Sleepy Fox Hollow i wanna see the way you look up under all those stars
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
All Welcome 
There were several new faces in Diaspora. Ordinarily, Wylla wouldn't trouble herself with them, having no particular interest in making friends, but as Pionier and someone who intended to keep it that way, it was a job she took seriously. Coming out of heat had put her in a much better mood than she'd been in a long time, so that made the task much easier.

She meandered through the heart of the territory, pausing here and there to refresh scent markings as she went. Her eyes and ears were peeled for signs of @Rian and @Zarya, the two newest members of Diaspora, though she wouldn't turn down the company of @Stag or @Nyx, whom she'd spent almost zero time with. The latter was intentional—she hadn't forgotten how the golden-haired Ostrega defied her authority in Grimnismal and she had a lot of choice words about that—but the former she simply hadn't had the opportunity to encounter.

Any one of them would be met with an unusually pleasant Wylla, albeit one who was keen to put the newcomers to work.
37 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
I'm gonna foredate this a bit (so she can walk) if that's alright!

Zarya still believed she owed Mahler so much more than she could offer at the minute. But earlier, all she was instructed was to meet others and help. So she set off at a sluggish but steady pace, trying not to overwork herself and still healing flank.     

Wandering through the territory Zarya spotted a wolf not too far ahead of her. Picking up the pace a little she came up beside the she-wolf. Lowering her head in courtesy, Zarya began to speak "May I join you?". She inquired the wolf with a curious glance before setting her eyes back ahead of the two. "and any work you may have for me to do in the meantime?" the woman added. Zarya was always the type to get straight to business, she didn't have time to over-socialize, especially with her wounds and debt.
Follow your heart.. 
But take your brain with you
i'm defeated and i gladly wear the crown
266 Posts
Ooc —
Similar to Wylla, Stag had not had the chance to meet most of the new wolves that made up the bulk of Diaspora's rankings. It hadn't been deliberate -- but neither had his attempts to rectify it, either. He went about Diaspora most days keeping to the same isolated spots -- it just so happened today he went a little further than usual, looking for his mother. 

He encountered Wylla in short order, and while he knew her by scent and maybe sight -- he did not know her at all. His ears flattened in subservient reaction as she came to pass him, coupled by a lowered stance and averted gaze. He was still unsure of his place among the adults -- but he knew his ranking was lower than her's. Unsure of whether or not it would be rude to say nothing, Stag mumbled a quiet hello, as she came across his trail.
and it brings me to you, but i won't just past through
i'm not asking for a storm.  
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
In short order, Wylla was joined by one of the very newcomers she was seeking. Zarya was nothing special to look at, a dime-a-dozen tawny wolf, but her ordinary pelt wasn't what drew the eye. It wasn't her green eyes, either, though surely those could appeal to some man or other. It was the way she limped on a back leg that drew Wylla's attention... and criticism.

Do whatever you want, was her crass response. It wasn't Wylla's decision whether Zarya joined her or not; since the Pionier wasn't about to chase off any company, that choice was solely the Geist's. Not sure what you can do with a bum leg. Get in a fight with a cat or something? she asked, dropping her gaze pointedly to the woman's injury. There were plenty of tasks Zarya was fit enough for, but Wylla cared mostly about physical ones—hunting, patrolling the border, scouting and sparring—and none of those was ideal for an injured wolf.

Before she could say anything further on it, they were met with another. Stag still wore the cloak of youth, though even if he was a year older, his freakishly long legs would make him seem like a gangling teen if he maintained those throughout his life. She almost didn't hear his soft greeting, but when she turned her head to look at him, Wylla did a double take. Holy shit, she blurted before she could stop herself. Was your dad a tree or something? It was kind of rude, but she didn't apologize for it. She'd already moved on to the next phase of her plan... though it was more an improv skit than a plan.

We're going to find some reeds to line dens with, she decided, abruptly lumping Zarya in as well. That was something she could manage with her wounded leg, surely. Coming?
37 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Got in a fight with a cat or something? Zarya rolled her eyes slightly with a sliver of a huff. "Actually no. It was Mahler." the woman voiced. With a scrutinizing glance at the woman, the look lasted only a second before she turned her gaze back to the snow. Right after the two were joined by ano- was that the wolf she tried to help whilst trespassing? Zarya knew from just one glance, smirking at Wylla's uncalled for comment, not sure if either could see it because her eyes were still pinned on the ground.

