The Bracken Woods chapter six.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 
recruitment?

Her marks in Pheonix Maplewoods are over, and now does it move toward The Bracken Woods. Once was it claimed long ago, but is claimed no more, Uriel puts in her own stake toward the land. She knew many occupied the taiga, but she would become another. Determined, the Pheonix oh-so desired the Sunward to become a reality.

Just as the territory changed, in the span of few, she felt changed. There was bitterness coming alongst, perhaps brought forward from the past, but slowly did it feel abandoned. All had their reasons- but to some you may look of a hero, just as the dragon had been to his pack, but an enemy, such as he been to her. Was their forgiveness, in these actions? Perhaps soon, but she felt reluctant from being forced out. Uriel, felt forced out by the surroundments, but she knew; she could've stayed to fight. However was it worth it?

It was worth the move. The Bracken Woods felt not as beautiful, but she soon realized how the inner beauties, and full of life this could be. Plenty of prey, and barricaded the lands. Especially them, the hoofed ones. They were vibrantly around, but once seen the golden wolf, they would turn away. The desire to capture was strong, but alone was difficult. She noticed they had a distinct herd in two areas; and both looked different. Intrigued she was, but her knowledge was limited. What mattered most, is west had taken both antlered and non-antlered, but the east carried all-antlered.

One of the perks, she thought of the area. So large and full of life, a suitable place to stay.

Hello, sweet Antichrist
148 Posts
Ooc — Vami
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROY7hXQnzx79nXcpCmojg...IUt0yNT7h&] 

Another day. Another set of woods he had not yet traveled through before. They were no where near as dark as the Blackfoot forest, though equally far less noisy, as the foxes here did not call this place home. However, by smell, it seemed obvious that large prey did call this place home. The forest seemed endless. It wasnt the most beautiful he had seen and yet with how large it was, he was certain there was many mysteries yet to find- quaint little spots, an abundance of prey, areas for storage, miles and miles to explore.... 

And so, without an agenda before him, he began to do so. The dark wolf moved through the thick bracken greenery. Long, spidery legs taking each step cautiously and delicately.  Large ears listening, waiting, curious...
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
He did not go unnoticed from the golden wolf, as she could smell the whiff of an unknown within her forests. Not of a grand elk or caribou, nor' the rabbits, but one of canine. Uriel was determined to make her claim, which meant to keeping known what has happening within The Bracken Woods. She sought him out, the spider within her web.

"Who are you?" Mighty, she displayed, but hid away wariness and kept hostility away, wishing to know why he was here before the next course of actions to be took.

Hello, sweet Antichrist
148 Posts
Ooc — Vami
He was silent, as ever and always. A walking shadow, tall and slender, ever more so in his ravished, hungry state over the winter season and his months of time alone. For the first time ever even. Although he was quiet this does not mean he could prevent others from smelling him, even if at first they did not hear him or see him. 

But she did, quickly even, or so he felt. The golden wolf approached and as she did so, he already found himself stepping backwards as he remained facing her, burgundy eyes bright and concerned. Overly large ears (not entirely wolf-like at all) perked at her sudden demand and then, fell. Um... Im... hesitant, he begins to shift away to the side. No one. No one. Nothing. And the last thing he wanted was confrontation.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
She laxed, guard was now not a worry, for she could see how nervous he became, "Do not be afraid," Uriel soothed, "I will not attack without reason." While he stepped back, she forcibly stepped closer, getting a better look at the dark one. Though, he wasn't entirely wolf was he, she thought. A curled tail, and large ears, perhaps he was of the fable wolfdogs she had heard, or a coywolf, but knew he wouldn't be a purebred wolf. But, it did not matter to the Pheonix. Lineage matters little to her, nor' to the Pack she wishes to claim. For all, to become anew, and past be forgotten if chosen.

"I am Uriel of Sunward, claimer of this land," she declared, a tip of the head as a greeting, "and you are?" then lastly, a small smile toward the anxious hound.

Hello, sweet Antichrist
148 Posts
Ooc — Vami
She would relax in front of him then. Her mighty and dominant display subsiding when she realized there was nothing and none to to display for. Hemlocke was no threat. At least, he hoped himself to be for none, despite the assumptions of his conception. 

