Shy Deer Steppes Win the heroes' trust so you can betray them later
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
All Welcome 
Ever since he began planning to leave the Haunt, Black Hat had his eyes on the mesa and its lion head mountain. Having just departed hours ago, he found himself in the midst of a barren grassy expanse. Snow lightly drifted down from the clouds to coat the dry plains in a thin white sheet.

He noticed a small herd of ungulates in the distance, though he couldn't recognize the species from here. They were sandy in color with snow white underbellies and strange pronged horns. He decided he'd simply call them "pronghorns" for simplicity's sake. Their fawns caught his attention, aged but still clearly young and vulnerable. He stalked closer, though he'd observe their behavior from a distance before striking.
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
2 Posts
Ooc — Zak/Kyokuaku
Snout pressed to the cold ground, Negate was tracing this morning's pawsteps back to a spot he had found earlier that week. A hidden sleeping spot he'd scratched out beneath some berry brambles. He had been traveling alone for so long that every sound, every brush of dead grass, it all made him as flighty as a deer. His bright eyes peeked up at a small, stray walnut tree. It was unmistakable, he was going the right way. He'd only seen one of them since traveling to this area.

He looked down at his large paws, then ahead of him. He'd sensed small prey nearby, but was too groggy to go and hunt for it now. Dawn was his favorite time to find a meal. He returned to his slow, careful stride to his sleeping area, unafraid of spooking anything nearby. Snowflakes melted off of his nose, he was tired of this weather already.
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
A blue blip in the distance was coming his way on what appeared to be a one-way track to a set destination. His underside was stark white like the pronghorns, but this being was lupine. Perhaps he'd agree to be hunting partners. Black Hat trotted over to intercept him, wispy tail billowing like a banner in the wind.

Good afternoon, He courtiously greeted, somehow able to bend his raspy voice into sounding smooth. I've my eyes on that herd over there and was wondering if you'd be up for a hunt. He gestured to it with his snout. They were both lone wolves in the dead of winter; only a fool would turn down such an opportunity.
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
2 Posts
Ooc — Zak/Kyokuaku
A big flinch sped down Negate's haunches, hackles twitching, his ears sprang forward to hear who'd just spoken to him. Upon seeing a glimpse of a dark form in the corner of his eye, he turned his entire body and anxiously sized up the other male. 'I've never noticed HIS scent before. Maybe it's just hunger..?'

"Hello.. I've not dared do it alone, but you-" He paused, sniffing the air as if it hid other secrets. "You seem different than most others I've run into." He let his tail wag slightly, he hadn't been able to speak to anybody in so long that he expected at any moment to be chased off. He'd just gotten his makeshift den comfortable enough for him to stay there until the next snow melt.

"I am called Negate. What are you called?" His brows lifted as if to purposely show the other wolf his injured right eye. It was habitual at this point.
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
"You seem different than most others I've run into." Black Hat tilted his head and chuckled.

That's because I am, He said with a crescentic yellow grin. Even without knowing what types of wolves this man had met, Black Hat knew he was one of a kind. The stranger introduced himself as "Negate", an interesting name, but not entirely awful. Black Hat, He offered. Would you dare to try your luck hunting with me, Negate?
♚ JOIN CORONA