Relieved the woman had finally found something for her to do Zarya glanced up again with her common bare expression. Nodding in agreement with the lady's task she was now required to do. For now, Zarya was still practically useless, and she knew it. Not only was she aware but she still criticized herself for it, sleep hadn't changed her negative and discriminating thoughts. But she was gonna make herself useful one way or another. Hopefully, before she lost her mind.
Follow your heart.. 
266 Posts
Ooc —
oof so sorry, didn't realize i shadowposted!

Stag's gaze pulled from the ground as he realized he had stupidly missed there was not one, but two wolves here. He did a sharp double take as he recognized the second wolf -- the wolf Mahler had chased that day he had been too taken aback to do anything!

Stag's fur prickled along his nape: he was about to growl something about Zarya not belonging here, when Wylla mentioned his father. Stag's face crumpled, like he had been struck by a stone. My father's-- But Wylla was already turning away, and Stag was at a loss for words as he watched her go. 

His gaze slid to the agouti woman, his expression glaring. He didn't care about her limp or hunting reeds. She's not supposed to be here. Stag mumbled, trying to catch up to Wylla, the Adult In The Situation. If allowed, he'd meet her gaze --  imploring her to make it right. 

Stag hadn't gotten the memo about Zarya's acceptance into the pack, and it showed by the way his hackles rose and how mistrusting he was as he stared after her.
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
If Wylla noticed the effect her words had on Stag, she didn't notice it prior to turning away. Likewise, she didn't know anything about Zarya's acceptance to the pack, only that she'd seen the woman in the distance in passing before. She'd assumed she was a newly initiated pack member, but things suddenly started to take a turn for the suspicious.

Why would Mahler maul your leg? she wondered, pinching her brows together. it wasn't like the General to harm his own packmates, or at least she didn't think it was. She knew the man intimately and yet there was still a lot about him she didn't know; who could say if this was unusual for him or not? Stag supplied the final piece of the puzzle; the stilt-legged juvenile peered up to her face with a mumbled revelation and Wylla turned suddenly.

Unless that's true, she said, eyeing Zarya now not as a packmate she could put to work, but a potential threat. If Zarya was a trespasser and not an initiated member of Diaspora, then Mahler mauling her made a lot more sense... and the General harassing her physically could account for his scent on the newcomer's coat, too. It all made sense. Opting to believe Stag, Wylla stretched to her full diminutive height and bared her teeth at the Geist. So why is she here, then?
37 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Zarya watched as Wylla turned on her, teeth bared ready to attack. She was in no mood or condition to fight so she took a step back as to show she was no threat with a worthy eye roll and tried to explain her presence. "Actually, I do belong here. For now at least. I trespassed as to avoid being mauled by a bear. Mahler attacked me. Don't ask me why, but he mended my flank and brought me here as a 'patient'. the geist said glaring at Stag before turning her gaze to the woman. 

"If I had a choice," Zarya snapped with emphasis at the word 'choice' to show her point. "I wouldn't be here. I chose on account of life or death. Unfortunately, I chose life"  Zarya said. It was true, if she could survive without the pack, she wouldn't be here right now. "Also Mahler seemed quite set on the idea of bringing me back, I wasn't about to get in his way." the woman said, standing her ground. 

"I owe Mahler my life. That's why I am here trying to do something productive. Now, can we get to work?" she said whilst stepping forward. If that didn't satisfy the woman she would add more, there were plenty more reasons she was here, one of them being the boy who now stood in front of her. All Zarya had wanted was to distract herself, and these wolves had made it practically impossible.
Follow your heart.. 
266 Posts
Ooc —
The grey she-wolf had caught wind of Stag's uncertainty. Moreover, she addressed it -- by turning upon Zarya.

Stag felt relieved, but he stood his ground next to Wylla. His glare bored into Zarya unrepentantly. It didn't matter he wasn't ranked as high as her being a puppy. He didn't believe a word she said, and he remembered how he had felt when she trespassed. "She trespassed. I was there!" He accused, repeating what Zarya had said -- but not believing the last part of it.

He looked back up to Wylla, his eyes pleading. As he turned his head, one ear flopped from the sudden movement. His brow was wrinkled as he tried to read from the older wolf how to behave, how to act -- and whether to take Zarya's words at face value. He didn't like that she mentioned 'if she had a choice'. It made her sound ungrateful for all Mahler had done (purportedly), and that stroked a flicker of something protective in young Stag's heart.
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
There was a lot wrong with the situation.

