Sun Mote Copse If you stand for nothing, Burr, what'll you fall for?
"I'm a hazard to your health!"
140 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
All Welcome 
AW but Maybe @Niamh , Bronco or @Towhee ?

Sugar was probably gone by now - Nellie hadn't gotten to befriend anyone else 'cept her and Figment and she was kinda down about it. Sure, Wraen and Phox were cool, but they were old and stuff and she craved friends her own age. On top of that, she didn't have any idea something had been brewing between Niamh and Phox - that she had involuntarily torn them apart - and that she now probably had beef with Towhee. Luckily she didn't know, it wouldn't improve her mood at all. Also, where the fuck was her bro?

She was tearing into a plump winter bunny for breakfast, seeking shelter from the light snow 'neith a tree that ultimately did nothing to actually shelter her, but it was the idea that counted. Winter sucked.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
"Dude," Bronco called out, the moment he saw his sister crouched and eating something, but when the wind picked up, it stole his voice with it, so he approached at a trot, and waited until he had come straight to her side, where he yet again reiterated: "DUUUUDE!" only a few inches from her ear, for good measure. The wind did not pick up, and his voice was clearly not lost. Chuckling softly to himself, somewhat smug and proud of himself for no real reason at all, he slumped to the ground, so that his side could mooch off some of her warmth. 

Then, of course, he turned his head, and placed hic chin on one of her outstretched paws, flattening his ears in appeasement. He was hungry, and he was too accustomed to his mother's warnings should he try to mooch from her- but Nellie was someone new, and potentially someone softer. "Shaaaare?" He enticed gently.
140 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She didn't notice him at first, too busy ripping into her not-so-well deserved meal, but when her bro tried to deafen her her hackles raised in surprise. Thefuck - Bronco? She said, confused and a little annoyed but not because of his presence is general. Despite all the drama she was causing, Nellie had craved some peace and quiet with a good meal and hadn't expected someone to blow up her ear drum.

Brooo, She said as he slouched against her, acting all coy all of a sudden. She though he'd been mad at her, or not interested at all. Maybe it was just because of her meal that she now lived up to his standards. She smiled and rolled her eyes, ripping about half the bunny apart to shove it on his nose. Where'd ya been Bro? Haven't seen ya since, like, a long ass time. She half-joked. Thought you up and died or some shit.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Nellie's comment might have been casual and off-handed, but something about thinking he'd up and died made Bronco bristle lightly. Given the fact that she was his sister, and she had experienced the loss of their father similarly, he could give her a free pass, and he tried to ignore the uncomfortable feeling that was associated with the word 'died.' 

"I been busy," He said, gratefully tearing into the offering of meat his sister pushed his way, making incredibly short work of the rabbit's haunches, before cheekily smacking his lips expectantly, still eyeing the rest of her catch- but this time, he had enough knowledge not to beg for it. "I been out patrollin' an' huntin' and scoutin'. I'mma have my apprenticeships in no time," He said smoothely. "While you're sittin' here gettin' all fat an' lazy. What're you gonna do for the pack, hmm?" He teased.
140 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She hadn't been serious about any of her comments and thought little of it when she'd said it. With him not vocally expressing his discomfort with it, she didn't know and therefore couldn't care. Though her writer doubts she would care for it even if she knew. Anyone still crying about death was a little crybaby in her book. Sure you could be all sad about it - she was still pretty sad about it - but to remove death from your vocabulary was just bullshit to her. Just like their meal here, anything would die eventually and she'd accepted it - she'd accepted death, but though it had gotten their dad too soon.

She whistled, impressed with his contributions. Wait, apprenticeship? The heck was that? Well, she had bigger things on her mind anyway. Oh big Bro, I got me eyes on the prize! She said with a smirk. I'mma be Wraen's advisor, like aunty Finley. She revealed. Well, no, she didn't know for sure she was gonna be the advisor of their leader, but she did want to be. She wanted to be a counselor and a sitter and so much more. Wraen called me a "jack of all trades" so that's what i'mma be. She nodded, smacking her lips in satisfaction about finally making up her mind about what she wanted to pursue - even if she might not be able to do it.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
The prize? He gawked at her with a sort of incredulous side-eye, one ear rased, as she confessed that she wanted to be Wraen's advisor. "Wha, advise the sovereign?" He asked, not exactly figuring that someone who highly rankes would need to take advice from little hornbills for a start, pardon the Disney reference. But with the reference made to Finley, Bronco was silenced, and ne nodded in resignation. There was no questioning it- though their mother was probably the pack's most violent and angry wolf, there was a certain bad-assery about Finley that impressed Bronco into silence every time. "Dayum. Yeah, Finley's pretty awesome," He admitted candidly. 

