Sea Lion Shores oh, say, you want my love tonight
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Private 

It was sunny today, the light peeking through clouds above. A little warmer than it had been the past few weeks, and Huā was feeling good. It reminded her of the south- sunny and warm and not at all like the Wilds. With this thought in mind, the girl decided to take a vacation to the beach once again.

Approaching the water, dipping in her dark paws. Careless as to how she appeared and feeling rather giddy, she splashed around in the shallow water, skipping here and there while droplets were flung from her racing feet.
YUÈLÓNG
37 Posts
Ooc — H2O
She had ventured away, though didn't pay much attention to the passing of time. Somewhere in her heart, adventure pulled her away from her travels and brought her here to the wilds. While she did have time to go inland once in a blue moon, most of her time was spent coasting along the beach waters. Crisp smell of salt and sand, with the scuttling crabs and cries of hungry birds flying above and diving into the water below.

Lei Lei felt the breeze blow through her body, welcoming her back to another foreign home. The sea would always claim her heart and provide a sanctuary for her; that was something the female could appreciate about the consistency of her life. Beach after beach, sea after sea, she would always find her home somewhere far away.

Her attention was taken away from her thoughts however, when she heard splashing in the water, and it most certainly wasn't coming from her. She turned herself to face the source of the noise, and for a moment, Lei Lei couldn't possibly understand what she saw. A wolf dancing in the water, foam flying everywhere as water crashed all around in a beautiful display. Lei Lei couldn't help but come closer to see who decided to enjoy the water considering the weather had been cool for a little -- though being by the sea helped bring the temperature up a few degrees. She stands in the line of fire from the water, feeling the tide rush against her paws, she had yet to go into the shallow area.

A scent, familiar in the back of her head, struck her nose. She tilted her head, confused but felt her tail wagging behind her viciously. "Hello?" she called out, desperately wanting to see the face of this scent-familiar wolf before her.
"Mandarin" | "English"
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
gonna type in English for my own ease but she is speaking chinese :"P

A voice calls put and as soon as it hits her ears, her cheeks are flushed with embarrassment. Would they have seen her playing. She halts and turns. And there she is! Lei lei, another cousin. They were appearing these days, one by one. She rushes toward her, stopping to lap her cheek affectionately before pulling away. 

Lei lei, I'm so happy to see you! She laughs. Grinning ear to ear, sandy tail wagging side to side behind her. The girl wasn't her favorite cousin- but she was easier to get along with than others. If anything, she reminded Huā of Ying- headstrong, adventurous, bold. And that was likable enough.
YUÈLÓNG
37 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Of all the wolves Lei Lei knew, she wouldn't have guessed that Huā would be caught red-handed having a little splishy splashy fun by herself. To Lei Lei, Huā was a little more reserved and sometimes didn't seem like she knew what fun exactly was -- yet the stormcloud knew that the element of fun was practically branded along the DNA in her family. Cousins or littermates, this family was closely-knit, and Lei Lei didn't want to have it any other way.

Coming to Lei Lei and planting a welcoming kiss on the check, Huā doesn't waste time to show her excitement about her cousin's presence. Lei Lei bumps her nose gently against her cousin's and plants a tiny kiss on it as well at the end, a smile heavily tugged on her lips.

"Since when did you ever miss me? I thought you would be happy to have me out of your hair for a little" she joked warmly, thinking back to fond memories on the sandy shores of childhood days. She knew that sometimes she would easily butt heads with Huā considering their polar personalities at times, but family was family and blood was blood. At the end of the day, they would always have each others' backs.

"Is anyone else from our clan here?" she asked curiously, tail curling behind her body and swaying gently. She knew that Huā was rather close with her littermates at times, probably more so than Lei Lei and her own; could Huā have just ventured off on her own and that was that?
"Mandarin" | "English"
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
heyyy is it ok if this is dated for jan 31st? a lot happened on feb 1st so :"D

Her cousin returns her little kiss of affection, before making a playful joke. Huā laughs. 当然我想你了! 傻姑娘, She chuckles lovingly. The girl reminded her of Ying more than ever- loud, brash, fiery, and yet entirely lovable in every aspect. Their personalities may be different, but they were family. Nothing could come between that, not even opposite hearts. 