For one thing, Zarya's explanation didn't make a lot of sense. She admitted to trespassing, which did little to soften Wylla's opinion of her, but then explained that she was Mahler's ward. Wylla knew the General to be a man of honour, but a territorial one. To help one who disrespected his claim enough to cross the borders uninvited seemed unlike him. At the same time, it bolstered her opinion of Stag for calling the issue to attention.

For another, she didn't seem in the least bit grateful for her stroke of fortune. That was really what hammered the nail in the coffin for Wylla. If what Zarya said was true, which she doubted, then the Geist owed Mahler her life and then some for not sending her to an early grave for trespassing. A fact she acknowledged. And yet she had the gall to not only express a lack of gratitude for it to Mahler's Pionier, but she also failed to submit to a superior wolf who was snarling at her.

Zarya was either a very brave wolf or a very stupid one, and Wylla had her opinion on which of those was true. She slid her gaze sidelong to get a read on Stag's feelings and found hers mirrored in his face. That was that, then. Get the fuck out of our territory, she snarled, snapping her teeth together inches from the injured wolf's nose. Zarya might've thought she didn't have a choice before, but now she really didn't have one. She could've been grateful for her good fortune and explained it with the appropriate amount of humility... instead, for her arrogance, she could go learn what it was like to live as an injured loner.

Tagging @Mahler in case he wants to come do damage control here, otherwise Wylla is definitely going to evict Zarya oops.
37 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Leaping out of the way of the clench of Wylla's jaws Zarya took a receding step back. Anger bubbling up within her, hidden by a calm facade. Fear was also struggling for air inside the geist, but alas, was pressured back down as to not be seen. Zarya kept a close watch on both the wolves as they snarled at her. Her words giving way to her hopelessness, she sighed.

These wolves did not want an explanation, they wanted her out or they wanted blood. "I'm not going to fight you. I never belonged here, not truly. And now, I am not welcome either. This is your territory, I respect that." she spoke up, taking yet another fateful step back, away from the unnullified pair before her. "Tell him I'm sorry. Tell him I'm gone." a moment passed.

"You don't even have to tell him you were the reason I left. But tell Mahler, I am grateful for his hospitality; everything he's done for me. Tell him I still owe him my life, more than that. Make sure he knows that if he ever needs me, if this pack ever needs me. I will assist Diaspora until my dying days, because it is this pack that saved my life. Whether it is a huge or small matter, even a simple hunt when the pack is in need of food. I will be here, and I will do everything I can."

She turned her emerald vision to the horizon for a beat before turning back. "Tell him that I'm sorry about the earthquakes. And umm.. tell him I'm sorry about his brother too." Zarya added; before glancing at Stag and voicing "I'm sorry about your father. He must've been a good blessed man to have a son like you." Then the geist no more turned and dashed across the snow. Adrenaline taking over once more she ran, once again fading to the sound of snow beneath her feet. She glided over the snow as always, drowning out everything but that sweet sensation of fleeing.

Zarya wasn't sure if her flank was burning, she wasn't sure if anybody was following, she wasn't sure if they had said anything as she turned and left, she wasn't even aware of the single hot tear that fell from her face as she bounded out of the territory that she never belonged in. The tear was not from sadness of being kicked out, it was not of despair, it was of frustration that she ever agreed to come back in the first place. But now Zarya was back in her element, the ever-moving, the never-slowing, harshly heart-racing, freedom-flowing, wild.
Follow your heart.. 
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler was not far from zarya these days.
she was a particularly sharp-mouthed individual, but she was also his patience, and he checked in with the geist dutifully to see how she mended.
he had been away upon patrol; the errant doktor had proverbially snapped shut his traveling-bag and set off to find zarya. he discovered her mid-monologue, in full rout by pursuant wylla, with stag hovering nearby.
the general cast off his herbal baggage and swept down upon the trio, eyes flicking to wylla and what she would do next, and then to stag with an expectant expression.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
266 Posts
Ooc —
Stag visibly jumped as Wylla glanced to him and then brandished her fangs in Zarya's direction. It was as if a flip had been switched in both of them; with Wylla besides him, Stag knew what he had to do. And he knew also, that if an Adult was reacting this way, that maybe his feelings weren't unjustified.

He mirrored Wylla's posture (well, his head wasn't as high -- observing she was the dominant and he the subordinate) as best he could, his tail lashing behind him. It was all well and good (although a bit confusing) when Zarya spit out a monologue -- a profusion of words he hadn't the patience, or, really, the mental acuity, to process --

until she mentioned his father.

