Wapun Meadow Oh, don't yiz hear the old man say?
109 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Away
All Welcome 
Her journey always continued, always wandering, always on her feet, be it through summer or winter, she continued onwards, for treasure. Norsamu been through a few ruffles, a few packs, few flings, and before she knew it her third winter had arrived. She was still young and still on the move, Norsamu wanted to do what she could- forever. Unknowingly her paws started to backtrack the lands, ending up in a nearly familiar place. She nearly been in one pack within the particular wilds, and ended up in another; but all by the sea. However was not memorizable, thus felt like a new start to her.

The pirate ended up in a meadows, keeping away from the waters due to their chill. While having a thick mane, she still preferred to remain comfort within warmth- maybe with another.. Could be hormones talking, but while the season was here, she was not. However still would be wary, Norsamu had no desire for leeches, while she didn't mind them in general, if she had them, was another story. A selfless birth and an eternal give to the youngones, a fully-stop to her journey she did not want anytime soon. Though in a way she may count as a hypocrite, while not wanting a family, she doesn't mind joinin' a family here and there, a gang of wolves. As long as she ain't producing.
"O say was you ever in Rio Grande?
A-weigh, you Rio!
It's there that the river brings down golden sand
For we're bound for the Rio Grande

And away, boys, away
A-weigh, you Rio!
It's fare-you-well my bonny young girls
And we're bound for the Rio Grande

It's fare well to you all the girls of the town
A-weigh, you Rio!
You got our half-pay for to keep you around
And we're bound for the Rio Grande!

She's a deep water ship and a deep water crew
A-weigh, you Rio!
You can keep to the coast but we're damned if we do
And we're bound for the Rio Grande!

We was sick of the beach when our money was gone
A-weigh, you Rio!
And sign in this packet to drive her along
And we're bound for the Rio Grande!"

Sea Shanties
Now we are ready to sail for the Horn
Weigh hey, roll and go!
Our boots and our clothes, boys, are all in the pawn
To be rollicking randy dandy-O!
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Baba had been trying to show him the plants again but Ashlar had not been able to pay attention.  He tried his hardest, but his thoughts whirled about, more concerned with the beauty and the color than the uses his father laid out.  The boy didn't want to think about hurt or sick wolves when he saw a flower.  He preferred the scent of it there, stem intact.

Baba was fortunately forgiving and sent him laughing to play.  Ashlar did not want to wander far but his curious nature overwhelmed him.  He had a carefree and open heart and the horizon called to it.

A song!  Ashlar heard the singing before he saw the wolf and his mind delighted in it!  The youth began to croon a low sound, his contra trying to match the shanty that traveled near the lake.  Ashlar did not wonder if the stranger was friendly.  A song was never to be feared.
109 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Away
Out came what was like a yowling cat, but distinguished as a small wolf. She knew another came out to play along, but her song had ended! Though that didn't mean Norsamu wouldn't continue her songs, as the other followed through her shanties,
"As I was going to Derby, 'twas on a market day
I met the finest ram, sirs, that ever was fed upon hay!"

Though she didn't want to sing with the unknown calling out to her, so while loudly her singing blared to the skies, she begun to seek the one who desired to follow along her sea tales. 
"That's a lie, that's a lie
That's a lie, a lie, a lie!

This ram and I got drunk, sir, as drunk as drunk could be
And when we sobered up, sir, we were far away out on the sea!"

Golden eyes gleamed as she caught the lil' cat hidden away, searching him out. She was grinning while playing a musical, approaching the earthy-lad. He reminded her of the darken sea, glistening as the moonlight highlighted the beauty, for she admitted he was a dashing lil' one, a sure-win lady killer once older.

"This wonderful old ram, sir, was playful as a kid;
He swallowed the captain's spyglass along with the bo'sun's fid

One morning on the poop, sir, afore eight bells was struck
He climbed up to the sky's I yard an' sat down on the truck

This wonderful ol' ram, sir, he tried a silly trick
He tried to jump a five-barred fence and landed in a rick

This wonderful ol' ram, sir, it grew two horns of brass
One grew out o' his shoulder blade, t'other turned into a mast

An' when this ram was killed, sir, the butcher was covered in blood
Five and twenty butcher boys was carried away the flood

An' when this ram was dead, sir, they buried it in St. Joan's
It took ten men an' an elephant to carry one of its bones!"

Her song had ended while an endearing grin came down to the youngin', as she asked, "Now lad, who be you?"
Sea Shanties
Weigh hey, roll and go!
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Ashlar's voice faded as the song did.  He fell into a small, regretful smile as it did.  He loved to sing! He had some trouble at times finding the melody, but his young voice was fine.  To Ashlar, finding the way his voice fit among the melody was a game, and he'd begun to weave a harmony just as the shanty closed.

His smile turned joyous as a second song began, and he again began to sing wordlessly along.  Ashlar searched for her just as she did him, and inevitably they collided in a fateful meeting.  He was dazzled; wherever did she learn such wonderful songs!?

There were obvious stars glistening in his eyes as he stared, watching her belt out her shanty garrulously to the world.  His own song faded as he just tuned in and listened.  Awe shone forth.

Suddenly it was done.  He felt timidity creep up his throat, catching his words and muting them in the face of such a presence.  Umm, A-ashlar, he stumbled, softly.  Then he was unable to help himself.  Wh... what's an elephant?
109 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Away
Norsamu attempted to use her large paws to rather, unknowingly, aggressively rub his head if he didn't dodge, "don't be shy! ya just sung like a sailor!" She laughed at his now timid nature, finding the lil' youngin a humourous one, "i'm Norsamu," she would greet back with a dashing smile.

"Y'know, thinkin' about it, never seen em," personally, the Pirate has never seen nor' heard of others on what they were, besides the folklor of the old timers in her younger days, "but they told me, like a fatass elk, but their antlers? In their mouth! Bigass ears, aye, rabbit-like? Long nose.. longer then a woodpeckers beak."
Sea Shanties
Weigh hey, roll and go!
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Don't be shy.  Ashlar ducked his head nervously, but his smile grew tenfold.  He thought that perhaps sung like a sailor was one of the best compliments he'd ever heard.  He was not sure what a sailor was, but he decided if it was anything like this woman, he wanted to be one.  

They sound amazing, he said, then came a bit closer.  Where did you learn those songs?  His second question came out even more eagerly, and he forgot a lot of his nervousness in his excitement.  Mama's songs had been gentler.  These were wild.
109 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Away
thanks for the thread but im going to retire norsamu for the time being!!
too many characters aaa
ashlar precious i'd love to thread with him with my other characters!

"From my folks," her crew, the ones who raised her. A pirate crew of the Rosen Rogues, a bunch of barbarians who stole and searched for treasure, passing those same traits onto her. Though speaking of folks, "little guy," Norsamu started, "where ya folks at?" He was such a young lil' one but he was without a parent! "I gotta go my guy, so make sure you get home, aye?"
Sea Shanties
Weigh hey, roll and go!
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He was thrilled to hear where she learned the songs from, but just as Ashlar was working up the words to ask to learn some more, the woman said she needed to leave.  Ashlar immediately deflated a bit visibly with disappointment, but he could not be too upset about it.  She had already given him one good song.

Oh.  Umm, okay.  I will.  He responded a little softer, then lifted his golden eyes to her.  Maybe I can learn to sing like a sailor, and next time we meet, I can give you a song.  It was a bold statement for him and he blushed immediately after as he fought the urge to tuck into himself.  Whatever she replied, he would soon after turn and take himself back to where baba waited for him.