Coconut Grove i run away
9 Posts
Ooc — mista
Private 
Starts at the western edge of Shimmering Sands & Coconut Grove!

@Nesini won the battle. There had been little arguing when she awoke suggesting she take over the shift and allow him a wink of sleep. While Sarthorn grumbled—grumpy from lack of sleep—she spoke reason and lulled him into rest.
His sleep, however, is far from the blissful dreamless world that Nesini fell into. Perhaps it is the location that triggers it, or perhaps it is just his damned mind itself. Memories flood in, and it leaves the salt-and-pepper male shuddering awake.
Bleary red eyes blink open, fogged at first before he becomes alert. Nesi?
8 Posts
Ooc —
Her own watch is perhaps not as... watchful as it ought to be. Mostly she finds her gaze on Sarthorn, admiring how the tension he so often holds seems to melt away when he sleeps — not always, but occasionally. She wishes he could relax like that more often, but she hasn't figured out how to make it happen yet. One day she will, though. She's certain of that.
But even unconscious, he isn't safe from his demons. He rarely is; an affliction Nesini has always shared, yet she still finds herself hoping each night that the horrors they've left behind will stay in the past. As she watches Sarthorn shudder, she realizes her hopes have been futile once again. Her ears fall back against her skull as he stirs and calls for her, and she goes to him. I'm here, Her voice is soft, nose pressing gently against his cheek. She wants to say more, but she falls silent for now, wary of overwhelming him in his first waking moments.
9 Posts
Ooc — mista
He is back at Snakefang Beach; heart thumping alive with adrenaline. Each time he wakes, there is always fear. An emotion never shown, for it’s vulnerability is never accepted. Not by his father, not by him. In Velmar’s eyes it’d been beaten out of him a long time ago.
“I’m here.” Her words snap him to the present, the soft touch to his cheek grounds him. Snakefang Beach is left behind. His jaws and chest are not coated in a thick stream of blood. It is just them in this world far from the stain they’ve left behind.
He exhales a breath, nodding his head as he flops his chin back to his crossed legs.