His fur flared, every tuft on end. A stormy outrage settled in his gaze, which now locked on Zarya with both hurt and fury. "What? You.. You --" He paused, a hiccup welting his throat - "you didn't even know him!" How dare she? How dare she bring Stigmata's memory to the surface, and lob it in his face like that?

It was that insult that broke the boy's composure.  Heedless of Mahler on the scene, Stag issued a yodeling cry of suppressed wrath, and lunged after her -- with every intent of dealing back hurt two-fold.
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
Wylla didn't care much for blathering when there was a snarling wolf in her face, but Zarya was obviously a different breed. Everything she said seemed to run counter to what she'd said moments before—now suddenly she was grateful that Mahler saved her and brought her back here to heal. Now she would do anything for Diaspora. Now she seemed to care that she had a choice, when just a minute ago she'd made it sound like if she had a choice she would be anywhere but here. Well, it was much too late to convince Wylla. She took the change of heart to mean that Zarya was nothing but a conniving liar.

She lunged for the Geist but drew up short when Mahler arrived in a cascade of dark fur and questioning lavender eyes. Too late, she thought. Zarya had, in that amount of time, taken a match to Stag's emotions and the juvenile was already springing after her with his fur all on end. The Geist was already on the run. Wylla gave Mahler a long look, and then made the decision to defy his authority and join Stag. She could explain later that the wolf he brought into their fold thought she was above them all, which Wylla had deduced from her words and her behaviour both.

She galloped after Stag, head lowered and teeth bared in the event Zarya turned around. She fully expected to be tackled to the ground by a furious Mahler but in the moment, she didn't care. Nothing good could come of letting this clueless wolf stick around.
37 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Swiftly the ex-geist bounded through trees, jumped over rocks, and bounding up hills before gaining speed going down. Not only had she been cooped up the past few days but she had also been emotional, angry and distraught. All of which had washed away when she had begun running, in her mind she was simply galloping through a light forest and enjoying herself, but not every dream can last. This one included. 

Zarya was forced back into reality as all her senses became hightened. She became aware of everything around her. She swivled her ears around and listened carefully; hearning not one set of drumming feet but two. Both Stag and Wylla had pursued her, this should be fun. It was fun. Zarya took every short-cut she could, every short-cut she could think of. Not so she could get somewhere faster, but so her followers couldn't. A smile was knitted unto Zarya's face, it probably wasn't the best moment, but it was a perfect moment. Her paws drummed against the Earth rythmically as she fled, dodging everything the others tried as she ran. The woman felt the air rushing by her, the leaves cruch beneath her, and the feeling of freedom.

All this made her feel amazing, no not just amazing, alive. And as long as she was alive, she could do anything. With this newfound confidence and joy, she decided to take a risk. She shot off and took a sharp turn that if not practiced would have been a wipeout before spotting a fallen tree about two feet from the ground. This is when she took the biggest risk of the chase.

She ran faster, she had practiced this. She closed in on the log, she had done this before. She tucked her tail and legs beneath her, she could do it again. She rolled until she was out from underneath it and pushed up with her legs and shot up in one fluid motion and kept running without a pause in her step, she did it. It wasn't to show off or brag that she could do such a stunt, it was to save time and gain distance. And it had worked, and she kept running.
Follow your heart.. 
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
he noted, with interest, that this was the second time zarya had been chased from diasporan borders, and for good reason, it seemed. he made no move to stop either the boy or the pionier, for punishing wylla was far from his mind, and would have undercut her authority before stag.
the tall general paced to a halt, deciding to wait for the pair to return before he began his questioning.
266 Posts
Ooc —
A clatter of feet behind him. Wylla, bringing up the rear. She would soon surpass him - his legs were long, but he was uncoordinated. Stag growled, his breath in misty plumes as he jumped after Zarya.

Not for the second time he was chasing her from Diaspora. This time he was intent on getting her. This time, he would sink teeth into her hip, give her something permanent to remember her by. He recalled how Mahler had praised him and that caused his stride to lengthen, his heart to soar, and his eyes to narrow in determination.

Zarya's bobbing haunches fled ahead. She zigged and zagged. Stag was dogged after her. I'm gonna get you, you -- you... He didn't really have the heart to say bitch, so he thought booger instead.

