Moonspear and if i don't answer, i'd hang around
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
@Osiris <3

carrying absentmindedly the whittled end of a pine, arcturus ranged through the spear's middling steppes. the snow and ice prevented him from going much further -- the pass he often preferred to navigate had naught but a slick layer of ice deposited at its mouth. he hardly called it safe passage.

relegated to the lower reaches, arcturus passed the time by lugging the stick in a rare bout of play. he did not know it yet, but change and spring were soon upon the wind -- and he was filled with a strange sense of purposefulness that kept his head clear and free of troubles.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris had come across Arcturus—and the stick he carried— upon the lower limits of Moonspear. He chuffed in greeting as he approached his uncle, and stole a glance every-so-often towards the pine-end. Osiris fell into pace next to Arcturus, keeping a safe distance between himself and the end of the stick. 

"What are you doing with that?" he asked, cutting straight to the point; was it's purpose something that he could partake in, too?
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
met by his nephew, the mountaineer slowed his pace and regarded osiris warmly. he had grown , hard and fast like a fir - soon he would be in the adult ranks alongside his parents and uncle.. time, arcturus noted, seemed cruelly swift.

"just keeping busy," arcturus answered, his voice muffled by splintered wood. he thrust one end towards osiris and bowed, a roguish grin hanging across his muzzle.
send my soul away
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Roll: Click!

Osiris did not hesitate once Arcturus presented the splintered stick. Quickly, he sprang into action, clearing the distance that separated them.  Once he was within striking distance, Osiris vaulted forward with his jaws opened wide. 

He was successful in his charge. Osiris' latched onto his target, fastening his teeth in the gnarled wood. Once his grip was secured, he growled and jerked backward, initiating their game of tug-of-war. Although Osris knew that Arcturus was stronger than him, his determination did not dwindle—somehow, he would win.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
delighted to see their game commence, arcturus waited for osiris' lunge.

the boy grabbed the rough end, hauling his teeth round the splintered parts with a fierce aggression that made arcturus' heart sing in pride. allowing osiris time to secure his grip, arcturus turned his head and rounded his shoulders.

like an oxen loaded with burden, arcturus dug his stout legs into the soil and began to haul forward, a devil's grin on his features as he attempted to drag the stick (and osiris) along for the ride.
send my soul away
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Despite his best effort, Arcturus dragged Osiris towards him. He stiffened his limbs as he felt the ground move under paw. Osiris' jaws tightened their grip, and a growl escaping through his clenched teeth; the struggle only motivated his further. 

When his labor did not prove to be successful, he considered a different strategy; Osiris blanked.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
osiris growled over a mouthful of coarse bark, prompting arcturus to mutely smile. soon the boy would bulk up and this game would not be so easy — but arcturus would live in the present, and relish his current advantage.

when he felt the tension on the stick was just right, and osiris’ body heaving against him just so, he released his grip of the tree’s limb — the sudden relinquishment of his prize surely enough to send osiris somersaulting backwards. arcturus could not help the well meaning smirk that dressed his muzzle as he gave up his hold — surely, he would be in for a show.
send my soul away
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris was sent tumbling once Arcturus had released his grip. Whirling in reverse, with limbs flailing every which way, he traveled a considerable distance before stilling; several guttural noises escaped Osiris as he bounced against the ground. Somehow, he had managed to keep hold of the stick. 

Once the dust had settled, Osiris suddenly rose onto all fours and bolted in the opposite direction. Situation be damned—he had an advantage here, and would use it. Letting out a bark around the stick, Osiris headed for the hills.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
on the plus side, osiris now commandeered the stick.

arcturus watched as the boy (could he in fairness still call osiris that? he was so grown) tumbled backwards, a cloud of dust billowing out from behind him. debris littered his smooth coat as he stood, shook himself, and then ran.

a summery laugh escaped the mountaineer, who quickly followed in hot pursuit.
send my soul away
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris scrambled onward as a combination of excited and nervous-energy overcame him; he knew he was no match for Arcturus, especially in a climbing match. Despite his awareness, Osiris persisted. There was still fun to be had, even though Arcturus was bound to catch up at a moment's notice.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
on osiris surged, scrambling past ledge and snow with arcturus in hot pursuit. this was good practice -- for both osiris, and arcturus, who as of late had not trained as heavily as he oft wanted to. with patrols consuming most of his time, it was a small godsend he found a sliver of time in which to play.

osiris was hauling up the mountainside, and arcturus decided to give him little quarter. he strode quickly, matching the boy's pace, his jaws snapping playfully at osiris' flinging heels. soon he would be out of breath, but for now, he enjoyed living in the moment and having fun for once.
send my soul away
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris could feel Arcturus on his heels, and it prompted him to quicken his pace. Though he was not the quickest of the pack, he was gifted with the capacity to endure. Mountain climbing was not his forte—not yet, at least—but their game allowed him the practice that he needed. 