She explains he had no reason to fear her for she would not attack without reason. He too was the same of course, though her still pushing forward made him feel uncomfortable. She was not really close, not anywhere near close enough to touch, so he fought with himself to be civil on this though still remained tense, long legs ready to take action and spring away when needed. 

His leathery back nose twitched to her title. So formal and proper and she presented that she laid claim to these lands she called 'Sunward'. He visibly cringed. I'm sorry to intrude. His gravelly voice whispered. Claimed? He didnt realize. Didnt smell any markers, see any tracks of wolf activity, didnt even smell wolves at all until she arrived. I'm Hemlocke Grove. He spoke, trying to match her formality with a full name though held no title. I'll leave your lands now.  He started back to leave, slowly at first, hoping she would not pursue. If these were her lands and he was intruding, that was definitely cause then for attack.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"You are not intruding if one is welcomed." No malice, nor' even a presence, a completely unhostile entity that she had no need to feel threatened by. A wandering stranger coming to her lands, but Uriel didn't want to simply banish all who came. What would the point be, if all who came she threw away, for this was supposed to be not only her sanctuary, but for others.

Hello, sweet Antichrist
148 Posts
Ooc — Vami
You'd welcome me in this Braken? He pauses, his ears lifting once more. There is much distance between them now, he feels more comfortable. But they are wolves and he need not speak up for her to hear him. The shadow shifts, his movements turning with such fluidity it were as though he were gliding. Truth be told, it is the bracken bushes and mists which clock his shifted footing. In your home, even if you dont know who I am? ...Dont know what I can be? His raspy voice edges with questions. He doesnt want to leave the protection of the forest and yet feels awkward here like this. Still, if he is to survive, he would need to find some new placement in this world without the comfort and protection of the crone, would he not?
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"To those who don't know where to go," she started, "and those who wish to become anew, can become reborn here. A sanctuary, for us." It was to be not only her haven of renewal, but one for all. A ward for the wolves she holds, for all to take a turn like she has done; the past is forgotten and moved forward, and here you can become someone else, "your past will not matter here." For she was another long ago, but now, here she was, Alpha of Sunward; Uriel.

Hello, sweet Antichrist
148 Posts
Ooc — Vami
This place, though she claimed it as her own,  it was not. She meant to claim it, to lead it, yes, but it was not of her own. It was for the lost ones,  the ones who either walked away or ran from their past. From those who could not or would not look back. For those, she said, who wanted to be reborn. 

I want that. He honestly spoke, hushed tones. But what if I cannot forget? What if the past will forever haunt me? What if I cannot escape my making? It was questions he constantly asked himself, come to life and spoken into the chilly air for her to here. What if I cannot walk amongst The Sun? Would she still take him in then, if he did not come here and shed his past but found himself only consistently reminding himself of it, for it was all he knew? Would she have him stay here, if he, quiet literally, could not walk with the sun? After nearly raping here with all these questions, the shadow takes one long stride forward, bloodied eyes staring at her - into her.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"You want it, is all that is needed." She knew the shackles of what one carries, "but here, you will not be scorned for what had happened. Whoever haunts you, isn't here." A hound he was, bright red eyes staring deep within her own silvers, and she looked back unflinching, calmly answering each one of his woes and worries.

"The sun walks with you, and to protect you." To lust for that rebirth, is all that Uriel had wanted, her greed to claim a sanctuary, and her desire to abandon what was, is all she knew to walk forward from the past shadows. She would hope, many would do the same. So she says, however there was a few times were mind strayed to a grudge, especially to the white dragon who tore her down from the maplewoods.

Hello, sweet Antichrist
148 Posts
Ooc — Vami
She did not understand, could not, for his explanation was vague. His history not spoken. But he couldn't tell her. Couldnt pull himself together enough to explain that his mother had turned from priestess to witch. That she had used dark magic from hell's keep, sold her soul when she made a pact with that devil, to spawn the very creature which stood before Uriel now. He feared, no, he knew, that if he told her, he would be shunned as he had time and time before. The only way Hemlocke would find sanctuary was on a bed of lies. 

Whatever haunted him was here - all around. For like the Gods whom could see all and everywhere, so could the devil himself, once cast from the heavens. He gulps, shifting awkwardly on his spidery limbs. All he can do is nod for to argue would do little well for him. If he could not escape what would happen to him in the afterlife, at least he could do to survive his life now,  if only to postpone what was to come for as long as he could. 