But then Zarya did something that had Stag gasping; she was running right into a tree! STOP!! He wanted to yell after her, his stride slowing as he awaited impact.. But instead of impact she nimbly slid under the overhang, and was out the other side and already gaining distance..

He pushed into overdrive, his head low. If she had ducked under it, he could probably jump over it.. He was too big to slide, and he wasn't athletically gifted. He'd have to jump it.

Stag's strides lengthened the closer he drew to the tree. His head raised, his haunches lowered, as he prepared for that last stride.. Three... two... one... LIFTOFF.

His haunches coiled as his hind limbs hit the ground, pushing off. His forepaws folded as his head and shoulders raised, his eye trained on where the apex of his jump would be...

Only, there was a slick patch of ice where his hind feet had fell -- just as he was about to truly coil up like a spring, his left hind slipped -- but his momentum was too strong to alter course.

His eyes widened as he realized his fate -- the tree's rough edges looming close. His mouth contorted in a gasp of shock as he realized too late his doom -- and collided with a sickening THUD into the bough.

Zarya was far from his mind as pain exploded across his senses. There was a heavy hit of blackness, then a sickening flash of white -- and then, nothing.
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
Wylla surged after Zarya and the expected tackle from behind never came. She was gaining on Stag, who seemed to be ganging on Zarya, but then the bitch did about the most what-the-fucky thing Wylla ever saw and slipped like a snake under a log. Risky move. Her chances of getting stuck doing that or being slowed enough for Stag to maul her backside were incredibly high, but seeing as Wylla already thought Zarya was an outstandingly stupid wolf, it wasn't really that surprising.

Somehow the woman got away. Wylla was small enough to dive under the log, too, but to do so would feel unnatural and dangerous. She prepared herself to go around when Stag's body contracted and he prepared to leap. The Pionier slowed a little, but then sped right up the second she saw his hind leg come out from under him. There was nothing she could do as he slammed face-first into the log and crumpled.

Fuck! Wylla gasped, hastening to Stag's side and skidding to a stop in the snow. The boy was out cold. There was a growing smear of red on the crown of his head where the skin split from the impact. Nothing life-threatening, but smacking his head that badly could be. Shit shit shit, she murmured, circling around him and nosing at his face, his head, and his throat. She wasn't trained to deal with this sort of situation. She didn't know Stag at all and had inadvertently insulted him mere minutes ago, but he was still just a kid. A fierce teenager but a kid nonetheless and he was potentially in danger now.

Mahler! she screeched, turning with wide eyes to search the woods for the General. Help!

Lmk if the assumed injury isn't okay!
37 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Upon hearing the thud and screaming behind her Zarya assumed the worst. She halted with such speech that she almost flung face-first into the snow before gaining her balance once more. Zarya didn't care that she was fleeing from vicious wolves, somebody had gotten hurt because of her and she hated herself for it. She flung herself around and took off even faster than before. Staying out of sight of Wylla she shot off, careful to keep quiet until she was far enough away.

This was her fault. This kid didn't deserve this. Her decision had been made the moment she heard the scream, now it was set in stone and she was determined as ever. Flying over the ground she went as fast as she could, pushing herself to the limit. The thought of trespassing didn't even cross her mind as she flew over the threshold and into Diaspora territory, yipping all the way. 

"Mahler!" she screamed, her voice horse and rugged. Upon seeing the general she glided faster, her injury burning. "Mahler help! Th- the kid! He's hurt! Help Mahler! C'mon! Please!" she screamed and panted repeatedly. Not being able to stop, she ended up circling the man before shooting off in the direction of her two ex-pursuers. Zarya didn't care if they had just tried to kill her, she didn't care if she was not welcome, the only thoughts bouncing in her mind was if the kid was still alive and she had to save him. She had to.
Tell me if I need to change anything!
Follow your heart.. 
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
@Zarya, repeated powerplay of ur char coming into the territory after being distinctly chased out will earn her another injury.

such a foolish experiment he had chosen to run, mahler groused at himself.
but minutes later, wylla's scream resounded jarringly in the air, and the general growled, legs immediately churning after the pair.
snow flew back alongside the strain of his broad straining flanks.
zarya appeared now, and in her was full scapegoat. a true rage blazed in the general's gaze, and he veered toward her with a sickening snap and a dragging down of his teeth toward her hindleg. with luck, bone would break, and he would return to kill her if he could. there was no goodwill left within him for the she-wolf. 
breath rising in cold plumes of steam, he came upon the little she-wolf and downed stag, sweeping toward the boy immediately. he read the signs of what had occurred, crouched alongside the child, began to search along ears and eye sockets for any rising blood.
266 Posts
Ooc —
assumed injury perfectly ok! feel free to PP stag

Indeed, Stag was out like a light.