Slowing only when the ledge of Moonspear's middling territory was overhead, Osiris lept to grab at the shelf with his forepaws. He hung there as his hind legs sought their footing, desperately attempting—and failing, for the most part— to push himself upward.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
endurance was a valuable asset, perhaps more than outright strength -- which in arcturus' experience, bloomed violently and withered quickly.

he kept after the boy, who was not fast -- but he was consistent.

arcturus did not press to close the distance now; what had been a game devolved into something a bit more noble, a conditioning session. he watched osiris' gait, slowing when he slowed and speeding up when he did, matching him pace for pace as they lugged up the mountain-side.

only a few times did he aim a cheeky nip at the boy, encouragement as much as motivation to keep going.

they came to a shelf where arcturus slowed, but osiris sped up. the boy leapt, clearing the lip but his lower limbs hanging. arcturus hung below, aiming another nip at a toe as he waited for osiris to pull himself up, so he might leap up next.
send my soul away
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Arcturus' nipping was a suitable motivator. Upon feeling his uncle's teeth, Osiris' concentration and strength amplified tenfold, allowing for him to hoist himself up onto solid ground quickly. Osiris slowed only when a safe distance separated him from the ledge, his sides heaving with evident fatigue. 

In anticipation of Arcturus' ascent, Osiris spun around to face his uncle and dropped to a bow. A challenging gleam twinkled in his gemstone eyes, inviting his relative to engage; although Osiris was beginning to tire, their game was not over.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
eventually, osiris mantled the stone -- disappearing briefly over the lip of granite.

arcturus pounced after him nimbly, his movements not unlike a housecat clearing a counter.

already, osiris was there ready for him in a playbow. the mountaineer froze, dropped to his forepaws in reciprocation, and then lunged towards osiris at a scamper.
send my soul away
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris and Arcturus collided and tumbled as one, separating themselves further from the plateau's edge. He was pinned to the ground when the dust settled, and the stick had crash-landed nearby, lost in the turbulence. 

Acting quickly, one Osiris realized that he no longer held the staff, he bunny-kicked Arcturus. Hopefully, the move would set him free.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
a jousting growl parted from arcturus' lips as they parried, his maneuvers buffeting osiris to the ground. for a split second the beta lorded over his newest conquest, a grin slung widely across his features -- up until osiris aimed nimble hind feet at his exposed stomach.

the beta grunted, a whoosh of air escaping him as his tender belly was assailed. he leapt backwards like a cat startled, landing several feet away with his body hunched, preparing to pounce once more. it was then he noticed the stick -- his gaze slid to osiris, back to the stick, back to osiris again...

and then he lunged, jaws aiming for the end of the staff.
send my soul away
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
There was a moment between Osiris and Arcturus, where each of their gazes bounced between their opponent and prize; there could only be one winner in this game. Scrambling, in tandem with his uncle, Osiris quickly rose and lunged for the stick. 

Whether or not he'd be first to grab the stick would be determined in the matter of a millisecond. From Osiris' vantage point, it was too close to call who'd make it first—and so he focused all of his might into his charge, poising his jaws to grab at the staff.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
osiris lunged for the pie made a bid for the staff, same as arcturus. in that milisecond the beta knew the boy would defeat him, as he was nimbler -- so, he did what any self-respecting guy that was outgunned did.

he aimed for the cheapshot.

with a grin he aimed for osiris' tail as he pulled ahead. no doubt, osiris would get the stick -- but if arcturus was lucky, he'd get something better.
send my soul away
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris and Arcturus' jaws closed in tandem; jolted by the sensation of getting his tail grabbed, he attempted to spin around to face his uncle. The staff recklessly waved as Osiris moved, threatening to whack either of them. 

There was not much more that Osiris could do, and he growled around the stick in frustration as he recognized that he had been bested.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
osiris swung around, his staff arcing towards arcturus with a menacing whir. the beta nimbly released his nephew's tail, attempting rather messily to leap over the staff as it swung towards him.

there was a rough knock of wood on bone as the stick rapped at his wrists -- dogged, and shaking off the pain, arcturus pirouetted outside of reach and spun, another playbow given teasingly in osiris' direction.
send my soul away
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris and Arcturus' game did not last much longer. He grew increasingly exhausted by his uncle's endeavors, and ultimately, they called it a night. 

Walking side-by-side, Arcturus ensured Osiris returned home safely. Once they had arrived at Moonspear's common area, he nipped his uncle's chin to say goodbye. Osiris then beelined for the family den, and promptly fell asleep; he'd dream of playing with Arcturus again.