Duck Lake every night I'll be with you
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Private 

Every so often the life of the Court became a blur of business. Patrolling and refreshing the borders, hunting, making sure things were alright within the Vale. And Star would spend all that time working for the benefit of the pack- but in six years of life, she had learned the value of a rest day. So she took a little walk beyond the borders. The Vale was home, sure- but it was not yet a place of rest or relaxation. It was a place to work. And so she left the mountains, headed to the valley. 

Many years ago this place had been brimming with life. She could've come here as a kid and always stumbled upon a swiftcurrent wolf, or maybe some friendly stranger. And though she reflected on the good times, she had had bad memories here too- being chased by Crescendo after being freed from him, contemplating the value of her own life. The memories flashed before her briefly, and she shook them away. 

As she found a comfortable spot among the snow and grass, she turned a few circles before curling up, black nose pointed towards the water while she gazed down to the gentle ripples. The little snowball nearly blended right in with the landscape, were it not for that faded crimson marking upon her head.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Despite all the time that had past between then and now he still remembered her like yesterday. Only a few weeks prior he had been here, repeating the same memories over in his mind. Still hearing her voice in the back of his mind like a whisper that would never leave his ear. We could, maybe... meet here again? "I'll be there Gorgeous" he huffed to himself under his breath.

Having been in the area over the past few weeks he couldn't bring himself to leave it often finding himself resting in the aspen woods close by. His next destination would be much harder to visit and leave but that would be for another day.

Today he set back toward the water and as if it were a few weeks ago another white female came into his view. This time he was much more warry about speculating if it would have been her, he knew it wasn't her. A reddened mark on her head made sure of that. Clearing his mind and lightly shaking off the snow that had made its way onto his pelt.

As he walked towards her along the waters edge the red mark on her forehead became more apparent but not detailed enough for him to make it out. "Evening Miss" he said politely not wanting to startle her.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
A gentle voice interrupts her quiet, and slowly white head turns to see. Dark eyes gaze up at a patchwork man fashioned of chocolate and darkness, pale ashy eyes a contrast to her own. Before she speaks up, Star notices the scar that marks one eyes. Was he a warrior as she was? He held no pack scent, but that eye told some story, just as her own scars did.

Clearing her throat and rising up to stand, she hums softly, "Hello, Sir." It wasn't Star's typical address- but having him greet her as Miss made her feel she ought to return the same politeness. It was an odd formality to use with a stranger, but somehow his use of it made him seem learned- raised in etiquette, perhaps. "Are you from around here?" She wonders, feeling the need to fill a silence, all the while dark eyes still tracing over his figure.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
As she stood to greet him her shortened stature became apparent, along with the realization that the fluff of her pelt was not merely an allusion of fallen snow. Glancing her over he noticed an interesting marking on her shoulder, one that didn't look naturally formed, perhaps intentional. He could smell competing scents along with hers but none he could recognize. Perhaps that marking was symbolic to the group she aligned herself with.

Though her question was simple the answers was somewhat... complicated. "One could say so. Though I haven't called it home for some time now." he stated. Again he looked to the red marking on her forehead. Unable to resist his possible concern for her well being he asked "Um... Forgive me for my intrusiveness. But you are not injured are you?" he asked gesturing to the marking. He couldn't be certain that it wasn't blood though it didn't appear to be flowing if it was.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Like her, he said the place had once been home, long ago. She nods knowingly. She could understand the draw to return to places filled with nostalgia- that's why she was here now. Then, surprisingly, he asks about the pawprint stained into her fur. 

Dark eyes widen and she can't help but release a little chuckle. How long had it been since she'd heard someone be so direct? Most did not dare to ask about her strange marks or scarring. Generally she appreciated it- but now, being asked of it, she found herself intrigued by his boldness. "It's okay, I'm not injured. It is a mark from many years ago." She pauses, hesitant. But continues, trying not to worry about oversharing. "I was a captive. The man who was my master there marked me with this. It's a permanent reminder of that experience... but I'm fine now, of course." She sighs.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
His concern faded hearing the mark was not recent but rekindled after learning of its true origins. She had been a victim of capture and permanently marked from it, both physically and no doubt mentally as well. Everyone's experiences were different and though he had never been captured it made him think of Cebra and what that man had done to her and how she was never truly the same after.