He didn't hear the screams, nor see Zarya turn back and come within the territory. He didn't feel Wylla's breath upon him as she looked over him, nor did he feel the blossom of warm blood as it rose like rouge to his forehead, trickling down between his shut eyes.

He didn't feel the cold of the snow beneath him, nor hear Mahler's fury as he drove after Zarya again.

Stag didn't feel much of anything at all, as he sank deep into unconscious calm while the world raged in chaos around him.
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
Zarya was lucky she remained out of Wylla's sight when she crossed back into the territory. Her life would've been forfeit if the little Pionier spotted her, but she was too focused on Stag to either see or hear the trespasser. Mahler arrived quickly and Wylla stepped out of the way, granting him space to examine the downed juvenile. She lifted her head to scan the treeline for threats while the General made his assessment, all the while quietly explaining what happened.

The bitch went under, she told Mahler, and I think he wanted to jump the log but there's a patch of ice there and he slipped. A jab of her muzzle indicated the offending ice on the ground. Wylla, meanwhile, experienced mixed emotions. On one hand she wanted to quit the scene and absolve herself of both responsibility and guilt for Stag's mishap. On the other, she was responsible. If she'd not sided with Stag and goaded him on by turning on Zarya, this wouldn't have happened.

Is he going to be alright? she asked, drawing pinched expression up to Mahler's.
37 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Mahler did not take kindly to her return and she hadn't really expected him to. So when the general made his move, Zarya was ready. In his rage, he did not miss her completely, catching her back leg. This injury was nothing compared to the first one he had dealt upon her flank though so she kept running. Driblets of blood oozing for the slice embedded in her leg she ran. If she could have, Zarya would have gone back to try and help the others and make sure the kid was alright but, even she knew that her life would be over if she stepped in their territory.

Taking a different way out of Diaspora (to avoid the three unhappy members she had met) Zarya kept going with everything she had left. At this point she couldn't feel anything, she was beyond feeling. She knew that her body ached and her leg burned, but she couldn't really feel it. Somehow she had managed to keep her grace as she glided over the ground, now actually fleeing. Zarya was out of Diaspora territory, she was far from Stag and Mahler and Wylla, but she kept going anyway.

At points, Zarya stopped and cracked branches and wiped her scent over trees in another direction in case anybody had tried to follow her before taking off in the other direction carefully. She not once rubbed against a tree that she didn't mean to and she even covered her tracks or masked her scent with flowers when she felt the need. There was no way that she would allow one of these wolves to find her, no matter the circumstance. 
Unless you involve her in something else this is Zarya's last post here! <3 Thank y'all for the thread!
Follow your heart.. 
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler glanced to wylla as the  pionier spoke, nodding crisply from time to time at the explanation of what had happened.
wylla need not blame herself, for there was exactly one individual at fault, and it was the general himself.
"head vounds bleed much, making it seem vorse than it is," he remarked, glancing carefully along the youth's body, nosing at the tender place upon stag's head. 
"see how his limbs are not tvitching, and how his breathing is even? he has no blood coming from his ears or mouth. i suspect," mahler sighed, rocking back onto heavy haunches, "that he vill have a nasty headache and a sore bump when he comes to, but no lasting damage." nothing more to be done for it; the general sat alongside his nephew and stared balefully in the direction zarya had gone.
266 Posts
Ooc —
If it was sleep Stag was doing, it was a fitful one. He was still as Wylla explained his unfortunate fate to Mahler, and still even as Mahler glanced over him, noting the bloom of red that stained his ivory fur.

While they talked, his lip twitched -- his nose, too.

And then an eyelid slowly opened, revealing a sea of apple-green amid a rapidly shrinking pupil.

Unfocused and glassy that stare was, but it was alive. Stag tried to bring his front paws up underneath him with a grunt, and gave up half-way through. The effort it took to do such a thing had his head screaming in riot -- with a groaning whimper Stag slid back, his head awkwardly propped by a neck that could somehow be floppy and stiff at once. "Mhfmgh." He tried to convey, his senses swimming - where was he, what had happened, and--

His eyes connected with Wylla - it was then that some of the events leading up to his collision returned to him. "The lady!" He blurted, trying again to rise, and this time giving up with a whimper.