Moonspear there's an old voice in my head
196 Posts
Ooc — thalia
All Welcome 
the girl is draped over a fallen oak; thick and ancient. it is one of many victims of the quake, and the once-proud thing serves now only as her resting place. she is panting, out of breath after her climb of the mountain earlier that day. in an effort to regain stamina and strength, she's made it routine to charge up the mountainside each morning. each time, she gets a little further than the last before she has to stop for breath. this time, however, she'd fallen back; making it only as far as she had three days before. it is disappointment that weighs heavy on her then, so much so that only an ear flicks in the direction of the sound when it comes. a snapping branch, the crush of snow; in the trees, something moves.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Gravity worked against Osiris; a gnarled twig rolled down the mountainside, away from the spot that he had been enjoying gnawing on it moments prior. He descended the short distance with haste, sending snow spraying every with way, as he attempted to navigate the slick decline. Osiris soon realized that the play-thing's trajectory was poised to strike Isilmë. Not wanting to hurt his packmate indirectly, Osiris frantically called out: 

"Hey! Watch out!"
196 Posts
Ooc — thalia
the thing is approaching; from somewhere up the mountain. she is only beginning to shift in its direction when the voice calls out, and the sizable stick suddenly becomes apparent. she flinches backward, leaping from her resting place and out of the way. unnecessarily, it seems; just before it comes to strike where she'd been sitting, it collides with the roots of the falling tree and is stuck fast. 

the silver rounds on the boy, hackles flared. "what the hell?" erupts from her, suddenly and violently awake.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
The wayward branch was obliterated, it's remnants diverging upon impact.  Isilmë—who had emerged unscathed—was quick to approach Osiris once he had skidded to a standstill. Instinctively, he stooped under her sharply worded accusation; Osiris had never been spoken to in such a way, and it startled him. 

"It was an accident!" he replied quickly, "I didn't mean to lose my grip—I'm sorry!"
196 Posts
Ooc — thalia
gaze is still sharp even as the boy apologizes, though as her heart rate slows, her expression softens. she seems to accept his explanation, shifting slightly. if anything, she's embarrassed for her own reaction. she is left, then, without a clear idea of how to proceed. "you're one of hydra's kids -- osiris, right?" she tries after a moment, deflating back to neutrality.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris relaxed as Isilmë did; thankfully, his explination was accepted. Although silence overcame them both, he was content. It allowed for his heart to slow, and for him to breathe for a moment. 

"I am," Osiris confirmed with a wave of his tail, oblivious of her embarrassment, "And you're... Dragomir's sister, right?" His face scrunched then as he drew a blank on her name.

Osiris lingered long enough to learn Isilmë's name, and then excused himself from their conversation; he'd make an effort to re-connect again when the embarrassment of the situation had subsided. For now, Osiris would avoid her until he was ready to face her again.