Her next expression made Bronco chuckle, and he rolled over onto his back, curling his front legs to his chest so he could still look down his nose at Nellie without actually looking down  at her. You know what they say, though," He said, and reached out to playfully boop Nellie on the nose. "Jack of all trades, master of nadda," He said, cackling, and reached up, then, to throw his forelimbs around Nellie's neck in a playful invitation to wrestle.
140 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She nodded proudly - even if Bronco was faking being impressed with her chosen route, she was proud of herself. Sure, she'd still be fat and lazy, but also among the wolves that made the important decisions. It made her shoulders dance in the rhythm of 2000's love songs. She nodded again, confirming that she, too, thought Finley a bad bitch. She didn't know which woman she admired more; Wraen or Finley.

She raised a judgmental brow at her brother for laughing, not genuinely angered but more annoyed - like a sister was supposed to be while hanging out with her brother. She looked cross-eyed when she was BOOPED and was just about to roll her eyes when her superiority was challenged even further. She smirked, pushing back, her paws reaching around his neck in a similar fashion. Master of you - I'll prove it too!
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
From where he was, he was already in a more vulnerable position- laying on his back and reaching up for his sister. Fortunately, she took the bait, and went to grab him around the neck with her forelegs the same way he'd done to her, and so, with a playful growl, he arched his back, tucked his hind paws against his belly so he could bring them in close, and squeezed his sister as close to him as he possibly with his forelegs so that he could wriggle himself into position and then deliver a series of wholloping kicks, hoping to thump her in the gut while he had her this close. For good measure, he reached for one of her golden ears with a playfulness that was still gentle, but just beginning to push the boundaries of playful and painful.
140 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She playfully bit him wherever she could, nipping a bit there, pulling some scruff out here - all in good fun. Nellie wasn't a fighter, which made her kind of oblivious to all her vulnerabilities - besides, this was just for shits and giggles, right? It's not like Bronco was actually trying to harm her in a serious way. She wasn't taking it very seriously till he started trying to rough up her soft belly - if she hadn't had her mother's legs that made her stand a little taller, she was sure it would've hurt more. She felt his nails and the pads of his paws scratch her and let out a semi-growl in warning.

When he started biting her soft lil' ears, she knew it was on. She tried to position herself in a way that he couldn't reach for her belly with his hind legs anymore, all the while trying to find something to bite on with the intention of saying "I'll let go if you let go".
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Though Bronco liked to think of himself as the tougher of the two siblings- and he likely did have more training in the area of sparring and being a mercenary- as soon as Nellie growled, pulled back and clenched her teeth on a section of his scruff he was quickly reminded that though he could fight- and he could probably even lick her in a fight should he want to- he was not an aggressive wolf toward those he loved most. He flicked his ears forward in surprise, before flattening them in a hasty apology, recoiling his legs and scooting away as soon as he was let go. 

"Sorry, sis," He blurted quickly. He tried to appease her with a quilty smile. "Didn't know that hurt," He admitted. He was stronger than he realized- and though the two had sparred and play-fought as children, now that they had strong jaws and muscles, he had no idea how to toe the line without causing her pain.
140 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She was surprised to see his sensitivity come out at a time like this. The sparring hadn't really hurt-hurt but it'd been enough for her to get ouchies because she wasn't used to this at all. Nellie wasn't a fighter, she just had a big mouth and an even bigger butt. She was a bit of a baby when it came to this.

I'm sensitive, Bronchiieee... She fake-pouted, but her eyes twinkled with happiness. She dramatically rolled over onto her back, exposing the slightly ruffled up fur on her belly. 'think I might never be able to defeat ya like this, dear brother. She half-joked.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Bronco rolled his eyes at her amusing plea, and the use of a childhood nickname, but he could forgive her for it, of course. Though he toted himself as the next Sergeant-at-Arms, and he dreamed about finally winning a proper spar against his mother, there was no doubting that Bronco could not, whatsoever, cause harm to someone he cared about, least of all if they were not the fighting type, like Sugar Glider and Nellie. For those weaker than him, and less inclined to fight, he felt dutifully obliged to be a protector- and the thought of ever hurting one of them made him feel ill, hence why he had backed off so quickly. Though Bronco possessed the strength to take control physically, he would always back down from any situation and surrender to his sister, for the love he had for her. 

