Hoshor Plains the wind shifts
47 Posts
Ooc — Inna
Joining 
Inna wasn't particularly happy with her plan as she crossed the border. But she had heard the Kaistleoki were accepting new wolves, and Inna could pull her weight. The silver she-wolf awkwardly sat and pondered what exactly she should do next. She howled to make her presence known and waited. She had been alone for a while now, and had enjoyed it that way. But as the weather worsened, the lack of prey had started to take its toll on her. Now Inna was hungry- hungry enough to join a pack. The she-wolf knew that her hunting skills would be useful to a pack. And if pack life was as bad as Inna though it would be, she could leave when spring arrived.
69 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Soleil had been around, keeping to herself as of lately, and especially avoiding a particular forest. She'd never go back to Blackfeather Woods again, her tail felt a bit pained when she thought of the experience there. Minor wounds had occured, but so minor they healed fast and left no scaring, but a physiological effect remained. Even she knew it, but struggled to get over the fear.

So, the lavender wolf took baby steps, venturing out- which happened to catch sight of the silver wolf of unknown. They smelled not of packmates, but of loner, and thus Soleil strode over with a smile, "Hello, I'm Soleil Kinaiver, how may I help you?" She greeted the 'customer,' hoping it was a non-hostile entity, and perhaps a curious traveller. It'd be nice for them to be a joiner too![/narrow]
47 Posts
Ooc — Inna
Inna looked at the ground, realizing she hadn't spoken to another wolf in months. "I-I'm Inna. I was wondering if you are looking for new members to add to your pack." Did that sound right? The she-wolf was never good at talking to others, and hoped she hadn't said something silly. "I'm a good hunter, and promise to be loyal."
69 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
"Oh! How wonderful." She was pleased to be the one to first greet this member, and formally asking if she could join. Though, Soleil did not have the proper permissions to do so, for all she could do was call for @Ira, while smiling at Inna, "I'd love to have you here, but I am a simple commoner, our Countess will come soon."
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The call was sudden, a sharp sound that echoed the plains and interrupted her hunt, not that she was catching much anyways. The count rose to shake the dusting of snow from her pelt as she pinpointed the call, it wouldn't take too long for her to reach the two.

Golden eyes quickly scanned over the silver girl, she was skinny and clearly suffering from the sparse prey. You called for my attention? Ira turned her attention now to Soleil expecting some sort of explanation should the stranger not speak up first.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
47 Posts
Ooc — Inna
Commoner? Countess? Inna didn't know the meaning of these words, but did not say so. Instead, she simply waited as another wolf arrived. Almost immedietely Inna could guess she was the leader- the way she held herself was the giveaway. Should I bow? The she-wolf decided to just wait for the other wolf- Soleil, if she remembered correctly- and imitate her. It would ptobably be best to let the other wolf translate as well. The less Inna talked, the likely she was to say something stupid.
69 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
As per requested, the gray count had arrived, but the other kept silent, perhaps shy Soleil thought. She didn't mind, speaking up for the other, "This is Inna," she introduced, a directional head turn toward the other gray wolf, "and she desires to join us." A simple sentence to the point, as that is what has been desired, right? "She said she is a good hunter." A wolf whom is tradeless just like herself, but with talent, perhaps where she can put that within the hunting trade.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It was Soleil who filled the silence and thus gained the roan woman's attention. Someone looking to join, thin yet a hunter. She supposed even the most skilled hunters could not do much when there was nothing to hunt. I'm afraid that lists more on the side of basic survival than a useful skill currently.

Golden eyes turned back to the girl to see if she would defend herself. What else can you do? A chance to prove herself, there were many talents a wolf could perfect. She was still young, perhaps it was undecided. If the girl was willing to work hard and learn then there was potential.
47 Posts
Ooc — Inna
Joining 
Inna thought for a moment. What could she do? She had raised herself, and only knew things by instinct. She never liked wrestling with her littermates- she never saw the point. And her mother certainly hadn't taught her anything useful. "I'm- I'm very observant. I learn things easily, and I have a pretty good memory." Inna wondered if the leader had a soft spot. "I've been alone almost my whole life, so I don't really know what's useful for a pack. What would be useful?"
The wind shifted and Inna immedietely detected the smell of prey. But it was so faint she could hardly decode that it was a turkey. Probably female... old...

The silver juvenile snapped back into attention, realizing she had been daydreaming. "I'm sorry, I just smelled the turkey, and I always get distracted by prey." she apologized. "I just get curious as to what it is, and-" Inna shut up, realizing she was not making the greatest first impression. She looked down, waiting for the reaction, whatever it may be.
69 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
"She has a good nose?" Soleil chuckled toward Inna's more flustered and distracted moments, finding it rather cute. Though a good nose could always be good for tracking, and while still falls under hunter, it was a skill that wasn't always required. Perhaps she could help find herbs, the lavender wolf thought, "you are fine." She reassured the other, seeing as theyre a rather anxious and shy wolf.
47 Posts
Ooc — Inna
Sorry for the late reply!