Now the stormy girl wonders if Huā's own sisters were there. She had hit the nail right on the head; Huā nods charcoal head. 映和美在这里。现在别人也在这里。 She explains matter of factly. Tail wags slowly in the ocean breeze. 也你兄弟姐妹吗? She inquires in return.
YUÈLÓNG
37 Posts
Ooc — H2O
totally fine to move the date. I might have to modify the thread I have with Ying since technically Lei saw her first but no biggie!

Ying and Mei? Wowie, it was the whole trio of the girls deciding to make their claim here. Lei Lei hoped their parents would be proud for them sticking it out together , family in modern times was often a forgotten bond wolves have to others that walk the earth.

As for the questioning of her siblings, Lei Lei nodded. "I ran into Ying, she told me my sister Ruo was here." As for Bo Hai, she wasn't sure what was happening with him. She hoped it would all work out and that cousins and siblings woud come together once more. However, Ruo had always been a stickler with interaction at times, it always seemed like she didn't want to be apart of the family at times. "I worry about her, she's always been rather... distant with us. But hopefully she regains her ties with us again. As for Bo Hai, I wouldn't know where he currently is."

"What has happened since you guys have moved from home?" 
It had been quite some time since they left, she wondered about their adventures and mishaps together during the timeperiod of travel.
"Mandarin" | "English"
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
tysm<3

She nods- Ruò, the silent recluse. She was surprised that the wolf had joined them here, she seemed more like one who preferred to be alone. But there was a strength in numbers, so she would not complain of the girl's presence. She would be useful, even if she was not the most social. As for Bohai, she prayed he would arrive soon. 

Lei lei inquired about what had happened, and Huā laughs. 我们不想,但是我们加入了一个冬天的小组。 这里的人太奇怪了……他们的孩子不守规矩。 She tells her with a furrowing of her brow. Then she decides to test her new idea on the stormy girl. 因为堂兄在这里...我想也许我们应该组队。 Huā proposes with a hesitant smile. She wondered what Lei lei would think.
YUÈLÓNG
37 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Unruly children? That was unheard of in the family Lei Lei and Hua had the pleasure of owning the name and ties to. Sure, the stormcloud was outspoken at times and could be as loud as the meaning of her name, but she wasn't unruly as a child. she wondered about the lack of discipline that occurred in this new land. "did you bite them?" nipping it in the butt, as lei lei would put it, was always the best option, whether it was figuratively or literally. sometimes kids needed some teeth on the flank to learn a lesson, even adults at times! a mischevious grin spread across her lips.

as for the talk of grouping, however, the cousin found herself curious of Hua and her sisters' actions recently on this coast. forming a group would solidify a claim for sure, a claim that the family could easily hold down with the help of bringing in a few others into the fold. she liked the idea. "count me in, for whatever it takes to make a claim here. your sisters and you would make a wonderful group, of course with the help of us too" us referring to lei lei and whomever else would rummage around the isle.

"would it be the same way home is?" home was a culture one could never truly leave, especially for lei lei. the culture was strict at times, strict about aspects of respect and family. the other wolves who lived in these wilds may not be so accustomated to the idea.
"Mandarin" | "English"
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
The thundercloud asked Huā if she bit the kids, and she chortles a laugh. 我希望! She chuckles with a grin. There had been too much of the tension there; the tension of having to uphold pack standards. The worry that the adults would take Tuvak's side- despite how idiotic he'd been. 

At the mention of their group Huā smiles pleasantly. So Lei was in! Thank god, she thinks- they would be needing more people like her. Whether she liked it or not, Huā would have to recruit some friendly and open members to balance out all the xenophobes in their group. Lei with her bright personality and youthful style was the perfect candidate, and perhaps she would provide Ying some happy company. 

Then Lei asks whether iit would be the same as home. Home had once held good memories for her- before the incident. But still she felt aligned to the culture she'd been raised with- or most of it, anyway. 我觉得。可是在这里,女孩不是只妻子。我们和男孩是同水平。 She decides with confidence. She would not deny any girl the chance to be a wife or mother, but she was sure their purpose would go beyond this. They would be the leaders and foundation of their home.

The two would go on talking a little while longer, brainstorming the foundations of their potential new home. Eventually Huā would tell Lei to stay on the beach; wait for the sisters. She would return to Rusalka, if only for a short time. But that short time would serve as the catalyst to propel her plan into action.