He did chuckle when she rolled over, and had he the ability to -facepalm- he would have. "C'mon Nellie. Ya can't defeat anyone on your back," He remarked. "At least keep some dignity, an' keep your hind feet an' tail tucked to your belly when you do that. Protects the soft spot below your ribs an' yeah. Just a bit more uhm...Civil." Naturally, he didn't want his sister to get any sort of reputation by thinking she could simply sprawl out like this in the company of just anyone. And even with the two of them, it made him uncomfortable to see her in such a vulnerable position. What if she decided to relax like that one day, and he wasn't there to protect her?
140 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Nellie had her aspirations; become an Advisor, and marry Phox. It was a simple enough plan, one that would repeatedly get sand kicked in its face until all it could hear was the crisp noise of grinding sand between the teeth. She knew nothing of mateship or all that sexual taboo, hence why she saw no problem sprawling out like a little diva in from of her brother. Completely unaware of the maybe uncomfortable situation for Bronco, she cocked a brow at him.

What ain't civil 'bout this? She asked, tone as serious as ever in case Bronco thought she was joking. She tucked in her neck to look at her belly; fluff, some little bumps and where she peed and pooped and nothing else. Unless you had a weird feces fetish, there was absolutely nothing sexual or weird about her position - or so Nellie though.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
"Uh," Bronco stuttered, not exactly willing to give his sister another glance, and hating this whole scenario, but apparently, while she'd been off with the Frosthawks, they hadn't been exactly inclined to teach her much about personal manners and matters, and so he just gestured with his muzzle somewhat toward her hind end and flattened his ears. "Just keep your downstairs covered, Nell, for crys-sake," He said, probably sounding a bit more flustered than he should have, given the fact that she clearly didn't know, and was simply oblivious. It wasn't her fault.

He sighed, and lowered his voice, forcing himself to calm down a bit. He was mostly just nervous because he still didn't like talking about this subject, which made him uncomfortable enough, let alone having to talk about it with his sister. "Din' they teach you nothing about....That kinda stuff at the Frosthawks?" He asked, and then realized he may have to be more specific. "Like about how pups are made," He asked hurriedly, and tried to shrug the uncomfortable feeling off.
140 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
I mean yeah, Nellie didn't really have a mother around to teach her P and V stuff. As far as she knew, babies just kinda popped up somewhere and you had to take care of them or they died or something. It probably had to do something with the circle of life or some shit, you ate and you shat out a baby. Despite not knowing what was wrong about her exposing her soft little belly (that was indeed getting a little round from lazing about all day), she turned on her side with both pairs of legs crossing to make her brother feel a little more comfortable.

That kinda what now? Baby puppies? They just kinda pop up, right? - like you and me, right? She answered, one brow cocked and her mouth in a crooked frown, head tipped a little to the left. How did he mean, make babies? You had to do stuff for it? OH SHIT, what if she had already done that stuff and now she was getting a baby?! Panic ensued.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
While she gave in and resumed a more lady-like pose, Bronco rolled his eyes at his sister's obliviousness, and hunched his shoulders slightly, to show his discomfort. He hadn't liked getting the talk- but like hell he was going to tell Nellie about all those details. He made sure to keep his own underside turned away from her, lest she start accidentally oggling him, and noticing the real differences between them. "God, Nellie, no," He said, and shook his head. He sat up, and raised an eyebrow. 

"Yer gonna hafta talk to Ma about that stuff," He said. "But yeah. No. We don't pop up outa the ground, females carry puppies in their bellies until they're big enough to be born. But anything beyond that- you gotta ask Ma, I ain't tellin' you shit."
140 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Panic - absolute panic was raging in her blonde head filled with what might have been sawdust. She jumped to her feet in a fit of adrenaline. WHAT? Was her first response. In their bellies?! How in the hay do they get there?! And why only females? Did more than just pee come out of her or something? How did one shit out a baby? She knew Bronco wasn't willing to tell her the answer to those questions, but she did eye him up- and down. Was it improper for him to be sprawled out like she'd been, or did males not have anything there? Honestly she hadn't ever looked at that place because she hadn't needed to.