Inna hesitantly nodded at Soleil's words. Should she talk about the earthquakes? I guess there's no harm to it. "Remember those earthquakes a couple months ago? I knew they were coming. There were bats flying around before the first shake. I think it's because there must have been little quakes before, ones we couldn't feel. But the bats are so sensitive they could, so they all left the caves in case they collapsed. But that's just a guess, I could be imagining things. Have you ever noticed little things like that?" Inna was surprised she had said all that. But once she got started talking about something interesting, it was hard to stop.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
oop I think it was actually my post but no worries gives me more to go off of this time!

The Count sat waiting. A good nose was always nice, especially with two nose blind wolves in the pack, but it still wasn't something that guaranteed valuable contribution. Her eyes jumped to Soleil who seemed amused by the situation.

It was then that the girl started rambling once more, but this time about the quakes and some bats she had seen. For once, the Count seemed interested. You can read the environment? That was something they did not have yet. Something that could be quite valuable, especially with their move coming up. You intent to be a naturalist? If you pursue that skill then I can guarantee a spot for you here.
47 Posts
Ooc — Inna
My bad! 

Inna was a bit startled at the Count's reaction. She couldn't see how 'reading the environment' would be useful. But Inna had always loved studying the world around her. She also didn't know what a naturalist was, but it sounded interesting. And if it guaranteed her a spot in this pack, she would definitely pursue it. "Um- yes? To both questions, I mean. But I really don't know a lot, I'd need someone to teach me. I don't know the names of different plants or anything about the stars or how to use herbs or- sorry." Inna interrupted herself before she could continue.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
permission to skip Soleil

The Count hummed as she thought over the girl's offer. She was willing to learn, although they had no mentors to teach. Still...the skill was far too valuable for her to turn away, even if she had a long way to go until her input could truly be beneficial. I'm afraid we can not offer much to train you, but perhaps Speedy can assist your training. She is our healer. I advise you to try and pick up what you can on your own, but perhaps we can find someone nearby who would be willing to inform you.

Where exactly, she was not sure. To her knowledge, no one in Easthollow pursued those skills. Leta held a love for the stars, but she was still young and how reliable she would be as a teacher was unknown. Korei Julia had, but where she traveled to was unknown. The Count would have to look into a proper mentor later. Providing that these terms are reasonable to you, I have no qualms accepting you into our pack.
47 Posts
Ooc — Inna
Inna was relieved at the Count's words. She was a bit disappointed that there was no one to teach her, but she knew that she could teach herself. Inna had taught herself everything she knew, after all. Nevertheless, there was some information one had to be told. The healer sounded like a good place to start. She needed to learn about herbs, and they might have some information for her. Otherwise, Inna would do what she did best: watch.

She would watch the wild fauna- learn how they live. She would watch the sky- learn how the weather works. She would watch the stars- learn how to navigate by them. She would watch the... plants? Maybe not that one.

Inna looked at the Count and nodded. She was trying to be respectful, but she couldn't stop her tail from wagging. "It sounds just fine to me! Thank you. Are there any rules I need to know? Or am I free to, um, go eat that turkey..."
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
I'm good with wrapping up here! Tagging Soleil if she wants to get one more post in before close the tour can be another thread or behind the scenes up to you two!

Inna gladly accepted her conditions so Ira would give a nod to @Soleil Good. Since she's here, Soleil can show you around, I have no qualms if that's after your meal. The sunny wolf had been nothing but helpful as of late. Even with her short time here she had already ascended into a useful Commoner. Surely she could explain the structure to their newest Newcomer.

Our rules are light, but they are to be taken seriously. I'll let Soleil fill you in-depth later, but what you should know is our morals. We were founded on the belief of new beginnings and our ranking is based on skill. It is highly encouraged to seek a path you are interested in to better yourself. It wasn't required, but the Count found value in those who had a sense of duty. Skilled wolves were certainly more useful to the pack than those who floated by. Our leaders are a collaborative group known as the Council. As things stand currently, I am the only member, but there is potential for four leaders total. Those who have not proved their skills are Civilians such as yourself and Soleil. Once you've obtained a trade you qualify to ascend to Nobility and can assist Civilians or Youth through a mentorship.

It was a lot of information and perhaps it would not all stick, but the knowledge came naturally with time. I'd advise you to take on a mentor, but as I said we have no one skilled with nature. Speedy can accommodate for now if you'd like to form an official relation, but I will be looking into finding someone you can learn with that is more aligned with your path. Ira needed to visit Easthollow anyways, perhaps Leta had discovered more since she last visited. The real question would be if her father allowed the young girl to study so far from home. It would be temporary of course, unless her sister desired to stay. If there is one rule you should take with you, respect your packmates. There is a ranking order, but we are still a family. One should still be treated with respect even if they rank lower. If you have any questions after your tour feel free to seek me out later.

With that the roan woman would take her leave to tend to her duties.
69 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
She grew proud Inna began to speak more, especially to prove herself to the Count. The more to the group the better, as she was one that preferred the comfort of those around then the silence of the night. Lately the shadows have been scaring the poor girl, and enjoyed the comforting sounds of others talking. She was smiling passerby while watching the two, and nodding back to Ira.

"Can do."