Yet again his boldness had led him into an uncomfortable place. He thought about how it wasn't best to go any deeper into the subject but couldn't help but just had to say, "I'm sorry for mentioning it." he said earnestly. "You probably don't require further remembrance... But it's good that you're better now. The past can never change, but the way we feel can." after pausing a moment "Sorry... my name is Howl by the way. I've learned quite about you rather quickly yet you don't know my name, nor I yours." he said before lightly lowing his head towards her.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Realizing she perhaps made the situation uncomfortable, her ears flatten slightly on her head with shyness. "No, no, my apologies... I made things awkward. But you're right. The past is as it is, but I still have the future." She breathes. His words were simple enough- and yet they resounded within her soul deeply. She felt understood. 

He introduces himsef as Howl- which she finis interesting although a bit strange. Like a wolf being named Bark or Grunt. He mentions that he's learned about her quite fast, and she chuckles. "I'm Star. And since you know quite a bit about me now... how about you tell me about yourself?" She laughs sweetly, dark eyes sparkling. It felt good to be around someone similar in age, who did not seem to mind her sharing of story.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
At least he wasn't the only one that thought the topic was rather unexpected. Luckily his words had been positively received and hadn't furthered the uncomfortability.

Star. A simple yet appropriate name he thought, looking into her darkened eyes, a strong contrast from her pelt, sparkling from the reflecting white snow. "A pleasure to meet you Star." he said in her usual gentlemanly tone. She went on to ask about himself as compensation for his knowledge about her. The rules of this game didn't seem all that fair, but he understood the implication and honorably oblidged. 

"Alright then..." he said with a deep chuckle before taking a seat and looking to his thoughts for an answer. "I don't know that any part of my life would be equally weighty as your own. Though someone I cared for had been in a similar circumstance, but that's not my story to tell." he rambled. "Mine seems so much simpler... I meet a girl. Joined her pack. Rose in station second only to its leader..." he paused his smile slowly fading. "She died... I left... tried to start over and... the rest is kinda messy" he said flippantly with another light chuckle hiding the weight of emotion behind the entailed events.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Howl begins to tell her that his life had not been as weighty as her own. She nods, fairly unsurprised, until he brings up a story of a dead girl... a lost love, perhaps. Maybe it was because her years had desensitized her to her own tale- but his seemed heavier to her. Sure, she had bled. Been drugged, even. But she hadn't experienced that kind of loss. The loss of one who was the dearest to you. His chuckle did little to lighten the topic. 

Her midnight gaze drifts to her paws, feeling uncomfortable to meet his eyes. If only she could recite such well-chosen words as him. What could she say to console him? At least a word of politeness? "That sounds awful weighty to me. I'm so sorry for your loss." She murmurs, the words feeling thick in her throat. Her gaze moves back to his face, and she wonders if she's said the right thing. "I hope you're doing better now. I couldn't possibly understand what you went through." She sighs. At least she had gotten what she wanted- a bit of background, a little snippet of a story. At this time, both knew eachother well, and yet barely knew eachother at all. It was an unusual first meeting.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Despite his attempts to make light of the situation she still gave her condolences after acknowledging his experience. She expressed her hope for his improvement in the present. He appreciated the sentiment but had to think for a moment as to if he really was better. Right after, he had been a wreck but he was just surviving at this point, not having experienced importance since. "I don't know that I can claim to be better, but... It hurts less." he said earnestly.

"Seeing as how we've already delved deep enough into each other's hardships... perhaps we could talk about some good things." he said looking to her with a faint smile. They were already so deep into each other's cobwebs of experiences, nothing could make it more awkward. "I'll start" he stated jokingly insinuating her future reciprocation as he had done for her. "That girl I mentioned... I meet her here, during the summer." he said with a genuine smile on his face thinking back to that day.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Once again, she agrees with his next statement- of not being especially better, but the pain lightened. She'd felt that way before. At this point, she'd call herself better- but a year or two ago, she'd still struggled with what had happened to her. When the pain was fresher. Star only hoped that one day the pain would be entirely eased for him, as it was for her by now. 

He changes the topic, and she chuckles in agreement. He was right, that they ought to lighten the atmosphere. Tension and heaviness had quickly filled their conversation, and she was fine with moving on from it. When he tells her he'd meet the girl here, her dark eyes widen slightly. "Oh, this place must be full of memories for you then..." She thinks out loud. "So you'd meet her here? Was there a significance to this spot in particular, or...?" Her voice trails off as she waits for him to answer.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Her assumptions were, in fact, correct every time he entered the boundaries of this lake he thought again back to those days, those meetings, their... interactions. "I sorta just stumbled upon her, no particular reason for it. This became our little randevu point away from her pack. I was alone at the time." he explained. He had been the bringer of her light when her mind was dark, and in turn, she incidentally did the same. "Any love stories of your own?" he asked.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
He tells her the answer to her question before firing one back at herself. She shed, ducking her head a little. Love was not a topic she discussed often, and even with all her years she still felt youthful and innocent in this aspect. She'd spent so much of her life training to fight and hunt and serve for her people, that she'd spared little time for romance. It was still something that pained her- she'd always longed for children and a mate. It had just passed her by. 