She walked a semi-circle around him. Are you shittin' me or somethin'? - I swear, if you're shittin' me... Was he shitting? Or was that the baby he'd hidden up his bum to prove his point?
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Ohgod, this was getting uncomfortable. And Nellie wasn't reading the discomfort in the room and was asking more questions, which made Bronco sit up, stiffly, still keeping both of his feet angled to the side, and more looking at Nellie over his shoulder as she began to come to some sort of horrible realization. Yeah, she probably should have had this talk when she was younger- as she wasn't handling it well right now at all. And as much as he loved his sister, and would do practically anything for her- this, this, was far and beyond his comfort level. 

"Nah nah nah, dude, dude!" He said emphatically as she began to spiral. He shook his head to show that he wasn't joking, but she began circling him, so he pulled his tail in tight, so that it covered his hind feet. "I shit you not, Nell, females carry puppies, for a couple 'a' months, an' then they give birth to them, out their...downstairs," He said. "But you gotta ask Ma about all the rest of it. They don't just happen, they...Guh, just go ask Ma, Nellie." He said, flattening his ears and avoiding eye contact.
140 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Nope, she really wasn't taking this well. All this time - everything she ever thought she knew, shattered like Bronco had taken a hammer and slammed in all her windows. She probably would've handled it better at a month or 5, but now that she was approaching adulthood and had developed a pretty good understanding of the world this really was... kind of unbelievable. She blamed the Frosthawks, of course, because she would never have thought of a question along the lines of 'hey, how are babies made?' and they should've just started the conversation. Dear God, she really was stoopid.

How d'ya even bring up somethin' like that? She asked after some heavy breathing, sitting her dumb ass down again. I mean - how'd she tell you? Did you bring it up?
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
"Oh, it'll happen," Bronco assured his sister, happy that she'd stopped asking him questions, and seemed to finally have been redirected toward the avenue of talking to their mother. Bronco had found the entire ordeal very uncomfortable- so he'd asked no questions and had simply sat there, plain-faced, until she asked if he had any questions, before he shook his head no and bolted off. The idea of it all wasn't so bad now, especially given the fact that he was a male. He'd taken notice of the changes in his body, and yes, his mother was right- he was more curious about women than he'd been when he was younger, but still the idea of...Well, doing much, with a woman, made him anxious. 

He shrugged, when Nellie asked him about his experience getting the story. "Ma said we were just gonna practice sparring. An' if she won, she got to tell me a story. And then BOOM." He said, gritting his teeth together. "She just kinda laid it all out, an' I just had to sit tight an' listen to all of it. So yeah. It's gonna happen." He warned her.
140 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
What a wicked response for a bet based in such innocence - though she did think it funny, just a little bit. If he was this nervous telling her this stuff, she couldn't imagine how he'd acted in front of Niamh when she told him. If only she'd been around to witness it for herself, then again, her mind would've probably been blown just as much as his.

Thanks for the heads up. She blew out a sigh, making a fart noise in the process and sunk into a more comfortable position. It felt like rolling down a hill and nearly breaking your neck - oh wait - she knew how that felt, and this was worse.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
And now she resented him for warning her, or so it seemed. He rolled his eyes and reluctantly picked himself up, moving closer to her so that he could bop her on the top of her head with his muzzle. "Hey. It's gonna be Ok. It's all just natural stuff- it's just...Yeah." He said, and gritted his teeth. "Just don't picture anyone when you learn about it." He warned her, with a small shudder. "Whichisimpossible." He added uncomfortably. "But yeah. It'll be fine. It's just a talk, y'may as well get it done and over with, and then things go back to normal," He said. Though of course, he'd imagined things and had dwelled on them much more than he'd expected to- but he wasn't about to admit to his sister that he half-suspected he'd become mildly sex-obssessed. 

"Anywho. Thanks for brunch, sisser," He said, with a smile. "I'm gonna go on a patrol. Catch up with you later though, Okay?" He asked, with a small wink, before he headed off at a trot.
140 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Though the comment hadn't been meant in a resentful way, she could see why it might've come across like that. She looked up as he bopped her, encouraging her with words that almost seemed too sweet coming from her brother. She chuckled, wondering just who he had imagined while getting the talk but ultimately letting the subject rest for now. They could discuss their sex-obsessions when they were a little older, or maybe just not at all because gross.

Go get 'em - seeya! She waved him off, sat for a bit thinking about everything that just happened - then shrugged and went on her way again. Surely - SURELY, it couldn't be as bad as Bronco made it out to be.