Stavanger Bay blackbird claw, raven wing
sól er skýja skjöldr
39 Posts
Ooc — Siro
@Beric

Um, I took a few liberties with setting because I couldn't find a description. If I need to change anything let me know! <3

The winds that blew in from the sea carried with it the scent of a pack. She'd caught it earlier while wandering the high meadows in the foothills of Horizon Ridge. There were aging signs of pack life on the ridge, but the old dens and meeting grounds, were becoming overgrown. The situation intrigued her. These coastal packs were not an uncommon sight to her, but certainly a welcome one and Solveig had a mind to investigate further.

She followed the winding trails down from the tall, summer swept grasslands of the mountains, past burbling creeks that fanned out across the lower plains leading to the bay. No more than half a day passes before she finds herself just beyond the borders. She takes a hard left, walking parallel with the territory markers, stopping occasionally to sniff at them.

When she finally stops, it is simply to stoop down and roll her shoulder and chest into one relatively fresh marker. One ear remains cast towards the interior as she works the scent into her pale fur.

133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Sounds good! Thanks for starting! Also, I didn't know Beric was going to be so angry. >_<

Beric was in a very grumpy mood. It was rare that anyone found him in anything less than a good mood, and he knew he wasn't good company. So, instead if hanging out with his pack mates, he decided to patrol the border. Maybe the exercise would do him some good and calm him down some. He was upset at the intruder earlier in the day, and he felt the need to prove these borders were secure from outsiders. His seriousness to his duty today left little room for niceness.

With his grumpiness at full throttle, it was really bad luck for the wolfess who decided to meander around the territory, and then roll in their scent markings. If she was close enough to do that, he felt she was technically trespassing. His ears flattened, and his lowered as he watched her, anger in his eyes. He was mostly hidden from her in the brush, but his anger blew its top and he came barreling out at her, mid-way through her roll in the grass. He growled, attempted to maneuver so that he was on top of her, standing over her. His teeth were barred as he growled at her again, the anger in his voice evident. Make one wrong move, and it will be the last one you make, he said, making sure he had her full attention. What are you doing on my borders? He may not be the leader, but he was certainly acting liking it at the moment with this intruder. His hackles remained raised with his tail in an obvious form of dominance and aggression. He wanted it clear he was to be respected and feared, and that she had made a mistake.

He was not usually this aggressive, but, like his leader, he was getting pissed off that so many wolves were taking liberties with their borders. Beric was extremely protective of his family and he would do what it took to make sure word spread that the Stavanger Bay borders were not to be crossed.

sól er skýja skjöldr
39 Posts
Ooc — Siro
He's cute in a blustery grump sort of way. xP

Solveig senses the observer just a moment too late.

Instead of trying to spring up to meet the angry wolf head on, she rolls completely onto her side as he collides with her and twists so that her front paws connect with his chest to keep him away from her vital areas. Her lips pull back, flashing teeth in a quick warning, but she does not growl or snap in retaliation. The male is just as large as she is, and she knows there will only be pointless bloodshed if she resists.

At his words, her eyes narrow a fraction. "Alphas are not often seen on alone on the borders unless they are quite bold, or very foolish." She remarks coolly. "Had I been a danger to you, you would already be wounded or worse. Think on that." Solveig knits her brows as she watches his reaction, but remains submissive beneath him.
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Lol ^_^

The female twisted so that her paws were against his chest, pushing at him so that he couldn't bring his weight down onto her. It was fine with him. He didn't want to hurt her, but he did want to make it clear that she was much too close to the borders for comfort. Her physical response, submissiveness, pleased him, but her verbal response did not. Abruptly, he snapped his jaws toward her face, bringing much of his weight forcibly down on her front legs in the process, though he had no intention of locking onto her face. It was purely in warning. Do not threaten me when you're the one outnumbered. This isn't your pack, and I only need a quick call to bring my pack mates running, he responded angrily.

Growling, he questioned her again. Answer my question: What are you doing on these borders? He did his best to maintain his stance above her, putting equal weight on all legs and anticipating her trying to shove him off. His muscles were tensed and ready for action. She seemed to be a spitfire, which, in any other circumstance, he might like. Right now, however, they were not friends, and he could not commend her on her braveness. Or was it stupidity? He could guess which one Ragnar would think.

sól er skýja skjöldr
39 Posts
Ooc — Siro
Solveig steadies herself when he throws his weight into her paws and clicks his teeth together near her face. Her shoulders grind into the grass from the force of his push, causing her to huff with discomfort. Her eyes flash to his knife-life teeth, returning to his face only a second later. There is no fear present in her expression, but the flames of her curiosity is kindled and, if he is any good at reading others, he might just see it in her eyes.

"It was no threat." She bites out, accenting each word with careful annunciation. But this tone passes quickly, "You should be more careful, protector." She says, softer this time. "There are those in this world who do not fight with honor and would sooner kill you than give you a chance to ask questions."

She does not give him time to respond, and fixes him with a pointed look. "I came to meet with fellow sea kin and speak of this land. That is all."

133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Since he was supposed to the dominant one in this position, he had no problem looking her square in the eyes. He surprised to find her looking back into his without any fear. What he thought he saw was almost... interest? The moment seemed to freeze for him until she responded to him. It seemed she was almost trying to warn him, like he didn't already know the dangers of this world. He had no time to respond before she finally answered his question.

He considered her for a moment, his eyes narrowing slightly, before deciding to respond to her first statement, even though she had moved on from it. You're giving me time to ask questions, he pointed out. Another moment passed as he considered her answer as to why she was here. If she was not alone, any wolves who were with her would have likely attacked by now. He gave her a pointed look, Do not make me regret this, he said sternly, before shifting and moving so that she could right herself. He remained standing a few feet from her, his head and tail high in dominant position, but his hackles smoothed out. The aggression disappeared from his face and was replaced with his usual, gentler expression. He was not stupid, however. He remained cautious and aware of their surroundings, especially her. He rather liked her spunk. Where are you from? he asked, noting that her scent wasn't familiar of any packs he had run into, though he had made it a point in Wheeling Gull Isle to stay away from other packs since they all seemed to be hostile toward the Isle pack.
sól er skýja skjöldr
39 Posts
Ooc — Siro
The sun-splashed she wolf waits as he hazards out whether or not to trust her words for what they were truly worth, and her expression remains blank save for the burning curiosity in her eyes. She nods once, then again; he finally backs off, and she takes the chance to roll onto her stomach, then to her feet. She lowers her head so it hangs parallel with her back out of deference to him. The change in his expression was noted with a forward twist of her left ear.

To his question, she responds, "Broddr Rise, to the north by many days." She pauses briefly before adding, "I come alone. You have my word." With that she fell patiently silent again, waiting for permission to speak freely.