Not many. She tells him, and continues quietly- I had little bits of romance here and there, but never anything significant. Nothing long-term. I never even had children, She sighs, her tone a tad melancholy.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Upon his question, he saw her turn away and lower herself, visibly unsettled by the subject. He wondered if she had lost someone also, but soon learned that it was lack of experience that had her so dejected. With his bevy of experiences, it sometimes shocked him to hear that women of beauty could be left untouched and undesired. But he did understand a lack of longevity. Sparking a fire was simple, fueling it and keeping it burning was a much heavier task. Thinking back to Heartha and their conversation here, he hoped it wouldn't take the same turn.

In an attempt to try and lift her spirits he commented "Ah I see... That would make sense, I mean look at you... It's no wonder no one stuck around..." he taunted "It must be very hard to find a man worthy of possessing such exquisite beauty" he pronounced genuinely with a charming smile.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
His returned comment, at first, she thought it was going to be an insult- no wonder no one stuck around. But as he finished his compliment, Star blushed profusely. How long had it been since she'd felt like this? And his charming smile on top of it all, had the snow of her cheeks melting at the red-hot of her nervousness. I- um... She tried to mumble awkwardly, but was unable to find her words. She felt like a youngster again, tripping over her phrases and easily moved. 

But as obsidian eyes looked him up and down again... she couldn't help but notice his own handsomeness. No wonder he had her so moved! He was a charming gentleman, bold and yet not too forward, a perfect mix. Th-thank you... you... you're quite handsome yourself, Howl, She stuttered nervously. She had the courage to be bold in all means of battle, hunting, or war- but when it came to boldness with men, she was rather lacking. Already Star had made a big step in a complement towards him.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Seeing the red burst through the white of her cheek brought him great satisfaction that he couldn't hide as his smile grew enormously. Her response was so adorable and sweet. Knowing that someone that had been through so much hardship could still experience such joy, and for him to have brought that to her, brought him a level of comfort. 

Nervously she returned the sentiment complementing him aswell. It was always nice to hear, despite how often he had heard it in the past. Smile still vibrant on his face he replied "It's truly an honor to have received your gaze and be rewarded with such a judgment" unable to resist an opportunity to flatter.

His glance moved to the water. To where he had been long ago. In a more genuine tone, he uttered "Do not be disheartened. Love has no time limit. If you wish for it... You'll find it... It might even find you without prompt" He thought back to Heartha, similarly "past her prime" yet still full of life and so capable of caring. She may have been older than Star was now, something Howl didn't even get a chance to care about back then. It hasn't mattered.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
He seemed satisfied with himself for causing her such feelings, as a bright smile filled his face. She giggled a little at the sight of his joy, so apparent on his face. He was thankful for her complement in the same way she'd been thankful for his! Perhaps being bold was not so bad after all. She had still worried that he would find it strange to hear her call him handsome- but things had worked out fine. Tension ebbed from her shoulders as she relaxed, feeling at ease once again. 

She watched as his ashen eyes left her, turning back towards the lake that meant so much to both of them. His next wwords were profound and comforting. Love has no time limit. He was right, she thought. Star had always assumed it was too late for her. But perhaps she still had a chance at the calm family life she'd always wanted to experience. Perhaps it wasn't too late after all. So she nods, telling him, You're right, Howl. I thought I was too old... but who knows? I still have my chance. And your girl... do you think she would've been okay with you having a second chance? She wonders. Maybe Howl was like Star, still looking for a family life of his own. She doubted it- most men were interested in pretty women but not enough to stick around for the kids. But maybe Howl would prove her assumption about men wrong.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
(Phone Post)

His head turned back to her at the mention of a second chance. What would Heartha have wanted if she could have seen the future and her fate? What might have she said to him? He thought about it for a moment only to lightly chuckle a few moments after. "Perhaps... but the..." he took a moment to think "4 chances I was given following her didn't really work out for me either." he said regettingly, not even mentioning the fact that she hadn't been his first chance. He thought back to her and what she had said I'm sorry"I know she would want me to have more then I have now" he said with an earnest shrug and light smile.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Four chances? He seemed to be quite the lady magnet, Star thought with a smirk. She had never been so lucky- scarred and stained from the time she was a yearling. But perhaps he was not so lucky after all, as he says he chances didn't work out. She feels pity for him then, for she could understand his emotions well. Even if she had not had so many chances, both of them had suffered a life without children. A life without a happy family to look after. He had had Heartha- once- and then she was gone.

