky smile, teasing. “I don’t suggest learning that way though.”

She flicked her ear, wiggling before she let out a loooooong stretch. Her body felt stiff from the cold- frozen even.

”The method of hunting down snowed in dens works much better- and faster, though I admire your attempt.”

She did really, it made her feel less weird and flattered that he actually tried her methid, as goofy as it sounded.
453 Posts
Ooc —
Dragomir had to agree—he didn't want to learn anything by necessity due to being hungry and alone. He'd felt enough hunger during the famine that he never wanted to have to face that again. Doing it without the support of a pack was unthinkable. Luckily, he had no reason or plans to leave Moonspear anytime soon. Ever, if he could help it. They were stuck with him whether they liked it or not.

I'll keep practicing anyway, he assured Moriko with a grin. Even if he never succeeded in finding prey using her unusual method, it was something worth adding to his repertoire of skills. Besides, he admired her creativity.

It was then that a howl, a specific summons for him for a lesson he'd forgot about, drifted through the mountain air. Oh, crap! Dragomir exclaimed, ears perking. I forgot I was supposed to meet Hydra for border patrol later! And later happened to be now. He'd spent more time with Moriko than he thought. Shooting her a sheepishly apologetic look, the boy said, thanks for teaching me something! I'll see you around? before turning and heading off up the slope to attend the summons, tail appropriately tucked in light of his forgetfulness.

I'm trying to close out some older threads, so do you mind if we wrap up here?