A smirk, ever so small, toys at the corner of his lips. It is there but a second until he shakes his crown, dark eyes moving back up to meet the silver of her stare, like reflections of the moon which he so followed. I'm sorry miss, but you are gravely mistaken... His eyes, they narrow slightly and he winces to the thought. Sunlight stings me, burns my vision. Like an albino that was sensitive to the sun, his blood red gaze took harshly to the rays of light. I must stay to the shadows. As he had always. Is this a sign I do not belong amongst the Sunward? Surely, he thought... surely.
hello Darkness,
my old friend.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"No." Uriel started, "you may not touch the sun, but we can become the sun." Sunward was not meant to bask in the constant glory of the sun and the light, but it was a meaning to become as vibrant as such. Perhaps in another time, she would chosen a more moon theme, but the phoenix wanted to rise to it's glory, and set her mind to brightness it can shine down upon her each day.

"but the moon can be the same." the sun can shine so bright, the moon works just as well, "for it shines as bright as the sun in the darkness. You can find your way."

Hello, sweet Antichrist
148 Posts
Ooc — Vami
When the woman spoke of not touching the sun, but becoming it instead, his devilishly pointed ears perked higher, revealing an obvious curiosity in what she meant by this. He was not the only one here which spoke vaguely and in a certain tongue. It was a metaphorical comment which he thought he may understand, on the account of this Sunward she wished to make, being a sanctuary for those wishing to put their unwelcoming pasts behind them. 

This is true. For awhile the sun blinds me, the moon has always guided my path. The shadow shifts, his tail, curled up at the end, sway forth and back once. His barreled chest taking a heavy breath. In my culture, it is said the Sun and Moon our bound together. The stars their children and us wolves kissed by them. He pauses, thinking and, know even, that he was not kissed by them. Though he would long the the affection of the Gods, his creation had been from something other. Much darker. 

Studying her, there is an intrigue within him. This woman had displayed herself firstly with a determined mightiness. She was set on staking her claim though it seemed she had yet any at her realm. On the other side of the coin, she was delicate with Hemlocke, trying to understand, to help... Both sides, like the sun and Moon. You are a warden of the Sun, it is obvious. He looks her golden coat up and down before stopping on the features of her face once more. But Moon Mother is in you too. I can see her in your eyes. Eyes swirling of pale silvers.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"A wise saying that speaks of the truth."  In many culturea the two were counted as one, or a partner pair in the sweetened world. Opposites, but together as always, they were one of the same, and look down at everyone without a curse. She found his culture spoke of beautiful words, that she took to heart. Sun-kissed and moon-touched, was to be her ward.

"I would hope so; for the sun and moon are to be within us." She may be sun-kissed, but as Hemlocke said, the moon may be in within her, so she so wishes to be true. The group she wants may be called Sunward, but they would not stray away to those moon-touched, and they too can stay within her claim. She only wished, her claim will be soon to make her dreams, come true as well.

Hello, sweet Antichrist
148 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Uriel speaks in agreement to his words, saying that they are both wise and true. Hemlocke, having only truly encountered those of his homeland (as he was able to avoid everyone else until he arrived in this plentiful land) had not known others who did not believe in his religion. Hearing Uriel's agreement was pleasant, for he had wondered if others took to his views on the Gods beyond Torbine's reach. 

He nods then, finding himself growing still and silent once more. She showed much of the Sun in her where he was cloaked by the shadows which the moon was cradled within. If the forest wills our company, I will guard this ward. Of course, if the forest objected them, they would know. Until then, he would remain, a silent protector.
sun-kissed
124 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"We would love to have you." She smiled brightly, to the shadow canine. She had none to this claim, and dare not take anyone within just of yet, however those who pledge to guard here, will be counted when her ward is finalized. Uriel appreciate Hemlocke, proud he was the first to come within The Bracken Woods, and to help this place.

"We will build Sunward."

Hello, sweet Antichrist
148 Posts
Ooc — Vami
He watches her from those red wine pools, the smile on her features and listens to the pleasant tone of her voice. Respectful, as he had been taught, he dips his muzzle downward to her pledge. We will build. He agrees and after passing the light of the sun one last glance, the shadow of the moon slipped deep into the darkness of the bracken.