Finally he says the girl would've wanted him to have more, and Star nods solemnly. A moment of silence, and then she murmurs, Why don't you chase it then? The life you want? If it would've made her happy... She sighs, wanting to give herself the same advice. Chase your dream. Don't let it escape you.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Her questions seemed simple. As though they should have had simple and quick answers. Why not chase one's dreams? Why not live one's best life? But if such questions had simple answers wouldn't everyone find themselves in their best life. "I don't think it's a question of why not... but rather how. I don't know what that life would be, or how to get there. To go after something without direction might lead me to chase something the wrong way... Or my own tail." he said with a light chuckle. It seemed like most of his action after her passing had just been repetitions of the same mistakes over and over again, running in circles.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
He made plenty of solid points. One could always try to pursue their dreams- but there were so many mistakes that could be made on the way. Perhaps that was why she hadn't tried. The fear of failure. It had her within its grip, always holding her back from doing more, from being the best version of herself. But life couldn't always be a dream, and there were bound to be imperfections. And so she would stay the same as she had been all her life- a hunter-warrior, loyal to her pack as her pack was the only family she had.

Fair enough, She chuckles in agreeing response to his wisdom. No matter how wise you think you are, it seems like there's always places to trip up. Star adds. Feeling weighted by the heavy discussion, silenty she wonders if the conversation will lighten up- but she's a little shy about taking control of the atmosphere between them, and so she says nothing.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Wrap it up soonish??

She expressed her sympathy and the common obstacles associated with going after one's dreams. Another important point to be made that even if one's dreams were known it didn't mean they would be easy to pursue. The conversation went quite the moment following. A rather deep conversation halted at uncertainty.

He let out a sign and rested a soft smile on his face. Looking over at her hoping to catch her eye.  "Sometimes those obstacles make the journey worth it in the end. If you know what you seek... I urge you so seek them out." he expressed. "And perhaps in the meantime I can do my best to help others in their own pursuits. 
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
sounds good, I will throw up a new thread for us between their territories and tag you

Catch her eye she did, for she gazed into his eyes with a newfound respect. Less than an hour spent together, and yet had already come so far in their conversation. Tjis is what she appreciated about conversations with those closer to her in age- they had enough life experience to enroach on deeper topics. Conversations with the youngsters always seemed to go the same direction- what's your name, where are you from, you do want to patrol together? And never much more. But Howl brought his intellect and experience to the table, and she was deeply happy that she'd met him here today.  

She nods solemnly at his statements about the obstacles making the end worth it. Often, I find the reward is much sweeter to achieve after you've failed reaching it a million times. Before winning comes defeat, and it makes the win ever-more significant. She could feel their time together today coming to a close, but Star knew in her heart that they would surely meet again. This was not the last time she would see him; she promised to herself. I'll seek it the best I can... but as for helping others, you and I both. And maybe next time we see eachother, whether it's a few weeks or a few months... maybe we'll both be closer to our goals. A final sigh then, as she gazes up at Howl with dark bambi eyes, awaiting the bittersweet farewell- even if it was only a temporary departure.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
He let her words silently resonate with him. Perhaps what she was saying was true. Despite previous failures, if one continued to pursue something even after failing for the millionth time then the success would be far sweeter then if it had come easily. Their conversation leading up to now had made him think. Not knowing what it was he wanted to have a better life, perhaps looking at an area in which he had failed times before but somehow unknowingly kept trying to pursue would be a better outlook for him.

It seemed his words had been taken to heart as she professed her desire to seek out her goals. She spoke of both of their progress and additionally insinuated a future meeting between the two. Howl didn't mind this as he had enjoyed the accidentally intrusive conversation. A smile came upon his face as she finished her words. "It seems you believe us to be fated to meet again." he teased lightly. "Tis a fate I would not disapprove of... but if by chance fate is not so forgiving. If you wish to see me again all one must do is... well... Howl." he said with a light chuckle knowing how silly such a statement often sounded. He took a step towards her to close the gap between them, and upon her allowance, he would gently brush his cheek against hers in farewell, before looking at her one last time and trotting away.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
His little tease had her giggle; she felt like a girl once again. At his final joke, she rolled her eyes- men and their foolish puns. But she would be lying if she claimed she were not somewhat amused by it. When he closes the gap, she shys at his touch, feel her skin heat where he touched it. I'm a grown woman... why am I having such feelings? She thought it much simpler not to think about it. Emotions were complicated, and it was why she often avoided the touchy-feely side of things, opting to work as a stone-cold warrior. But today's conversation had softened her- and so, as they both exit, she has much on her mind to ponder.