Stone Circle and the smell of the ground.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
Private 
she is certain, now—though there is an odd moment of deju vu as calls for @Valette and @Greyback. once, years ago, her father did much the same; both morningside, and whatever would come of this, stemmed from the same pack. she expects nerves, doubt, but there is only anticipation for what is to come, for the first time in a long while, untarnished hope.

it is morning, and the woman is near the great herds; it is these she watches as she waits for the leader. she ought to be near, according to her usual schedule, though the huntress is content to wait as she watches the gentle grazing of the far-out bison.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette heard the familiar tones of Dawn and was quick to respond to it. She was curious for what need her pack member needed her. Valette made her way through the territory towards Dawn. The matriarch had been busy with gaining a better weight so her body would go in heat. After all, she wanted another litter with Greyback and each day winter continued Valette wondered why she didn't have her heat yet. It had been frustrating really. She shoved that thought away when she saw Dawn. "Hi Dawn. What is it?," she asked curiously.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
"valette," she greets, dipping her head accordingly. "there's something I need to talk to you about." she reveals, shifting somewhat. she could stay here. she admires the woman; there is much she could still learn, from her. they could settle into this echo of the past, it would be easy. they would be content. but she is tired of striving, settling for that simple happiness, and knows what her family needs. 

"Sunny, Minnow, all of us—we need a fresh start. we've lost so much, and still you took us in, allowed us to join your ranks. for that, I am forever grateful, and in debt to you." a breath, and then, "but I think—I know, it's time for us to go. my father did the same, long ago; the years morningside stood were the best of my life. I want to find that again; create a family like we once had." the latter had a double meaning, she knew, both literally and figuratively. her piece is said, her intent clear, and so she waits for the matriarch's response.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was curious about what Dawn had to say, and she started right away. Valette had not expected what she told her. The matriarch was not really happy with the news of Dawn leaving. Not only Dawn but she would take others with her as well. So, Easthollow took them in an in only less than a few months they would leave again? Valette remembered well when Grayday had left, she had disliked it as well. Dawn's way had been politer that was for certain.

Valette thought back about the time since Grayday left. Morningside had been met with hardship, it had been through lots of trauma, at least that she heard from Sunny. And now Dawn wanted to start that all over again. Easthollow had been the pack that had survived had remained standing. The pack that would take in Dawn and her family every time and what did she get as a thank you... Them leaving again. "It seems that you made up your mind," she spoke to the female once she was done speaking. It was clear that Valette could not muster any fake happiness for the girl.

"I don't like it that you are leaving," she stated, which was a kind version of what she really wanted to say. She didn't want them to leave, especially since Dawn was very much needed in their hunts. Valette wondered, what if it went wrong again, would they come running to Easthollow again for help? "I thought Easthollow was going to be your fresh start. You just started to bond with the other wolves and now you decide to leave already?," Valette returned and then shook her head. She wanted it to be said, she would not stop Dawn and the others from leaving but she did want the female to know what she thought about it.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she does not expect any level of happiness from valette, and so is unsurprised when the woman speaks her mind. she is glad for it, in a way; it is apparent she can trust the leader never to mislead her. she is silent a moment, considering, before repaying valette's blunt honestly with her own. "I know. there is some part of me that wants to remain; I feel I could learn a lot from you, and the wolves of easthollow are good people." but the matriarch is right, and her mind is firm. 

she hesitates a moment before continuing, revealing the other motivation that drives her on. "I was a mother once, Valette. I lost by mate and my pups last season." for once, the grief the admission sparks is dim. "I want to be a mother again, a leader again, and I want to do it right. I've been a poor sister, these past few weeks, and I need to make it up to my brother, too." it is far from her only motivation; far more important are sunny and the rest of her family, scattered as they are. she remembers evergreen's words, her own reply, and she is certain of what she wants and what she will do.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette liked Dawn's reasoning much better as she elaborated. Valette could respect her reasoning more when she explained it the way she did. The matriarch nodded. "I feel better knowing that," she returned to Dawn, feeling her indifference vanished more now she knew. She liked that they could be honest with each other and perhaps it was her mistake to see Dawn more as a child than an adult. Perhaps it was because Sunny always got in trouble and needed saving like a pup. Dawn seemed different.

"I'm sorry you lost your mate. I know how that feels like, both of those things," she returned. "For me it helps to remember them for their strengths and live by them," she offered. She then wondered where dawn would settle. "Were will you locate to? Close?," she questioned.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she is glad when the woman's demeanor shifts; her decision to confide in Valette is not regretted then. the advice she offers is remarkably refreshing, and her muzzle cants a fraction. "I'd never thought of it that way before," she admits. her relationship with Aditya had been complicated, and she knew the worst and best of him. but despite it all, he was still a part of her life, and an important part at that. she'd think on it later, but for now, her expression softens and she offers a soft, "thank you."  

"the taiga, most likely. I know the place well, and it is oft largely empty. there is a stream I remember, from our time on the plains." she considers a moment, before offering, "you, and your wolves, will forever be friends to me, to us. if we establish ourselves, I would like to consider Easthollow a friend, and ally, if you would be open to it." the ball is entirely in the woman's court; it is an offer she makes easily, remembering fondly the easy relationship between Morningside and Easthollow.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded and quirked up her lips into a smile. "That is why we have the stones, so we can be reminded by the strengths of the wolves that are buried there," she added. Perhaps, Dawn was unaware of that fact. She liked her pack mates to know about the meaning of the stone. The female quirked up her lip and then nodded. Just communicating that she was welcome to do so.

The taiga wasn't too far, so if they needed help they could come to their aid. Often it would be more than a day traveling though. Valette dipped her head. Of course we would be open to it." She had been always an ally to Morningside and all the wolves that came from it. It would be weird if she would deny it. "Return to our borders when you are established then," she spoke. Then they would also have a more exact location.