Duck Lake Look What The Duck Dragged In
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
Private 
Skoll was on the move. Always on the move, moving, running, not staying in the same place for long. Of course, he'd visit back eventually. There's no way that he could just travel to each place and not return. Eventually he would have to travel outside of the region, though he was very curious of what was out there. Now, he was standing in front of the lake. It wasn't frozen over, quite yet. The edges of it, however, were icy. If one were to step in it, the ice would move with the pressure and turn into a slush. 

The animals that would be there when it was less cold were gone, obviously not taking kindly to the cold waters or snow around. The snow was coming from the sky still, and it looked like this place didn't show any shelter to keep away from the falling white flakes. He would just keep going later, and find somewhere to rest where his paws wouldn't get froze into place. 

@Corvus
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Aimlessly, he wandered still. He didn't do much to occupy himself except keep his needs met. Survive. Every day blurred together into one seamless flow of wasted time. The sun was up, and so was he, though not by choice. Corvus always preferred the night, but sleep oft escaped him, and he'd learned when to give up on trying.

His feet dragged him to a little lake, though its namesake had flown off to warmer pastures. The only sign of life he saw was a dark figure by the lakeside, but he wasn't interested in what would likely be another unpleasant interaction. So he kept his distance and acted as if the other black soul didn't exist, instead focusing on securing a meal.
I cannot be killed by dogs. It takes a man to kill a monster.

Romanian | English
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
Skoll certainly noticed the stranger this time, the crunching of snow underpaw giving away their position. He wasn't initially interested in the wolf, but was curious as to why they were at the lake. Skoll'd never talked to the other male before, so there was no way that he arrived to speak to Skoll himself. There were, however, a plethora of other reasons for one to be there. 

He turned to look at the other dark figure, curious but not wanting a confrontation. His ears were swiveled forward, not in a show of dominance, but in a way to hear things around, or in front of him. Deciding to say something rather than stand there like a deer in headlights, his tail did a wave behind him, signalling that he wasn't a threat. Despite not being known for emotion. 

"Hey." He chuffed out as a greeting.
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
His hackles bristled against his will for a moment when the other man approached, but the movement was easy to miss. Reluctantly, Corvus lifted his head to meet the strangers' mismatched gaze with his own tired eyes. Hello, He hoarsely returned with his neglected voice, standing still a statue while he waited to hear what the man wanted.

Romanian | English
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
Skoll wasn't really sure why he even talked to the stranger. Curiosity, maybe. Though he could tell that the other was potentially dangerous. Any interaction was potentially dangerous. Anyone could hurt him. Skoll was just good at avoiding a bite. He could run. Skoll had an inkling that he may be faster than this stranger- maybe if he had a headstart. Maybe this wolf had informations of the packs around? 

"I'm just looking for information." He said, pausing. "If you'd allow me to ask about the lands here."
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
The man simply wanted directions. Corvus relaxed and turned to face him fully. Fair enough; he had a good mental map of these wilds and the land outside of it from years of travel. Nodding, he said, Ask away.

Romanian | English
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
Now that the other male was fully facing him, Skoll could get a proper look at the other male's form. He could certainly overpower Skoll any day of the week. Good thing SKoll wasn't around to pick fights, he'd rather talk, get the information he wanted, and be done with it. 

He was vaguely aware that the area of the Teekons held packs, but had no idea where they were. He wanted to prevent being put on the bad side of them, as he would rather not be hunted down by crazed idiots picking a fight. Though he was also interested in joining one eventually. Having a home in a place as confusing as this would be nice, even if he was shoved into the lowest of ranks. 

"I'm not from around here, so I don't know anything about the lands having just arrived not long ago." He said with a pause lasting about a few seconds. "If you could tell me where the nearby packs are, that would be great." He added in a low voice.
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Corvus cracked a smug grin. It's your lucky day then, because I've been traveling for years now. It was his turn to pause as he glanced around, noting the sun's position in the sky. A day and a half's worth of travel south will bring you to a pack called Easthollow. Their territory houses an odd circle of large stones, you can't miss it. There's also pack in the pass east of here past the grove, and another in the woods past the creek about a day's walk north from here. He gestured each direction with his snout before fixing his gaze back on the other white-breasted stranger. Only his eyes inquired about further questions.

Romanian | English
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
Traveling for years? He must have some interesting stories. Skoll watched as the other male kindly pointed the direction of each pack in this general area. They weren't far, it would just take time to get there. Maybe a bit faster than the other wolf said due to how fast he traveled, but that was about it. Skoll wondered if the other wolf would be willing to answer his questions about those travels he'd been doing for a long time. Though maybe it would be pushing too much. 

"Thank you, i'll keep that in mind." He replied. 

Awkwardly standing there, Skoll decided to ask about the travels despite feeling obligated to not ask. Things like that could give away a lot more information than intended, and Skoll certainly wouldn't want to give personal information to a stranger, even if they'd most likely not talk again. "I bet you have some interesting stories from your travels." He commented, offering for it to be a topic, giving a few moments for an answer. 

"Is the winter season going to get colder? Or is this all the area normally gets?" He asked, wondering if he would have to worry about getting warm.
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
"I bet you have some interesting stories from your travels." That was an understatement. Corvus huffed in a bittersweet manner.

Yes. Too many, Was all he said on that subject, posture drooping from the thought as it weighed on him. Thankfully, the man seemed to get the hint and moved on to ask another question. It doesn't get much colder than this, which is pretty tolerable. He thought to ask for his name but quickly waived the notion; they'd likely never meet again, and this interaction was more a formal exchange of information than an extension of friendship. Labels mattered little to him.

Romanian | English
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
Skoll watched what the other male did when he mentioned stories about his travels. The other male slouched, and clearly didn't want to talk about it. He would have maybe asked if the reaction wasn't like that. Maybe this guy had something bad happen? It wouldn't be unusual. 

He nodded at the notion that it wouldn't get too much colder. That was good. Skoll was not a big fan of the cold, even if his dark colored fur would keep most of his body-heat in. He was still cold. His paw-pads felt like they were going to freeze him to the ground. 

He didn't really know what to say. Skoll wasn't much of a talker. 

"May I ask your name? I'm Skoll." Was the only thing he could think of asking or saying.
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He wasn't going to give his name, but the other man offered, and he wouldn't deny him something so simple. Corvus, He returned. Is there anything else you need? He didn't sound particularly impatient, but he did want to get back to looking for something to eat.

Romanian | English
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
Skoll acknowledged the name of the other male, burning it in his memory just in case they ever met again in the future, no matter how unlikely. Skoll couldn't think of any more conversation topics, and it did look and sound like that Corvus didn't have anything to say, either. "No, that was all I was curious about." He said. He didn't move away just yet, though. Waiting to see if the other dark colored wolf had anything to add before he wandered off.